Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:16:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Random, Newbish Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random, Newbish Questions  (Read 46560 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #105 on: August 03, 2012, 01:56:04 PM

Uh, ok.  So I'm going through the Illuminati flashback thing and I tried to rearrange my shotgun skills.  One of them disappeared and I can't find any way to get it back again. The 'Character Skills' and 'Ability Wheel' menu things don't bring up any windows to get the skill back again.

Edit: also, is there any reason to *not* just leave sprint on all the time?

Restart or just run through it?  You can't fail but there are a few things you have to kill.  This is probably a Funcom thing, so I'm assuming there's no graceful way around it.

It would be nice if you didn't have to resprint after combat, but you do.  I don't find many reasons to ever have it off.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #106 on: August 03, 2012, 01:57:09 PM

Yeah the only thing I can think of to try otherwise would be relogging (which I'd guess would restart it anyway thinking about it.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: August 03, 2012, 02:03:15 PM

It was the cone shotgun blast thing I lost but I was still able to finish it.  I have to wonder though if someone were even more stupid than me and lost all their skills what they could do?

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: August 03, 2012, 02:05:31 PM

Restarting it would *probably* work - they're not really "your" skills as you'll find out a bit further on. (Also you will be annoyed to discover that the real version of powder burn has no knockback!)

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: August 03, 2012, 02:51:53 PM

I wasn't planning on using shotguns anyway.  Maybe something like Blades/Blood or Blades/Chaos.  We'll see how much I can gimp myself as I try to figure things out.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: August 03, 2012, 04:37:06 PM

Both are good, though Blades/Chaos suffers from no ranged attacks.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: August 03, 2012, 05:38:57 PM

Just got into this. Fun, but it runs like ass on my system. Apparently I am right at the minimum specs: Q6600 2.4Ghz, 3Gigs RAM (1 died), GTX 460. I'm fairly sure my old HDD and low amounts of RAM are to blame. But any tips on improving performance, besides the obvious turning shit to low and buying more RAM? Didn't see much on the official forums.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: August 03, 2012, 05:40:51 PM

It's actually running better than I thought it would for me.  I upped my setting to medium and it's running fine.  If it still runs well in more populated areas I might try upping some of the settings a bit more.

Question: is there any way to assign colors to any of the chat channels?  That would make it a lot easier to pick out channels and whatnot.

Over and out.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: August 03, 2012, 06:48:59 PM

So I remade my character since I didn't like the name.  I wasn't very far in anyway (only past the Tokyo flashback thing) so no big deal.  I started the flashback thing again, and decided to move a couple of abilities on the hotbar again being REALLY SUPER CAREFUL to make sure the ability was lined up perfectly on the bar.  Lost the healing ability anyway, of course.  Which means I can't heal the NPC dude and advance the mission.

Logged out and logged back in.  Upon logging back in, *all* the abilities are gone so I have *none*.  Plus both doors of the subway car are closed so I'm trapped in the car.

Way to put your best foot forward here, Funcom!

Over and out.
Rasix

Reply #114 on: August 03, 2012, 06:51:59 PM

You'd think after the first time you'd stop moving abilities.  Once you see a Funcom bug, assume it's reproduceable.

edit: I'll see if I can reproduce that tonight for giggles.  I'll make some sort of templar throw away character. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:54:37 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: August 03, 2012, 06:55:13 PM

You'd think, right?  I mean, it's totally my fault that there's a literally game breaking bug that's really easy to fall into within the very first mission you get.

This is exactly why I didn't purchase the game to begin with.  Oh well, off to something that actually works.

Over and out.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: August 03, 2012, 07:36:36 PM

While I do agree that it's pretty sucky to have a bug like that in a tutorial mission, I must admit that I find it sort of hilariously anal that you would bother moving your temporary abilities around for what you already knew to be a 5-10 minute tutorial mission, especially given that you were conscious of the fact that you had to do so carefully since you knew about a potential bug.

Edit:  To clarify, I'm really not saying that that makes it an ok bug to have.  I'm just making fun of your behavior as a completely separate thing.  Just so we're clear. ;)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: August 03, 2012, 07:47:47 PM

Oh, I know my behavior isn't typical.  But I've been playing MMOs for so long that my fingers automatically go for particular kinds of abilities by rote on the keyboard, so it's actually hard for me to play with abilities just kind of placed at random.  

That a game stopping bug like this made it out of beta is just mind-boggling.  I got in touch with a GM and he literally had no idea what I was talking about.  The only 'solution' he was eventually able to come up with was 'can you log out and come back later while I research this?'  That's the first time in all my years of MMOs that a GM has told me to leave the game because he didn't know what to do.

Over and out.
Rasix

Reply #118 on: August 03, 2012, 07:56:35 PM

Well, it's the first we've heard of it here. Could be a result of the 1.1 patch

-Rasix
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: August 03, 2012, 08:24:20 PM

Yeah, I actually think that might be the case, as I'm almost certain that I logged off without incident during that mission several times (fiddling with driver settings) and nothing like that ever happened.  Could very well be new.
Rasix

Reply #120 on: August 03, 2012, 09:53:06 PM

Reproduced it and submitted a bug report.  I was able to do it right away once you get kneecapper, but getting the heal and others to disappear took quite a bit of swapping.  If you move abilities around during that mission, it's probably best to not drag them over one another (or just don't do it for the short time it takes to finish).

-Rasix
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: August 03, 2012, 10:44:02 PM

I only lost multiples when I had logged out and logged back in trying to see if that would bring back the lost heal.  When I logged back in *all* the skills were gone and I was trapped in the reset subway car.

So if this is a new bug from the recent patch, that's more forgivable but it's also really, really unfortunate timing on their part with the trial weekend and all.

Over and out.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: August 03, 2012, 10:46:29 PM

Yeah, I actually think that might be the case, as I'm almost certain that I logged off without incident during that mission several times (fiddling with driver settings) and nothing like that ever happened.  Could very well be new.
You actually don't even need to do the mission, if you turn around and go to the other closed subway gate and click on it, it'll allow you leave and abandon the mission with no foul effect.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #123 on: August 04, 2012, 02:18:58 AM

Except skipping an important part of the story.

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #124 on: August 04, 2012, 05:36:01 AM

Turns out there was a bunch of Kingsmouth I hadn't finished -- some missions from the Orochi folks, missions from the guy at the airport (including a fun high-xp investigation mission), and a mission or two from Deputy Andy (who could use some counseling...). 

I'm still stewing about builds and want to experiment more, but having been through Polaris once, done the Motel missions twice, caught up on Kingsmouth missions, and with 60AP and 30SP to spend and all of the inner rings of Assault Rifle, Blade, and Elementalism unlocked, I'm feeling good.  Those akab still mess me up a bit though ^^
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: August 04, 2012, 06:34:22 AM

Quinton, do not skip the dungeons. Very easy to get a group going from General or LFG chat. Also f13 custom channel. They are too good to be missed. Also, big rewards, but they are awesome even without the rewards. The Orochi couple up north is the entrance to the first one. Overlook motel in Savage Coast is the second.

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #126 on: August 04, 2012, 06:51:02 AM

Definitely not skipping the dungeons.  Did Polaris with Seraphim and Segoris (thanks again guys!) and have some friends that want to run it so I'll probably be there again this weekend.  Hit the one from the motel after (in a PUG, recruited Seraphim to tank when they couldn't find a tank in LFG).  Both were a blast.  Looking forward to going back (I need more blue itams!)

I love that pair of Orochi Group MIBs - they're a riot.

Ah, perhaps not clear from my previous post -- once I figured out I had a pile of uncompleted content I went back and completed it.  This is not a game where I want to leave missions undone and dungeons unexplored.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: August 04, 2012, 07:10:16 AM

Awesome. I like that there's an achievement for each zone basically telling you if you did all the quests or missed something (at least all the quests that are not green/sides).

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: August 04, 2012, 11:27:58 AM

Why is part of my exp bar gold and part of it blue?  I was assuming there was some kind of rested thing going on, but the ratio of gold/blue never seems to change.

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #129 on: August 04, 2012, 11:49:49 AM

AP is gold and SP is blue.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: August 04, 2012, 12:50:48 PM

AP is gold and SP is blue.

Not quite. The bar is split into three segments. While a segment is filling it's blue and when it's full it turns gold and you get an AP. When you fill the whole bar you get a SP (and an AP I think but not 100% positive).
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: August 04, 2012, 06:51:55 PM

An entire bar is one SP and three AP.  It's divided into three so you can see when you've earned the AP, which is the gold portion.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: August 04, 2012, 07:09:02 PM

So the blue is what you've earned, and the gold is the last AP you got?

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: August 04, 2012, 07:22:03 PM

No, just ignore it entirely, its nearly meaningless. I keep meaning to look and see if there's a way to just not even show it, it has no value.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: August 04, 2012, 08:34:20 PM

Quinton, do not skip the dungeons. Very easy to get a group going from General or LFG chat. Also f13 custom channel. They are too good to be missed. Also, big rewards, but they are awesome even without the rewards. The Orochi couple up north is the entrance to the first one. Overlook motel in Savage Coast is the second.

Do they get better? Because Polaris was, I dunno, fine as such things go in MMOs, but nothing about the story or layout or anything jumped out to me as particularly special or different - if anything it was the most WoW-y experience I've had in the game so far.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:43:16 PM by Ingmar »

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #135 on: August 04, 2012, 10:08:19 PM

Do they get better? Because Polaris was, I dunno, fine as such things go in MMOs, but nothing about the story or layout or anything jumped out to me as particularly special or different - if anything it was the most WoW-y experience I've had in the game so far.

Are you serious, what about the ending?  That came out of nowhere and was awesome.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #136 on: August 04, 2012, 10:44:15 PM

The ending didn't seem particular MY GOODNESS WHAT A TWIST to me, no.

God Save the Horn Players
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: August 04, 2012, 10:51:41 PM

Are you serious, what about the ending?  That came out of nowhere and was awesome.

This.  I was grinning like none other at the end of polaris. 
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #138 on: August 04, 2012, 10:56:13 PM

Maybe I have just been doing this too long, but I sort of saw that coming. I thought to myself, "That was FAR too short and nothing interesting happened at all." Then the end happened and I was like, "Ah."

Glad other people got excited over it, though!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

God Save the Horn Players
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: August 05, 2012, 01:23:16 AM

What's cool about Dungeons, and Polaris to begin with:

1) No trash mobs. First time in any MMORPG I've ever played. That alone makes them the best instanced dungeons I've ever played.
2) Very strong theme, carried out with voiceovers and cutscenes. Unique open environment. Lore hunting is another sweet bonus. And the final twist is hardly just OK considering I (personally) never witnessed anything like in any other MMORPG. Dungeon over, oh no it's not! Awesome final battle ensues with a boss and mechanics that most games would keep for higest level raids.
3) Boss battles that require you to think and adapt right away (Unless you went in with an overgeared group). Not from level 50, or 30. From the beginning of the game.
4) Did I mention no trash mobs? This deserves two spots. It's just that awesome.

All good if you are not impressed, but I am curious about what are your favourite dungeons ever, in any game of your choice, so I can get an idea of what scale you are using.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:25:01 AM by Falconeer »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Random, Newbish Questions  
Jump to: