Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:25:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Not so good news about F2P 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not so good news about F2P  (Read 151790 times)
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #385 on: December 07, 2012, 12:57:11 PM

You have at least 4 bars as a former sub.  If you can't even be assed to figure out how to open them you're just being a whiny bitch.

Bite my shiny metal ass.

Ah, cool. I thought it was part of 1.6. So rattran might just need to open up the interface editor and load the 'extended quickbars' template.

Yeah, didn't give me more than 2 hotbars last night. Maybe it was put in, but if so it's buggy.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: December 07, 2012, 04:56:45 PM

Yeah, I've heard complaints in /general that it's a bit buggy for free and preferred.  As a sub though, I'm enjoying smooth sailing.  I did buy a bunch of cartel coins.  First pack I opened was a sweet speeder bike and I sold one of them on the AH for about 350k so I'm quite happy.  Lots of credits to craft with.

I do hope they continue to add content to the game.  Would love to see new planets but that requires voice work in addition to the normal design.  Maybe they'll hold off on that for an xpac.  If there is one.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: December 07, 2012, 05:45:00 PM

Yeah, didn't give me more than 2 hotbars last night. Maybe it was put in, but if so it's buggy.

Hmm my bad if it's just being buggy.  They added them in tuesday.  I'd try creating a new UI profile.  They might just be invisible.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #388 on: December 07, 2012, 10:37:54 PM

Or perhaps I'll just play some of the other games I have and chalk it up to EA/Bioware Austin/Mythic whoever still sucking and not look back again for a while.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #389 on: December 08, 2012, 01:15:45 PM

Some of the choices they've made are just mind-boggling.  I had a hankering to play this, but couldn't because my security key was lost (2-step).  I had to call them to get it reset, which actually went smoothly.  However, the rep informed me that mobile 2-step is only available for subscribers, not f2p.  F2p have to buy a fob to get 2-step. 

Huh? 
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: December 08, 2012, 10:50:45 PM

So I read that the holostatues from the store / gambling boxes count as companions when you deploy them, enabling the use of heroic moment, legacy HM skills, and the two legacy skills that reduce damage taken + hurt the companion to heal you, even in raids - not sure about warzones. The thread's deleted by now, of course.

This is kinda  swamp poop and  DRILLING AND MANLINESS at the same time!

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: December 09, 2012, 02:46:38 PM

I used my coins to unlock a mailbox, repair droid and auction house terminal on my ship.  Applies to all characters.  Also got a few major xp bonus thingys for the sorc.  I'm leveling.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: December 09, 2012, 03:02:14 PM

Oh I didn't realize that was for all characters, have to do that.  I bought extra storage space for all my toons and bought a few cheap legacies.

My smuggler just arrived at Alderan.  I'm not in a rush to level up, really enjoying the smuggler storyline (more so than my old BH).  Got my crafting higher than my level and made Bowdaar a vibrosword that rapes faces.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: January 01, 2013, 08:03:49 PM

Today is the first time since shortly after launch I've see a server listed as Full with a que and wait time.  All the other NA servers are Very Heavy.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #394 on: January 01, 2013, 08:42:58 PM

People still off for New Year's Day.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: January 02, 2013, 02:37:41 AM

Been very heavy last few days.  I have been kicked off a fair amount as well, not sure if connected.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Not so good news about F2P  
Jump to: