Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Minethings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Minethings  (Read 92850 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #70 on: August 21, 2012, 05:28:50 PM

You must've placed as many listings as you had drills.  Luckily it's easy enough to buy another.

On the page for the thing, if it says something like:

Inventory: 3 in Alssa (incl. 3 listed)

it means that all 3 of the item are listed on the market, and can be bought.  If you want to keep one, make sure you only have 2 listings, so it looks like:

Inventory: 3 in Alssa (incl. 2 listed)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 22, 2012, 02:47:37 PM

Thanks. Somehow I must have accidentally listed them all or something.

I keep finding my miner half naked. :) I'm not sure at this point I'm making much money, but my miner is now half in greens, I've got a lot of stuff moving around, and I'm up to 5 melds. (Which is how I found out that adds time to your miner's clock too).
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #72 on: August 22, 2012, 05:15:38 PM

More melds gives you all sorts of other little boosts depending on your profession.

A problem I'm encountering with my grand merchant strategy is that goods are too slow to move -- when they do sell, they sell for a lot, but the demand is very sporadic.  That means I'm spending a lot of time just waiting around for my stuff to sell; I can't buy and ship more because my inventory is full.

Once my current batch of voyages is done, I'm going to switch back to Trader and start shipping my cargo around the land routes to try to sell it higher/faster.  The price jump on listings for goods between Massua and Alssa is pretty nuts, but again, the question is whether the stuff will actually move...

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #73 on: August 24, 2012, 05:19:16 PM

Quote from: Market
You bought Dill Seed(s)   2012-08-21 08:16:05
scarlett sold you 1 Dill Seed(s) for 3g in Massua.

Quote from: Market
You sold Dill Seed(s) 2012-08-24 19:47:42
dociletonez bought 1 Dill Seed(s) for 45g in Alssa.

(x5)

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 24, 2012, 07:14:29 PM

Dammit, I'm horsing around yellows on land -- which means I have tons of inventory space tied up in sales that'll take days to clear.

I really want a vehicle and a ship mine.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 25, 2012, 01:45:50 AM

I'm up to 30 melds now but I'm still just bouncing between trader and merchant. Spices/bugs from Massua to Alssa is the main enterprise but while I'm stuck as one profession or the other I send out other vehicles too. I'm almost well off enough to start shipping green items using the previously mentioned bubbling method.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #76 on: August 29, 2012, 07:40:26 PM

God dammit, one of my canoes got pillaged for the first time.  (Like Xan's donkey, nothing got stolen, just trashed -- the pirate must have been loaded to the brim with weapons or other pillaged goods.)  Luckily it was the one carrying 7 bugs that I paid 1gp each for, not the one carrying a load of M-80s that I paid 12gp for.

I have a dinghy... need to do the math on what I'd need to outfit it with to make it capable of outright sinking any pirate canoe that it crosses paths with.  Probably not worth the gold or the ongoing inventory space consumption, but it'd be funny.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #77 on: September 15, 2012, 08:59:24 AM

I'd be able to afford my second mine now if not for all the inflation between when I started playing and now.  awesome, for real

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 15, 2012, 12:33:36 PM

I'm still plugging away at the starter mine. Trading was fun, but I didn't want to break out of yellows yet. :)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #79 on: September 15, 2012, 01:07:57 PM

I'm doing a yellow merchant/trader combo, moving spices from Massua to Alssa.  On a good day I can buy stuff at 1gp and sell it for 35gp.

Fun trick I figured out: buy rickshaws in Franco, drive em to Alssa, and sell/trash em.  For 1-2gp a pop, it's not worth the time to drive them back if it delays me pulling in my next spice shipment from the island.

I also figured out a little too late that I could've hedged against gold inflation by buying chests.  Once I get my second starter mine that's where my profits will start going.

FlyingPlatypus
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 19, 2012, 01:00:17 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you use the code "starter" in the Shop, (sans quotations) you get a second starter mine for 1 week

Edit: Clarification
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:02:02 PM by FlyingPlatypus »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #81 on: September 19, 2012, 01:37:47 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you use the code "starter" in the Shop, (sans quotations) you get a second starter mine for 1 week

boo, "for new miners only".  Neat feature though.  I assume it's part of some ad or promo.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #82 on: September 21, 2012, 11:52:14 AM

I have two mines!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I've gotten efficient enough at moving yellows across the world that I've saturated the market.  This seems like a good time to transition to greens.  why so serious?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #83 on: September 21, 2012, 06:34:23 PM

In case anyone is wondering, I've just run some numbers on the mine and storage markets to figure out the gold:credit ratio.  Looks like the current exchange is roughly 50 gold per credit, which makes it 500 gold per $1.

An interesting thing about comparing those numbers is that some mines have lower gold:credit ratios in terms of market prices, suggesting that they aren't worth the number of credits they cost.  Avatars and mods both were more like 38 gold:credit (based on high bid). 

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #84 on: September 24, 2012, 12:02:19 PM

Morat.  I stay out of the Franco spice market, because I can see that's your turf, and I don't wanna show any disrespect.

Now I see that you have attempted to outbid me for a storage chest.

(edit) I got it for 440.  Woo 100 inventory spaces!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:23:20 PM by Samwise »

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 25, 2012, 04:25:33 PM

lol. :) I don't even bother looking. I'm just that pure capitalist. I destroy all! Besides, I low-bid that chest entirely because I didn't need it now and might pick it up sooner or later for cheaper than instant gratification. And I'm never planning on getting out of trading yellows, so if you want to mvoe up to the green market -- more power to you. I doubt I'll even dip my toes in.

Plan to eventually move to vehicle and equipment mines, actually.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #86 on: September 25, 2012, 04:41:56 PM

I've got a small fleet of green vehicles now, stagecoaches and scooters, and am attempting to move my first modest load of green equipment from Franco to Alssa.  Stagecoaches are cheap and move at the same speed as scooters (which hold a little more), so I use the stagecoaches as the "bubble".  We'll see how it goes.  The markups look to be way higher, AND the travel times are lower, so I'm hoping this gives my income a boost over moving yellow spices.

I too am planning to move into the equipment/vehicle mining racket at some point, but until I can save up enough I'm sinking my gold into starter mines so I can stay on top of inflation and mine a little extra in the meantime.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #87 on: September 28, 2012, 01:19:52 PM

Moving my first blue.   ACK!  400g investment (most of what I had in the bank) but I should make about 300g profit if I pull it off.  Hope the bubble is big enough.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 28, 2012, 02:41:42 PM

5-7 vehicles in a bubble has been enough for me to not get robbed. It helps if you send it at non-peak hours.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #89 on: September 28, 2012, 03:30:41 PM

I put six on each side of the cargo (total fleet of about fifteen).  Stagecoaches are cheap and I like playing it safe.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 28, 2012, 07:46:35 PM

Huh. I just realized sending back empty ships was a bad idea. :) Still, up to 1200 gold which is...better. :) Have a bid on another chest too.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 10:02:32 AM

Up to 3 (starter) mines now!  It's still a pretty low trickle of income, but at least now I don't have any mining bots sitting completely idle.

I think my next big investment is going to be more storage (a shelf, about 2000g for +50 inventory), and then I start saving for a vehicle mine.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #92 on: January 12, 2013, 06:30:04 PM

I'm probably the only one around here still playing this, but I wanted to brag that I just now traded up one of my starter mines to a weapons mine.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS 

Only took 5 months!  Of course for $15 I could have bought enough credits to have a weapons mine on day 1, but where's the fun in that?

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: January 12, 2013, 08:11:07 PM

I still "play" the game, in as much as I log in every few days, and see what crap I've dredged up that I've set to auto-trash.  I'm pretty sure I'm playing the game wrong, though.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #94 on: January 12, 2013, 08:17:53 PM

If you're a Worker, Banker, or Manufacturer, you're not missing out on much by logging in only once a week or so.

I've been messing around with Merchant, Bounty Hunter, and Fisherman, but those are still "log in once a day" professions since that's about how long it takes for a voyage to finish.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: January 13, 2013, 04:59:37 PM

I keep forgetting I'm playing. :) I've got two starter mines going and I'm saving up for a third. I really need a shelf, but the prices on those have gone fucking crazy. Currently sitting on about 4.6k, with a great deal of spices out. Market there has dried up, though. :(
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 14, 2013, 06:49:32 AM

Anyone active want to toss out a referral link (assuming you get something worth the referral)

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #97 on: January 14, 2013, 10:06:00 AM

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #98 on: April 03, 2013, 10:41:18 AM

Sitting at 62 melds and consider myself King of the Blue Traders at this point.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Have one weapons mine and two music mines active, and storing my cash in the form of starter mines until I can save up enough for my next big purchase (either a bug or a vehicle mine).

Anyone who was getting frustrated by trying to make the move from yellow to green should give it another go.  The recent change to have three tiers (yellow/green-blue/red-orange) as opposed to two (yellow/green-orange) has made a huge difference since now I can move my midsize fleet of greens around without getting curbstomped by one of the really big players who has twenty reds and a hundred blues to throw around.  My cheapass junks and stagecoaches can actually hold their own against most blues between being loaded up with weapons (which I have in abundance now that I'm mining them) and my meld bonus.  I've been using them to move blue equipment around, with a profit margin of at least 100g per item, and haven't lost a shipment yet.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #99 on: July 02, 2013, 10:52:49 AM

Yup, I'm still playing this.  Got a vehicle mine and a mod mine so I'm having fun experimenting with different mod loadouts.  Hoping to eventually assemble a small fleet of fast defensive blues that I can replace my massive green bubble with and free up some inventory space.

Been working on clearing the "won a yellow land fight" stone for a while by sending a fully modded out camel (optimized for defensive combat as best as I could figure out how to do that) back and forth.  Finally got a couple of highwaymen today.  If they read their combat reports they're probably wondering what the hell they ran into -- my dodge mods completely negated their offense and my attack mods tore through them like tissue paper.

Your vehicle was defensive and your enemy's was aggressive.
Your vehicle started the battle with 1.7 attack, 6.0 armor, 0.0 offense, 0.0 defense, and 3 dodge.
After 3 rounds your vehicle dealt a final blow of 1.7 damage and finished with 1.7 attack and 5.4 armor remaining.

You won.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

(edit) Also, if anyone is still operating a starter mine, prease to mine things, especially bolts, and sell them in Franco Thistle.  They're selling for 10g a pop easily right now.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:00:13 PM by Samwise »

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #100 on: July 23, 2013, 12:36:52 PM

Recent update added an interesting new mechanic -- sort of a PvP puzzle game.

Different people place different types of machines on the tiles to mine and collect oil -- some machines pull the oil out of the ground, some transport it, some collect it, and some exist only to sabotage other peoples' machines.  Looks like you can hook up a transport machine to somebody else's extraction machine and thereby siphon off some of their oil, hence the value of the offensive machines to mess with other peoples' stuff.  Machines have a limited lifespan, so territory is never claimed permanently.

The oil is an all-purpose buff -- you can apply it to your mining bots to make them mine faster, put it in your vehicles to make them faster/stronger, etc.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #101 on: April 14, 2014, 01:52:18 PM

Piloting my first helicopter.  Only took two years of play.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: April 15, 2014, 09:07:31 AM

Christ man, you're still playin this?  I seriously admire your focus.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: April 15, 2014, 09:08:45 AM

Don't even.  Sam is a worry.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #104 on: April 15, 2014, 10:57:46 AM

I don't think "focus" is the right word to describe this game since it actually requires you to wander off and not think about it for long periods.  Sometimes I forget about it for a couple of weeks and then come back to it and pick up all the stuff I mined, arrange some market listings and send off some vehicles, and then forget about it for a while more. 

Thus have I built my empire.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Minethings  
Jump to: