Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Quick things you wish you had known sooner (AUTOLOOT! Send ALL mats to bank!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick things you wish you had known sooner (AUTOLOOT! Send ALL mats to bank!)  (Read 107583 times)
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #70 on: September 04, 2012, 06:11:13 AM

Found a super jump puzzle last night in ascalon.  There was one area I had to switch in a sprint ability to get past, which frustrated me until I stopped thinking I could brute force it.  The amount of hidden puzzles or just hidden paths to different areas is pretty damn cool. 

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: September 04, 2012, 06:56:47 AM

Found a super jump puzzle last night in ascalon.  There was one area I had to switch in a sprint ability to get past, which frustrated me until I stopped thinking I could brute force it.  The amount of hidden puzzles or just hidden paths to different areas is pretty damn cool. 

Was that the one that lead to the west wall and the rich gold vein?  I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #72 on: September 04, 2012, 07:47:14 AM

Nah it's in the south, you need to swim underwater to start it, leads to a splendid chest.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 04, 2012, 07:56:04 AM

I randomly /kneel ed at a giant griffin statue  I came across and got 3 minutes of 100% endurance regen  awesome, for real

Now that's cool.  I love these little touches.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #74 on: September 04, 2012, 08:11:50 AM

Not that it is really a tip, but try and get to reviving people before they are all the way dead. Getting someone up from downed vs. dead is soooo much easier and shorter, timewise.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: September 04, 2012, 08:30:14 AM

Not that it is really a tip, but try and get to reviving people before they are all the way dead. Getting someone up from downed vs. dead is soooo much easier and shorter, timewise.

By far.  And the ele utility skill "Glyph of Renewal" allows you to revive players with different effects based on attunement.  Swapping to earth and activating that can get up 3 players at once in a couple seconds.  Doesn't work on defeated, but still a great skill.  Additionally, +healing affects how quickly you can get up another player with a revive.  I'm trying to spec for water/arcane/air and go for utility in grouping situations with attunement ae buffs and condition removal and a moderate +healing. I can get players up pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:48:50 AM by sachiel »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #76 on: September 06, 2012, 01:09:00 PM

Forget crafting, and DO NOT BUY cultural armor or weapons. Complete ripoff. Level 40, 10k karma for a weapon and 30-60 silver for one piece of armor? No thanks.

Instead, just sort by price buy cheap shit that is almost as good on the TP. I'll buy top of the line masterwork items for 1-2 silver each, sure.

For eles, switching attunements count as weapon switches, and you switch elements way more than most people switch weapons, so find appropriate runes to use (abuse) that.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:15:49 PM by bhodi »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #77 on: September 06, 2012, 01:11:12 PM

I am wearing my Norn tier 3 when I can afford it, prices be damned. I need antlers.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 06, 2012, 01:44:14 PM

The cultural stuff is entirely intended to be transmuted over your actual stat gear. The t3 is especially priced for rarity, just like GW1 armor sets could get crazy expensive.

There is also 42k karma/piece exotic level 80 gear in the last zone, a few full sets with different stats/looks. The price is hilarious.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: September 06, 2012, 02:20:55 PM

Maybe a class or completionist thing? As an Ele, I haven't had a problem constantly gaining XP through 25 (still youngish though). I do still occasioanlly people in /map chat saying things like "I can't do my next level of storyline and have done a few DEs, but can't level up". It's not intuitive just how many things in this game give XP smiley

It's the gathering. You kind of have to do it to keep up unless you're PVPing, and a lot of people never bothered with it in other games so they don't bother with it here.

GTAEs are soooo much more powerful than targeted on people ones in WvW.

I go out of my way to gather shit.  I've even died a few times from mobs that were close by because of it.  Gathering xp helps out a lot in the long run and I've had no problems gaining levels for my thief (28 atm), and thats without even pvping yet.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 06, 2012, 03:03:35 PM

I always forget to gather shit unless its slapping me in the face, I just murder everything I run across. So many dead Moa's  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: September 06, 2012, 03:59:38 PM

Moa's are awesome - non-agro mobs don't get killed that often and are worth up to 4x the XP.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: September 06, 2012, 04:24:34 PM

THAT is something I wish I had known sooner: the amount of XP on kill is based on the collective kills of that mob.

I gather all the time. That stupid minimap with all its stupid icons calls to me so often, after all the diversions to all the resources, I frequently forget where the hell I was going in the first place. Especially when getting to a resource then uncovers another damned heart, POI or waypoint. I swear, I feel like the most prominent enemy I have here is the fog of war!
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 07, 2012, 04:34:59 AM

For eles, switching attunements count as weapon switches, and you switch elements way more than most people switch weapons, so find appropriate runes to use (abuse) that.

That is a good tip.  I didn't know that and have been staying away from weapons/sigils that have "when you swap to this weapon in combat" because technically an ele is always on whatever weapon.  If attunement swaps count, holy shit, you can spam the shit out of some boon stacking.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #84 on: September 07, 2012, 10:06:31 AM

That is a good tip.  I didn't know that and have been staying away from weapons/sigils that have "when you swap to this weapon in combat" because technically an ele is always on whatever weapon.  If attunement swaps count, holy shit, you can spam the shit out of some boon stacking.
Yes! There is also one thing I discovered. If you have a sigil that will only proc every so often, like the sigil of rage which is swiftness with a 45s cooldown, that cooldown is applied to ALL your procs. So basically, only have one 'on proc' sigil because the others won't trigger if any are on cooldown.

Also, be aware that might stacks duration, not intensity, so you PROBABLY want one sigil of battle (stacks of might on switch) and then one of geomancy (AOE bleeding) /energy (+50% endurance) / doom (AOE poison)

You probably want bleeding over poison because bleeding stacks intensity and poison stacks duration, so for D/D ele you want one battle and one geomancy on your daggers.

Edit; Geomancy appears to do nothing. Sigil of battle works fine.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:45:18 AM by bhodi »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 07, 2012, 12:37:53 PM

Might should stack intensity. Fury stacks duration, as does Vigor, Protection, etc. But you can have multiple stacks of Might.

I usually see people rolling with +power/+crit on kill for pve. The AOE on switch are PBAE, so awesome for melee types and meh for ranged.

Personally, I roll with Bloodlust (+power on kill) and might on weapon switch (meh), and a rune set that provides Might/Fury to nearby allies randomly. Combined with Might on illusion shattering, I tend to be running an 8 stack pretty constantly. What I need is a reliable way to gain Fury (it brings me from 38% crit to mid-50s)
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: September 08, 2012, 12:09:48 AM

Looks like crafting directly from the bank just got patched in.

*massive win*

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 08, 2012, 12:10:39 AM

Yeah, it's nice - for discovery you still have to put stuff into your bags, though.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 08, 2012, 04:57:46 AM

Hmm. Very nice. But still kinda just somewhat of a bonus. So far, all of my crafting skillups are on discovery. And while i could do an occasional bulk refinement of crafting materials, I'm mostly just buying all that still from the Trading Post because it's so cheap.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 08, 2012, 07:07:11 AM

You still need to make all the components for the discovery. It's substantially more convenient.

Also cooking nerfed. Apparently making the components buyable with karma wasn't a very good idea, so now you need to farm butter and chocolate as mob drops.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 08, 2012, 08:25:44 AM

Can't remember if this was posted, but here's how to put your own music into the game.  http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 08, 2012, 10:30:28 AM

You still need to make all the components for the discovery. It's substantially more convenient.
Ok, I'll see your "substantially more convenient" and raise you a "almost 100% awesome a bonus"?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #92 on: September 08, 2012, 11:29:38 AM

If you still need to have things in your inventory for discovery, it's not more convenient, I'll still be swapping everything into my inventory when I god to craft most sessions.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: September 08, 2012, 11:47:16 AM

I'd call it more convenient, but not substantially more convenient. More like slightly. You still have to shuffle everything in and out for discovery unless you're working from a spoiler list, which I refuse to do for crafting.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #94 on: September 08, 2012, 12:10:09 PM

Also cooking nerfed. Apparently making the components buyable with karma wasn't a very good idea, so now you need to farm butter and chocolate as mob drops.

God fucking dammit. ><

Needing the discovery stuff in my inventory isn't a big deal (except for cooking), because as Kageru mentioned, you still have to make the various components for discovering anyway. So it's MUCH more convenient for, say, my weaponsmith. Less so for my jeweler, but whatever.

God Save the Horn Players
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: September 08, 2012, 12:41:12 PM

· Players can now do the production portion of crafting without having to pull the resources from their bank. Note: Discovery still requires use of the bank. This is something we would like to change but decided that getting part of the way there was better than making players wait for the entire fix.

Discovery will eventually work from the bank as well. Heart

most often known as Drevik
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: September 08, 2012, 01:56:28 PM

· Players can now do the production portion of crafting without having to pull the resources from their bank. Note: Discovery still requires use of the bank. This is something we would like to change but decided that getting part of the way there was better than making players wait for the entire fix.

Discovery will eventually work from the bank as well. Heart

For those wanting a reference, they confirmed this in the latest patch notes
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #97 on: September 08, 2012, 02:12:58 PM

Cool. ANd I'm on the fence with butter drops. On the one hand, karma flows easily. On the other, my chef is an alt who is level 2 with no karma; so getting some butter today on my warrior was pretty awesome, since I basically haven't crafted food because of the karma block.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: September 08, 2012, 02:26:03 PM

Getting cooking to 400 was trivially easy if you opened up the heart merchants that had key ingredients.  I'm not sure why they made this change as food isn't really all that much of a game changer.  If they needed to do anything, it was lower the amount of xp that crafting food gave.  I made many levels off of food. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: September 08, 2012, 03:50:01 PM

I'd call it more convenient, but not substantially more convenient. More like slightly. You still have to shuffle everything in and out for discovery unless you're working from a spoiler list, which I refuse to do for crafting.

I dunno about other professions, but Tailoring Discovery doesn't require any spoilers for general skill-upping. Once you unlock the new set of insignias, you know you'll have at least 3-6 different insignias to combine with six different skill slots. The formula is trivially easy.

I figure there's some crazy four-resource combine discoveries out there. Like, I've heard a rumor there's combines that result in entire gear sets. But I'll worry about that when I hit the cap like other min/max stuff (for me).

Edit: tl;dr version: just read this thread like I coulda...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:01:03 PM by Darniaq »
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: September 08, 2012, 04:00:03 PM

Getting cooking to 400 was trivially easy if you opened up the heart merchants that had key ingredients.  I'm not sure why they made this change as food isn't really all that much of a game changer.  If they needed to do anything, it was lower the amount of xp that crafting food gave.  I made many levels off of food. 

Cooking was designed to be the hardest tradeskill to learn - to be the one that tradeskill nuts would learn. Instead, it was laughably easy and used by tons of people to get from 70 to 80 in about an hour.

I love the experience from tradeskilling and don't want it reduced, I just don't think you should be able to power through a craft like that.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #101 on: September 08, 2012, 05:53:22 PM

Cool. ANd I'm on the fence with butter drops. On the one hand, karma flows easily. On the other, my chef is an alt who is level 2 with no karma; so getting some butter today on my warrior was pretty awesome, since I basically haven't crafted food because of the karma block.

You could've bought the karma stuff with your main, all the ingredients just go to the collectibles page. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: September 08, 2012, 07:41:39 PM

You can still buy butter and chocolate with gold. I'm looking at a repair merchant who has them right now. Also, apparently not all karma food bits have been removed, because in the same place with this guy there's a heart merchant selling a couple other ingredients 'in bulk' for 77 karma per bag.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: September 08, 2012, 08:25:51 PM

Buying those is probably a bannable exploit though.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: September 08, 2012, 08:33:19 PM

Cooking was designed to be the hardest tradeskill to learn - to be the one that tradeskill nuts would learn.

Why?  I'm curious to know the reasoning behind that decision, if anyone knows.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Quick things you wish you had known sooner (AUTOLOOT! Send ALL mats to bank!)  
Jump to: