Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Disney buying Lucasfilm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney buying Lucasfilm  (Read 210591 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #980 on: July 24, 2014, 02:10:49 PM

Why would they want to separate it from clone wars?

Afaik the only thing wrong with clone wars is that it reminds people that the prequels exist. They fixed that by removing Anakin and adding TIE fighters. What can possibly go wrong?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #981 on: July 24, 2014, 02:20:23 PM

There is certain demo that the prequels are Star Wars. And it doesn't matter to them that prequels are bad. Where is business sense in Disney throwing that demo out? Doublely so when keeping it doesn't conflict with their post-RoJ movie plans.

"Me am play gods"
Wizgar
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: July 24, 2014, 10:40:04 PM

I'm certain that part of the contract with Disney was that they couldn't declare the prequels non-canon. Shame.

Oh please, Disney went out of their way to declare the Clone Wars cartoon canon, a show where Darth Maul comes back from the dead with robot legs and teams up with his long-lost brother who wields a black-bladed lightsaber. Right now that shit is canon and Mara Jade and Thrawn and all our old nerd shit is dust in the wind, because kids. Those little weirdoes fucking watch Return of the Jedi and refer to the Emperor as Darth Sidious. I've heard them do it man.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #983 on: July 24, 2014, 11:31:30 PM

The prequels are superior to the vast majority of the EU shit that has never been Canon and Disney recently declared never would be Canon.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #984 on: July 25, 2014, 08:20:57 AM

But... MANDALORIANS!!!

Hic sunt dracones.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #985 on: July 25, 2014, 08:32:15 AM

Fuck boba fett.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #986 on: July 25, 2014, 10:14:30 AM

Over and out.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #987 on: July 25, 2014, 10:26:28 AM

Same reason Skylanders are sub-branded each year, instead of released with the same packaging.  Because it's a different piece of the property and on DisneyXD and not Cartoon Network now. The distinction is made for casuals like parents and 'savvy' grandparents, not the target audience. 

That distinction can be leveraged to make sure they buy the right new merchandise.  That keeps the target engaged and happy. 

Did you never get an offbrand or wrong-brand toy instead of what you wanted and your grandparents or parents said, "What's the difference?" Lego vs Megablox or worse, Sega vs Nintendo.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #988 on: July 25, 2014, 11:03:19 AM

Much to the annoyance of Fett fans, Disney is rumoured to be trying to turn the mercenary bounty hunter into a hero for the spin-off, and is struggling to make him fit within the conventional morality of Star Wars films.

my what do we have here?

Hic sunt dracones.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #989 on: July 25, 2014, 11:11:12 AM

Classic. Now all they need to do is cast The Rock and their transformation to the dark side will be complete.

"Me am play gods"
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: July 25, 2014, 01:36:51 PM

Same reason Skylanders are sub-branded each year, instead of released with the same packaging.  Because it's a different piece of the property and on DisneyXD and not Cartoon Network now. The distinction is made for casuals like parents and 'savvy' grandparents, not the target audience. 

To be honest I think it is separate enough for that, and also close enough to bring the customer base that was happily watching the old stuff.

From the trailer it looked like a by-the-numbers sensible thing to make.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #991 on: July 25, 2014, 02:07:26 PM

Well now I'm just all kinds of lost as to why you asked the original question. I thought you were responding to my, "They want to separate it from the CGI Clone Wars,.." statement when you asked why.

Yeah, it's separate enough to avoid all that. My initial comment was a complaint from a design perspective, as the style looks odd to me. Stretched out and rounded vs. stretched and angular.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #992 on: July 25, 2014, 02:12:12 PM

I read your post as saying they didn't separate enough. But I might have half read it after a couple of beers or something.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Disney buying Lucasfilm  
Jump to: