Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Update 1.4 - Patch Notes 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update 1.4 - Patch Notes  (Read 33137 times)
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 09:26:49 AM

Almost all of the servers that were targets for merges have a ton of people playing in them. Shadowlands' fleets (both Empire and Republic) tend to have 300-400 people on during prime time, Dromund Kaas and Coruscant tend to have 140+ on, and most other planets tend to have 50-60+ at any given time.

I think there may be a couple of destination servers that got less overall servers shifted to them and thus don't have quite the same amount of activity.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 12:30:47 PM

Not quite 1.4-related, but Bioware's now insinuating that we could be seeing more server merges in the future with the new uber server tech they have. This has, of course, started leading into a panic about character names.

Ohhhhh boy.

If they merge any further they really will have to change the name system.  First and last name is easier to type than a bunch of ascii codes anyways.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 05:15:36 PM

Unless you have something lined up for a raid group I woudn't worry about the accuracy thing much.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 08:49:09 AM

Shadowlands' fleets (both Empire and Republic) tend to have 300-400 people on during prime time

This has not been the case for quite some time, at least on Republic. I haven't seen a second instance of the republic fleet in at least a month or two. At best it gets up to 200 for an hour or so - most of primetime it hovers at around 160. I can't say I've been on the Empire fleet in a good while, so it might be better there.

I'm annoyed that the Elite War Hero PvP weapon and generator for DPS commandos has a ton of accuracy.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:51:14 AM by Jherad »
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 09:31:42 AM

They're finally implementing the super servers.  Player avatar cap is going up to 12.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/server-consolidation

Additionally, players no longer need to have a unique Legacy name per server. Therefore, everyone will have an opportunity to create a new Legacy Name upon logging in to their character.

Didn't see any plans to fix the other naming issues but they aren't merging any of the current servers yet.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:35:08 AM by Amaron »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 11:03:18 AM

But I need 16 slots!  why so serious?

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 11:20:45 AM

But I need 16 slots!  why so serious?

eta: no seriously: why 12 and not 16? is it some data storage reason? At any rate it doesn't matter; now I can make my female marauder and get that sexay top from hammer station.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:22:42 AM by Raguel »
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 01:18:55 PM

They're probably planning to have 12 free slots and the rest unlockable via f2p purchases.  It's likely they originally planned for only 8 free slots, but the server merges kinda forced them to give us more slots so we could accomodate the many alts across multiple servers.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 02:30:57 PM

Well, at least I can transfer my gunslinger eventually.

God Save the Horn Players
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 03:40:59 PM

Shadowlands' fleets (both Empire and Republic) tend to have 300-400 people on during prime time

This has not been the case for quite some time, at least on Republic. I haven't seen a second instance of the republic fleet in at least a month or two. At best it gets up to 200 for an hour or so - most of primetime it hovers at around 160. I can't say I've been on the Empire fleet in a good while, so it might be better there.

I'm annoyed that the Elite War Hero PvP weapon and generator for DPS commandos has a ton of accuracy.

That's weird. There were a couple fleet instances Republic-side last week when I was on doing some PvP, but I had no idea it was so relatively low compared to Empire. Empire fleet's almost always at one full instance and a second instance with 70-120 people in it.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 26, 2012, 02:43:56 PM

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 05:30:53 PM

GTN (Auction House) is disabled until further notice.  You can open the interface and search, but no items are found.

CrossFire and SLI setups apparently result in horrible frame rates if the game's "new and improved shadows" are enabled (on High).  Otherwise (with shadows off), the game just stutters when you try to turn the camera to look around.  It's pretty headache-inducing.

Oh, and this is a fun bug (unconfirmed).

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:39:07 PM by ajax34i »
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 07:23:14 AM

The new raid's fun at least. Got together with my guild and blazed through Story mode in about two hours to learn the basic gists of the encounters. Only problem is that while Story Mode TfB is probably as difficult as the now-nerfed SM Explosive Conflict, it's completely pointless to do since you get no comms whatsoever in TfB, while EC will shower you in Black Hole comms.

It's a gorgeous zone though, and some of the fights are really fun.

Also, the new "offhand items can now be modded" thing seems to have a weird caveat: Campaign shields that you get with tokens from Explosive Conflict drops have mods in them (like mine does), but Campaign shields that people craft after REing the normal Campaign shield (which have the exact same stats) do not.

My guildmaster discovered this last night, and has been absolutely livid since.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:49:16 AM by koro »
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48:11 PM

Also, the new "offhand items can now be modded" thing seems to have a weird caveat: Campaign shields that you get with tokens from Explosive Conflict drops have mods in them (like mine does), but Campaign shields that people craft after REing the normal Campaign shield (which have the exact same stats) do not.

All crafting is like that.  You're not allowed to craft items with mods already in them.  I feel for him that he forgot that though.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 06:27:51 PM

The original orange weapons have mods in them, I'm not sure why nothing else does.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 08:48:07 PM

The original orange weapons have mods in them, I'm not sure why nothing else does.

It's because mods are supposed to be restricted to the skills that can craft them.  The only orange weapons that had mods were the special ones that you need biometric crystal alloy for.   With that kind of material requirement they were no competition for the other crafters.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 10:52:39 PM

If they really cared about that, they shouldn't have put better mods on the daily vendor.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 12:34:47 AM

All crafting is like that.  You're not allowed to craft items with mods already in them.  I feel for him that he forgot that though.

Right, but his shield isn't moddable at all; it's got the same fixed stats that all shields had prior to 1.4. It makes Artificers REing offhands utterly pointless now, since every offhand from any given Flashpoint is now moddable, and it's ludicrous that, thanks to the increased stats to shields via the mod slots, a stock Rakata shield that dropped from Story Mode Terror from Beyond now has better stats than the old Campaign shields two tiers higher. It's ridiculous and hugely punishing to the poor souls who actually spent time and valuable loot drops to RE the offhands from Explosive Conflict.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 28, 2012, 03:56:08 PM

Right, but his shield isn't moddable at all; it's got the same fixed stats that all shields had prior to 1.4. It makes Artificers REing offhands utterly pointless now, since every offhand from any given Flashpoint is now moddable, and it's ludicrous that, thanks to the increased stats to shields via the mod slots, a stock Rakata shield that dropped from Story Mode Terror from Beyond now has better stats than the old Campaign shields two tiers higher. It's ridiculous and hugely punishing to the poor souls who actually spent time and valuable loot drops to RE the offhands from Explosive Conflict.

I haven't really looked at the new high end shields.  Why can't you RE the best offhands then sell them?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Update 1.4 - Patch Notes  
Jump to: