Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:46:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Arrow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arrow  (Read 95620 times)
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 12:08:13 PM

From my perspective buffy is unwatchable boring garbage.  Being better than buffy need not be high praise.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #36 on: October 25, 2013, 01:25:37 PM

This show is crazy entertaining.

Except for the actress playing Laurel.  Good God she's horrid.

I may be extra high on this show, and I've said it before, but Blackthorne just kills it every time and makes me want Dresden back.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 26, 2013, 10:06:53 AM

This show is crazy entertaining.

Except for the actress playing Laurel.  Good God she's horrid.

I may be extra high on this show, and I've said it before, but Blackthorne just kills it every time and makes me want Dresden back.

I got bored with Smallville in Season one and am struggling with Shield but I love this show.

The sad thing about Laurel is that she's improved as an actress since the first time I saw her which was as a recurring character on Supernatural. She was terrible back then. I remember seeing her in the first episode of Season one and I literally said out loud "She must have hired an acting coach."

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 26, 2013, 09:18:00 PM

I feel like the show has taken a large step back this year.  It feels like there is someone telling them to make it more family friendly...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 26, 2013, 09:21:37 PM

The first season was rather silly.
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 27, 2013, 06:49:34 PM

Still really like this show.  I think the main character's effort not to kill people has been one of the most positive changes this season.  Not that a show needs to be bloodless to be entertaining, but him being mindful of the cost of his actions is a refreshing change.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 27, 2013, 06:52:02 PM

It's surprising how many people are complaining he's trying not to kill. 
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 27, 2013, 07:13:06 PM

It's like the people who cheer in that Captain Phillips movie when a horde of US navy battleships descend upon three pirates in a rubber Zodiac.  Some people don't want heroes, they want bullies.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #43 on: October 27, 2013, 07:16:21 PM

It's like the people who cheer in that Captain Phillips movie when a horde of US navy battleships descend upon three pirates in a rubber Zodiac.  Some people don't want heroes, they want bullies.
You might want to pick a better set of scrappy underdogs for your moral outrage.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 27, 2013, 07:17:21 PM

The episode he decides he wants to stop killing is also the episode that he brains that dude with a rock on the island.  I'm sure there is still going to be him killing, but just in the island flashbacks.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 27, 2013, 07:20:38 PM

It's surprising how many people are complaining he's trying not to kill. 

I wouldn't mind him trying not to kill indiscriminately, it pisses me off when he risks his life and whatever important thing he has to do to not kill someone who is obviously very very dangerous and trying very hard to kill him.  Like with black wolverine.  You wanna capture the nerdy murderer and send him back to prison? fine by me, but don't fucking go easy on the guy who is actually kicking your ass.

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 27, 2013, 09:36:50 PM

I think it's stupid because it's another Batman similarity in a character that's already like, 90% Batman.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 27, 2013, 10:12:23 PM

To be honest, I don't think Ollie's arch makes much sense.  If he now thinks that all the murdering he did last season in the path of vengeance (including guys that were apparently nothing more than hired help), why hasn't he surrendered to the police to face justice?

Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 27, 2013, 10:24:23 PM

You might want to pick a better set of scrappy underdogs for your moral outrage.

Kind of missing the point.  I'm not morally outraged.  I just think attacking a couple of malnourished yokels with the full might of the US navy isn't exactly a "Mission Accomplished" moment.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 27, 2013, 11:52:16 PM

To be honest, I don't think Ollie's arch makes much sense.  If he now thinks that all the murdering he did last season in the path of vengeance (including guys that were apparently nothing more than hired help), why hasn't he surrendered to the police to face justice?

I don't think he feels so bad about all the stuff he did as the Hood, that he would turn himself in and probably be put to death.  He was done with everything but was pulled back by Diggs and Felicity.  Tommy's death is really what pushed him into becoming a hero and not a vigilante.  He pretty much decided that if he's going to help Starling City he's going to do it in a way that honors his friend's death.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 27, 2013, 11:59:49 PM

I see why you're a fan of agent of shield.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 08:56:54 AM

I don't think he feels so bad about all the stuff he did as the Hood, that he would turn himself in and probably be put to death.  He was done with everything but was pulled back by Diggs and Felicity.  Tommy's death is really what pushed him into becoming a hero and not a vigilante.  He pretty much decided that if he's going to help Starling City he's going to do it in a way that honors his friend's death.

The easy in-universe answer to jgsugden's question is "Because he still feels like the city needs him"

They're not making the show family friendly like you said in an earlier post. Black Canary is proof of that. I think she is actually partially in the show to serve as a mirror for Ollie. At some point he'll probably see her murder somebody and turn to Diggle and say "That was me last year wasn't it?"

What they're trying to do is take him from a vigilante who kills indiscriminately to more of a heroic character. Tommy's death is the catalyst and while I was sorry to see that character go in some ways (also surprised as I thought they were setting him up to be a new villain ala Harry Osborne) it works well as a dramatic catalyst for events in this season.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 09:15:44 AM

Looks like I missed the second half of the first season, how the hell did that happen ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 03:41:54 PM

What, Tommy dying? From the season one finale:

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 09:20:10 AM

Finally got caught up to last week. Really like the Black Canary look. As to her identity:

Really want to see Roy wear the yellow hat.  why so serious?

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 31, 2013, 09:17:19 PM

Finally got caught up to last week. Really like the Black Canary look. As to her identity:

Wow, I just had a mental 'click' as I realized the black canary's look besides being cool is also a major hint to her ties to other factions in the show. I feel silly for not having realized that before.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 31, 2013, 09:28:08 PM

Since I don't watch the show anyway I went ahead and took a look on IMBD and noticed that Summer Glau is credited with a part.  This means the show will cancelled after this season.  why so serious?

Over and out.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 01, 2013, 01:46:19 AM

Wow, I just had a mental 'click' as I realized the black canary's look besides being cool is also a major hint to her ties to other factions in the show. I feel silly for not having realized that before.

Are you talking about China White?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 01, 2013, 03:48:58 AM

I like this season so far, only complain I have is that they have not turned down the Windows 8 product placement (enough).

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: November 01, 2013, 03:59:29 AM

Hawaii Five O was AWFUL for that.  Fucking Awful.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 01, 2013, 07:21:22 AM

Since I don't watch the show anyway I went ahead and took a look on IMBD and noticed that Summer Glau is credited with a part.  This means the show will cancelled after this season.  why so serious?
Heh.

Ii spite of that Glau curse, I think this is one of those CW shows that lingers for a decade.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: November 03, 2013, 03:40:56 PM

I watched my first episode of this show, the 1st of the second season on demand.  Pretty good.  But it had a TON of commercial breaks.  Bleargh. 
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 12:18:59 PM

How fun!

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: November 07, 2013, 10:56:18 AM

I have some problems with the show, but I was impressed with the acting by the girl playing Sarah -  she looked impressive in the action sequences and her acting wasn't the typical 'comic book' melodrama-esque acting we see in many scifi/super shows.  I am betting she is headed to the grave sometime this season, but I think she is going to break out and get a major role sometime soon.  She'd be a good Sue Storm.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:41:30 AM by jgsugden »

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: November 07, 2013, 12:07:51 PM

Caity Lotz has some weird pouty face going on that bothers me, otherwise I think she is doing well as Canary.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: November 12, 2013, 08:34:42 AM

She has a weird looking chin actually, but she is still hot and doing ok with the character.  Laurel is close to ruining this show for me though.

I am the .00000001428%
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: November 12, 2013, 09:35:55 AM

This show is now cancelled.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: November 12, 2013, 09:42:39 AM

Living up to your name, I see.   awesome, for real

Over and out.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #68 on: November 12, 2013, 10:19:42 AM

This show is now cancelled.
It's not a FOX show, though, so it still has hope.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: November 12, 2013, 03:02:48 PM

I don't know, I see a couple of foxes right there.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Arrow  
Jump to: