Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Quick things you wish you had known sooner (AUTOLOOT! Send ALL mats to bank!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick things you wish you had known sooner (AUTOLOOT! Send ALL mats to bank!)  (Read 107545 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #140 on: September 20, 2012, 11:04:54 AM

People are always going to bitch about money sinks but games need them. Feel free to run every where from LA!

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #141 on: September 20, 2012, 11:15:15 AM

I don't disagree about money sinks in general, but the pricing on this one gets pretty egregious at times, especially when all you want to do is go BACK to the hub. If going through the Mists gets you to LA for free, teleporting using the non-annoying-and-shitty method should also be free.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: September 20, 2012, 11:57:51 AM

You're paying for convenience.  The method only gets you to Lion's Arch or other beginning cities, too.  It's really not worth the money saved for the effort.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: September 20, 2012, 12:03:41 PM

GW1 seemed to get by just fine letting me teleport for free. But I'm really only arguing that they should make capital city destinations free. I realize that it won't happen partly because then they'd sell less of their obnoxious RMT obstacle remover bank/merchant access things.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: September 20, 2012, 03:59:18 PM

Feel free to run every where from LA!

I do. It saves me enough money to be able to afford items on the BLTC and save up for Gems.
Only time I'll use Asuran Waypoints now is if I'm stuck somewhere. I stopped using them when they started charging me 50c+ to port 10 feet.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #145 on: September 20, 2012, 04:19:33 PM

I totally pay 50c to port 10 feet. <3

God Save the Horn Players
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: September 20, 2012, 05:12:04 PM

I spend my gold without a care in the world.  What do I need money for in this game?  I can farm for everything and that just makes me more money. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: September 20, 2012, 05:13:00 PM

In the long term, you don't need money for anything except repairs. In the short term, I don't have level 80 exotics with the runes I want in every slot, so that is going to suck down a lot of money til I finish that off.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: September 20, 2012, 05:15:07 PM

In the long term, you don't need money for anything except repairs. In the short term, I don't have level 80 exotics with the runes I want in every slot, so that is going to suck down a lot of money til I finish that off.

I don't either, but it makes almost no difference in my ability to farm what I need.  Other than weapons, the difference in gear upgrades is so minor as to be barely noticeable.  Seems to me to be primarily cosmetic.  Spam 4 buttons while running in a circle... rinse and repeat. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: September 20, 2012, 05:22:05 PM

Um, OK. Your impressions of it don't match mine. A full set of 6 runes has a pretty significant effect. Porting to Orr, then porting back at the end of my session to do capital city stuff wipes out 3+ events worth of silver rewards. I don't think that's really an insignificant cost, especially since you also have to take a side trip to another zone somewhere if you want to complete the mob variety part of the daily.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: September 20, 2012, 05:33:40 PM

Perhaps I don't feel the pain because I try to avoid pve as much as humanly possible.  I'll defer to your experience.  I'm about 100% certain that you've done more pve than I have. 

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: September 20, 2012, 05:37:49 PM

I was actually thinking of wanting a full set of http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Melandru for WvW purposes. For the outdoor PVE you're absolutely right, the gear is pretty meaningless. I'm not doing the dungeon stuff.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: September 20, 2012, 05:43:25 PM

I was actually thinking of wanting a full set of http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Melandru for WvW purposes. For the outdoor PVE you're absolutely right, the gear is pretty meaningless. I'm not doing the dungeon stuff.

Ooooo... If I could get that set, I'd WvW more.  Thanks for the link!

-  Mark Twain
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: September 20, 2012, 06:33:10 PM

Looking to report a bug? Wondering where the button is? Type  /bug.

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: September 21, 2012, 05:45:10 AM

Didn't want to derail the economy thread for a second time with this subject so figured I'd just put it in here. For those of you who dislike the Charr running animation, if you bind a key for Stow/Draw Weapons you can use that to make them run upright. You'll have to press it every 30 seconds since they auto-stow it if not in combat but 2 key presses a minute is worth it to not run on all fours  awesome, for real
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: September 21, 2012, 10:52:32 AM

The running on all fours thing is pretty much the only thing that attracts me to play Charrs.

*teaches Skritt to undermine the Black Citadel*

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #156 on: September 21, 2012, 11:08:54 AM

What I am looking for is a button or a command to report a player besides right clicking on their names since that doesn't always work.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: September 21, 2012, 10:02:02 PM

What I am looking for is a button or a command to report a player besides right clicking on their names since that doesn't always work.

How do you know this? All I get when I report someone is a thanks for your submission message in chat. No clue if it goes into a bit bucket or where.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #158 on: September 22, 2012, 02:34:35 AM

No, I just know that right clicking on their names sometimes does nothing, doesn't bring up the report button or any other button. So I can't report them.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: September 22, 2012, 03:05:59 AM

No, I just know that right clicking on their names sometimes does nothing, doesn't bring up the report button or any other button. So I can't report them.

That's weird. Mouse wearing out maybe?
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: September 25, 2012, 12:28:48 PM

I had no idea Health scales by Profession were so... completely and utterly insane.

L80 Warrior base HP + Vitality = 18,372
L80 Necromancer base HP + Vitality = 18,372

L80 Engineer base HP + Vitality = 15,082
L80 Ranger base HP + Vitality = 15,082
L80 Mesmer base HP + Vitality = 15,082

L80 Guardian base HP + Vitality = 10,805
L80 Thief base HP + Vitality = 10,805
L80 Elementalist base HP + Vitality = 10,805

This revelation came about when I started to notice my Guardian was getting downed waaaaay quicker than I ever expected him to since he felt so tanky at first.
Turns out Guardians are not tanks, at least remotely in the traditional sense. Magic! Or something. Still. It's kind of odd knowing my 5' human Mesmer will likely always have higher HP than my 9' armor plated hulking Norn.
The less said about the 3' Asuran Necromancer the better at this stage...  ACK!

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #161 on: September 25, 2012, 01:01:20 PM

That...I mean....what?
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: September 25, 2012, 01:04:34 PM

Would explain my guardians failure to hit point....

Didn't realize it was that far apart though.  Not sure I make up 8k healing in the course of a fight. Not w/o a few cooldowns being used anyways
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: September 25, 2012, 01:14:49 PM

That's one of the reasons I love Necro.  There are so many ways to not die, coupled with the high hp. 
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: September 25, 2012, 01:26:52 PM

However vitality scales inversely to your base hp's.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: September 25, 2012, 01:54:05 PM

That's one of the reasons I love Necro.  There are so many ways to not die, coupled with the high hp. 

I'm glad that you love yours.  Mine feels underpowered compared to nearly every other class that I've pvp'ed with. 

-  Mark Twain
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: September 25, 2012, 02:03:21 PM

I'm glad that you love yours.  Mine feels underpowered compared to nearly every other class that I've pvp'ed with. 

Granted I'm level 16  Grin  and it's not a "run in the thick of it and smash faces" type of deal.  For me, in WvW, it's "hang back, lay down a bunch of marks with the staff, switch to scepter/focus and dot people up, get pummeled, run away in death shroud, consume conditions when death shroud ends."  Quite effective at choke points; would stay alive through many many near deaths.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: November 05, 2012, 07:27:05 AM

I wish I had known to open up the waypoints of Orr before hitting 80.  It's actually a good place to get the last 10 levels.

Finally hit 80 on my Necromancer (first time I've hit max level in any played mmo of the past 10 years).  I had wrongly assumed that the karma I'd been saving up would just be taken to one of the city vendors for a few pieces of the famous exotic gear.  Not the case.

Not only are the vendors spread around the Orr map, they're in contested areas, sometimes surrounded by dozens of mobs that attack you while you're interacting with the vendor and respawn really fast.  Not sure how this is a good idea. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: November 05, 2012, 09:20:16 AM

The vendors shouldn't even be around until the area is cleared though.

I am the .00000001428%
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: November 05, 2012, 10:25:48 AM

He may have been shopping when the area was being lost?

I've never had aggro by the vendors, but I always shop right after doing the DEs to open them.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: November 05, 2012, 11:02:57 AM

The Melandru shrine vendor is very often surrounded by mob aggro in my experience.

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: November 06, 2012, 07:11:30 AM

I did some asking around and it seems the area was bugged at the time.  In the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance, the vendor was up on the center platform.  A cluster of risen including a few veterans kept respawning right on top of them. 

Now that I finally got a few exotics, I have to say that it was kind of frustrating but at the end of the day feels pretty cool to have fought my way to the vendors.  I had to make it aaaallllll they way down to the Cathedral of Silence.  Yet another way I have to re-condition the WoW out of my brain. 
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: November 06, 2012, 03:34:55 PM

I did some asking around and it seems the area was bugged at the time.  In the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance, the vendor was up on the center platform.  A cluster of risen including a few veterans kept respawning right on top of them. 
That's a bug? Last two nights I've stood there with a small group having the mother of all King of the Hill fights the likes of which I haven't seen in an MMO since ever. Or maybe when some schmuck trained the docks in Oasis  awesome, for real

Now that I finally got a few exotics
Ok, now that I feel like I'm nearing them, how do exotics work? Buy Karma yellows, salvage them for ectoplasm, craft with presumably-other-expensive-stuff at the Mystic Forge?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: November 06, 2012, 03:45:50 PM

Craft 'em, buy 'em with karma from Orr vendors, get them by farming token thingies from dungeons to spend on them, fuck around with the forge, buy on TP, or if you're an oddly lucky person, get them via drop.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: November 06, 2012, 03:49:34 PM

Never salvage exotics. Only salvage yellows, even then check the price.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Quick things you wish you had known sooner (AUTOLOOT! Send ALL mats to bank!)  
Jump to: