Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 4 All Divisions. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 4 All Divisions.  (Read 18574 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 09:24:03 PM

Plus, if Teleku's computer causes the fail he should be the conceder.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 05:08:01 AM

I've been trying to contact Modern Angel every 15 minutes for 5 days in a row now. I even set an alarm to prevent me to fall asleep so I could make sure he gets his reminder every 15 minutes 24/7, but he never gets back to me. We'll play as soon as he finds the courage to write em back.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 16, 2012, 05:48:12 AM

This is patently false. Your mendacity will get you a black eye on the pitch.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 16, 2012, 07:33:47 AM

Llyse had 4 guys for most of the second half. When the sun shines, goblins have a party.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 08:56:53 AM

I think that makes me out to be more competant than I actually was, but fair enough.

The odd bit of the match was one of my rats running to the front and then fouling someone for no reason.

No idea what went on there.

I don't think your play was that incompetent. Your block dice put you on the back foot more than enough times that recovery was hard. The foul that got your guy sent off was really bad - I just figured you misclicked the space with the guy on the ground due to Cyanide's shit UI. As someone whose dice often fuck him more than his stupidity (though that certainly happens on more often than not), I can say that you didn't play any worse than me. You just got no breaks on dice. Your Ogre being as worthless as mine didn't help at all.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 10:40:20 AM

Oooh, upset!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 05:17:25 PM

Oooh, upset!

Haha, fair play to Lamaros he earned a solid win albeit with some good luck but overall he made sure there weren't going to be any last minute heroics.

I'm just thankful I didn't get any long term injuries, damn shifty goblins refusing to die!

What is the lowest rank to make the playoffs? Because I'm real danger of going to the failoffs  why so serious? DRILLING AND MANLINESS
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 16, 2012, 06:47:09 PM

Oooh, upset!

Makes up for my bad luck in the first game against Falc I say!
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 07:24:58 PM

My Nifty Helmet's met Bann's Explorer's Club! Orcs in a 1-1 draw.

He bashed us good -- we were only fielding 8 of our 13 players for the second half, and while we lucked out with only one real injury (niggle apoth'ed to niggle) our minotaur was badly hurt in the first turn and was then another expensive non-factor for the entire game...

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 16, 2012, 09:59:48 PM

HHB ekes out a victory over 7 Deadly 2-1.  My first stat up, Carnoslat, scores both TDs and gets MVP while Drogg boneheads four times and playfully slaps around a few skinks with no effect. 

first half started with a blitz and ezrast almost catching the ball he kicked off, then escaping my cage and almost running it in before i managed to shove his skink off pitch with a lucky frenzy.   once i had my claws back on the ball i was eventually able to get through ezrast's line thanks to guard and a few good hits before scoring on turn 8. second half kicked off with a touchback to ezrast,  whose s break tackle/block saurus effortlessly threw off a diving tackle skink and pummeled his way into the end zone for a early score.  it left me with enough time to recover and pound my way back into the end zone, where i almost lost the initiative with a trip (sure feet is worthless) but managed to recover it with a bit of luck and a good set of blocks.  final score on the 15th turn and we punched each other in a send off salute.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #45 on: July 17, 2012, 10:33:03 AM

I think I deserve a new grief title here on the forum. Something like "GREEDY AS A NOOB".

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 11:36:46 AM

You were right to hide behind The Secret World, Drew. You got crushed by the GREEN TIDE
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 05:53:37 PM

Well my PC has arrived, and appears to work!  So I can once again play.  However, SirT, for week days the only viable time in the day for me to play a game starts at about 6 PM my time, which is 11 PM your time.  So if that works, we can try it the next few days.  If not, lets try and hit each other up Saturday or Sunday.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 07:30:40 PM

Reborne and I played. It was a 1-0 win in favor of me, although a lot of it had to do with Reborne catching a bad break late when he caught me in a mistake.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 18, 2012, 10:09:24 PM

Whalers lose to Bleating 0-1, for a season record of 0-4 and lifetime 1-1-8.  Humans may have been a bad choice....

The first half was absolutely awful - injuries everywhere right off the bat and Griff the Star Player being fairly useless.  Then the Nurgles got greedy and tried to handoff the ball on the goal line and dropped it and failed to score.  So the second half started 0-0, and things actually started to turn around.  Griff got to be amazing twice, and if the humans had not been previously-thinned-to-eight they may have actually been able to pull it out (and avaia would regret that handoff for HIS LIFE).

But sadly outnumbered, the humans were finally scored on, and the game ended with another loss.  But at least the nurglebeast KOed himself on the last turn for some comic relief.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:25 PM

I was just trying to remedy the unskilled Warrior.  I figured if it failed, I still had another turn with +AG, extra arms dude and a reroll.  I probably should've known better...

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #51 on: July 19, 2012, 12:05:22 AM

No Halflings to pick on this time, Megrim.  We're doing this for realz!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Although more than likely you will still kick my ass tongue

I should be around to play this weekend (give or take a day). And I didn't exactly kick your butt last time - more that I had enough sense to get at least a couple of players away from the trees.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 19, 2012, 05:03:45 PM

Well shit, we have a problem.  I'm in some very nice temporary housing/apartments, which give free internet.  However, that means I no longer have a personal router, or any control over ports.  So of course SirT and I just attempted to play, and when either of us tried to invite, we got the port blocked error.  Anybody else run into a situation like this and find a work around?  Strazos may have been put into these same apartments when he also joined the Foreign Service, so I'll message him to see if he knows anything.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 19, 2012, 05:37:10 PM

I've just used my mobile as my Internet with some success for such times.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 12:34:39 AM

Yeah I have managed to play many BB games using tethered 3g from my phone.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 12:21:19 PM

Ruvaldt's presidents continue to elude me. Late tonight GMT, or early tomorrow could work, but I'll be unavailable tomorrow afternoon till Monday. What's your availability like Ruvaldt?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 01:50:03 PM

Sorry I haven't been available much, Eldaec.  50 hour weeks at work and the wife came in from out of town so I've had that going on.  I really lost track of time on this match.  Early tomorrow GMT would be late tonight for me, I think (-6 GMT).  I could conceivably sneak out of bed to play a Blood Bowl match, yeah.  How early is early tomorrow GMT?

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 02:27:53 PM

Hmm, ok, I'll see if I can buy a mobile hotspot.  I imagine it could come in handy in my new line of work anyways.

-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 20, 2012, 05:09:59 PM

Sorry I haven't been available much, Eldaec.  50 hour weeks at work and the wife came in from out of town so I've had that going on.  I really lost track of time on this match.  Early tomorrow GMT would be late tonight for me, I think (-6 GMT).  I could conceivably sneak out of bed to play a Blood Bowl match, yeah.  How early is early tomorrow GMT?

I could set an alarm for 6am, so midnight with you.

Alternatively, could start a game as late as noon - so 6am for you.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #59 on: July 21, 2012, 04:05:52 PM

Looks like Monday!  Or late Sunday for me.  I work from 7:00am to 6:00pmish, but if the game needs to be late at night that's fine.  I get up pretty early, actually, so if it was 5:00am for me that would be doable.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 21, 2012, 04:36:16 PM

Ok, got my iPhone setup so it can be used as a mobile hotspot, though have to wait for verizon to enable the service.  Hopefully that means we can play Sunday sometime SirT.

-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 23, 2012, 02:01:05 PM

Looks like Monday!  Or late Sunday for me.  I work from 7:00am to 6:00pmish, but if the game needs to be late at night that's fine.  I get up pretty early, actually, so if it was 5:00am for me that would be doable.

Online now, but midnight UK time is about the latest I can do before collapsing. 5am would be 11am my time, something like that would be possible wednesday if we don't get it done beforehand.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #62 on: July 23, 2012, 02:10:40 PM

I'll be home in two hours if you're still around.  Might be pretty late for you though, I think that's midnight or something similar.  Your mornings are possible for me also.  If we can't get together today that Wednesday noonish game is a good option.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 23, 2012, 04:17:11 PM

Vampires schooled the Norse 0-2.  In other news, the sky is still blue  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #64 on: July 23, 2012, 04:17:56 PM

Ymiron's G6 crew 0 - 2 Insatiable.

He did kill a Thrall though. Stupid Thrall.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 23, 2012, 05:36:43 PM

Ermine Vermin 4
Ex-Presidents   1

Too late for a proper report.

But rolling 40% of my block dice as defender down helped.

EDIT : uploaded as day 1 because I suck at internets.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:51:45 PM by eldaec »

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #66 on: July 23, 2012, 05:38:46 PM

Ermine Vermin 4
Ex-Presidents   1

Too late for a proper report.

But rolling 40% of my block dice as defender down helped.

Woo! Always good to see the big guys go down especially against Skaven!  Heart
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #67 on: July 23, 2012, 05:46:59 PM

Brutal match.  I've never been knocked down by Skaven like that.

Eldaec took me down a peg after an 11 game regular season winning streak.  I walk away from the match pretty happy though; I leveled some goats and got Calvin Coolidge several steps closer to his own pair of claws.  Every dark cloud has a silver lining and all that. 

Eldaec played the better game though, awesome block dice or no.  I hope to meet up with the Vermin again in the playoffs.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 24, 2012, 08:19:16 AM

Needs more deaths!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #69 on: July 24, 2012, 09:04:24 AM

I killed one of his linemen.  Does that count?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 4 All Divisions.  
Jump to: