Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2018, 01:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 341717 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #3850 on: September 06, 2018, 10:41:34 AM

You can live like a king in Slovakia for that  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Who the hell taught you how to write? Fuck, that sentence is like internet transmitted face-attacking knives. Jesus. schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #3851 on: September 06, 2018, 10:41:46 AM

Yes, I mean, I make that joke comment above not actually working in the industry.  If it was just me now as a general computer tech/person getting a job offer to do whatever from them, sure, lets burn shit down together.  If I actually had a career in game development and cared about continuing to have a career in game development, then things would be different.

Edit:  Also, Slovakia is pretty damn nice.  There are far worst places to not be paid for work.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3852 on: September 06, 2018, 12:05:44 PM

I imagine a lot of the individual employees find the work fulfilling.  There are teams of artists and developers that spend all their time making really cool spaceships and an expansive universe to fly them around in.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3853 on: September 06, 2018, 02:24:08 PM

Slovakia is indeed nice and they have real money.  Unlike Hungary, which is only nice. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3854 on: September 06, 2018, 04:42:33 PM

Slovakia is indeed nice and they have real money.  Unlike Hungary, which is only nice. Ohhhhh, I see.
Them's fighting words...

... Hungary is not 'nice' by any definition.  awesome, for real

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #3855 on: September 06, 2018, 11:08:38 PM

The number of people who will find themselves unemployable after working on a shit/unreleased game is very small. if you're a random codemonkey or an animator, or a 3d artist or a content designer or whatever, you'll be fine because everyone understands that the game you worked on didn't fail because the animations were bad or because the asset batcher was a bit clunky. The worst that happens is that you end up like me, not having worked on a game that actually released since 2015. You go to an interview and people ask about your recent projects and you have to say, "well they were cancelled so I can't tell you too much about them."

I turned down CIG because I'd have been a small part of a big machine. After leading my own project at Wargaming, I didn't want to go back to that, and Perihelion offered me a more senior role with a lot more creative control over the direction of the project.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3856 on: September 07, 2018, 12:16:27 AM

There are times when morality should supercede desire to work in gaming.

Chances are high Star Citizen never releases in the form promised. With the money they have and time they've spent, they should have released five AAA(AAAAAA) games by now.

I am intimately familiar with doing a job to put food on the table, but being party to one of the most absurd (incredibly likely) scams in the history of gaming is a bridge too far. I would take a job on Duke Nukem Forever 2 before Star Citizen.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #3857 on: September 07, 2018, 03:35:05 AM

On the flip side, it feels morally correct to do anything that transfers wealth away from Christ Roberts (to myself).   why so serious?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3858 on: September 07, 2018, 09:09:51 AM

Morals only ever kept me from succeeding.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3859 on: September 07, 2018, 10:05:06 AM

without morals i'd be a right wing demigod and they'd be building statues of me

like if you're gonna do something morally bankrupt, go all the way
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3860 on: September 07, 2018, 02:28:06 PM

I do have them, but not an excess, which explains my mediocre success.

Whether I'd work on this game or not would depend very much on the money and total compensation, but I'm really happy with how IBM is treating me so it would have to be a LOT of money.

Though it seems like I could get a job for Roberts and just phone it in part time for a month or three.

justdave
Terracotta Army

Reply #3861 on: September 07, 2018, 11:06:28 PM

Or at least five years, by the looks of things.

"They started to resist with a crust that was welded with human brain and willpower."
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: