Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:41:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: State of the Economy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the Economy  (Read 25933 times)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 10:54:53 AM

Cursed Shore is the 80 zone, Malchor's Leap is the 75-80 one.

Frostgorge Sound (the northern part) may actually be a better place to farm stuff (plus you actually get to complete the kill variety daily since there's more stuff there than just risen and a handful of elementals), but the mobs -may- be lower level there (80 as opposed to 81+) - not sure.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:03 AM

Yeah it is kind of obnoxious that a risen drake, risen krait, and risen human all apparently count as the same 'type' for the variety daily.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 11:23:15 AM

Go to a newbie zone and slaughter vermin.  You get your difference count quickly.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 11:51:56 AM

Cursed Shore is the 80 zone, Malchor's Leap is the 75-80 one.

Frostgorge Sound (the northern part) may actually be a better place to farm stuff (plus you actually get to complete the kill variety daily since there's more stuff there than just risen and a handful of elementals), but the mobs -may- be lower level there (80 as opposed to 81+) - not sure.

Frostgorge has that one straight-through cave filled with Grawls which is an excellent place to roll through with a bunch of AE if you're farming stuff.  I just need to up my +magicfind over 67%.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 12:12:21 PM

I just murder 81+ risen for higher tier loot, I only had a 76+ drop issue in the lower zones. I do run a magic find set when farming though.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 12:16:18 PM

I stumbled across a few +magicfind items, are they worth it at low levels (15-25ish) ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 12:18:43 PM

At low levels you pretty much just wear the highest level things you find, I don't think there's a lot of value to trying to construct a coherent stat build until 80.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 12:24:57 PM

My 120% crit build would disagree with that at level 23.

But I'm a slow leveler and to me the game is over at 80, time to play an alt.

Just kidding, I've only hit max level in TOR.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 12:29:34 PM

That crit is mostly from your traits though, not your gear. Also there's no such thing as a slow leveler in GW2. It isn't like you can do any kind of activity in the game that doesn't give you XP. All being a "slow leveler" means in GW2 is "not actually playing the game."  tongue

sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 18, 2012, 12:37:51 PM

According to: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/64827-globs-of-ecto-nerfed/

The rates on Ecto salvages were reduced AND Blacklion Kits have better percentages than Master/Mystic kits, despite what the descriptions claim.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 12:38:35 PM

Frostgorge has that one straight-through cave filled with Grawls which is an excellent place to roll through with a bunch of AE if you're farming stuff.  I just need to up my +magicfind over 67%.
Explorer's set of armor (6): + 18%
Runes of the Pirate (5): +10% + 15% + 25%
Rune of the Traveler (1): +10%

78% with just armor.  If Runes can fit on accessories, then that's another +40% for more Traveler.  Then there's a weapon or two that could be used, but I prefer other things for my Sigils.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:45:23 PM by Lantyssa »

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 18, 2012, 12:49:35 PM

I loathe LOATHE farming in any game - including this one - and magic find as a stat still makes me stabby. I was kinda enthusiastic when I got my explorer's rewards and started looking at legendary weapons.

Now a week later I'm saying "fuck that shit" and will probably be content with a suit of exotic armor (which isn't that cheap or easy to get either, btw) and an exotic weapon. Alts are more fun to play than farming at 80 (just as in GW1)

sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 18, 2012, 12:52:22 PM

Frostgorge has that one straight-through cave filled with Grawls which is an excellent place to roll through with a bunch of AE if you're farming stuff.  I just need to up my +magicfind over 67%.

78% with just armor.  If Runes can fit on accessories, then that's another +40% for more Traveler.  Then there's a weapon or two that could be used, but I prefer other things for my Sigils.

Yeah, I've got Masterwork explorer armor (minus chest and pants) and a set of opal masterwork jewelry.  I've also got the four pieces slotted with opals at the moment, but will get the runes when I can afford them.  YAR!
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 12:53:39 PM

Wouldn't that seriously hurt your dps and survivability?  I know people are using the MF stuff all over so I'm sure I'm wrong, I just don't get it.  I eat lotus fries and get 30% MF total, but I see that as a bonus, it's not really taking anything away.  Plus lotus fries give extra condition damage.  One of the omnomberry foods is 40% MF.
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:19 PM

Wouldn't that seriously hurt your dps and survivability?  I know people are using the MF stuff all over so I'm sure I'm wrong, I just don't get it.  I eat lotus fries and get 30% MF total, but I see that as a bonus, it's not really taking anything away.  Plus lotus fries give extra condition damage.  One of the omnomberry foods is 40% MF.

Omnomberry bars.  I was going to use it while salvaging yellows in the hopes that it has an effect in your ecto percentage or while dabbling in the Mystic Forge or running world events.  You can always run through a dungeon in your normal gear and just throw on your +magicfind before you open the chest.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:01:18 PM by sachiel »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #50 on: September 18, 2012, 01:16:16 PM

Looks like they have clamped down really hard on anything that made money, without telling anyone.

- There were two or three explore mode dungeons that were actually worth the time for the reward, those have been buffed to be crazy hard now.
- If you do too many of any dungeon the rewards are drastically reduced.
- There is now a cap on how many events you can run and still get rewards.
- There is now a cap on how many mobs you can kill before they stop dropping loot.
- There might have been a nerf to all salvaging.

You apparently don't need to be a bot to run into any of these caps, typical casual play will trigger them.  They really want people to buy gems.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:33:09 PM by Miasma »
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 18, 2012, 01:19:53 PM

I -have- noticed that killing really zergy DEs with my magicfind gear (yea, I built one for getting legendaries before I decided to screw farming) gets me quite a few drops in the first few waves, but after that nada except for the occasional bone. I wonder if the anti-farming code is bound to the "kill variety" code too? That'd really screw people trying to kill stuff in Orr.

e: I'm really not sure that the entire gold-to-gems thing was a good idea. I WAS able to buy two chara slots and two bank slots easily from my "income" at 80, but the really hardcore players were probably making 20-30g a day at least (without playing the AH, even), which may have caused Anet to overreact and just overnerf the faucets.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:22:05 PM by Zetor »

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 01:23:11 PM

Devs aren't talking, mods are infracting.  Most people running into it do say it happens almost immedietly in Orr because all risen are classified as being the same type.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 18, 2012, 01:43:20 PM

- There is now a cap on how many events you can run and still get rewards.

Wait, what the fuck is this crap? The whole point of the game is to run events.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 18, 2012, 04:34:55 PM

I think they mean the same event over and over.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 18, 2012, 07:30:19 PM

Okay, that's FAR more reasonable.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 02:51:48 AM

The moneysinks are crazy. While there are more tools than in other games to play the market (Tradepost), the 15% cut they take from any sale you make (10% after the sale, 5% upfront and lost even if you have to cancel the auction only to reprice the item) hurts a lot.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 19, 2012, 05:01:04 AM

I found it worthless to run with really high MF.  I tested this with Food, Explorer set, runes, etc vs just food and a couple pieces of gear with MF and I saw no difference.  The loss in survivability and DPS doesnt justify that high of MF.  Summary, use Omnom food only and dont bother with MF runes, gear etc.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 19, 2012, 07:03:22 AM

I was running around Orr with whatever greens and blues I had from leveling, some pieces still in the 60s.  I wanted to get 400 Leatherworking though, so that level 80 Rare set of Explorer's was still a pretty significant upgrade.  My exotic set will focus in other areas, but it's a long-term goal of mine to assemble.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 08:01:55 AM

They made a post saying that using the free transfers to switch servers to get ore nodes wasn't an exploit...  Anet seems kinda schizophrenic to me.  I've never done it because I assumed I'd get banned for it.  I need a mod to mark where the ore nodes spawn.

If you need money I had great success going through my collectables bank and selling everything that my professions didn't use.  Then after maxing out both to 400 I sold all the lower level mats.  You might be surprised at the value of stuff you have in there, stuff like oranges, lemons and raspberries sell well.  Copper ore currently sells for more than mithril ore...  If you only plan on keeping one or two professions sell the blue items you don't need like blood or scales.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 19, 2012, 08:09:53 AM

I sold off all my non-cooking and Jewel craft collectables and cleared two gold, probably could have made more but I just sold to the posted orders but I just didn't feel like doing the work.  Bought some jems toward the day I need another bank slot or the day they actually sell anything on the gem store that I actually feel like buying.  I banked the rest of the gold pending my next skill book and round of armor/weapon upgrades.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #61 on: September 20, 2012, 08:48:21 PM

Started doing PvP for the first time and completed my monthly.  Why in the name of all that's righteous is the reward from the daily five silver and the reward from the montly a measly seventy copper?  What the fuck.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: September 20, 2012, 11:55:03 PM

Some of us were hypothesizing (with no evidence whatsoever) that maybe for the monthly it is using your average level for the month for the rewards.    I got 40c for the monthly, so there is some variation there apparently (I was about level 62), but who knows what's really happening.

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 21, 2012, 09:53:24 AM

Started doing PvP for the first time and completed my monthly.  Why in the name of all that's righteous is the reward from the daily five silver and the reward from the montly a measly seventy copper?  What the fuck.

heh, I just went to WvW for the first time and finished mine last night too and was all wtf 72 cp? Did get 20 mystic coins so I figured that was the real reward. Got 5sp for my daily and was thinking, why even bother with the 72cp?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #64 on: September 23, 2012, 08:58:50 PM

I sold off all my non-cooking and Jewel craft collectables and cleared two gold, probably could have made more but I just sold to the posted orders but I just didn't feel like doing the work.  Bought some jems toward the day I need another bank slot or the day they actually sell anything on the gem store that I actually feel like buying.  I banked the rest of the gold pending my next skill book and round of armor/weapon upgrades.

Yeah, I kept buying gems to slot up the bags.
But I decided to kick the habit after 2 bag purchases.

I should instead buy character slots to start my imminent alt swaps.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #65 on: September 25, 2012, 02:27:09 AM

Looks to me that is cheaper to buy a second account (5 char slots and a new bank vault) than buying additional charvslots and inventory space with gems.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 25, 2012, 06:55:25 AM

Except you can buy gems with gold.  I'm probably never going to need to spend money on this game again.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: September 25, 2012, 08:12:32 AM

Except you can buy gems with gold.  I'm probably never going to need to spend money on this game again.

The gold gem exchange is crazy. And this is from someone who has bought like 30 gold worth of gems.  I'm wondering how few gems you will get for a gold in two months.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 25, 2012, 08:23:22 AM

Yeah, I probably won't ever buy gems for dollars, but I'm sure they'll get the paid expansion $ when they release one.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #69 on: September 25, 2012, 08:35:01 AM

I bought when it was 400gems for 1g. Now it's something like 250::1.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: State of the Economy  
Jump to: