Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:10:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: X-Men: Days of Future Past 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: X-Men: Days of Future Past  (Read 57863 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: August 02, 2012, 03:48:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIRRt6mSMik

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Directed by Matthew Vaughan who directed X-Men: First Class.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 04:07:43 PM

<SQUEE>

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:10:05 PM

Can I get a Hell Yeah!

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27:09 PM

Well, this was unexpected. It will be interesting to see how much it ties in with the other films.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 05:47:54 PM

This story line with no Wolverine or Shadowcat?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:01:12 PM

Rachel Summers? Yes please.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 09:02:58 PM

Seems a basically good idea to me--time to bring the Sentinels in, for sure, and it's a story that works fine regardless of who your X-Men of the moment are. The baseline idea is, "Show the X-Men what's ahead and let them decide what to do about--and what will cause or not cause that future to come into being". Imagine showing Zionists and Jewish businessmen living in early Weimar Germany what's coming circa 1939 and then let them debate what they can do about it, same basic idea.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 09:22:16 PM

If they bring in wolverine strictly to kill him from what is probably the most famous pane from that comic, I'd be down.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 01:03:48 AM

Random question: What is that poster of in the background during the interview?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 07:18:34 AM

Random question: What is that poster of in the background during the interview?

the Hudson Hawk remake. Very different tone this time around.

Realistically, it's probably this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1730523/

If they bring in wolverine strictly to kill him from what is probably the most famous pane from that comic, I'd be down.

Also the cover, as I recall, but to be perfectly fair, that was an alternate timeline.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:50:35 PM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 07:27:12 AM

Also the cover, as I recall, but to be perfectly fair, that was an alternate timeline.

beer geek.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 02:58:43 PM

Very good news!  May have to break out my comics and re-read this. 

In other news why in the WORLD would anyone remake Hudson Hawk?  Is Hollywood so out of ideas they are remaking bombs now?
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 03:40:55 PM

In other news why in the WORLD would anyone remake Hudson Hawk?  Is Hollywood so out of ideas they are remaking bombs now?

You know that was a joke, right?

beer geek.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 04:05:09 PM

With the abundance of shitty remakes, it could very well be a reality soon.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 04:07:46 PM

I do now. :)  Reading comprehension 4tw
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

Amen. I loved Jackman's Wolverine but hate the character so much now. Seeing him skragged would be a highlight of this movie.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 11:04:49 PM

Aren't these movies supposed to be in the same timeline as Singer's movies though?
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 11:06:20 AM

It may have been a commercial flop, but the movie itself is fucking awesome.

Also, people who are excited about this movie are wrong. You should all be making a sad face. A sad fugee face.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 12:51:50 PM

Just adding my support for the Hudson Hawk movie.  Loved it!  That does not mean they should be remaking it..
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 06:15:18 AM

Only Willis and Aeillo (sp?) made it work.  I know it bombed but I liked it.

I have never played WoW.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 07:06:04 AM

Hudson Hawk.. there's a film I haven't watched in forever.

Loved the candy bar brigade.  It's also the only movie where Sandra Bernhard didn't ruin it with being an overt-the-top attention whore because that WAS the character.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 01:27:06 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic about this movie.

And +1 for Hudson Hawk. It's got a shitty rep but frankly I love that movie. The Candy Bar Brigade. The nun/secret agent. Singing songs to time heists. It's got so much...charm.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 04:02:44 AM

"How's my driving? Dial 1-800-I'm gonna fuckin' die!"

One of my favorite lines ever.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 05:39:06 AM

It's a better movie than cut throat island. Actually I think it did better in the theatres too.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 07:31:05 AM

It's a better movie than cut throat island. Actually I think it did better in the theatres too.

Indeed. Hudson Hawk made $17m, while Cutthroat Island made $10m.

beer geek.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 12:20:23 PM

Christ, that's a pittance.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 12:29:02 PM

A few of those $17 million are mine. Add me to the list of people who actually kind of enjoyed it. I've seen FAR worse movies in the theater.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 12:30:02 PM

Hudson Hawk was #70 at the BO in 1991. Cutthroat Island was #117.  awesome, for real

beer geek.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:57 PM

No details but apparently Matthew Vaughn is out as Director, replaced by Bryan Singer.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 02:21:39 AM

It's a switcheroo! Singer bowed out of directing First Class for Vaughn and then produced.  Now Vaughn is producing on Days and Singer is directing. 
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 07:28:54 AM

Ugh. While I was one of the few that did not dislike Superman Returns, I'm hoping we get something more like X2. But First Class was just so well done, that I'm apprehensive.

beer geek.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 12:18:42 PM

Apparently this is turning into a real "Days of Future Past" project rather than a based-on kinda thing.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ian-mckellen-and-patrick-stewart-return-for-x-men-days-of-future-past/

Director Bryan Singer just confirmed on his Twitter that Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart will reprise their roles at Magneto and Professor X in X-Men: Days of Future Past, the sequel to X-Men First Class which starred Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy as younger versions of the same characters. They’ll be returning too, along with Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult. The film is scheduled for release July 18, 2014.

beer geek.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 05:56:55 PM

Meh, I think Ian McKellen is a great actor but I hate him as Magneto.  Other than that though -  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 06:23:51 PM

Meh, I think Ian McKellen is a great actor but I hate him as Magneto.  Other than that though -  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Your wrongness has been noted in the building.

Actually, the problem with McKellen as Magneto (and with the writing as well) in the X-men movies was illustrated in the third one, when he just goes douche-tastic on Mystique because she's no longer a mutant. I have no idea if that was based on some scene in the comics or not, but in the movie it was so...blatant, heavy-handed, and utterly dickish that I'm pretty sure it was inserted entirely to keep McKellen's Magneto from sucking in the audience.

He was, at least to me, way the hell too compelling. I mean, I know shades of grey villians and all are in and that's what they were going for, but in the movies I couldn't help but think McKellen was making a better case than Stewart -- he was certainly the more compelling personality. (And I'm a big Stewart fan).

Writing in some pointedly dickish moves just to remind audiences "Don't root for Gandalf" does not seem unreasonable.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 09:58:19 PM

Magento, in the context of that time period, hated humans. So, it's not entirely out of character. Heavy handed, but it definitely has context.

beer geek.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: X-Men: Days of Future Past  
Jump to: