Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 4 All Divisions. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 4 All Divisions.  (Read 18573 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: July 24, 2012, 09:06:10 AM

Dead Rats Do Not Count.

Sad but True.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: July 24, 2012, 09:43:20 AM

That linerat had set up both my first half touchdowns with a blitz to make way for Cheddar Persille's trademark 13 MA sprints to the line.

He will be missed.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #72 on: July 24, 2012, 10:22:28 AM

All games played so far have been validated and Hordes division has been advanced to Day 5. We are waiting for the Teleku v SirT match before the other divisions can be advanced. Going to give it as a 0-0 tie unless there's a firm commitment to get it played in the next day or so.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #73 on: July 24, 2012, 04:29:24 PM

For the record I'm out camping this weekend with lots of Whisky so I'm out for Day 5 when Teleku and SirT is sorted
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #74 on: July 24, 2012, 05:26:55 PM

I will be available any time after 5:30'ish eastern time the next few days.  That's a bit late for SirT though, so not sure if it will work for him.  Also need to test out this hotspot stuff, so I'll post if there is any issues with that.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: July 25, 2012, 03:36:15 PM

Sorry for the delay, I finally got my hotspot stuff setup (I purchased the stupid service from Verizon on the weekend, but then it took them several days to activate the damn thing).  Tested it with a random game in auld world league, and it worked fine.  So I'm good to go from here.

Not sure if we'll be able to get a game in before Friday evening though.  Looks like he may have logged off for the evening tonight.  I'm free in my evenings, but its around 10:30 PM SirT's time when I get home everyday.  I really don't want to force him to stay up late for a game, so might have to wait till Friday/Saturday if its inconvenient for him.  If that is a big issue, then you can go ahead and just tie us I guess.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #76 on: July 25, 2012, 03:46:21 PM

Facepalm

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #77 on: July 26, 2012, 12:48:48 AM

I need to know today that it will be played by Saturday.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: July 26, 2012, 02:14:30 PM

We shall hopefully play in about 15 minutes.

-Stephen Colbert
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: July 26, 2012, 02:37:57 PM

Welp.

Apparently they use different web code to connect players on private league games than they do with the public league games.  Still getting the same error with my connection when trying to play SirT, no matter who invites.  I'm out of ideas, so go ahead and award SirT the win, and advance the day.

For that matter, looks like I'll probably have to drop out of the league unless somebody has any final ideas.  I can't see any way for me to get access to a connection where I can do port forwarding, or port 16962 isn't apparently blocked (is it possible to port forward on the iPhone?  Google isn't helping after a quick glance).

So....yeah.

-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #80 on: July 26, 2012, 02:43:25 PM

Only the host needs to forward their ports.  As long as you're able to play against people who can forward their ports and send you invites to the game from here on out you should be fine.  I played in the first two or three seasons from a graduate dorm and I had no control over port forwarding; everyone was just nice enough to forward their ports and send me challenges.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #81 on: July 26, 2012, 02:45:09 PM

I don't forward ports, and I've hosted tons of games. There's something strange with their net code for sure.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: July 26, 2012, 03:17:10 PM

I invited him and no dice.

Hic sunt dracones.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #83 on: July 26, 2012, 03:21:04 PM

Alright, I'm going to award it as a 0-0 draw as there was an effort to play from both sides.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: July 26, 2012, 03:25:45 PM

Sounds fair.

Hic sunt dracones.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: July 26, 2012, 03:26:55 PM

Yeah, I had forwarded my ports at my old place.  Had no problems playing games.  I'm assuming SirT is still on the same setup hes been playing at the start of the season, and he hasn't had any problems.  Then I move and try to play a game, and keep getting the error that port 16962 is blocked and we cant connect.  So obviously its on my end.  But yeah, no idea how to handle it, as my only option for internet is provided for us at this facility.  You would think the iPhone would work because its not going through a router or anything, but it still gave me that error (though again, I tested it on a match in the public Auld World league, and it worked...).

Guess I can test it on who ever I play next, though I'm sure the same results will happen.  Hopefully I can think of some work arounds within the next game days time.

Or perhaps Cyanide could try to find somebody not French, retarded, or both, to code their game?

-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #86 on: July 26, 2012, 03:36:14 PM

Hit me up at some point for feeder league games Teleku, maybe we can figure out what's going on there.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: July 26, 2012, 03:57:01 PM

The problem I've had occaisionally is when my phone or some other device grabs the internal IP that my PC is usually on.

The incoming connection is set up pointing to an IP and I've had problems when that becomes the wrong IP.

Your issue might be completely different of course.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: July 26, 2012, 04:14:48 PM

Yeah, I had forwarded my ports at my old place.  Had no problems playing games.  I'm assuming SirT is still on the same setup hes been playing at the start of the season, and he hasn't had any problems.  Then I move and try to play a game, and keep getting the error that port 16962 is blocked and we cant connect.  So obviously its on my end.  But yeah, no idea how to handle it, as my only option for internet is provided for us at this facility.  You would think the iPhone would work because its not going through a router or anything, but it still gave me that error (though again, I tested it on a match in the public Auld World league, and it worked...).

Guess I can test it on who ever I play next, though I'm sure the same results will happen.  Hopefully I can think of some work arounds within the next game days time.

Or perhaps Cyanide could try to find somebody not French, retarded, or both, to code their game?
i think there's something up with Sir T's connection too, tho - i had the same problem when i went up against him a season or two ago and i can't remember if we managed to resolve it or not.  my guess is that whatever it is, its at the ISP level.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #89 on: July 27, 2012, 08:15:32 AM

I don't forward ports, and I've hosted tons of games. There's something strange with their net code for sure.

Yes, their net code sucks monkey balls dipped in hollendaise sauce.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: July 28, 2012, 11:50:01 AM

*ignore this post like a dufus I posted the write up in the wrong day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 4 All Divisions.  
Jump to: