Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:47:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 7 40k and Tamurkhan Divisions Only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 7 40k and Tamurkhan Divisions Only  (Read 19606 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: August 10, 2012, 04:08:47 AM

Hordes is now on day 8 and the other divisions have just advanced to the 7th and final match day.

Day 7 schedule

40k and Tamurkhan:

Hordes:

Day 6 Results

40k and Tamurkhan:

Hordes:

Rankings after 6 match days:

40k and Tamurkhan:

Hordes:

Deadline for day 7 is September 7th, this longer match day is because Hordes still have one more day to play after this one.

A bit of analysis as we are getting close to playoffs now.

Tamurkhan:
Nothing to say here, top 4 will qualify automatically. The order might get a bit scrambled as Ingmar plays Ulysees and I play Megrim but we're all assured of a playoff spot. Haemish can get a wildcard spot but he needs to win vs fellow rat fancier Satael and he needs either Proudft or Ezrast to stumble.

Current TD differences are:
Ironwood -14
Satael -12
Luckton -9
Haemish -3
Megrim/Ulysees +8
Ingmar +9
IainC +13

40k:
A bit more possibility for drama here. Lamaros has a tough must-win match vs the leader Brocktoon but he also need Teleku to beat or draw with Paelos. Beyond that it comes down to crazy tiebreaks for the last spot. He can still get a wildcard spot though.

Current TD differences are:
SirT -8
Reborne -4
Falconeer -3
Paelos/Lamaros +1
Brocktoon +3
Llyse/Teleku +5

Hordes:
Drogg is clearly in the playoffs with a 6 point lead and his last three matches are all against bottom of the table teams. While anything can happen in Bloodbowl, it does look as though he's going to go through with a perfect score.
Ramas, Ruvaldt and Avaia are currently jockeying for second place. Of the three Ramas probably has the easiest end to the season while Avaia has the toughest.
Comstar is close behind too although he has two tough matches ahead of him, if he can beat Avaia however then he vaults past him into fourth and gets into playoff contention properly.
Ezrast is in with a shot but he needs to do well and he needs some bad luck from the teams above him.

TD differences after day 6 (remember that only the first 7 match days count for wildcard playoff spots):
Bann -10
Gruntle -7
EricSwiftblade -6
Proudft -2
Comstar -1
Ezrast 0
Avaia +1
Ruvaldt +5
Ramas +9
Drogg +11
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:09:31 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:09:54 AM

Ruvaldt,

When you free? I'm on GMT+1 (BST), might have tiime Saturday, otherwise it'll likely need to be a weekday evening.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:43:44 AM

light the signal fires and let's do this, bann.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 10:08:59 AM

Gruntle, you are my fifth straight opponent who wakes up 8 hours late. I've available for the next few hours, also late your time Friday, early for me on Saturday.

Also, advance notice, I'm away 18th-27th, so Avaia, if this cycle looks like finishing early we should try and plan ahead to get day 8 done as soon as possible.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 10:11:16 AM

Ruvaldt,

When you free? I'm on GMT+1 (BST), might have tiime Saturday, otherwise it'll likely need to be a weekday evening.

Saturday could be good.  You're considerably earlier than I am, as I am CST in the US, but I have Saturday off so pretty much any time would work.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 01:38:10 PM

I'm away for a couple of days, but around most the time after that.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:59:33 PM

Ruvaldt,

Saturday could be good.  You're considerably earlier than I am, as I am CST in the US, but I have Saturday off so pretty much any time would work.

Ok, so if you play early Saturday that would be my late afternoon? Name a time and I'll make sure I'm around. Lets just double check we know how that time translates between time zones though, last time we were an hour out!

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 08:42:49 PM

I am -5 GMT so your late afternoon is my noon - early afternoon.  It's not that huge of a difference, really.  I can be on and ready to go at around your 6:00 pm, which would be noonish for me.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 01:19:07 AM

I am -5 GMT so your late afternoon is my noon - early afternoon.  It's not that huge of a difference, really.  I can be on and ready to go at around your 6:00 pm, which would be noonish for me.

Cool Noon/6pm it is.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 01:32:35 AM

Ermine Vermin - 3
Nifty Helmets - 2

Good game from Gruntle keeping me well penned in, but in the end a late one turn special from Cheddar Persille seals it.

First half was a straight forward 1-1 with the chaos team scoring turn 8, though notable that the rats held the ball for 5 turns without dying or scoring, I don't think that has happened before.

Second half an early turnover when a linerat chose not to wrestle gave the rats a way in, 4 rats around the ball and 5 beastmen weren't enough to stop Neville the Nose escaping to the line. The helmets grind out another TD turn 15 thanks to San-Gor, but an immediate response by Cheddar Persille made it 3-2.

For the Helmets Ri-mulgors reaches level 4 as MVP, and San-Gor's TD makes him level 4. The Vermin get a Stormvermin to level 3.

Serious Dave (line rat w/ wrestle) will miss the Bleating match, but no other serious injuries.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 01:57:27 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 01:36:24 AM

Surprising no handicappers, the Nifty Helmets lost to the Ermine Vermin.

No gutter rats were harmed in the playing of this game, wasn't even able to keep them in KO box, and thus their one-turn scorer was the deciding factor. (Didn't help that I unwisely used our one skilled CW to foul with in the first half, meaning he sat out a lot of the game in exchange for delivering a very temporary KO -- in my defense i thought i had grabbed one of the useless CWs, though all of them had the ST advantage).

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 12:42:59 PM

2-0 defeat against the ex-presidents.

Things started badly even before turn 1. I won the toss, chose to receive and he kicks it off pitch. Disaster hits as a bug stops me giving the ball to my thrower and it ends up with my Black Orc in the front line. I hold it for a while, but when 2 bashing teams meet where 1 have block, guard, dodge on most players and more strength 4 players (plus, horns, claws, mighty blow etc) there is only one possible outcome. Don;t get me wrong, my two Star Players helped, but he managed to KO the troll who didn't come back for the second half.

Comedy of errors sees the ball going everywhere, but eventually he grabs it and outpaces me bringing the score to 1-0.

Second half, I'm a troll and several other bashers down. I try and pressure him, but I just don;t have the strength. He beats me up and easily scores on his turn 16.

Good game, the bug was very frustrating, but I think he'd still have won.

I assume he'll post the game and stats as the winner.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 03:20:39 PM

Ex-Presidents 2 - 0 Orcboyz

It rained from round 1 to round 16; that alone should indicate the kind of game that Swiftblade and I played.  At one point I actually rolled five 1s in a row to pick up or catch the ball, and that was in a single round as it bounced from one player to another.

Swiftblade caught some bad luck, like he said and the ball ended up with a black orc.  I don't know how much getting his thrower the ball would have helped though; if he planned on throwing it the rain might have easily spoiled that.  I barely eeked out a TD on turn 8 after seeing Morg and Thorg grab the ball and begin rushing toward my endzone with it only to fail a gfi and give up the ball to Franklin Pierce.

The second half was more standard, but he did get a perfect defense event that complicated matters and made the Orcboyz made a few good plays for the ball.  With a lot of KOs and injuries piling up though he just wasn't able to hold back a second TD.

It was a good game, and I'm looking forward to those orcs getting some more spps.  He caught a lucky mvp on a black orc and had no permanents so that's good.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 06:27:52 PM

7 Deadly 2-1 Wissenland Whalers

The dice were pretty bad for proudft in the first half and the lizards did their usual bashy runny thing to reach a 2-0 lead despite being the kicker to start. Second half they got a bit too aggressive and lost the ball on a drive up the sidelines, giving up a TD to a long pass and some good ball handling. The humans couldn't penetrate the lizard cage in the remaining three turns, though, so 2-1 for me.

The only inducements were a spare apoth I didn't use, and no long-term injuries on either side (I did have to reroll a -1ST to a BH on a Skink).
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 07:46:28 PM

Skinks scampered everywhere, dodging to and fro and avoiding the burly humans for the most part.  The humans started to catch a few near the end of the game but it was too little, too late.   The Frenzy saurus surfed a couple humans as well, I probably only should have allowed one of those 3-4 incidents over the course of the game.  I knew somewhere in the back of my mind that 7 Deadly had a Frenzy guy but let it slip out from my memory before the game started and off went a catcher on pretty much the first move.  No permanent damage to anyone, however.

Bulkington the Ogre's debut was surprisingly effective.  Even though he failed a bunch of Bonehead rolls he still sent two sauruses off of the pitch with KOs and tied up the other heavy hitters fairly well.  It really makes me wish I had started with him, but who knew it would take like 10 games to afford the big lug?  The perils of a losing record, I suppose. 

ezrast uploaded it to the thingie, but here are the stats:
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 01:05:14 AM

I'm out of town with no BB until Saturday. I won't be validating or resetting any games until then.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 07:47:48 PM

2-1 in a bloody finale, wherein Bann almost breaks HHB's streak (and back) with some murderous luck and the tastiest chef the game has maybe ever seen.  he stole every reroll i had, both halves.

highlights include zebulon pike at one point blitzing down a skink, killing him, then dodging a prehensile tail and two tackle zones to scoop up the ball and run it down field.   also had to dig a grave for huasor, my poor level 2 saurus, who ate chain after i half-managed to save the aforementioned skink (lazit-qa, who now has a niggling injury and is destined for the glue factory).  thankfully, my lads gave as good as they got and took out three orcs in the first three turns, two of whom are permanently injured.  zeb eventually got his comeuppance as well, though i believe it was on a failed dodge and not a well deserved beat down.  if it wasn't for those casualties i'm pretty sure HHB would've gone down in flames.

my namesake naturally gets the MVP after boneheading six times, though he did somehow manage to catch the ball in a scrum at one point.  sigh.  kudos to bann for somehow doing more damage than ruvaldt and for sure forcing me to rethink what i was hoping would be a smooth coast to the post season.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 07:47:52 PM

Bleating | 1 - 3 | F13 Catfighters

The first half didn't do much - the Amazons dodged a lot, the Nurgle couldn't do much to knock them down, and the Amazon's grabbed the ball twice and got quick touchdowns once they got their hands on the ball. The second half the injuries started happening, with a star player killed (apoced to MNG), a BH, a Fractured leg and a few KO's allowed the Nurgle to get 1 consolation TD.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 02:28:26 AM

So HHB are champions, Presidents and Vermin need 3 points from the final two fixtures to guarantee qualification. 2nd place will probably be between Vermin and presidents, Vermin have harder matches to play but in case of matching results Vermin have h2h and tdd advantage.

The final automatic playoff berth seems to be contested by bleating, 7 deadly or catfighters, but they all have to play a top 3 side, which means the Whalers aren't out of it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:31:18 AM by eldaec »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 04:32:25 AM

Also, if we don't move to day 8 till Saturday then I won't be able to play Avaia till the 28th.

Avaia, if you are available then, we should book a time.

Can also do v early this saturday (UK time) if by 'saturday' Iain means a minute past midnight or something.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 07:49:16 AM

I'm at Gamescom sans Bloodbowl until late Friday night. I'll be able to advance the day then if all the matches are played but not before then.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 07:56:44 AM

Avaia, what's your availability like late your Friday night? That will be early morning Saturday here.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 08:44:37 AM

Avaia, what's your availability like late your Friday night? That will be early morning Saturday here.

Mostly sunny with a good chance of drunk.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 09:35:03 AM

Perfect Blood Bowl weather.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 02:58:02 AM

Avaia, once have an idea how your day is, let me know if you are/aren't able to play late your time tonight.

Don't mind alarm clocking it since it means everyone will get to day 9 sooner but let me know if it's worth me doing that.

If not I'll be available from about 1400 UK time on the 28th.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 11:30:21 AM

Can you define "late"?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 11:42:58 AM

6am my time is midnight yours (you're -6?). That's the earliest I'm capable of without dying.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 11:49:20 AM

6am my time is midnight yours (you're -6?). That's the earliest I'm capable of without dying.

I'm -0500 right now, I can do 01:00 my time.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 12:10:13 PM

-5 because of daylight saving (CST, so true GMT-5) or because you are on the coast so EST (which is technically -4 but people keep calling it -5?).

Apologies, I ask because people are bad at timezones and alarm clocks....?

Whichever way 0100 your time is fine.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 12:51:31 PM

Matches are validated and the day is advanced. I'll make the new thread soon.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 01:28:11 PM

-5 because of daylight saving (CST, so true GMT-5) or because you are on the coast so EST (which is technically -4 but people keep calling it -5?).

Apologies, I ask because people are bad at timezones and alarm clocks....?

Whichever way 0100 your time is fine.

CST, yeah.  I'm more fine with me staying up late than you getting up early.  swamp poop
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 11:43:04 PM

Avaia, if you do see this, still online for another 45 minutesish - after that getting on an aeroplane.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 10:59:02 AM

Going to have to try and catch you today or tomrrow Ingmar as I am away next weekend and with our time difference week nights for me will be unlikely.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 12:56:33 PM

Falc, if you see me on steam poke me and I'll play. I should be avalible whenever.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 05:20:30 PM

Going to have to try and catch you today or tomrrow Ingmar as I am away next weekend and with our time difference week nights for me will be unlikely.

Looks like I missed you by an hour today, I will try to get in front of the computer earlier tomorrow.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 7 40k and Tamurkhan Divisions Only  
Jump to: