Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:18:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 6 All Divisions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 6 All Divisions  (Read 16019 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: July 31, 2012, 04:05:48 AM

Everyone has been awesomely efficient and finished their day 5 games well before the deadline so we are now on Game Day 6.

Day 6 schedule

40k and Tamurkhan:

Hordes

Results from day 5

40k and Tamurkhan:

Hordes

Standings after 5 days

40k and Tamurkhan:

Hordes

Deadline for this day is August 9th for Hordes and August 14th for 40k and Tamurkhan.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:55:20 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 05:07:29 AM

I remember our last game being a good one, Drogg.  When can you play?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 07:21:43 AM

This must be first time I can remember *not* hoping for ruvaldt's team to be ground into dust. What is this strange new feeling?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:02:22 AM

This must be first time I can remember *not* hoping for ruvaldt's team to be ground into dust. What is this strange new feeling?

I don't agree. Break his claws off, drogg!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 04:05:35 PM

Ezrast, bring on the lizard hate.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 04:17:06 PM

I have to say, Lizards are doing really well this season.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 06:21:33 PM

I remember our last game being a good one, Drogg.  When can you play?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
VENGEANCE  Mob

still PST, still around 7-10 PM most nights though tonight i may be spoken for.  poke me on steam!
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 11:00:05 PM

Gruntle,

When you free?

I'm away this weekend, so an evening (GMT+1) would suit me better.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 10:51:46 AM

Proudft, I gather you are another one of the 8-hours-slow types. If so, can you do 11pm your time tonight? (7am here)

Not sure I'll have much time at the weekend.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 05:17:16 PM

Gruntle,
When you free?

Sometime on thursday (your evening) work? We're on a 9 hour difference? I can probably play at noon or a little before, if around 2100 isn't too late for you to start?

-G
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 11:06:19 PM

Gruntle,
When you free?

Sometime on thursday (your evening) work? We're on a 9 hour difference? I can probably play at noon or a little before, if around 2100 isn't too late for you to start?

-G

That works for me, see you 9pm my time. Poke me on steam when you're ready, I'll be about.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 01:59:08 PM

Camp-town Orc Boyz met Nifty Helmets and had a bit of a fight. At a couple of points a ball became involved.

I chose to receive and things started well. I took the troll star player and some budweiser babes (not much else to spend 50k on, and playing v a bashy team). My troll kept his mino under control and my team were just a bit more stompier. Thankfully he'd got more tackle than block so his skill advantage wasn't as great as it could've been. I made a slow advance along the elft flank and eventually scored.

His ball, some more fighting, but I outnumbered him at this point (I'd injured a chaos warrior and knocked out some beastmen), so I made sure he couldn't score. His butter fingered beastmen even let me have the ball, but I didn;t have enough turns to score. He did brutally foul my troll though...

Second half and luck turns against me. troll doesn't get up (neither does my gobbo) and 2 Black Orcs succumb to blistering heat. None of his team succumb. I did my best to slow him down, but I was just overpowered. He did the decent thing and scored rather than force a draw, which I felt was good sportsmanship.

So, 3 turns to score, my troll and gobbo back (Black Orc and Blitzer off, he loses Minotar and another). Being so slow, and having to try and bash a hole I decide to go for a goblin throw. unfortunately he kicks the ball down field, I'm out of rerolls, make a bad block and don't even move toward the ball. Thankfully its out of his range, but he does his best to make it hard for me to pick up. No problem, I get hands to the ball, make a small throw to my gobbo (intending to get him next to my troll for next turn), but I fumble the throw. He takes advantage, manages to pick up the ball with an agi 3 beastman in my tackle zone, and dodges out of the way ending up 1 space from my TD zone!

No problem, I can get a blitzer to 2D block him and down he goes. My thrower can grab the ball, throw to the gobbo and i have a small chance of wiinning and good chance of drawing. but no, nuffle hates me, thrower fails to pick up. Beatsman bltizs, picks up and scores.

2-1 to chaos, really great game, luck played a huge factor, but he played very well using my bad luck to the fullest advantage (in fairness, he did also fail something like 6 wild animal rolls!). Think he is uploading the match.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 01:59:57 PM

Falc and I are supposed to play Saturday morning.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 03:21:31 PM

Swiftblade and I met in a game in which the Helmets at best should've managed a draw but due to obscene rolling at the buzzer squeaked out a 2-1 victory over the Orc-Boyz.

Swiftblade summed up the play pretty well, with two of my ST4 players sitting out this game, the Orcz had a small bashing advantage (made a little larger by my minotaur failing 6 of 11 wild animals in the game, eating a couple blitzes and one reroll) but the Helmets made up for that with unwarranted luck in dodging to play a fairly positional game. Couldn't stop the Orcz from scoring but in the new half, after 3 of the 4 KO'd chaos players returned to the pitch and two ST4 Orcz took heat stroke to join the troll in the KO box, the bashing advantage shifted pretty firmly to our favor and we were able to run one in. Then the heat stroke pendulum swung back the other way and we were fielding 8 again (losing the minotaur and some others to the heat) but since we were both almost out of rerolls when Swiftblade got a run of bad luck in failing to pick up the ball (with sure hands) and/or throw it, it meant goats swarmed towards the free ball near their end zone. With the goatman's horns and some crazy picking up the ball in coverage luck, the Helmets were able to somehow trip it in on their 16th turn to win the game.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:30:37 PM by Gruntle »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 02:27:35 PM

Vermin  - 2
Whalers - 3

Combination of good safe positioning from proudft and OH FUCKING HELL STOP ROLLING PERFECT DEFENCE EVERY DAMN TIME.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 02:41:28 PM

Match is submitted, the stats are:

The Whalers were looking forward to a team they wouldn't have to cower and hide from and bash on equal footing, but the rats turned out to have been throughly mauled by whomever they last played (avaia?), and it went from a hey-we-won't-get-murdered match to a rat-brutalizing.  The Vermin started with only eight on the roster (getting three loaners, of course, but, they suck).  Rat after rat got injured by blocks or dodges at various points, and one of the two gutter runners was KOed for two drives, which was especially important since with their roster so thinned out it was going to be Gutter Runner Day.

Before the game, I was pretty sure it would be high-scoring, and the rats had two one-turn TDs on their first possessions to really drive that home.  It didn't end up with a CRAZY score, mainly because when the humans managed to bring it to a 2-2 tie they decided to stall for a little bit and thump some rats to help reduce future scoring.  But Mr. Cheddar Oneturn McRatterson survived that, and the rats still had a fairly good chance to tie it up on the last turn but unfortunately rolled double skulls and it was over.   And the humans sighed a big sigh of relief.

Notes for the future: if your interface vanishes, alt-Z brings it back.  Also, Safe Throw doesn't really seem to work like it says.  Ahab had a risky pass at one point but said, hey what the hell, I have Safe Throw, at least it'll go downfield unless I roll a 1.  He rolled a 3, and promptly dropped it in an adjacent square.  Fortunately it was quickly recovered, but I guess that's more fuel for Ingmar saying I should have taken Accurate on him first.

I believe the humans will have enough gold to buy an ogre now, just in time for him to get eaten by a saurus.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 02:58:05 PM

Bann are you able to play this weekend? I keep messengering you in Steam but you're away.

Shortly after this Bann was able to play, but conceded early in the first half. Game 3-0.

I am unable to log games through BBmanager because there is no way to get your password back.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:53:12 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 09:42:42 PM

I think all you have to do is email the guy who made it, actually, he reset it for me at one point.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 10:11:39 PM

The Whalers were looking forward to a team they wouldn't have to cower and hide from and bash on equal footing, but the rats turned out to have been throughly mauled by whomever they last played (avaia?), and it went from a hey-we-won't-get-murdered match to a rat-brutalizing. 
you're welcome, though i'm gonna do the same to you pink skinned warmbloods  ZombieSigne
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 04:35:05 AM

I have Safe Throw, at least it'll go downfield unless I roll a 1.  He rolled a 3, and promptly dropped it in an adjacent square.  Fortunately it was quickly recovered, but I guess that's more fuel for Ingmar saying I should have taken Accurate on him first.

He shouldn't have thrown downfield even with Safe Throw.

A non-critical fumble with Safe Throw should mean nothing happens, ball is held and throw is cancelled. You needed 4+ with a -3 modifier. So if the skill worked then rolling a 1 should have been a critical fumble, 2-4 nothing happens, 5 for an inaccurate pass and 6 was a critical success.

I'm pretty sure the safe throw bug is that you only hold the ball if the modified result is exactly 1 and the natural result is not 1. If the modified result is less than 1 and natural is greater than 1, the bug makes you fumble.

In this case you'd have fumbled on 1-3, held on to the ball had you rolled exactly 4, inaccurate pass for a 5, and accurate on a 6.

Interestingly, if you had taken Accurate you'd have fumbled on 1-3, thrown it inaccurately on 4 or 5, and accurately on a 6. So, yeah, Accurate would have been a better choice in this case.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:36:37 AM by eldaec »

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 09:50:18 AM

Ah, interesting.  Well, good to know.  I'm a sucker for taking skills I've never seen before, just to see how they work out.  Fortunately this time it didn't cost me a TD.   Heart
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 09:36:43 PM

I got access to bloodbowl manager after sending an email to get the password changed. I can't upload the latest game but it should work for me again next match.

Edit- Working after a quick replay. Match uploaded.

Only 3 wins out of 6, losses to Lizard, Lizard and Rat. Despite having the highest TV score in the league unless I win all 3 remaining matches and 3 of the top 4 lose all theirs. And that's after playing Chaos, Chaos and Nurgle Chaos.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:50:42 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 01:55:25 AM

By my count you'll only end the round between 1 and 3  points outside the top 4. Also I'd be surprised if 12 points isn't enough for one of the four best loser spaces.

HHB has basically qualified already, the Presidents and Vermin will likely be at least lucky losers, but the other 2 or 3 spots from this division still seem pretty open.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:35:24 PM by eldaec »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 11:42:21 AM

Ugh, more rats.   swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 03:40:21 PM

And here I thought I had lizards today.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 03:48:19 PM

Am I hallucinating when I read that the Rat - Wood Elf game was a 7-0 shutout? I know I've only had one cup of coffee this morning, but god damn.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 06:38:49 PM

Hello Paelos!

Your 3 game winning streak ends here!

I'm GMT +9 which is crap so unless you have a day off this week it'll be annoying...
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 07:00:09 PM

Tele, when is the best time for me to kill some elves?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 09:18:34 PM

Well, we played, and we tied 1-1.  This is the first game in a long while where I wanted to throw my monitor out the window.  Need to sleep, so I'll let Lamaros elabroate.   why so serious?  But gg, non the less.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 09:22:05 PM

Many were knocked down, but no elves were killed.

Some bad mistakes on both sides, and some lucky and unlucky dice that ultimately had a significant effect. A riot in the final kickoff denied Teleku two turns to attempt to score, reducing it to one and ending the game in a draw.

Despite only the one loss it is now unlikely that the Goblins will be making it to the finals this season. Mistakes against Falc and Paelos have come back to haunt them, as has the inability to get a game played against SirT. (Game played fine against Teleku, so it seems clear now that the router issues are at SirTs end - given SirT lost his other three games, should Tele and I possibly miss finals on this account?).

Details follow:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:26:01 PM by lamaros »
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 09:39:59 PM

Well, we played, and we tied 1-1.  This is the first game in a long while where I wanted to throw my monitor out the window.  Need to sleep, so I'll let Lamaros elabroate.   why so serious?  But gg, non the less.

I know how you feel bro  Heartbreak
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 05, 2012, 09:42:56 PM

Pssht, I didn't even injure any of his elves, Tele has nothing to complain about. 16 knockdowns and so many piling ons, for one measly foul injury!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 12:58:05 AM

Am I hallucinating when I read that the Rat - Wood Elf game was a 7-0 shutout? I know I've only had one cup of coffee this morning, but god damn.

Yeah, the replay really has to be seen to be believed. I even dropped a couple of catches and fluffed a pickup or two. Ironwood was robbed of at least two TDs on his side though.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 02:50:07 AM

So the bad news is I am leaving next Sunday for 2 weeks of hoboing across Europe. I can certainly find the time to play my match with Reborne before that, but I will almost certainly have to forfeit my match with Sir T. Really sorry about that, I hate the idea.

Reborne, when can you play? Any chance we can arrange something for this coming Wednesday? What's your timezone?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 05:24:11 AM

VENGEANCE  Mob

still PST, still around 7-10 PM most nights though tonight i may be spoken for.  poke me on steam!

Sorry I couldn't attend to your imminent destruction sooner, drogg.  I'll be home at those times this week though; tonight, Wednesday and Thursday look like the best bets.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 6 All Divisions  
Jump to: