Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 6 All Divisions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 6 All Divisions  (Read 16022 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 06:01:21 AM

Brooktoon (whoevery you are) I await my murderation on steam. YOu see le poke me and we will have a game. I'm pretty much free anytime. Or send a PM if you want to arange a time

Hic sunt dracones.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 12:50:06 PM

My Norse team is fucking cursed.  I took out 7 rats and STILL Nuffle fucks my dice in the end to a 0-1 victory for Sateal. 

If anything, I finally got 3-4 level ups for my players from all the bashing, so maybe there's a chance for a fail-off comeback.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 06, 2012, 12:52:08 PM

Warp Cheese Disciples had sacrificed alot of cheese (and players, 5 injured) and so made the dark gods turn against the norse (worst luck with dice for Luckton that I've probably ever seen) leading to a bloody 1-0 victory.
(hopefully uploaded correctly)

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 01:23:05 AM

Any word from avaia vs ezrast? Only two days left.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:34:01 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 07, 2012, 01:43:12 AM

Someone messaged me to play last night and I guess I looked like an ignorant cunt, but I wasn't at my machine all night.

Drop me a line tonight we'll see if we can get it done.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 07, 2012, 02:23:59 AM

Ok Ironwood we are both UK based if I remember correctly so should not struggle to get our game played before the deadline. Will look out for you tonight.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 07, 2012, 02:59:59 AM

Ah, that's handy.

Will do.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 07, 2012, 05:00:24 AM

I feel slightly better about my epic failure of the Day 6 match.  I beat up and tossed around enough rats for three level ups, which have now been administered:

- My Dodging Runner can now Side-Step from the pushes and stumbles  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
- My Mighty Blow Berzerker can Pile On the armor/injury numbers.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
- My Mighty Blow/Blocking Werewolf now sports Dodge.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Things are looking up the Failoffs.  Knowing how Nuffle likes my team, though, I'm sure all three of them will be dead or needing to be fired by the end of my next match with Ironwood  swamp poop

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 07, 2012, 06:10:39 AM

Any word from avaia vs ezrast? Only two days left.

We are playing message tag.  Hopefully ezrast will be around tonight.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 08:36:55 AM

Sorry, I haven't been putting my usual effort in. I should be around all day today and tomorrow though.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 08:59:50 AM

I havent heard form my opponent at all

Hic sunt dracones.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 07, 2012, 09:54:16 AM

Sorry, I haven't been putting my usual effort in. I should be around all day today and tomorrow though.

I think we're both in central TZ, I should be available after 21:00 tonight.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 07, 2012, 02:54:41 PM

The Minizilla's 3 - Ironwoods Itchers 0

I lost the toss and Ironwood elected to let me receive and the first 6 turns were fairly even in terms of the dice and Ironwood did a good job of bogging me down however I made a break on turn 5 and when Ironwood failed to dodge into tacklezones to make his blitz I scored the first touchdown of the match. After this things went downhill for Ironwood as anything that could go against him seemed to and the only bit of good fortune he had was the weather changing to pouring rain meaning that my skinks were useless at picking the ball up which prevented a quick score after a failed block let me in to blitz the ball carrier on the first turn of Ironwoods drive and though i surrounded the ball and prevented Ironwood from making any progress I twice failed to pickup an unmarked ball which would have let me score again in the half.

The second half carried on where the first left off with a rock viciously taking out a gutter runner who was right next to where the ball landed from my kick off and once again I was able to swarm the ball and get a score on turn 11 after a skink finally remembered that his gloves were not made of teflon to pick the damn thing up. After kicking off again I was able to get a quick blitz on the ball carrier within a turn as another early failed block turnover opened the door for me, then some comedy mis handling of the ball gave a quick turnover back though there were 3 tackle zones on the ball and this is where Ironwoods rats showed my skinks how it is done making a dodge into 2 tackle zones and scoring a 6 to make the pickup though Ironwood wisely decided against pushing his luck further and left the ball carrier next to a suarus but moved plenty of support around the carrier.

I duly knocked the carrier on his arse but the ball just bounced off to another rat behind him and now it looked like there might be an opening as on his next turn he dodged the rat away and made a handoff to a lineman who also made his dodge and ran towards my end zone. Alas the score was not to be as I blitzed the carrier taking him off the field but my skink then manages once more to fail the pickup and a gutter runner tries his luck at snatching the ball, however while the skink couldn't handle the ball for shit he did know how to make dive tackles. taking the gutter runner down for the turnover and with skinks moved into scoring range all I needed was a succesful pickup to get the ball to safety which of course fails again but the skink then repeats his dive tackling heriocs to take the gutter runner down again ending Ironwoods match. I bash some rats, finally make the pickup and then to my utter amazement without any rerolls I also manage a handoff to run in a turn 16 touchdown to end the game.

A lot of rats in the injury box and I got 3 level ups, a skink, a saurus and my krox to set things up nicely for my final match against Ingmar. Match is submitted on BBmanager.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:00 PM

I managed to snatch a tie from the jaws of victory in a 1-1 match with Ezrast's lizards.   Heartbreak

Ezrast picked up an extra apothecary for the match.  I kicked off, and ezrasts lizards refused to block a few members of my team because of their extreme beauty.  Many skinks went down, 3 KO in the first half, as well as both his apothecarys being burned on a single turn.  I scored on turn 8 and held a 11-9 advantage going into the next half.

Things were looking pretty good, but a questionable dodge left me a bit vulnerable.  And by a bit, I mean very.  After a wonderful chain push set up a +mv skink to score, the game was tied.  Somewhere along the way my sole tackler (part of the -av rotter brigade) was killed.  Rotters die well, he also suffered ANOTHER fractured skull in the process.

I suppose there was a chance for me to score in the last two turns, but I didn't advance far enough to give me the unlikely chance.  I did, however, replace my rotter when I killed his -av, dodge saurus.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 07, 2012, 10:27:07 PM

7 Deadly 1-1 Bleating

First half was particularly frustrating, with seemingly absurd block and injury dice from Avaia, the 2-minute turn time leading to an embarrassing sack when I didn't move my ball handler out of blitz range in time, Bleating's one player with Tackle somehow managing to wreak havoc on all my Skink's dodge attempts, and to top it off a permanent -1 MV to Sonneillon, my ball handler and highest level player (my quack of a wandering apothecary nearly killed him). Bleating plodded down the field for a turn 8 TD, and only one of my KO'd players woke up at half-time, leaving 7 Deadly with 9 players on the pitch against Bleating's full-strength team.

Bleating's catcher caught 7 Deadly's high kick on the fly, but had to run all they way into his own endzone to do it. The Nurgle team's spacing on the line of scrimmage left room for a Saurus and a couple Skinks to try to sack the ball carrier, but when the attempt failed I was nearly ready to concede the game - my entire team was tied up or on the ground, and there was plenty of space on the pitch for Bleating's high-Agility Pestigor to trot downfield with the ball. Then, in one turn, everything changed. In a flurry of perfect dodge and block rolls, 7 Deadly went from tied up on the ground to stealing the ball and caging up midfield. I even managed to kill that bastard of a Rotter with Tackle. Still outnumbered, I knew we had to score before being overwhelmed. Fortunately Bleating suffered a turnover after getting only one marker near my cage, and I was able to use that marker as chain push fodder and score a TD the very next turn.

With only a few turns left, it was unlikely for either of us to score another TD and break the tie. For a moment it looked like Bleating might do it, but again I rolled a lucky block on his carrier and was able to cage up with the ball. Stuck on my own side of the pitch, though, the only way to turn it into a score would be for some epic Skink dodge-run-and-pass bullshit to happen. It didn't, and the game ended 1-1.

Final injuries to 7 Deadly -1 MV to Sonneillon (which is very troublesome; I want to keep him around but if anything more happens to him he probably won't be worth the TV) and Death to my Saurus Belphegor (which I didn't mind so much; he had -1AV anyway and I had given him Dodge for some reason). Injuries to Bleating included Death to his Tackle Rotter (though Belphegor will be taking his place, the traitor) and -1MV to an unleveled Pestigor. So we came out pretty even on that front as well.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 05:39:49 AM

No answer of any kind from Reborne yet  Ohhhhh, I see.

I am leaving in two days, and I'll be out for 2 weeks as I said. There's a slim chance I might be back in time for the match with Sir T (which I suggest you do not consider conceded until the official deadline is over), but it bothers me that me and Reborne might miss the chances to play our game.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 11:19:40 AM

How is Saturday evening your time, Iain?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 11:42:19 AM

How is Saturday evening your time, Iain?

Saturday evening is tricky for me. I'll be at work during the day and I have a dual leaving do for some colleagues in the evening so am unlikely to be in a fit state to play Bloodbowl afterwards. Friday evening (can be quite late) or Sunday would be better for me.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 12:08:20 PM

I might be able to get the game in late Saturday night my time/Sunday morning for you - we're going to the opera Sat. night and I'm not 100% sure when I'll be home after that but I will check in. Sunday is right out due to D&D.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 01:31:01 PM

Lost 2-0 to Brooktoon. Things basically went as usual. My first move resulted in a touchdown when the ball slipped out of the hand of my "sure hands" runner. After that it was mostly my players getting up off the ground after the previous turn of Brooktoon rolling wall to wall defender downs. I only held him off with some really and I mean really jammy dodge rolls I dont think I failed one, but of course I slipped and fell on go for it rolls. I got my usual *roll apothecary for -1 AV injury, other result is DEATH" rolls. He scored on the last turn of the first half. And after watching him walk through my Dwarves like they weren't there at the start of the second half I conceded, but I let him take the SPP for the touchdown. He played well.

This game hates me. After what 4 fucking seasons of wall to wall shitty dice I have had it. Sorry for being whiney again but come on this isn't fun any more than getting smashed in the face repeatedly is.

Hic sunt dracones.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 04:09:42 PM

This game hates me. After what 4 fucking seasons of wall to wall shitty dice I have had it. Sorry for being whiney again but come on this isn't fun any more than getting smashed in the face repeatedly is.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 05:24:02 PM

Hey, no problem Sir T.  The level of competitiveness is fairly high in our league now, with a lot of very good players, and teams that are really high TV.  It makes starting out anywhere near fresh very tricky.  The dice are also aggravating, and if your not having fun, you most certainly shouldn't be forcing yourself to play.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 05:38:34 PM

Apologies for not checking on here for the new match, the week has gotten away from me.

I've just sent Falc a reply to the PM and will be on Steam for the rest of today in case he is able to play.

Thanks to Luckton for poking me about this last night.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 09, 2012, 08:34:29 PM

HHB assassinates the ex-presidents 1-0 in a close game won by armor rolls and caution.  that, and the good lucks and rugged charisma of their coach, of course.

scariest match of the season abetted by getting an early injury on fillmore and a bunch of convenient KOs.  almost made it 2-0 but failed a last GFI; pretty typical HHB operating procedure.  kudos to ruvaldt for staying scary even with seven players on the pitch, somehow.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 09, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

That's the last game for Hordes, rite?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 10, 2012, 02:38:44 AM

And I think that means drogg is 3 points short of becoming Hordes champion.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #61 on: August 10, 2012, 03:48:26 AM

Hordes is now on Day 7. New thread up imminently.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #62 on: August 10, 2012, 05:51:36 AM

Good match against Drogg and he definitely got some revenge from our match last season.  It was tough to come back from an early injury and an inability to take any lizards off the pitch in a substantial way.  I only KO'd one skink and badly injured Drogg, the Krox, who got apoth'd back into the match.  Truman and Fillmore were both absent from the second half.  It was a good game, and I'm rooting for Drogg to go undefeated...only to be destroyed by me in the playoffs.

Whoever plays me next lucked out: Millard Fillmore is out with a groin strain.  I'll be hiring a temp to take his place.  Maybe LBJ.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #63 on: August 10, 2012, 08:18:54 AM

I PM'ed Megrim a few days ago to try to set up a game, but haven't heard back. Going to look for him when I can this weekend. The 15-hour time difference is going to be an issue.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #64 on: August 10, 2012, 09:21:12 PM

My playoff chances are done.

Insatiable 2 - Zellar Dwellarz 0

This game could have gone either way, and I had the best injury dice ever (inflicted 4 injuries to 3 - very good for rats). But the 6 vampires on the pitch really made a difference. I also made quite a few questionable blitzes and blocks with the dice against me early that turned it over too many times. He took the first kickoff and his first block killed one of my useless linerats. I delayed him a little, but the vampers couldn't be stopped and he scored first. I had time to score an equalizer but couldn't. All game I found things I should be able to do (pass, dodge, pickup the ball) I couldn't while I was able to injure and knock guys out. Weird weird game. The second half started with me getting the ball but making a really stupid 2-dice against block with the ball carrier standing right on the halfway line ass out. From there, a second score was almost inevitable. A riot on turn 13 that pushed the game clock back one turn gave me a chance to at least get a tie, but my inability to dodge, pass or pickup the ball killed me, preventing even a consolation TD.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 11, 2012, 11:42:26 AM

Beardstorm! wins 2-0, setting up the battle for first place against the lizards next game day.

Beardstorm! | 2 - 0 | Fianna Chulain

Teams
Beardstorm!Fianna Chulain
Race : DwarfWood elf
TV : 21602010
Treasury : 370000190000
Rerolls : 43
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 109
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Beardstorm!Fianna Chulain
Score : 20
Touchdowns inflicted : 20
Touchdowns sustained : 02
Passes : 01
Catches : 11
Interceptions : 10
Knockdowns inflicted : 150
KOs inflicted : 40
Injuries inflicted : 50
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 20
Yards gained passing : 1674
Yards gained running : 8630
Ball Possession (%) : 6033
Own occupation: 2970
Opponent occupation : 7029
Note of the match: 16/20
Spectators: 35000

Iain's inducements: 150k on wizard

The dice were... not tremendously kind to IainC. Not so much in the distribution sense, but his bad rolls all came seemingly at the worst possible time. His lightning bolt on my runner fizzled with a 1, he made leaps and dodges to start every move, only to fall over on the last roll he had to make several times, got hurt on failed dodges, etc. I intercepted a pass.  why so serious? Of the 8 injuries he sustained, only 5 generated SPP for me (1 was a push admittedly.) This result was in spite of a couple fairly egregious play errors by me, the worst being my failure to check if I was receiving or kicking the first half, setting up to kick when I was receiving. This (combined with Iain's surprising me by not scoring in 2 turns every time he had the ball) ended up causing my deathroller to only be on the pitch for 1 turn, and it never threw a punch. I should probably just fire the damn thing, but I can't bring myself to.

My 2 lagging starters (a runner and a lineman) both had unexciting levelups, so I go into my match against Ulysses giving away 210k.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:44:25 AM by Ingmar »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #66 on: August 11, 2012, 12:13:39 PM

Ingmar and I played in a game that was almost a complete mirror image of the last Elf outing. In my last game I just couldn't stop scoring, in this one I couldn't even get a hand on the ball.

I kicked to Ingmar who thought that he was kicking so had left his Deathroller off the pitch. He quickly recovered though and locked enoigh of my players up that he was able to make an almost unsupported run with the ball towards my endzone. I had a heavily marked Wardancer in range and my thrower so I figured I'd use the wizard to lightning bolt his runner, grab the ball with my thrower and score a quick TD. The lightning bolt missed so I went to plan B which was Wardancer to the face. Unfortunately she failed her Leap to escape from the crowd of Dwarfs, failed the reroll as well and the Dwarfs were able to make a rare sprinting touchdown after injuring a random Line-elf for funsies.

Second drive was a bit more dramatic. My star thrower was off the pitch having failed his KO roll so I had an agi5 guy standing in as his understudy. I get a bunch of players into the Dwarf backfield and prepare for a routine 2 turn TD. The Dwarfs mark everyone up as expected but I'm looking good. There are two markers on my catcher but if I can blitz the one with Tackle away then it should be a simple catch and dodge to score. I I wardancer the offending Dwarf and get a double both down (both of us have block), I reroll it because I really need a push and get another double both down. Never mind, the catcher is going to need a 3+ to catch with a reroll even with two TZs on him and I still only need a 2+ for the dodge so it should be safe. I throw the ball but he fails the catch (if I'd got the push on the blitz he'd have caught it though), the ball bounces around a bit before ending up in Dwarf tacklezones. Dwarf swarm the ball and grab it then throw but the throw goes wide. I clear some room at the top of the pitch for a catch then rush in with a line-elf to grab the ball, he gets it out from under the nose of a Troll Slayer clsoe to my touchline then injures himself dodging away. Dwarfs regain the ball and power towards the endzone. A hero blitz takes the Dwarf with the ball down on my last turn, another line-elf grabs the loose ball and throws it to a heavily marked catcher. The throw goes wide but ends up in the hands of a very surprised (but also heavily marked) Wardancer. She's next to a Diving Tackle Dwarf so she elects to Leap out of the tacklezones and then walk the two or three squares to the Dwarf endzone to tie the score. That was the plan anyhow but obviously it didn't work that way, she fails the leap and that's the half.

Second half the Dwarfs again leave the Deathroller off in anticipation of a fast Wood Elf score. The usual dodging through lines of Dwarfs happens and I'm set up for a simple pass and score in my next turn - my thrower is back so it's a good bet that things will go well for me. The Dwarfs injure a Wardancer and I use my apothecary to keep her in the game and then I blitz the Dwarf marking my catcher. Crucially I only get a push, which moves him out of the tacklezone for my catcher but puts him in the interception arc for the pass. He then intercepts the throw. Not content with that particular stroke of luck, the Dwarf then decide that they want the pitch to themselves and injure three Elves in the following turn with another leaving the pitch the turn after that. I'm now not really able to contest the ball, the Dwarfs have a strong cage with lots of Guard, I don't have a Wizard any more and only four players on the pitch. The Dwarfs trundle towards the endzone in what appears to be an unstoppable wave. Then there is a glimmer of hope. Ingmar decides he wants to level up a different Dwarf to the one who currently has the ball so he hands off and fluffs the catch. The ball is not in a good place for me to get at it, but it's certainly easier than trying to get it out of a Dwarf's hands. I get my Wardancer down there and fail to pick the ball up needing a 4+ with a reroll. The Dwarfs push back and cause more damage to my team - by now I have two players on the pitch - but fail a pickup with their Sure Hands guy. I get another shot at it and I can just about grab the ball, throw it and score to tie the game with one turn each to go. Wardancer gets to the ball and then fails the GfI to get onto it. The Dwarfs don't take any chances, they pick the ball up then walk it over the line.

One turn each left which are both inconclusive, I earn my only SPPs of the game by making a short pass and the Dwarfs blitz a Wardancer to no effect after putting their Deathroller on the field finally.

At the end of the game I had 6 players in the injury box and two KOd, two more had recovered from being KOd for the last turn kickoff.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #67 on: August 12, 2012, 04:51:11 PM

Llyse and I played. I lost 2-1 because goats can't dodge and Calvin the Menace is menacing.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #68 on: August 12, 2012, 06:40:26 PM

2-1 win to Alive not Dead after some technical difficulties!

So this match was always going to be bloody considering the experience of Alive not Dead and the hunger and strength of South Park Smackdown.

Alive not Dead won the toss and elected to receive and got an Quick Snap for their efforts repositioning their team slightly to avoid the immense scrimmage line of SouthPark. Gregor smooshed a Chaos Warrior's face which bode well the Living Dead. Paelos returned the favour taking badly hurting Vincent the kicker. However there was enough of a gap for Alive not Dead to score the first touchdown.

Southpark Smackdown completely overpower the Flesh goblem and zombie line and breaks the Hound's jaw before caging up. Slowly Southpark rapetrain trundles down field and Mr Hat deals a nasty kick to Gui who is very sad with a smashed collarbone. Nuffle decides that he prefers Family guy and shatters the Worldtree network forcing a regame in 5 hours time.

Paelos takes a reroll and bloodweiser girls as inducements again for the regame but wins the toss this time and elects to receive and also gets a Quick snap for this choice. It's your standard running game and although Alive not Dead line is holding (albeit barely) Southpark are making steady ground but leave the wings slightly open. Alive not Dead decide to go for it and send both Werewolves on each flank towards the surehanded Goaterback.

They get knocked down and stunned and it's left to Atarin the stalwart Wight for some fast fancy fullback footwork to stop the Runner play 30 feet from the endzone. He's swarmed by Cartman the large fingernail clawed Minotaur though and is brought down as Southpark equalise just before halftime.

Alive not Dead have a nothing play before the second half. Alive not Dead are down a player as is Southpark before they receive the kick. 1-0 down in the pouring rain they receive an out of bounds kick but indecision by Coach Llyse means Gregor the slow arse Flesh Golem elects to start with the ball on the line of scrimmage and a running rumble starts on the right side of the field.

It's a weird cage of Ghouls, Werewolves and Undead parts and SouthPark knock the ball out only for it to be surrounded by grasping hands of the Undead. Slowly but surely an opening occurs and Calvin the Menace likely Hall of Famer equalises for the Necromantic team keeping Llyse's playoff hopes alive (not dead!).

Southpark have a solid 3 turns to score though and elect for a strong centre but the pouring rain gives hope for the hungry werewolves. With time slipping away Alive not Dead rush for the ball again but Calvin doesn't bring down the Goaterback burning Alive's last reroll for naught. Atarin shows quick feet in the wet to be a critical part of Quarterback rush and Paelos can't seem to get away from the persistent Legend.

With Atarin's help the ball is knocked loose but Calvin can't make the pick up in the wet! And so Southpark has to knock down Calvin but he's stable as a statue and with zero rerolls, a Blitz, Calvin finally makes the pickup for the deciding score giving Alive not Dead the win.

A few more free blocks lead nowhere and Mr Hat receives the MVP award as a small consolation prize from Nuffle for making Gui sad.

Major props for Paelos for playing the rescheduled match and props to IainC for being all Commissioner-like.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: August 14, 2012, 01:37:38 AM

Apologies for not checking on here for the new match, the week has gotten away from me.

I've just sent Falc a reply to the PM and will be on Steam for the rest of today in case he is able to play.

Thanks to Luckton for poking me about this last night.

Did this happen, or all we all in limbo until further notice?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 6 All Divisions  
Jump to: