Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:08:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 121 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 938105 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4025 on: December 06, 2020, 11:23:47 AM

somebody was like 'i like when you play star citizen and give updates, you should do that more' and i said 'sure, but i also don't like giving chris roberts money'

Take a break, go review Cuck.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4026 on: December 09, 2020, 11:23:12 AM

That's how I feel when I'm talking to some of the kids in the art scene about the Rodney King riots and realize to them it would be like some old timer talking to me about the old Watts riots.

Which means it's probably about time for another Watts riot?

And I'm "catching up" on this thread, reading 2+ year-old posts since I last did.

I think the riots caught up this year.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4027 on: December 12, 2020, 12:48:22 AM

playin this here game when its b's turn to use the monster rig compy

what's today's fun? the hangars refuse to deliver me more than a third of my ship. i have to try to fly the parts i get delivered

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4028 on: December 12, 2020, 03:32:15 AM

Well without the cargo hatch, maybe it is safer?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #4029 on: December 12, 2020, 12:07:47 PM

You've got to admire the sophistication of the emergent gameplay that results from a realistic simulation that monitors the heat generated by the friction of your suit against the fuel lines as you're spinning madly inside the airframe to the point that the fuel catches fire.  lrn2play nub   why so serious?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4030 on: December 12, 2020, 01:20:08 PM

Cosplay Wonder Woman?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4031 on: December 22, 2020, 07:33:49 AM

First post in months and its about star citizen. Help me.

So I was looking at something on Newsweek and as I clicked off the page I beheld the words "Star Citizen" leaping off the page like some damned Siren singing and promising sexxx with some fat guy in a Khasakstan scam center who is running 10 guys in different windows.

Naturally I could not resist so I gave newsweek the extra click.

https://www.newsweek.com/star-citizen-assault-stanton-live-event-start-idris-battle-1556629

Newsgeek
'Star Citizen' Assault on Stanton Live Event Starts Soon With Idris Battle
By Christopher Groux On 12/22/20 at 8:44 AM EST

Star Citizen has a major live event in the works, and it's starting over the next few days. Dubbed the Assault on Stanton, players will seemingly work together to fight against a fleet of some of the game's most powerful Capital Ships.

Have you ever wondered what it might be like to go toe to toe with an Idris? You'll soon get your chance. The event was announced via a short teaser trailer debuted on the game's social media channel's on Monday afternoon.

Following the launch of the Alpha 3.12 Assault on Stanton update, player-controlled fleets will soon take aim at an intergalactic terrorist organization called the XenoThreat. The group has most of the game's most powerful spacecraft lined up and ready to wage war on the Stanton System that millions of pilots in the Persistent Universe call home.
Newsweek subscription offers >

However, unlike the live events popularized by games like Fortnite, Star Citizen's take on the concept will roll out in phases over several days, with the first step beginning sometime this week.

And, in true Star Citizen fashion, it's not entirely clear just how long the rollout of these phases will actually take. In essence, the trajectory of the event depends on the type of in-game offensive players are able to mount. Should the heaviest of firepower come in quickly, it's possible the event could end somewhat rapidly, while a less formidable force might mean a more protracted war is required.

'Star Citizen's first big live event starts soon. A fleet of the game's toughest ships is about to descend on Stanton. 'Star Citizen' is in development on PC. Cloud Imperium Games

Regardless of how long the fight takes, the Assault on Stanton event is perhaps the most developed version of the kind of action Star Citizen's creators at Cloud Imperium Games have promised over the last decade of active tool designing and technology building.

For the first time, the game's Persistent Universe will feature large-scale encounters against powerful AI foes. Especially for the project's millions-strong backers, hopefully this high-profile test is just the beginning of a much larger showcase of AI-controlled ships and in-game storylines. To access the event, all players need to do is log in and check out the latest update from the Civilian Defense Force.

The Assault on Stanton event arrives shortly after the deployment of Star Citizen's Alpha 3.12 update. The feature-rich download offers the first version of a reputation system, new gas cloud locations and additional ships like the Esperia Talon and Esperia Talon Strike variant. While larger additions like the highly anticipated Pyro system wait in the wings, many of the features listed in update 3.12 prepare players for entering the pirate-dominated territory.

Star Citizen is in development on PC.

What are your thoughts on Star Citizen's Assault on Stanton live event? Will it be enough to prove the game's army of skeptics wrong? Tell us in the comments section!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0yUMRrWwyA <-- Trailer

There's some pretty pictures in the article.

Wow. Thanks for doing stuff Eve and Star Trek Online were doing a decade ago.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4032 on: December 22, 2020, 09:32:36 AM

the kind of action Star Citizen's creators at Cloud Imperium Games have promised over the last decade of active tool designing and technology building

Cloud Imperium Games have promised over the last decade of active tool designing and

over the last decade

decade
why so serious?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4033 on: December 22, 2020, 12:54:40 PM

Have you ever wondered what it might be like to go toe to toe with an Idris?

Literally nobody who isn't already an extremely invested SC fan has ever wondered this.

I 'follow' the game and I have zero idea what an Idris is, or even that something called an Idris existed before now.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4034 on: December 22, 2020, 01:53:16 PM

I was like...Elba?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4035 on: December 22, 2020, 03:59:01 PM

Idris Elba would kick my Irish ass, and I don't mind admitting it.

Haven't a clue what the SC version is, and don't care much.

Hic sunt dracones.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4036 on: December 22, 2020, 05:01:16 PM

The Idris is one of the capital ships they sold for $1000+ (think at least one version was $1500 or something) and still isn't available for people to actually use themselves years later.

Anyhow, this event has been delayed until the beginning of the year. Hope everyone has been practicing their "shocked" faces.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4037 on: December 22, 2020, 08:44:35 PM

There was some shit on Reddit about a trial run of this where the ship in question got stuck clipped inside a space station for the last third of the battle so it was just everybody shooting it while it helplessly squirmed inside the station.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4038 on: December 23, 2020, 05:20:10 AM

The irony of fleecing people for $1000-1500 for a video game ship...and then using it to kill them while not letting them have access to it themselves...

That's next level sadism, I'm impressed.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4039 on: January 13, 2021, 12:58:48 PM

Looked at the Star Citizen Reddit today as I was bored. Saw this

Some general tips that can improve your SC experience and make it less frustrating. Most applies across patches.

This is a game with over 100 Million dollars and half a decade in development.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 01:50:27 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4040 on: January 13, 2021, 02:13:25 PM

That's some real Happy Fun Ball energy there.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4041 on: January 13, 2021, 02:15:03 PM

A lot of these really read like the fake, April Fools Patch Notes a lot of games put out. And people keep giving these guys money.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4042 on: January 14, 2021, 03:18:07 AM

This is a game with over 100 Million dollars and half a decade in development.

Well over 100M. More like 300 Million dollars.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4043 on: January 15, 2021, 10:54:25 AM

A lot of these really read like the fake, April Fools Patch Notes a lot of games put out. And people keep giving these guys money.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #4044 on: January 15, 2021, 04:25:56 PM

I was one of those nutjobs that enjoyed Wildstar. Right until I realised how out of touch the devs really were.

At least it released unlike this trainwreck.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4045 on: January 27, 2021, 08:19:26 AM

At present, the game exists as a single system you can play in, Stanton.

Stanton has a set of major locations: the Microtech corporation planet, the ArcCorp corporation planet, the Hurston corporation planet, the gas giant Crusader which is intended to eventually have the Crusader Industries levitating platforms in its atmosphere but which is currently not interfaceable and has Port Olivar as a stand-in planetary base. Then on top of that, they have the independent miners' planetary base Delamar, and an asteroid pirate cove called Grim Hex. The rest of it is minor stations and moon bases, but those six locations are the fully fleshed out ports-of-call and basically are the whole game world.

It may be a bit unreasonable, one might say, to have a grand total of six major locations, eight to nine years into the start of development, and one of which is a stand-in barebones station. Which means that there's really only five major locations!

Never fear, however! there is a big change coming in an upcoming patch:

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #4046 on: January 27, 2021, 09:38:32 AM

I'm pretty sure the attunement for Hyjal in Burning Crusade was a lot worse than that Wildstar thing.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #4047 on: January 27, 2021, 11:37:17 AM

I'm pretty sure the attunement for Hyjal in Burning Crusade was a lot worse than that Wildstar thing.

I have to disagree. Wildstar went in there trying to appeal to "hardcore" gamers... and then managed to piss them off as well as the rest of us filthy casuals.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #4048 on: January 27, 2021, 11:42:45 AM

I have to disagree. Wildstar went in there trying to appeal to "hardcore" gamers... and then managed to piss them off as well as the rest of us filthy casuals.

"Guys, it's just not hardcore enough.  We have to make harder for the players.  They will love it!"

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4049 on: January 30, 2021, 01:08:31 AM

"Guys, it's just not hardcore enough.  We have to make harder for the players.  They will love it!"

Wildstar is the MMO that most disappointed me. Ever. The little trailers were so damned fun and it looked like it'd have a ton of personality and be a blast to play. I think I played it for like...2 weeks and that only because decorating my rocket ship house was sort of fun. Very early on it just turned into an annoying grind and everyone I played with quit more or less before me or at about the same time. It just wasn't fun.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4050 on: January 31, 2021, 08:08:51 AM

The thing that killed me with Wildstar was the combat. It wasn't the rhythmic, relaxing tab-target system of WoW where you could mostly be on autopilot while grinding, but it wasn't fun, actiony combat like TERA or whatever other KMMOs might have existed at the time (it's been so long). It felt like the worst of both worlds, and made me realize I don't really hate tab-target combat as long as the other systems in the game are fun.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4051 on: February 27, 2021, 06:26:32 AM

so here's a spontaneous followup: I played this game pretty thoroughly, inside and out, for the better part of a month. Tried the ships, explored the full extent of the system, engaged in all the different available forms of gameplay. cashed out the WHOLE experience in that time. I had done ground combat, merc missions, bounty hunting, trading, search and rescue, basically all there was to do. Collected clothing sets and all that. That's it, about 20 days or so, did everything there was. Everything they accomplished in a decade. Basically done by the end of last year.

I have since been on standby, waiting for them to drop a new release with ... anything. Remember that this game has critical core functionality issues and most of the cornerstone elements of the FOCUS of the game, spaceship combat and flying, do not work or have depressingly hollow stand-in functionality. There's a laundry list of things that have incredibly vital needs unaddressed that the developers have to shore up. It's coming up on march. So! What have our brane genoiuses been up to in star citizen? what has cloud imperium decided needed to be addressed and extended? why of course it was to

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4052 on: February 27, 2021, 07:29:24 AM

Is that Planet Cancun?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4053 on: February 27, 2021, 09:06:32 AM

That sounds like exactly what I wanted in my space combat simulator - humping cargo on a goddamn space dolly from the cargo bay to the warehouse.

... the fuck is wrong with these dinks?

schild
Administrator

Reply #4054 on: February 27, 2021, 09:40:36 AM

they have ship duplication bugs

lol
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4055 on: February 27, 2021, 10:28:24 AM

The important thing is - can you hide inside the Cargo for immersive Piracy action?

Hic sunt dracones.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4056 on: February 27, 2021, 11:08:54 AM

The important thing is - can you hide inside the Cargo for immersive Piracy action?

Did you not see his video of hiding in the cargo hold?  It wasn't super Piratey, but it was hilarious.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4057 on: February 27, 2021, 11:30:05 AM

lol

You mean the ships that cost actual money? holy shits... LULZ

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4058 on: February 28, 2021, 04:14:17 AM

what.

Some of those ships cost 1000's of dollars. I need details.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
schild
Administrator

Reply #4059 on: February 28, 2021, 06:39:25 AM

It's the last line on Sir Ts image above. That you have to do a character reset to fix ship duplication issues. Which implies the existence of a dupe.

Also none of you need details, who gives a shit, there's no game it's just a con.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 121 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: