Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: It's not you, it's me. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's not you, it's me.  (Read 186332 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 09:03:14 PM

Yep, the grind of daily stupidity has finally wore me down. With SWTOR going F2P on the stories, I'm just playing an agent for the story shit I never saw, and logging in to do my one rep a day I care about.

Even then, I still don't log in every day to WoW. I've got 470 ilvl, so really I only need to log in on tuesdays when my group does LFR.

They did a really poor job with this total denial of daily necessity. The forums continually froth with how they like dailies, and the response from blues is "you don't have to do them if you don't want to."

Yeah, unless you want to just watch those valor points rot. I'm sure that's a lovely way of dealing with your customer's complaints.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 17, 2012, 10:55:12 PM

I'm so against the rot of dailies I've been converting my pally and DK's  dungeon points into Honour and buying the base PvP sets.

Then I remembered how shit WoW PvP is :(

Why am I still playing this game?

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 05:25:30 AM

They really need to make it a law that a company can't force you to answer a poll about why you are leaving before you are able to click cancel.  That's just fucking bullshit.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 05:30:31 AM

Oh and it's the eigth anniversary day so be sure to log in!

No idea what the gift is since it's broken, at least for people on my realm.  Since they started selling pets they don't give those away anymore so who cares what it is really.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 05:35:57 AM

Oh and it's the eigth anniversary day so be sure to log in!

No idea what the gift is since it's broken, at least for people on my realm.  Since they started selling pets they don't give those away anymore so who cares what it is really.
Currently, the 8th anniversary is a complementary Timewarp.  You get to travel back in time to the 7th anniversary, and recieve the exact same in-game mail as last year!

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 07:17:54 PM

The gift is a buff. You get an item (the WoW icon) in your inventory, and when you click it, you get the buff for 1 hr. The icon stays, so I expect it will stick around until the 8th anno is considered to be over.

The buff is 8% bonus to rep and xp from kills. So it will be most useful to your alts that have not yet reached the level cap.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35:10 PM

A lot of people are mentioning that the bonus to rep is only for "rep from kills" (a'la the old tabard system) and does not affect the rep gained from daily quests (the new panda system).  Which severely reduces the usefulness of the buff.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 19, 2012, 12:05:30 AM

It may be kinda-sorta OK for Black Prince rep (legendary questline) since that only gives rep from killing mobs in two endgame zones. That said, I did a full set of golden lotus / klaxxi dailies once (for scientific reasons only, DO NOT JUDGE ME awesome, for real) and the rep barely budged. At that point I was well into 'fuck this shit, legendary questline or not' territory.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 19, 2012, 04:15:30 AM

On a positive note, 5 minutes at a banquet table gets you a nice +10% rep buff for an hour during pilgrim's bounty, which DOES work on quest turn in reps.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #44 on: November 19, 2012, 06:25:18 PM

I got to 431 cooking doing thanksgiving food, and I'm only 48.  Wow I wish I wasn't working I could level my alts even quicker.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 19, 2012, 10:11:25 PM

How do you do that Thanksgiving food?

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 07:36:59 AM

I got to 445 on my Panda Monk. Had to hunt a lot of turkeys to cook though. 5 more dailies and I can cook "cata" style.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 20, 2012, 07:49:48 AM

I'm quitting finally. Been subbed since day 1. My daughter would like me to keep playing but I think she'll have to be happy with us doing Minecraft together instead.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #48 on: November 20, 2012, 08:06:07 AM

The Blizzard CMs are frantically trying to convince the populace that you don't have to do dailies in order to progress, and that it wasn't a mistake in design.

I've heard this line of reasoning before. I also haven't logged in all weekend because I was actually having more fun playing SWTOR F2P since I'd never seen the Empire storylines. Also, I get to joke with my friends about what's actually hidden because subscription or cartels coins. The running theme is "Oh you want XXX? Ooops, that costs cartel coins!"

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #49 on: November 20, 2012, 08:18:14 AM

To be fair I'm still relatively enjoying the leveling experience. I imagine I'll get heroic geared a bit and then punch out after having a bad LFR experience since I plan on trying to tank.

SWTOR I may sub for a month or so to play a storyline. Dunno what I'll bother spending the cartel coins on.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 20, 2012, 09:24:49 AM

The Blizzard CMs are frantically trying to convince the populace that you don't have to do dailies in order to progress, and that it wasn't a mistake in design.

I've heard this line of reasoning before. I also haven't logged in all weekend because I was actually having more fun playing SWTOR F2P since I'd never seen the Empire storylines. Also, I get to joke with my friends about what's actually hidden because subscription or cartels coins. The running theme is "Oh you want XXX? Ooops, that costs cartel coins!"
Except that strictly speaking, they are right, you don't need to do dailys to advance.  A toon fully geared out in iLevel 463 heroic dungeon loot, who is properly enchanted, gemmed and reforged, is perfectlly ready for normal raids, and all of that can be achieved without ever doing a single daily.  And normal raids offer gear equivilents to everything you could get with rep + valor purchaces at revered.

The only things you truely NEED to do dailys for are Tradeskill recepies (if you want to craft the things yourself instead of buy them from someone else).

Most of it comes down to people bitching that they NEED Elder Charms to progress (they don't, they just give you a small edge) and the only way to get them currently is doing dailys.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:27:45 AM by SurfD »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 09:55:30 AM

Here's a few of the laughable things that cost cartel coins:

Want more than one default toolbar? That costs cartel coins.
Want to hide that stupid hat or show your titles? That costs cartel coins.
Want to put up more than 5 auctions? That costs cartel coins.
Want to equip purple stuff? That costs cartel coins.
Want to have more than 30 slots in your inventory? That costs cartel coins.
Want to not have reduced xp gains after level 10? That costs cartel coins.
Want to have sex with a companion? I'm not sure yet, but I'm betting that costs a lot of coins.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #52 on: November 20, 2012, 09:56:35 AM

None of that stuff costs cartel coins if you subscribe, as he indicated he was going to.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 20, 2012, 09:57:57 AM

I'm beginning to believe what Blizzard hints at every now and again with "not giving players choices" and just telling them what to do.  Oh?  

You wanted more crap to do instead of sitting in a capital city until you're whisked away by LFD/LFR/HG,WT?  Here's a bunch of stuff, enjoy!
Playerbase response:  "Why u force me?  QQ."

I'm not trying to Grunk this, but people complaining they must do dailies to progress aren't grasping the concept raid content is tuned for 463 IL in Mogu'shan Vaults.  That being said, I know plenty of guilds who can't down the first boss because their players aren't very good.  

I do see the bottleneck at 90 if you blow through the LFRs in one day.  I don't, however, buy into the idea that players are forced to do endless dailies.  Getting a reputation to Honored or Revered just isn't that much work.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #54 on: November 20, 2012, 09:58:08 AM

Most of it comes down to people bitching that they NEED Elder Charms to progress (they don't, they just give you a small edge) and the only way to get them currently is doing dailys.

No, most of it comes down to people earning valor points and not wanting to set them on fire just because they are hidden behind faction requirements, which are in turn hidden behind dailies.

So yeah, if you completely toss out the valor point system, and you rely completely on LFR and raiding lockouts (which you can only do once a week), then yeah you don't need dailies.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #55 on: November 20, 2012, 10:19:09 AM

Here's a few of the laughable things that cost cartel coins:

Want more than one default toolbar? That costs cartel coins.
Want to hide that stupid hat or show your titles? That costs cartel coins.
Want to put up more than 5 auctions? That costs cartel coins.
Want to equip purple stuff? That costs cartel coins.
Want to have more than 30 slots in your inventory? That costs cartel coins.
Want to not have reduced xp gains after level 10? That costs cartel coins.
Want to have sex with a companion? I'm not sure yet, but I'm betting that costs a lot of coins.
It's ridiculous. The toolbar thing has almost made me uninstall the game out of disgust. Let me PLAY the fucking game please. Tradeskills are 100% not necessary to advance or even have fun really, but good luck playing most of the classes with just two toolbars.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #56 on: November 20, 2012, 10:21:35 AM

Heroics give valor.  80 for the first of the day and 45 for each after that.  Same with Scenarios.  Run one scenario and one heroic a day a *poof* you're at the honor cap in a week.  Except you have to log on every day to do it. (Well, ok 6.25 days.  Ohhhhh, I see.)

Complaints that "I have to do dailies" are related ENTIRELY to valor.  Whiny players who want to sit in the cities and do nothing but queue up for their 7 and be done with the game for the week.  That's all the bitching I see in my guild and on forums about it.  That's not the goal and Blizzard doesn't want that. I'm cool with it, get people out and doing more otherwise the game is a glorified dungeon lobby.

So instead, people are running dailies as a grind, thinking that because you get more valor for ALL dailies it's more efficient. It's not. It's the least efficient way of getting them, but dumbasses will continue to do it and bitch because - hey - they're dumbasses.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 20, 2012, 10:24:35 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 10:27:20 AM

Merusk, the complaints about dailies aren't earning valor, it's SPENDING THE VALOR. That's the part that's hidden behind reputations.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 10:34:42 AM

Spending valor is in no way related to complaints I've seen - which admittedly are non-LFR-raider-related.  Valor gear only nets me - an LFR player - 3 pieces as "best in slot" vs LFR equip.   it does nothing at all for raiders as valor is shitty.

You'll see LFR players complaining about ability to cap with 5.1 when they have to hit cap every week to upgrade their gear, which looks to be taking 1500-2000 points per piece, and all pieces can be upgraded.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #60 on: November 20, 2012, 10:53:27 AM

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004695067
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200179987
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200029981
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200079964

There's some light reading from the last week. They all reference the same issue. Some are pro, some say l2p, some say BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT EVERY DAY.

They boil down to the same thing. Rep is hiding valor gear. It's the first time they've done that, and it's a stupid mistake. There's no reason to defend that choice.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #61 on: November 20, 2012, 11:01:24 AM

It's not WoW unless there's some arbitrary cockblock to endgame content, even if it's "babby endgame" like LFR.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: November 20, 2012, 11:38:34 AM

The biggest problem with the whole "rep is hiding valor gear" arguement is that other then August Celestials and Golden Lotus, it really isnt hiding all that much.
If you quest out Towlong and Dreadwastes, you are almost most of the way through honored before you finish.  Even morso if you do it while using a rep booster buff like the one from hallows end or Pilgrims Bounty.  Heck, once the patch comes through and you earn double rep, most people WILL hit revered before finishing those zones.

Golden lotus and August celestials are, admittedly, a bit more of a grind, but even then, I think i was revered with both mid way through the third week of the expantion.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: November 20, 2012, 11:43:31 AM

They boil down to the same thing. Rep is hiding valor gear. It's the first time they've done that, and it's a stupid mistake. There's no reason to defend that choice.
Except that valor gear is not needed to progress.  If you are one of the small minority of people who both A: dont want to Raid and B: dont want to do dailys for rep, then why exactly do you need Valor Gear in the first place, since there is pretty much NOTHING in the game that you might want to do that would require that gear?

Valor gear exists for the PvE player who does not raid.  Raiders have better alterniatives.  And PvErs who dont raid basicly only have dailys to keep themselves occupied.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #64 on: November 20, 2012, 11:55:31 AM

Nobody is saying you need it to progress.

Here's the issue. Blizzard made an entire system of advancement independent of drops. They called it tokens. Then, the renovated that to valor and justice points that rotate. Then, they've added new cockblocks on gear behind reputation gains. With 3 of these reputations (GL, Shado, August), they can only be accessed by dailies.

So, what you've done is now give out points to people for doing things they enjoy still (heroics, LFR, scenarios), but they are unspendable on the majority of items without running dailies, some of which are cockblocked behind one factions entire set of dailies.

My question is this: if Valor gear exists for the pve player who doesn't raid, and it was available to them for running heroics up to this very expansion, why is it not now? Why is this change good? Better yet, why in anybody's mind would this make the game better?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #65 on: November 20, 2012, 12:07:45 PM

Because it's always like this at the start of a cycle, and raiders (even LFR-raiders) get to have better gear than those who  don't. That's the philosophy and has always been.  You're only complaining now that you don't raid, it seems.

We had the same bitches about lack of 'quality' purples (which is what valor gear is about) at the start of the last 2 expansions.  When we hit the next raid step, we'll see what happens with Valor.  I don't remember their plans beyond adding in the "level up your gear" VP grind - which is coming in 5.1.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #66 on: November 20, 2012, 12:18:07 PM

What part of this are you not getting?

1 - They give you valor points
2 - Do dailies or your valor points you earned sit there in a bank
3 - Fuck you noobs

That's the answer? Really?

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: November 20, 2012, 12:42:08 PM

If you don't do dailies you still have some places to spend VP. There are I think 6 valor pieces that only required honored, which you can get for most factions just by doing the normal non-daily quests while leveling. I think you end up a few hundred rep short of honored with Shadopan unless you are a human, but you could buy or farm the peace-pipe from rare spawns to put you into honored. Those 6 pieces will take you months to afford, so it's not really true that people skipping dailies have nothing to spend their valor on.

You can also convert it to other currencies, spent it on pvp gear (which doesn't suck for pve in MoP), or cap and save it for the VP upgrade system in 5.1.

Personally the dailies did feel mandatory to me as someone who raids but I wouldn't have dealt with them otherwise. My panda shaman alt is almost 90 and I have no plans to do non-Tillers dailies on him even with the rep changes.

Run dungeons for full 463 > Run MSV LFR for upgrades > Run HoF LFR for upgrades > Run ToS LFR for upgrades. This is the easiest upgrade path for characters that aren't in a normal raid team and it doesn't involve dailies. If you want to accelerate it you can go for the honored VP pieces, but I don't know why you'd rush if you weren't doing normal raids.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #68 on: November 20, 2012, 12:45:19 PM

To "finish" a character so you can move on to the next, most likely.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #69 on: November 20, 2012, 01:08:27 PM

The biggest issue I have with that system is this. If you are going to make it tough to spend the points, just don't give them out so freely.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: It's not you, it's me.  
Jump to: