Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:41:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Outfits! The Share & Showoff! thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outfits! The Share & Showoff! thread  (Read 120840 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #175 on: July 23, 2012, 11:35:00 AM

Taking outfits away is not going to really promote uniqueness, guys.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #176 on: July 23, 2012, 11:35:09 AM

I too am a big fan of limited availability.  I'm already seeing far too many outfits that look alike in the world.  Anything to promote uniqueness is a good thing.
Limiting selection isn't promoting uniqueness, but quite the contrary -- between the standard player churn and small selection of stuff the players du jour can obtain, you're more likely to see the majority wear the few things which happen to be available at the time they joined the game, narrowing overall variety.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: July 23, 2012, 12:07:56 PM

Taking outfits away is not going to really promote uniqueness, guys.  Ohhhhh, I see.

If I'm wearing something that is no longer available, then it limits the chance that someone else will be wearing it as well.  Right?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #178 on: July 23, 2012, 12:24:39 PM

It's not as if there's a shortage of outfits, and it lets vets have some degree of uniqueness.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #179 on: July 23, 2012, 12:26:11 PM

Sure, other people can't wear that one specific thing, but instead they'll all be milling about in the three outfits that aren't hateful that ARE available.

It narrows options, there's no way around that. And I am against narrowing options.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: July 23, 2012, 08:15:47 PM

Once you get out of the newbie zone, few people dress alike and most of those are deck or faction outfits.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #181 on: July 23, 2012, 09:39:00 PM

It narrows options, there's no way around that. And I am against narrowing options.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: July 23, 2012, 10:51:41 PM

I think you're both sort of right, as each view matters at a different point in time.  When there is a low number of overall desirable "looks", removing options means that many more players will be using the remaining options than would be otherwise.  More players will look (roughly) the same.

The flip side of that is that the removed looks now have an artificial cap on how many people have them.  In the world, that number becomes even lower as not everyone with an exclusive look actually wants to use it.  More players will have fewer people who look (roughly) like them.

The problem with that is that I don't think the volume of desirable looks is high enough at this point to let the latter really kick in.  It's definitely high enough in say, WoW, where even incredibly easy to get outfits (like mine) are hard pressed to find twins running around.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #183 on: July 24, 2012, 02:36:54 AM

The problem with that is that I don't think the volume of desirable looks is high enough at this point to let the latter really kick in.
That, and as typical players get bored with a game after few months and move on, these "no longer available" looks are effectively removed -- it may please the one guy who's clinging to the game for 1-2+ years that he can be the single snowflake in pink tutu, but as he's precisely that, a single snowflake, his impact on how varied the players look overall... is next to nil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: July 24, 2012, 07:01:52 AM

I ran a highly scientific study (sitting at the Agartha zone-in) and saw two people dressed the same, in some deck outfit hoodie thing. Two others had on a similar newb black coat. Everyone else ran the gamut from cowboys to mercs to schoolgirls. I'm not buying the idea of a low volume of desirable looks.

Anyway. Less pointless conversation, MORE OUTFITS. I'm still wearing my awesome god leathers, so I don't count  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #185 on: July 24, 2012, 07:16:05 AM

There should be some new stuff in the Evil Item Store with today's patch. Reports?

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: July 24, 2012, 08:41:05 AM

There should be some new stuff in the Evil Item Store with today's patch. Reports?

There better be some God damn hats. Mob
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: July 24, 2012, 08:46:18 AM

Needless to say... no new stuff.

There's hope though, last week they added it on Wednesday, outside of the patch. Weird.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #188 on: July 25, 2012, 07:33:26 PM

Tonights trip to hell, sponsored by our tourguide Palmer

In alphabetical order: Khulan, Leanan, Palmer, Ranieth, Tressa

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: July 25, 2012, 08:00:33 PM

Am I the only non-ginger in our girly group?
Ogodei
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: July 26, 2012, 01:48:31 AM

Am I the only non-ginger in our girly group?

I got black hair under that hood! (Khulan's player here, just registered for this place)

And here is my desert/egypt outfit:

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #191 on: July 26, 2012, 06:56:28 AM

Ogodei! :O From UO?

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Ogodei
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: July 26, 2012, 07:40:36 AM

Yep! Palmer pointed me here. How have you been? Are you in TSW too?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: July 26, 2012, 09:14:15 AM

Goddamned UO players!

(Sky was my character on UO Atlantic)
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: July 26, 2012, 09:56:39 AM

UO sux ... Finnvarr on Sonoma
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: July 26, 2012, 10:06:47 AM

Chesapeake here. That was 15 years ago, dammit.. before we even had Euro Servers. Name was Lefteye, silver haired black girl. Go figure.

Also, that's the game that taught me the blissful world of paperdolls, or how to stop caring about mobs and dress your avatar in style.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #196 on: July 26, 2012, 10:27:35 AM

Good old times!

I can still remember that first time I was PKed, but forgot to whom I was in-game married to. Not sure what that means....

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: July 26, 2012, 10:20:52 PM

My new Witch Hunter outfit.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #198 on: July 26, 2012, 11:28:28 PM

Yep! Palmer pointed me here. How have you been? Are you in TSW too?
Coolness :) I'm around in TSW from time to time, yeap - though I'm pretty casual about it. Character name "Miyuu" (Dragon).

Sky: Once an UO player, always an UO player :P Or some such. I think the game actually spoiled all MMOs I've played since. :/ All the most memorable moments in my MMO-playing history are from UO, and the communities I became part of (First around Yew in Atlantic - then in Deepwater on Europa) were unlike anything else I've experienced since. Sad Panda Anyway, screenshot thread, so... my character's desert-wear, night and day (though both screenshots taken during night):

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #199 on: July 27, 2012, 12:50:56 AM

I like the witch hunter outfit!

My Templar is slowly but surely shooting for the paladin deck. Why? Because I like the outfit.  why so serious?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: July 27, 2012, 01:08:55 AM

That's a completely legit way to choose a deck! (says the gal that went for Puritan just for the outfit)

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #201 on: July 27, 2012, 02:17:39 AM

Looking over this thread again, I realized my Templar looks a lot like Rasix's semi-Sarah Palin, only my Templar's hair is browner (and I took off her glasses). I prefer to think of it as "she looks vaguely like I do," though. I picked the Sarah Palin hair because it was the only hair that looked like it would really long if she let it down.  why so serious?

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:09 AM

That's a completely legit way to choose a deck! (says the gal that went for Puritan just for the outfit)

Thats how I'm doing it.  Crusader is next!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: July 27, 2012, 09:11:46 AM

the communities I became part of (First around Yew in Atlantic
I was an early member of the Yew Militia!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS Serpent's Cross Tavern ftw.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: July 27, 2012, 09:16:26 AM

Good old times!

I can still remember that first time I was PKed, but forgot to whom I was in-game married to. Not sure what that means....

Death before marriage.  ~Fin

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: July 27, 2012, 10:25:54 AM

My Templar is slowly but surely shooting for the paladin deck. Why? Because I like the outfit.  why so serious?

Theres a link somewhere around here that will show you what all the deck outfits look like for each faction and for both male and female characters.  I can't remember where it is now.
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: July 27, 2012, 10:58:21 AM

Theres a link somewhere around here that will show you what all the deck outfits look like for each faction and for both male and female characters.  I can't remember where it is now.

Yokai has screenies of I think all the deck suits. Dulfy's fashion also has most of them along with the various achievement clothing rewards.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: July 27, 2012, 01:04:29 PM

Had some fun with teal.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: July 27, 2012, 03:37:41 PM

Also fabulous.

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: July 27, 2012, 04:01:40 PM

Not really an outfit but figured I'd stick it in here in case anyone wants to grab it...Alienware t-shirt giveaway. I think you'll need to create an account to grab it (I already had one so don't know for sure)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Outfits! The Share & Showoff! thread  
Jump to: