Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:23:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 7 40k and Tamurkhan Divisions Only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 7 40k and Tamurkhan Divisions Only  (Read 19600 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #70 on: August 22, 2012, 08:22:00 PM

I lost 3-1 to the Hazardous Hippies. However, when I went down 2-0 in the first half and realized I was completely overmatched I went into Chaos rage mode. 4 elves were put into the hospital, 2 high level ones now have injuries that will never fully heal.

There was a lot of questionable fouling. One of my men was seen by the ref and ejected.
Well, I thankfully saved my war dancer with the apoth, but poor nealtor now has -1 to movement, which is going to hurt him a bit.  Also, going to be down a war dancer and my star QB for the first game of the playoffs....

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #71 on: August 22, 2012, 09:15:34 PM

Hey Reborne,

I'm free this Friday night and Sunday so we should be able to fit a game with only an or 2 time difference
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #72 on: August 23, 2012, 01:40:27 AM

Now I have a Str 5 linedwarf HO HO HO

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 23, 2012, 01:58:49 AM

Now I have a Str 5 linedwarf HO HO HO

...  ACK!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 23, 2012, 09:53:02 AM

Give that thing some tentacles!  this guy looks legit
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #75 on: August 25, 2012, 06:26:39 PM

Ok, so life has kind of been distracting lately this season.

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting in here, I am managing to play my matches but then have to disappear to work, events, etc.

Sadly I've also run into a hitch with playing my matches for the moment in that I've just bought a new computer and am having issues setting up BloodBowl because of a missing serial.
I've contacted customer support with my order details and hopefully they'll get back to me in time to have my match with Llyse.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #76 on: August 26, 2012, 06:20:03 AM

Megrim and I played. He had a horrible first half with a lot of failed Bloodlust rolls and fluffed pickups and, after a few slipups of my own, I finally got the ball down-field to my star catcher who waltzed in the first with one turn of the half to go.

The second half was much better for the Vampires and they managed to whittle the Elves down with a few crucial injuries - I'll be starting the next game minus one of my Wardancers and a random Line-elf. My usual thrower was out for the match and his understudy proved to be completely unable to throw the ball so the Vampires took possession and scored after a few turns of scrumming in the middle. We set up again and I pushed for a quick score to put the game out of reach but my TD pass was intercepted and the Vampires were able to convert it into a late winner. There was one turn left each and I needed a riot to give me the time to equalise but it didn't happen and instead we got a bunch of synch errors. Luckily the game registered as complete anyway. :cyanide:

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: September 02, 2012, 12:39:51 AM

I could do a write up about this game, but there is only one thing that most of you are going to take away from it...

Calvin is DEAD

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #78 on: September 02, 2012, 12:44:02 AM

Rock on!

Grats on finishing the job I started 3 seasons ago!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: September 02, 2012, 12:45:30 AM

I could do a write up about this game, but there is only one thing that most of you are going to take away from it...

Calvin is DEAD

sad face.

Alive not Dead win 4-1 losing Calvin the Legendary Menace

Game report in 6 hours.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 12:47:33 AM by Llyse »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #80 on: September 02, 2012, 10:02:46 AM

Oh man, that's harsh.  I'd probably just kill my entire team if I lost any of my star players.  I'll go drink a beer in his name!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #81 on: September 02, 2012, 02:34:26 PM

Calvin is DEAD

I said it before, and I'll say it here now: you've won this season.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: September 02, 2012, 03:57:12 PM

How did he die? The stats say no injuries or deaths inflicted.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 02, 2012, 04:32:38 PM

Those stats don't appear if its death by crowd surf.

I havent heard from Falconner at all, btu I'l admit I havent exactly been motivated to check very much.

Hic sunt dracones.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 02, 2012, 05:15:02 PM

How did he die? The stats say no injuries or deaths inflicted.
Llyse got a Blitz on the first kick, tried to have Calvin dodge past my line of Ogres and that was the end of him.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 02, 2012, 09:49:56 PM

So with Reborne's Wrestlers sitting near the bottom of the table versus Alive not Dead it was always going to be an uphill battle. Alive not Dead needed to win by 3 to overtake Teleku's Hippies for second spot.

With that in mind Alive Not Dead chose to take a reroll instead of Igor the terrible physician and at the time slightly regretted not putting in the extra gold for a wizard and win the toss electing to Kick.

Nuffle blesses Alive not Dead with Blitz! for the first play and being an important match takes the full time to set up blitzing a poor snotling on the right wing and setting up for a Dodge reroll for Calvin to go for the catch. Of course as mentioned, he fails the dodge, he fails the reroll, he falls on his neck and fails his regeneration roll. Thus ends one of the Legends of f13 Bloodbowl of 42 matches. Rolling with that loss though Llyse orders the Necromantic team on and an early injury of one of Reborne's Ogres beating up on a linezombie with Block gives Hobbes' a chance to step and open up the scoring 1-0 to Alive not Dead.

Alive not Dead setup again but this time it's Reborne with a one turn thrown snotling TD using only 1 reroll to equalise effortlessly. Alive not Dead receive and opt for a deep Quarterback play more commonly seen from Elf teams instead of the Undead. The Wrestler's respond with snotlings moving to attempt to harry the Benson. With two ghouls and Hobbes available though it's only a matter of time before a short Pass is thrown to Hobbes and it's 2-1. Snotlings are getting hurt though but both sides still have 11 bodies on the pitch each.

Worry about another 1 turn TD Llyse considers a deep formation to force dodge rolls to be thrown but finally decides not to defend against it in case Reborne goes for more standard caging Ogre play. The Wrestlers decide though if they can do it once they can do it again! This time though the snotling ball lands awkwardly on one foot and is carted off the field leaving the ball in the middle of the Unliving centre well defended by zombies and flesh golems. Receivers fan out to the wings and there's little that Reborne to prevent Hobbes scoring a third TD on the last play of the first half.

3-1 ahead Alive not Dead are in perfect position and perfect weather win by 3 TDs and opt for a more controlled advance. Snotlings are blitzed and now there are 5 angry red crosses in Reborne's injury box. With the numbers advantage it's much easier for Alive not Dead to control play. Eventually Ogres break free and down to 0 rerolls Benson runs in the 4th critically needed TD after playing with such precision as the QB of the team.

Reborne has a solid 3 turns to score though but Boneheaded failed rerolls and a pair of red skulls means there's a melee for the ball with Ogres and Undead grasping for the ball. Sid Vicious picks up the ball though and gets ready to run down the field for forgetting what he was meant to do. Atarin strips the ball from him and sets up for a 5th score. A 2 dice block to setup though is double skulls again and leaves no one in TD range. Ogres do no better and a pair of both down quickly turns back control. See an chain push, 2 GFIs scoring opportunity Llyse goes for it but Gui sadly falls short of the TD line.

Keeping in the fun theme of their team a hapless snotling attempts to throw a pass but it's intercepted by Dominic!

Thanks for the game and Best of luck in the fail offs Reborne!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #86 on: September 14, 2012, 07:18:31 PM

What's going on with the SirT v Falconeer match? I'll give you til Sunday evening to at least arrange the match otherwise I'll give it as a 0-0 draw.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 14, 2012, 07:27:27 PM

Falc seems to have abandoned us entirely. After his first game against me he's either not played or phoned it in.

Of course, Sir T has failed to connect most games or lost too.. so a draw would probably be likely.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 15, 2012, 04:28:45 PM

I havent heard from falk at all

And for the record i only failed to connect twice. every other time i lost.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:30:35 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #89 on: September 18, 2012, 05:32:52 AM

Ok, I'm going to give it as a draw unless there's a dramatic last minute call for an extension by Falconeer. He has about four hours until I get home and fire up BB to sort it out.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 7 40k and Tamurkhan Divisions Only  
Jump to: