Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warplanes beta key giveaway 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warplanes beta key giveaway  (Read 17705 times)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 09:46:42 AM

I don't find either especially compelling (I guess flying games aren't my cup of tea) but of the two War Thunder seems grindier to me, especially if you don't spend money on it.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 10:53:35 AM

I like WT...

It's not that grindy, the lack of a premium account basically soft caps you at tier 6-7, you can get up to 8-9 if you want to grind.

6-7 is basically the perfect tier anyway if you just want to login and do some WW2 pew pew.

Great selection of early-mid war planes of every type, and fighting is more fun with the speed and climbing performance lower. Plus the planes don't have great armor yet, can still be damaged by 7.62mm rounds, less insta kills since there's few cannons around, especially no quad 20mm or 30mm cannon arrangements.
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: August 28, 2013, 08:49:51 AM

War Thunder is broken after about Tier 9. Even if you can somehow afford the planes at 10-20, the fights are all half-sized and/or crammed with bots because most of the player base is in low tiers. Because the fucking economy is broken. If they don't want people playing arcade, remove the option. Otherwise STFU and let people play the game the way they want, which includes being about to outfit a hangar of tier 10+ planes without having to literally grind for months.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 10:51:02 AM

Just FYI.
It goes live today.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 11:57:53 AM

Just FYI.
It goes live today.

Got my free planes for alpha and beta.  Not sure I'll ever use them. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 12:12:07 AM

There is like 5000 players online on eu cluster - but queue to fight is no longer than 20 secs.
We will see in a month how much WoT tankers will still flight this.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 12:00:20 AM

A streamer I watch has done a post on setting up the controls for WOWP so that they are more natural, particularly to those used to war thunder. Thought I'd pass it on

http://blackwatergaming.enjin.com/forum/m/10571542/viewthread/9534661-world-warplanes-mouse-keyboard-warthunder-control-setup

Hi I have been playing world of warplanes for a bit and one of the things that consistently comes up is the game doesn't feel natural for mouse an keyboard users. Over the last few months of beta the comparison to Warthunder's controls has seemed to dominate any discussion about World of Warplane's with the consensus being that Warthunder's set up was superior so I sought to eleaviate that factor from the equation.

With my experience in creating tunes for cars in various sims and work with Shift Unleashed 2 in getting manageable controls into the hands of the player I sought to find an exceptable solutions to the mouse an key board users delima so that they could enjoy this fantastic game :d

Without further wait lets tear into this. Upon opening the setup I was very surprised to see a robust & highly customizable setup that could be used to help any gamer bend the game to there will. As stated before this is simply my setup to aid mouse an keyboard players get the most out of this game. Gamepad an flight Sticks seem to be very intuitive an i will delve into that in another post.

link to picture: http://blackwatergaming.enjin.com/gallery/m/10571536/detail/165925#pid=1554640

This is the first setting that you get. There are 20 steps or tics in each bar. The first thing you want to set up is Mouse Sensitivity

Mouse Sensitivity: 13

This is a creature comfort setting but you want it to be somewhat sensitive for quick response an maneuverability.
The next thing that you should do is to click the Advance Mouse Settings Button. You should be looking at this screen...

Link to picture here: http://blackwatergaming.enjin.com/gallery/m/10571536/detail/165925#pid=1554641

The Settings that you see are as follow.
The Line Grid:
The simplest explanation is if you move all the bars all the way to the top the plane follows the direction of the cursor & keep going. If you put the line all the way to the bottom the plane will try and go to the exact position of the mouse an stop. What your wanting is the plane to make long sweeping moves when the cursor is moved to the extremes, but maintain fine control when aiming at a target. this is achieved by setting the first dot to the left 5 boxes down on the grid with the rest of the dots placed at the top. 5 boxes Apart as displayed in the image above.

Lock Camera: Set to Lock to Horizon
This is the single most important setting as it is necessary to be able achieve the "Warthunder" feel an being able to track your target properly. Added bonus: It shows off the excellent plan models as well as aid with maneuverability.

Mouse Settings:

Camera Inertia: 5 -This controls how fast the camera responds to direction changes 5 to 6 is the sweet spot.

Target Tracking Zone Size: 18 -This controls the size an sensitivity of the targeting circle 18 seems to be the sweet spot. You want it tight an responsive but with a little leeway for fine tuning.

Roll

Level Off Rate: 18 -This setting keeps the plane in a near state of correction, what this achieves is it acts like a counter balance to keeping the plane under control an prevent constant over correction.

Level Off Zone Size: 20 -This aids further with stabilizing the plane during maneuvering by giving a decent buffer between Control State an Level of State. Max this out.

Roll Acceleration: 6 -Set this to 5 or 6 this is simply how fast the plane rolls. rolling your plain is very important to this setup an you don't want it to be set to high as you will pitch the plane to much an spend too much time trying to compensate. This is the sweet spot for most planes.

Split S Height: 0 -This setting is not necessary. The other setting gives you most of the controls that you need. anything higher an the ai will try an over ride your controls.

Now you will have to make a few key binding`s to complete the build. The Keys are as follows:
Roll Left = A key
Roll Right= D key
Engine Boost= W key
Engine Brake= S key
Flaps = F key (select toggle option)
Sniper Mode= Right Mouse Button (select toggle option)
Free Cam= C key (select hold option)
Drop bomb= Spacebar
Fire Rockets= R key

As I make adjustments I will update. I find the game extremely enjoyable an when controls kept popping up as an issue i figured I would do my part as member of the community to add my part to making the game successful. thank you for giving the game a try an I hope that this helps some of you guys get more enjoyment out of the game.

I'm Big Rob a.k.a. The Gaming Geezer Good Luck an happy hunting!

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warplanes beta key giveaway  
Jump to: