Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:50:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simple Questions Thread  (Read 196652 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: September 04, 2012, 02:04:59 PM

My turn to ask a question:

I'm in two guilds.  Is there a way to see guild chat from the guild that I'm not currently representing?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Genev
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: September 04, 2012, 03:00:08 PM

No, you only get anything at all from the one you're representing
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #107 on: September 04, 2012, 03:01:18 PM

Yeah the multi-guild thing is not nearly as useful as I had imagined it would be.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #108 on: September 04, 2012, 04:19:44 PM

I filed a /bug about being unable to chat with my non-representing guild.  Maybe everyone else should too! Not sure if volume helps, but it usually does for customer support...
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: September 04, 2012, 04:46:12 PM

Yeah the multi-guild thing is not nearly as useful as I had imagined it would be.

It helps me see who is on in BC and what level they are... that's about it.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: September 05, 2012, 05:00:09 AM

The fact that if I go into Bat country to chat means that any guild points I earn are completely wasted because guild points are saved based is also silly - it actively discourages me from going into bat country to talk even when my own tiny guild is empty because any points I generate are specific to my own server, so in maybe a years time I'd be able to buy a guild bank.

Also from what I could see last night half of bat country are now representing other guilds as wellso even ifi did most people arent around to chat with either!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: September 05, 2012, 05:35:43 AM

This is my main peeve with the game.  I want the points to go towards my small guild that can use all the help it can get, but I'd really like to be able to chat with BAT and SLAP members all the time.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #112 on: September 05, 2012, 06:39:24 AM

Chat channels need to be implemented, sounds like.  It seems like people want their small guild, and have a Bat Country chat channel (not like people talk much as it is).

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: September 05, 2012, 08:55:22 AM

Chat channels need to be implemented, sounds like.  It seems like people want their small guild, and have a Bat Country chat channel (not like people talk much as it is).

Or they could just have /g1 /g2 etc.  I'm a bit confused how they had the foresight to let people have multiple guilds but restricted guild chat to just one.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #114 on: September 05, 2012, 09:19:21 AM

Chat channels need to be implemented, sounds like.  It seems like people want their small guild, and have a Bat Country chat channel (not like people talk much as it is).

I try... my only friends half the time are crickets. Then I remember most of the guild is spread all over the server list.

edit: appalling grammar.  ACK!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:24:36 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: September 05, 2012, 12:21:36 PM

This is my main peeve with the game.  I want the points to go towards my small guild that can use all the help it can get, but I'd really like to be able to chat with BAT and SLAP members all the time.

Just put your small guild that is just you and Vu anyway full time into SLAP, problem solved.  why so serious?

WE CRAVE YOUR POINTS

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: September 05, 2012, 12:28:07 PM

Just put your small guild that is just you and Vu anyway full time into SLAP, problem solved.  why so serious?

WE CRAVE YOUR POINTS

POINTS FOR THE GUILD VAULT

.. doesn't work as well as I'd hoped, hm.
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: September 05, 2012, 02:40:13 PM

The non-intuitiveness of certain features like UI layout pisses me off at least as bad as SWTOR when it launched.

How can yet another AAA MMO title not have either UI layout fully implemented and tested long ago as just a standard fabric of the game design *or* a decent addon system for replacing their wired crap with what you really want to stare at forever. Thank god they included Invert Y-axis or I would be looking form someone to shoot.

The only thing I have found is that they apparently put in a joke of a hack to move the chat to upper left and the minimap to upper right ONLY. And they don't let you move any of the other windows at all, so if you did want to put your minimap into that one upper right corner spot, it covers your quest/story log. Do they even test this shit?

Does anyone know how to both move the minimap to the upper right AND also move the goddamn quest log so it isn't covered by it?

EDIT: Apparently it is flaky, and sometimes it adjusts the quest window to be under it and sometimes it doesn't, I finally got it to work. They still need a damn normal layout editor though, and there are other issues like loot notification that get messed up when you move windows around.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:50:05 PM by Redgiant »

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Drubear
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: September 05, 2012, 02:53:49 PM

Traits:  sorry if this is obvious or has been answered, but is there going to be a dual spec of some sort?  I'm reading that traits for PVP and PVE are considerably different.

I have no direct experience of this, but was reading up on traits on GW2 Wiki and it was mentioned that PvP and PvE traits are separate. YMMV.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: September 05, 2012, 02:55:07 PM

Specifically that's sPVP and PVE traits. Your traits in WvW are the same as your traits in PVE.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 05, 2012, 04:11:58 PM

Crap I didn't realize guild points were server based. Does that also explain why I can't access the bank of the guild I'm currently representing on Isle of Janthir.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #121 on: September 05, 2012, 04:40:16 PM

Yeah, I ended up transferring to GoM so that representing BAT actually accomplished something, the guild bank is accessible, etc.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: September 05, 2012, 05:52:23 PM

I'm pretty sure it's intentional... otherwise everyone would be funnelling points towards their personal storage guild rather than the guild they are gaming with and gaining advantage from.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: September 06, 2012, 12:29:31 PM

Is there a way to change the order of the abilities on my 1-5 buttons? 

-  Mark Twain
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: September 06, 2012, 12:37:41 PM

Is there a way to change the order of the abilities on my 1-5 buttons? 

No. Sadly.
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: September 06, 2012, 12:43:38 PM

Thought you can reassign the hotkeys to different values. Of course, you would have to do mental jumping-jacks to keep it straight that the first ability is now on the '3' key.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: September 06, 2012, 12:54:45 PM

Re-binding as you're saying though would only work if keys can be re-bound by weapon set, whereas re-ordering would fix the weapon without messing with the other weapon set and hoping they're located on the same keys which you've re-assigned.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: September 06, 2012, 12:59:35 PM

Why are the jumping puzzles so hard/infuriating?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #128 on: September 06, 2012, 01:03:50 PM

Because they're in a MMO, where precise movement/controls aren't really a strong point.  I'm a lot better at the jumping in this game than in TSW.

I haven't done a lot of the jumping puzzles or any real outside of starter zone vistas, but they haven't been that bad so far. I'm assuming the exploration ones are a lot worse. 

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: September 06, 2012, 01:06:05 PM

Because they're in a MMO, where precise movement/controls aren't really a strong point.  I'm a lot better at the jumping in this game than in TSW.

I haven't done a lot of the jumping puzzles or any real outside of starter zone vistas, but they haven't been that bad so far. I'm assuming the exploration ones are a lot worse. 

After the god damn nightmare that is SWTOR's jumping puzzles, these are a dream. The platforms seem to be much more forgiving here as well...

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: September 06, 2012, 01:09:37 PM

They seem about equally bad to me - neither of the games have animations/controls that really suit doing jumping puzzles. The special exploration ones are much more frustrating than the hop hop get a vista ones.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: September 06, 2012, 01:11:59 PM

They seem about equally bad to me - neither of the games have animations/controls that really suit doing jumping puzzles. The special exploration ones are much more frustrating than the hop hop get a vista ones.

Have you done the vistas in the higher level zones?  Some of them are rage inducing.    I don't want to have to play Super Mario in an MMO.  I want to kill shit... particularly if that shit includes other players.  

I'm also getting annoyed by the fact that endgame PvE is all about circle strafing while spamming a few buttons.  After 70+ levels, I'm sick of running in circles.  I'm all for dodging abilities, but it's a constant kite fest for cloth users.  It gets old.  Also wtf is up with putting mobs with huge ground effects in narrow passages?  Really?  I'm getting Diablo 3 flashbacks... and that's not a good thing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:15:49 PM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: September 06, 2012, 01:29:14 PM

I've done a few high-level vistas (Vizier's Tower  ACK!) and none of them compare to the vista at the southwestern castle in the wvw eternal battlegrounds. We actually had mesmers setting up portal chains for that one, it was pretty amusing. Tribulation Rift (dredge subzone in a low-mid level norn zone) was quite long, but not THAT challenging (veteran miniboss at the end included).

e: however, none of them have induced as much rage as The Cost Of Magic in TSW, or the jumping puzzle in the bug lair in SWTOR.
e^2: YET.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:40:49 PM by Zetor »

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #133 on: September 06, 2012, 02:21:10 PM

I missed the very last jump on Cost of Magic 4 times.   Tantrum  I think the first part with the platforms was worst, honestly, but both parts made me want to throttle the dev responsible for it.   I think TSW's stealth puzzles were more rage inducing, because at least you're given the means to jump. 

Did Rift have many jumping puzzles?  I just remember the one in Rock Ridge.  I don't remember hating that one as much.  Some of their zone puzzles were a bit raging inducing as well, especially since they were griefable or could get tied up with one retard for hours.

-Rasix
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: September 06, 2012, 02:39:12 PM

I like the one in the bowels of Rata Sum, where it's possible to fall to your death  swamp poop

Edit:  forgot that I had an actual question:  Is it true that once you hit 80, the alts you roll start at 20?  And if so, does this mean that if I have a level 2 alt at the time of hitting 80, it stays at 2 or does it bump up to 20?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:40:44 PM by Crumbs »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: September 06, 2012, 02:50:38 PM

I love jumping puzzles, I enjoy the actual jumping and I enjoy how it makes so many of you despair.  Heart

I wish I had any idea what numbers meant in this game outside of "more is better". Like I have a trait, gives me +90 toughness while holding a shield. Is that good? Great? Awful? I have no fucking idea!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: September 06, 2012, 02:55:52 PM

I still enjoy the act of jumping around. Wasting 15 minutes of my life because I missed one jump? Not so fun.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: September 06, 2012, 03:01:59 PM

I love the jumping puzzles - I want to murder someone when they go wrong, but i love the feeling when I get to the top of one.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: September 06, 2012, 03:07:17 PM

Falling off a jumping puzzle hardly bothers me at all. It's more of a "aww nuts". I think it's partly because I can do them very quickly. I don't spend 30 seconds in between each jump carefully planning. I just go.

The most frustrating one I ran into was this hidden shaman cave in a norn zone, with a flock of ravens on this narrow walkway. If you got too close to a raven they would knock you off and my giant norn lady could not fit through the gaps. I eventually just figured out I could use a skill that granted stability to blow past them though.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: September 06, 2012, 04:01:33 PM

So far, the most frustrating one for me was the broken wall in the Charr zone - for some reason that took me forever.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread  
Jump to: