Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 121 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 938010 times)
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #3780 on: June 16, 2018, 10:53:21 AM

Eh, I gotta say, after bothering to look at the pictures, that that sort of front fork design is hardly original to either modeler. More likely they both just copied the same sort of general sci-fi-ish forklift looking design.

But EVE doesn't seem to want to make an actual legal case out of it anyway, and good for them on that. They were just ribbing.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3781 on: June 17, 2018, 01:14:12 AM

Yeah, I know I’ve seen that ship design in multiple Sci-if things before either Eve or Star Citizen.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #3782 on: June 18, 2018, 09:54:55 PM

So many sci-fi ships are just remolded or dumbed down Chip Foss drawings that it is kinda pointless to argue about any of it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #3783 on: June 19, 2018, 09:11:27 AM

So many sci-fi ships are just remolded or dumbed down Chip Foss drawings that it is kinda pointless to argue about any of it.

I think you mean Chris Foss -- or is he known as "Chip" in some circles?

But honestly even his stuff can be rather derivative -- his WWII influence can be rather pronounced.

In any case, there has been a *lot* of spacecraft art over the decades, very little of it more than variations of some already existent theme.

I would say that the primary Star Trek ships had distinctively original art designs, to note an exception.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3784 on: June 23, 2018, 10:46:56 PM

Ya, Chris. I get him jumbled with with Chip Foose, the car designer.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3785 on: June 25, 2018, 09:52:21 AM

this is my nonpolitical version of 'this can't just keep carrying on, can it?' then it does
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3786 on: June 26, 2018, 01:23:11 PM

Has this game actually shown anything recently? I haven't followed this game at all in years except this thread.

By recently I mean over the last year or so.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3787 on: June 29, 2018, 11:47:54 AM

they rolled out a really fancy new ship purchase screen on their web and mobile client
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3788 on: June 29, 2018, 02:30:52 PM

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3789 on: July 19, 2018, 02:48:27 PM

Do you want to hear Serek Dmart rant for one full hour about Star Citizen and his lawsuit?

I am sure you don't.

schild
Administrator

Reply #3790 on: July 19, 2018, 02:50:14 PM

that may as well be a rickroll
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3791 on: July 20, 2018, 06:52:22 AM

Pretty sure I played that game, its called Space Engineers.  swamp poop

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3792 on: July 20, 2018, 12:27:47 PM

Do you want to hear Serek Dmart rant for one full hour about Star Citizen and his lawsuit?

I don't know. Is there a guy with a hammer that can beat my testicles for an hour instead?

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3793 on: July 20, 2018, 02:28:56 PM

I tried to at least watch some of it, but the thought of watching an hour of badly done Poseur models wobble around the deck of a starsihp with their knees distended listening to video games' most self-righteous cunt speak was more than I could take.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3794 on: July 20, 2018, 07:18:36 PM

I tried to at least watch some of it, but the thought of watching an hour of badly done Poseur models wobble around the deck of a starsihp with their knees distended listening to video games' most self-righteous cunt speak was more than I could take.

Still better than Twilight.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3795 on: July 24, 2018, 09:06:34 AM

2012: Chris Roberts wants to get out of making bad movies and get into making bad cutscenes with [insert dramatic gesticulations here] mocap. Part of this involves asking the internet if it wants him to make a game to put the mocap in. The internet has recently discovered being asked for money in exchange for being assured the money will be spent, and everyone is really excited for how this will go really great always. "Make the game, Chris." says the internet.

2013: To help finance his baroque masterpiece of thrillingly direct, definitely creative character setpieces like cocksure_grizzled_veteran_03 and ambitious_tomboy_mechanic_07, Chris throws together a charming innocent little package to get an extra lil' ship at launch for just a few more bucks, oh it's just a wee little ship at such a pittance, oh we were but sweet summer children, but innocent little naive babes

2014: Chris is pretty excited at getting two million dollars. However he does not know that he is Lelouch Lamperouge and his Geass has just activated. He jokingly says to his fans, "well now I have to deliver an okay game. It's not like I can just look at you and say 'always buy spaceship jpegs for thousands of dollars until you are broke and rightfully divorced' ha ha"

2015: Chris was not actually Lelouch Lamperouge, the internet is just a miasma of terrible manchildren with disposable income. Everyone is buying jpegs. No one will not buy jpegs. Chris wisely invests this in the industrial-strength production of monthly jpeg package deals. The same fucking idiots who think things like "surely all this Trump shit can't just keep happening as insanely as this, surely something will break" spend years thinking this definitely can't keep happening until Star Citizen has 250 million dollars.

2016: You awake in a hospital bed and are told by a nurse that it's 2016 and you've been in a coma for four years. "Oh boy I can't wait to 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗒 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗋𝖾𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝗀𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋 𝖼𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗓𝖾𝗇" says your meme text.

2017: The Allchris hungers. Each new jpeg is now a pyramid scheme in and of itself, sold at exorbitant rates with promises of magnificent, world-spanning new mechanics that is each, individually, a full feature game release nested inside the larger Star Citizen. Each jpeg is actually paying off the initial work on the previous month's promised new mechanics.

2018: Star Citizen's scope creep is now so concentrated that it covers the earth in tangible form. Several zerg buildings have been placed on it, and the head of a Nydus canal bursts through earth's crust to deposit the glistening, naked form of Serek Dmart upon the ground. Immediately upon being birthed the Smart has complaints that a scam never-released-game is still better and more important than any of his own properties.

2019: Star Citizen is now the sole employer of all humankind. Jpeg packages are costly, but each one comes with a certain duration of guaranteed nutrient paste.

2020: Star Citizen

2021: Earth is now a tomb world with a cheeky Anomaly for your stellaris spacefaring empire to research, relating to how the civilization spontaneously super duper ended, crushed to death under pictures of spaceships endlessly generated by towering autofactories.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3796 on: July 24, 2018, 12:05:06 PM

Le brilliant.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3797 on: July 24, 2018, 12:33:50 PM

Star Citizen
patience
Terracotta Army

Reply #3798 on: July 27, 2018, 11:59:26 AM

But in 2020 Heir Trump declares himself to be the God Emperor and prevents Horus Roberts from turning earth into a tomb world.

OP is assuming its somewhat of a design-goal of eve to make players happy.
this is however not the case.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3799 on: July 28, 2018, 11:05:04 PM

I love it every time I find a tomb world anomaly in Stellaris.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
patience
Terracotta Army

Reply #3800 on: August 06, 2018, 08:15:06 AM

Welp the mask is slipping.

Quote on the matter by Chris Roberts(2013):

4) NO Pay2Win - You should never be able to buy anything with real money that you can't buy in with in game credits. Once fully live SC in-game items will only be purchasable with in-game credits. There will even be some items you can ONLY earn by playing / flying missions. All you will be able to spend money on that is gameplay related would be buying some in-game credits as you don't want or don't have enough time to earn the credits you need for your contemplated purchase. We'll cap purchase of in-game credits to avoid someone unbalancing the game / economy.

This was a big sticking point among confirmed backers. Multiple threats revolved around that selling ships was ok because they were at or below cost. Star Citizen wasn't truly pay to win with the ability to buy in game currency being capped.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/93c6z2/psa_there_is_no_longer_a_cap_for_maximum_amount/

I strongly suspect this cap was removed because the sale of ships has slowed down too much and they need to focus on their whales even more.

It looks like highly likely Star Citizen won't run out of money by the end of 2019 as I estimated. Too bad we won't know what their daily income will be but how much longer do they intend to keep on going? If this isn't gold by 2021 I wonder how angry the poorer backers will get.

OP is assuming its somewhat of a design-goal of eve to make players happy.
this is however not the case.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3801 on: August 06, 2018, 09:51:22 AM

Too bad we won't know what their daily income will be but how much longer do they intend to keep on going?

Until people stop giving them money or the FTC shuts them down for fraud.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3802 on: August 06, 2018, 10:05:57 AM

Welp the mask is slipping.

Quote on the matter by Chris Roberts(2013):

4) NO Pay2Win - You should never be able to buy anything with real money that you can't buy in with in game credits. Once fully live SC in-game items will only be purchasable with in-game credits. There will even be some items you can ONLY earn by playing / flying missions. All you will be able to spend money on that is gameplay related would be buying some in-game credits as you don't want or don't have enough time to earn the credits you need for your contemplated purchase. We'll cap purchase of in-game credits to avoid someone unbalancing the game / economy.

This was a big sticking point among confirmed backers. Multiple threats revolved around that selling ships was ok because they were at or below cost. Star Citizen wasn't truly pay to win with the ability to buy in game currency being capped.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/93c6z2/psa_there_is_no_longer_a_cap_for_maximum_amount/

I strongly suspect this cap was removed because the sale of ships has slowed down too much and they need to focus on their whales even more.

It looks like highly likely Star Citizen won't run out of money by the end of 2019 as I estimated. Too bad we won't know what their daily income will be but how much longer do they intend to keep on going? If this isn't gold by 2021 I wonder how angry the poorer backers will get.

Hey, back off hater!  How can anyone say this game is p2w when...there's no game. Ohhhhh, I see.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3803 on: August 06, 2018, 11:34:58 AM

Sounds like a great start to a defense in court.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #3804 on: August 06, 2018, 03:44:30 PM

Not really sure why this is an issue.  I mean, players starting with the Death Star is cool, but starting with the Death Star and a thousand spacebucks in their pocket is going to unbalance things?  Come on.  The economy for this game was irreversibly fucked ages ago.  What do they think spacemoney is going to be used to buy, aside from space ships that you can already buy for real money with no restrictions?
schild
Administrator

Reply #3805 on: August 06, 2018, 05:43:57 PM

"game"

Any time you talk about this racket, put quotes around it.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #3806 on: August 07, 2018, 04:16:29 PM

Hey, back off hater!  How can anyone say this game is p2w when...there's no game. Ohhhhh, I see.

It's pay to wait, so technically p2w.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3807 on: August 10, 2018, 07:11:57 PM

Just for the fun of it I went back to the start of the thread.  We are closing on on the 6 year anniversary of the beginning. 

Holy hell, I can't believe this has gone on this long with no real game produced and the suckers still paying in.  Incredible.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3808 on: August 10, 2018, 07:27:48 PM

I can

Since you read the whole thing, was there ever a time where I didn't think this was crap for suckers?
schild
Administrator

Reply #3809 on: August 10, 2018, 07:33:59 PM

Yep, totally thought it was garbo from the word go

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=22591.280

Hex is literally going to be birthed and shut down before this piece of shit launches

In other news I think this thread is why bloodworth left f13
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #3810 on: August 11, 2018, 09:19:13 AM

I thought he left over a slapfight in the Mechwarrior thread?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3811 on: August 11, 2018, 12:37:43 PM

Is it bad that I didn't notice he was gone?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3812 on: August 11, 2018, 12:40:14 PM

It was definitely about Star Citizen. He went full Scientoology over it.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3813 on: August 11, 2018, 09:36:51 PM

Awwww, he was our own version of Jimmy Two Times.

-H.L. Mencken
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3814 on: August 11, 2018, 11:25:14 PM

In other news I think this thread is why bloodworth left f13

Which is bad but I don't think it quite beats WUA's breaking point being a thread about the Battleship movie.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 121 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: