Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 121 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 959550 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2380 on: July 13, 2015, 03:07:05 AM

There's a reason Serek Dmart weighed into all this--Star Citizen is making almost the same promises he made for his Battlecruiser dingus, only that really was just him and some guys, with nowhere near the resources. We all thought it was funny then because of the hubris and self-deception involved, but at least he wasn't combining his folly with ruining people's lives.

Will no one think of those poor poor soda machines?

Apparently that never happened.  Because he said so.   why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2381 on: July 13, 2015, 10:20:26 AM

I just read five pages of Mr. Smart's posts on SA, and then he posted their outdated Database of ships as his DB of people wanting refunds.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/620534453115359232

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2382 on: July 13, 2015, 10:55:10 AM

What is his angle here? Why does he care so much? I don't want him to stop though.  Popcorn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2383 on: July 13, 2015, 11:01:33 AM

I assume he is bitter about how much money and attention Chris Roberts is getting.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #2384 on: July 13, 2015, 11:03:00 AM

That's literally all it is. Chris is making all the promises Derek would have made, except Chris is getting paid on them while Derek yells at the sky in Arizona because he didn't invent meth or something.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #2385 on: July 13, 2015, 11:38:48 AM

Roberts is getting away with it because of Wing Commander.

Fmart is associated with BattleCruiser.

This is why one is getting millions in crowdfunding, and one is on the outside, peering in, tapping on the windowpane.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2386 on: July 13, 2015, 11:49:57 AM

Well, sure, but you try explaining the difference to Doctor Nutbag.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #2387 on: July 13, 2015, 11:56:19 AM

He didn't go to 8 years of You'll Still Be an Unemployable Piece of Shit University to not be called Doctor Nutbag.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2388 on: July 13, 2015, 11:58:55 AM

The hilarious part of it is that Dmart is getting THIS close to saying, "Nobody should give those guys money because it's stupid to have this kind of hubristic, crazy ambitions, stupid to allow feature creep, stupid to try and put together three or four fundamentally different kinds & scales of gaming experience, stupid to prey on the innocent desire of some gamers to have a game that does everything". But if he says it like that, he is more or less confessing to everything bad people ever said about Battlecruiser and its tortured development history. So he's trying to find a way to say that without having to really SAY it.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2389 on: July 13, 2015, 12:09:11 PM

Bullshit. He is not that self-aware.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2390 on: July 13, 2015, 01:47:05 PM

Aspergers vs schadenfreude?

schild
Administrator

Reply #2391 on: July 13, 2015, 02:22:15 PM

Aspergers vs schadenfreude?
I mean, that should probably be the name of his math-centric parody Eagles cover band.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2392 on: July 13, 2015, 04:39:14 PM

This is magical....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEuY6-UM8VI

Even coke machines know I'm right in the end.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2393 on: July 13, 2015, 05:05:46 PM

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2394 on: July 13, 2015, 05:31:21 PM

This is magical....

It is rare that I get a laugh as good as I got from that.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2395 on: July 13, 2015, 05:41:38 PM

This is magical....

OH wow, that's quality snark!  So what's the story with the coke machine?
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2396 on: July 13, 2015, 05:49:38 PM

Notes from the Comic-Con panel:

http://imperialnews.network/2015/07/sdcc-star-citizen-panel-notes/

(here are some taken from the link)

– Multicrew demonstration at GamesCom along with Large World – show a mindboggling big map in which it would take you about 2 hours just to fly between these two moons in the map at normal speed.  All one map and multiple multicrew ships and show a whole bunch of stuff at Gamescom.

Squadron 42 is the gateway or entry point into the universe.  GamesCom and CitizenCon (October 10th) will have some announcements and discussion about Squadron 42.

– Squadron 42 is not tacked on, it is a full game in its own right.  Squadron 42 performance capture shoot was 4 months.  Script is 670 pages not included rewrites.  Bigger than any Wing Commander game.  Shot for 66 days, much longer than any movie that Chris shot.  Squadron 42 is, by itself, equivalent to any big AAA $60 game.

-  PU Alpha will probably start with one system with multiple landing locations (Stanton) and then expand to 5 systems (Nyx, Terra, Stanton, Helios, Magnus).

Wing Commander based on WWII.  Star Citizen based on the decline and fall of Rome.

– Vanduul – they’re analogous to the Visigoths – pushing in from the western side of the UEE.

– Banu are on the southern side of the UEE, not antagonistic.  Merchants and traders.  Analogous to North Africa and Middle East in Roman times.

– Xi’An are on the eastern side of the UEE.  They are analogous to the Persian Empire or the Chinese.  Very old, been around for 10,000 years.  Cold standoff between the Xi’An and UEE.  Trade and do business together but don’t trust each other.  Similar to China and the US present day.

– Terra: Up and coming rising socioeconomic power. If Earth is Rome then Terra is Constantinople.

– Earth is the old guard.  Terra is viewed as new and progressive.

– Terra and Earth have some tensions.  These tensions will play out over the course of the PU.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2397 on: July 13, 2015, 06:27:06 PM

They're calling it PU?

Wow, that stinks.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2398 on: July 13, 2015, 06:37:56 PM

This is magical....

OH wow, that's quality snark!  So what's the story with the coke machine?

As the legend goes, he got super pissed for some reason or other and took out his frustrations by unmercifully beating up a defenseless Coke vending machine.  True story...or not.  Who cares?  It's Serek Dmart.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2399 on: July 13, 2015, 07:25:41 PM

This is magical....

Greatest song line ever.  ROFL

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #2400 on: July 13, 2015, 07:47:07 PM

– Terra: Up and coming rising socioeconomic power. If Earth is Rome then Terra is Constantinople.

– Earth is the old guard.  Terra is viewed as new and progressive.

– Terra and Earth have some tensions.  These tensions will play out over the course of the PU.

Terra
Earth
Not being the same thing
And having "tension" with each other.
Istanbul having tensions with Constantinople

Everything about anything involving story or background will be terrible, wanky shit. It will be shit quality writing and creativity past needing to cringe. Reading one paragraph of anything involving this shit will make you wish that they had paid some hack like RA Salvatore millions to right something else.

Most science fiction is shit. Gaming science fiction is even worse. This though... this is going to be two girls / one cup levels of shit.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #2401 on: July 13, 2015, 08:48:25 PM

Notes from the Comic-Con panel:

http://imperialnews.network/2015/07/sdcc-star-citizen-panel-notes/

(here are some taken from the link)

– Banu are on the southern side of the UEE, not antagonistic.  Merchants and traders.  Analogous to North Africa and Middle East in Roman times.
Non antagonistic "equivalent of North Africa in Roman times"? That makes zero sense, or I guess someone haven't heard of the Punic Wars?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2402 on: July 13, 2015, 10:45:10 PM

Hold onto your butts people, part 2 drops tomorrow now that it has 'cleared legal'.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2403 on: July 13, 2015, 11:57:22 PM

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2404 on: July 14, 2015, 12:26:01 AM

Nobody is going to march a doctor with a fake degree, into court, get him under deposition to testify for their side.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

This while burnishing his credibility as an expert.  

He's right about all the substance but is such a colossal, un-self aware jackass that it's tough to take seriously.

EDIT: Ha, CIG just sending him a refund is a classic lawyer move to undercut standing to file anything.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:49:26 AM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2405 on: July 14, 2015, 04:33:41 AM

Good grief. If the Dark one would just quit shoving his perfectly formed ass into your face with his writing I'd pretty much agree with everything he wrote and then some.

Hic sunt dracones.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2406 on: July 14, 2015, 04:48:09 AM

He uses every form of the first person pronoun more often than any writer I've ever read.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2407 on: July 14, 2015, 05:25:32 AM

This douchebag reminds me of those endless and rambling posts Richard Hoagland and his associates used to post on enterprisemission.com . Fun times.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2408 on: July 14, 2015, 06:33:52 AM

What is his angle here? Why does he care so much? I don't want him to stop though.  Popcorn

Here's the answer to that from his (Serek Dmart) latest accusation letter.

My stake in this, is very simple, and to the point. I wanted to see an accessible, and visually spectacular game, like this, made. Going into four years now, this has not happened. And a good portion of the 900K people who have put money toward that dream, don’t seem to have a voice.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2409 on: July 14, 2015, 06:47:48 AM

I liked this quote:

Though there is nothing illegal about hiring people, even from the competition, you still have to consider the moral implications of hiring away the staff from partners who have been helping you make your dream a reality. If that isn’t the ultimate back stab, I don’t know what is.

Business is about morals!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2410 on: July 14, 2015, 06:53:00 AM

Shit just got serious  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2411 on: July 14, 2015, 07:12:28 AM

Shit just got serious  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Seriously, this reminds me of a Key and Peele skit. Shit is THAT serious.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:28:06 AM by Falconeer »

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2412 on: July 14, 2015, 07:22:20 AM

I love everything about this.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2413 on: July 14, 2015, 07:27:44 AM

Do have any first hand accounts for people's life being ruined by spending too much money on vapor ships yet?

"Me am play gods"
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2414 on: July 14, 2015, 07:38:36 AM

Yup, there was on in this very thread.  I don't feel like going and finding it now.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 121 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: