Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simple Questions Thread  (Read 194418 times)
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: August 29, 2012, 10:03:06 AM

How does the food bonus work?  I tried some and went and killed various things at various levels and I wasn't getting a 10xp bonus.

Same.  I tried a few different kinds of +10 xp food and the xp per kill stayed at 8.

On the crafted food, it says +10%, but on the regular, it looks like +10.  Typos? 
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 29, 2012, 03:04:25 PM

How does the food bonus work?  I tried some and went and killed various things at various levels and I wasn't getting a 10xp bonus.

Same.  I tried a few different kinds of +10 xp food and the xp per kill stayed at 8.

On the crafted food, it says +10%, but on the regular, it looks like +10.  Typos? 

Hmm.  Well mine was bought food, one was blue and one was white, both said +10.  After getting 8 xp per kill for pretty much every mob, I popped the food and killed several more of the same mobs for, still, 8 xp.  Even if it's +10% I imagine it would at least round up to 9.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #72 on: August 29, 2012, 03:10:00 PM

Yeah I have the same experience. I don't seem to get anything from food, xp-wise. The other buff it gives seem to work OK.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Brennik
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 12:15:42 AM

Could be it's not showing up on the combat log but you're still getting it? Need to check that tonight. Can I even mouse over the exp bar to see numbers there, haven't paid any attention to that...?
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 01:09:13 AM

Could be it's not showing up on the combat log but you're still getting it? Need to check that tonight.

No I checked that when I first tried the stuff out.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 30, 2012, 05:36:20 AM

Simple question.  How many crafting abilities can I have?  So far I have two, Leather Working and Weapon Smithing.  Can I get all of them if I want?

Over the last 10 years of playing MMO's I guess I have gone from being an achiever to being an explorer.  I really just want to wander around, poke my nose into the nooks and crannies and collect nodes with an occasional trip in to craft stuff.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 30, 2012, 05:40:17 AM

You can only have 2 active tradeskills at one time.  If you want more you have to suspend one of your active tradeskills (meaning you can't make anything for that tradeskill but you don't lose points).  You can then re-activate it later for 10 copper per craft level.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: August 30, 2012, 06:19:36 AM

Yeah the fact that you can just go back and pick up where you left off in your previous craft is really nice. Never made much sense (from a character perspective) in other MMOs that you suddenly forgot everything about Armoursmithing if you decided to become a Weaponsmith.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: August 30, 2012, 07:38:04 AM

Where do you actually get the gathering tools and how to you activate/choose your crafting skills? I ignored all of that in my first real day of play but just before I logged, I went around trying to find a tradeskill trainer in the starter Norn area and didn't find one. (Pavlovian WoW response, I guess.)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #79 on: August 30, 2012, 07:49:36 AM

The Norn crafters can be found in Hoelbrak middle tier, of in the first zone at Twinspur Haven, which is roughly level 10-12 and is the first walled fortress in the snowy part of Wayfarer Foothills (first Norn zone). 

The tools are found on "Merchants" (So very descriptive!) and they are one of the more common vendors.  As you're exploring settled groups, just check out the merchants and you should find one soon.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #80 on: August 30, 2012, 07:54:32 AM

The Norn crafters can be found in Hoelbrak middle tier, of in the first zone at Twinspur Haven, which is roughly level 10-12 and is the first walled fortress in the snowy part of Wayfarer Foothills (first Norn zone). 

The tools are found on "Merchants" (So very descriptive!) and they are one of the more common vendors.  As you're exploring settled groups, just check out the merchants and you should find one soon.

Tools need to be equipped - 100 hatchets 100 pickaxes 50 harvesters (50? why?). I had that derp moment where I bought them, had them in my bag, and was wondering why I could not harvest anything.

Once you have both crafting skills, talk to another crafting trainer to learn that craft - they'll give you the option which existing craft you want to "put on hold."

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #81 on: August 30, 2012, 08:07:21 AM

It's fifty sickles because it takes one gathering action for the whole node, whereas axes and picks use multiple strikes, each of which decrease the counter by one.  It's not a very clean system.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: August 30, 2012, 10:47:24 AM

Next question, I had a dye drop off a random mob.  It said double click to have your character learn this dye.  I did and it poofed, now what?  How do I apply it to my armor?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: August 30, 2012, 10:49:40 AM

pull up your hero panel and look for the eye dropper just above the list of armor you have equipped.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_panel#Dye_view
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #84 on: August 30, 2012, 02:49:00 PM

Dyes are character bound, not account bound.  Which is shifty, imo.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: August 30, 2012, 02:56:49 PM

What is the recycling option?  I found some dyes and apparantly you can either learn them or recycle them at the forge or something.

I asked in /map if it's better to learn or recycle, but the unanimous answer was to sell them.  When the trade system works of course  awesome, for real
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #86 on: August 31, 2012, 08:31:31 AM

What is the recycling option?  I found some dyes and apparantly you can either learn them or recycle them at the forge or something.

I asked in /map if it's better to learn or recycle, but the unanimous answer was to sell them.  When the trade system works of course  awesome, for real
There are a lot of forge recipes where you can turn 4 of type of thing to get one something of the same type but better.  Say 4 common dyes -> 1 uncommon dye.  I am guessing but that's a pattern they have been using.

"Me am play gods"
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: August 31, 2012, 08:59:06 AM

Can I say that it's really smart to have gathering tools be used up through gathering as a small gold sink? Otherwise, having to have a gathering tool that never wears out, etc., is just a kind of annoying "inventory tax" designed to hog a slot in a bag (e.g., WoW). It also took me a while yesterday to grasp that the node isn't exhausted for *other players* if I gather it--I kept trying to outrace people to nodes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #88 on: August 31, 2012, 09:11:49 AM

It also took me a while yesterday to grasp that the node isn't exhausted for *other players* if I gather it--I kept trying to outrace people to nodes.
That is one of my favorite things about the game. Too bad Scott Hartsman said that was going into Rift and then it didn't. I think in a lot of ways GW2 nailed a lot of the objectives of Rift, even if I prefer Rift's soul system a lot more.

And a simple question I asked in the sploiter thread that got glossed over in f13 hurfdurf: What use is the charm/dignity/punchy stat?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: August 31, 2012, 09:23:57 AM

Flavor of how some NPCs react to you.  Supposedly.  It's purely for RP reasons though.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #90 on: August 31, 2012, 11:38:45 AM

Someone told me it affects some branching story choices in the personal story, but I don't know if that is true for sure.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #91 on: August 31, 2012, 11:41:41 AM

It shows up in some of the story dialog responses. Not sure if it actually changes what the other character says in response if you pick the option that isn't what your character's story background is. I.e. if you pick the Charm option but your character has Dignity I don't know if that changes the flow of dialog.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: August 31, 2012, 12:06:40 PM

Someone told me it affects some branching story choices in the personal story, but I don't know if that is true for sure.

It impacts how the mission plays out, but I don't think it ever impacts the actual branches.

So for a lowbie human mission for example, having a high charm allows you to talk down a hostage situation instead of fighting the NPC. Nothing is actually changed about how the mission plays out, just that one fight turns optional.

edit: and having a high score in one of them unlocks successful checks on this. They'll be labeled like charm: blah blah blah (Captivating) to mean that you have that choice because you have a really high charm score.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #93 on: August 31, 2012, 11:54:30 PM

Is it just me or did they fuck up the camera with the latest patch? It's constantly zooming in and out on my character now as I move around varied terrain.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 01, 2012, 10:49:55 AM

I haven't seen that, but I will say I wish the camera could be zoomed out even further.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: September 01, 2012, 11:29:42 AM

Is it just me or did they fuck up the camera with the latest patch? It's constantly zooming in and out on my character now as I move around varied terrain.

I noticed this today when trying to do some vistas and jumping puzzles, the camera kept zooming into first person and back out again repeatedly even though there was plenty of room behind my character. I don't remember it being as twitchy last time I did some of these.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #96 on: September 01, 2012, 11:39:08 AM

Yes it's like they reversed the algorithm. Instead of zooming in the camera when your back gets close to something it's zooming in when your front does.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: September 02, 2012, 06:12:03 AM

Okay, it wasn't just me thinking the camera had gone wonky.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #98 on: September 02, 2012, 09:59:28 AM

Okay, it wasn't just me thinking the camera had gone wonky.

Here I thought it was my drinking causing problems again...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: September 02, 2012, 10:12:42 AM

There are a lot of forge recipes where you can turn 4 of type of thing to get one something of the same type but better.  Say 4 common dyes -> 1 uncommon dye.  I am guessing but that's a pattern they have been using.

Is that was the mystic forge is for and mystic coins that I get as drops?  So should I be saving up my old staves and then do this recycle thing?  Any idea what the level of the final item will be?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: September 02, 2012, 10:49:04 AM

I can't get my camera to lock behind me which causes me to lose sight of my target as I leap and frolic around it.

Edit: Grammar
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 12:47:57 PM by Tannhauser »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: September 02, 2012, 11:33:44 AM

Why does the client think that my firewall is blocking it when it isn't?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: September 02, 2012, 12:50:37 PM

I have that same problem.  Have to keep AVG switched off to play while AVG clearly states GW2 is allowed.

Also, for me to play for any period of time, I have to play on my laptop's battery.  When it gets low I plug in and can go on it seems.  awesome, for real

Whatever it takes but yeah.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: September 04, 2012, 08:01:29 AM

Food works fine now.  Questions:

Buying gems:  it seems crazy cheap now to exchange in-game money for gems.  How expensive can we expect them to get?  (if this is knowable)

Traits:  sorry if this is obvious or has been answered, but is there going to be a dual spec of some sort?  I'm reading that traits for PVP and PVE are considerably different.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: September 04, 2012, 08:11:03 AM

Buying gems:  it seems crazy cheap now to exchange in-game money for gems.  How expensive can we expect them to get?  (if this is knowable)

I'm expecting mudflation to take hold and prices to rise over time. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread  
Jump to: