Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:44:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you don't like.  (Read 174951 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #210 on: July 24, 2012, 07:06:36 AM

Pistols are so OP in Kingsmouth. I was farming the golems by the airport with QL1 gear, hell mostly newb QL0 talismans.

In SC I've been dying more regularly, usually due to crown whites, so I should know better. But I've gotta try. So far the questing has been fine, a couple bad adds if I get a bit too loopy with my circle strafing. If I had a pocket tank or healer, it'd be much easier, I'd think.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: July 24, 2012, 09:23:44 AM

Game doesn't seem like it's a game that wants me to duo with Ingmar, which makes me a little sad. Like we could duo, but ... I don't know. Just doesn't seem like it adds anything, so we'd just as soon do our own thing, since that means Ingmar can dart off into the woods to talk to a squirrel or something if he feels like it, and I can die 600 times to zombies because I suck at pistols.

Also, crafting gives me a headache, but that is probably more because I am dumb than anything.  why so serious?

Kingsmouth is sort of the newbie zone.  Theres not much there that requires grouping or grouping makes easier.  The next zone, Savage Coast, and beyond is completely different story.  I've never been killed so many times in an MMO in such a short period of time.  I've died more in TSW so far than the last 2 years or so of playing WoW and SWTOR combined.  You will die and die often after Kingsmouth if you go solo.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: July 24, 2012, 10:47:07 AM

In SC I've been dying more regularly, usually due to crown whites, so I should know better.

I wonder how we'd play differently if we couldn't see NPC difficulty. I would certainly die a lot more, so maybe that would just be annoying. (Or maybe stealth would be more important? You have no idea if that zombie will rip you head off .. or die when you sneeze on it)

- Viin
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #213 on: July 24, 2012, 10:56:10 AM

The whole "better with a duo" thing is another reason why I thought you and Ingmar would have liked this game.

The issue for me is it doesn't seem to *support* duoing very well, what with the solo instances and such. SWTOR sets a really high bar on the duoing thing, though - no other MMO measures up either - so I'm not going to harp on this one issue much.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: July 24, 2012, 11:34:44 AM

It doesnt support duoing well because decks are too dynamic.  For instance, my deck has absolutely no self-synergy but for just about every other build out there I can lay a condition on that they can take advantage of whilst I draw hate.  But... it's not a "good" deck.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Finding the combos between groupmembers on VOIP is a game unto itself.  Reminds me of CoOp MtG.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: July 24, 2012, 11:51:15 AM

Mainly it's the solo instances for me.  I would really, really, really like to not have to split my group up to do 'main' missions.

I build synergy with my own powers.  I might with a duo, but that'd just make me even more effective.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: July 24, 2012, 01:21:07 PM

The more I look at some of the face models in this game the more they freak me out, especially on older people. I had to stop looking at whatshername Creed during her scenes. At some point she stopped looking like 'older human woman' and started looking like 'frightening toad demon'.

And I'm sorry Falc, but your character frightens me.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #217 on: July 24, 2012, 01:42:54 PM

Yeah, I should have explained the duoing thing better. The solo instances are a good example, actually, it makes it so you have to split up and wait for the other person (because you'll never get past it at the same rate, especially if you're duoing with me and there are vaguely platformy things to accomplish in the instance). We do sometimes split up for main missions in SWTOR, but that's because of spoilers, not because the game makes us (and we never split if it's a story he or I have seen, like our smuggler/trooper duo ... I had already seen the trooper story, and he had already seen the smuggler one).

Maybe once we get past Kingsmouth we'll try duoing a bit more, but like Ingmar said, SWTOR set the bar pretty high for duoing for us. I don't hold it against the game, really, it's just a slight bummer. But! I have seen you guys talk about how it's much better with encouraging helping fresher characters with lower level crap because of how the skill system works, so it gets points for that. I'll mention it in the "things I like" thread if I ever actually experience it. ;)

PS: I know it's pretty much me who sucks with the pistols/elemental build. My sword/chaos tank dude hasn't died yet, but poor pistol girl has eaten dirt about a billion times. I need to just accept I sux @ deepz.

God Save the Horn Players
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #218 on: July 24, 2012, 02:04:27 PM

HEY!
My character is famous!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
(And no I didn't post it myself)

EDIT: Rightmost one is Seraphim's char (Leanan).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:08:00 PM by Falconeer »

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: July 24, 2012, 02:46:09 PM

I absolutely agree with Ingmar and SJofn about the solo instances. I've duo'd almost entirely from Blue Mountain through the rest of the content and the solo instances were always annoying as hell (and at a point we were predicting when they would happen). That said - next run through with another character I'll once again try to avoid being solo completely. The game is just much faster with a partner with the only downside being solo instances.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #220 on: July 24, 2012, 05:19:20 PM

HEY!

Link doesn't work for me.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: July 24, 2012, 05:29:32 PM

HEY!

You probably don't have a Facebook account. Basically it is a picture of 5 TSW characters posted on the main TSW Facebook feed, with Falc's Brazilian transsexual front and center.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #222 on: July 24, 2012, 05:42:36 PM

HEY!

You probably don't have a Facebook account. Basically it is a picture of 5 TSW characters posted on the main TSW Facebook feed, with Falc's Brazilian transsexual front and center.

Hahahaha. They need a better layout for their skill-wheel thingy. The whole click-on-things-in-the-middle-scroll-up-an-down-on-the-left thing is not really working for me. It would also be good to be able to have two sets of skill-trees open at the same time, to compare and correlate.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #223 on: July 24, 2012, 09:47:21 PM

I don't like what appears to be completely random mobs being chained together and aggroing me from a mile away because they think I'm picking on their best friend or something. I was fighting something that was hanging out all by itself, and I watched as two other mobs (from QUITE FAR AWAY) decide "hey, fuck that chick, let's get her!"

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: July 25, 2012, 05:59:22 AM

I don't like what appears to be completely random mobs being chained together and aggroing me from a mile away because they think I'm picking on their best friend or something. I was fighting something that was hanging out all by itself, and I watched as two other mobs (from QUITE FAR AWAY) decide "hey, fuck that chick, let's get her!"
I managed to drag one of the "heals on glancing hit" mobs away from from their area in the city of the sun god, and got to watch random passerbys try to take it on.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: July 25, 2012, 07:54:23 AM

The other thing to be careful with, especially if you're mucking around with Thor's Hammer and elementalism, is that the main elementalist skill bonus turns every single elementalist spell into an aoe potentially.  This can cause problems with pulling and has gotten me killed more than a few times.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: July 25, 2012, 11:22:11 AM

Found a quest mob that wasn't spawning last night, so I opened a ticket. Results:

On the good side:
 - Only took about 10 minutes to respond.
 - CSR was polite, able to spell and punctuate properly, and didn't do any BY THE LIGHT OF ELUNE roleplaying stuff when I got my tell.

On the bad side:
 - He wasn't able/allowed to spawn the mob for me or advance the quest past that step.

Bad side wins, I sent them a nasty note about it in the feedback email I got.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #227 on: July 25, 2012, 12:10:43 PM

The other thing to be careful with, especially if you're mucking around with Thor's Hammer and elementalism, is that the main elementalist skill bonus turns every single elementalist spell into an aoe potentially.  This can cause problems with pulling and has gotten me killed more than a few times.

Yeah, it wasn't an AE issue (although I DID do that occassionally on my pistols/elementalist character I hate and have rejected utterly), just a "what the hell, why did THOSE two come at me" thing. Like there were a couple of other mobs between me and the one I pulled and the two that joined in, that's how far away they were.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: July 25, 2012, 12:20:39 PM

The game gets fairly predictable about those, eventually. By the time I finished the last zone in Transylvania, enemy groups were typically
- swarm mobs with little hp (three circles next to their name) in groups of 3-8 OR 2-3 with a normal mob
- weak mobs with moderate hp (one circle, but noticably less HP than normal) in groups of 2 [sometimes 3 in 'hard' areas]
- normal mobs with normal hp (one circle) solo [groups of 2 in 'hard' areas]
- strong mobs with high hp (skull, flag, crown) solo

Mobs also seem to have WAY better hearing than eyesight (goes double for Orochi in infiltration missions). I could sneak behind big brutes without them noticing, but if I aggroed a patrol like 10 meters from them...  ACK!

Re the bugged mob spawn: interesting, I had the opposite experience - didn't receive a response right away, but when I logged back in the next day my quest had been advanced to the next tier... otoh this was during launch week. Maybe they've been told that the quest has been "fixed" even though it hasn't?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:22:23 PM by Zetor »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: July 25, 2012, 12:31:58 PM

One quest bugging me right now: in the amusement park in SC, put down the four dudes; last dude you kill spawns a revenant. First time, I'm down to 1/3rd, revenant takes me out. Go back and spawn at the max distance...the original dude is there and aggroes on me, I might have been able to kill him from half health, but the rev would've smoked me.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: July 25, 2012, 12:36:23 PM

One quest bugging me right now: in the amusement park in SC, put down the four dudes; last dude you kill spawns a revenant. First time, I'm down to 1/3rd, revenant takes me out. Go back and spawn at the max distance...the original dude is there and aggroes on me, I might have been able to kill him from half health, but the rev would've smoked me.

I just did that one last night and it was really tight. The guy actually respawned on me while I was fighting the revenant, so I was fighting both. I barely managed to get the revenant down, had to run away from the other guy etc.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: July 25, 2012, 12:42:00 PM

Yeah, that was tough for me the first time. I remember that was the first quest that forced me to modify my "uber (I thought so) DPS build". Switched all my items to +HP and put in a healing passive and a healing active. Sometimes you just have to have an alternative build you use only for certain fights. A tankish one, a healerish one, and so on.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: July 25, 2012, 12:49:40 PM

Where did you get a full set of alternate items that early into the game?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: July 25, 2012, 12:55:20 PM

Uhm. I don't know what to tell you. Honestly, I've been a completionist, meaning I refused to go to Savage Coast until I did every quest I could find (without looking for it) in Kingsmouth. I guess at that point I had spent enough time that my inventory was overflowing and I was creating extra bags to organize them into DPS and TANKING gear (I refused to even think about healing).

But what gives out free AWESOME stuff in Kingsmouth is the dungeon, Polaris. As stated multiple times, it's a 30 minutes run, it's beautiful, it's fun, and every boss (there's five) drops 1 or 2 guaranteed blues. In this game blue items are not just better, they are "specialized" items. Meaning they lack some basic stats you can find on green items but they push on some others, making them quite weird but effective for some specific builds.

I don't know if you went through Polaris yet. If you haven't, do yourself a favour and do it. it's awesome. Also, you can totally craft yourself a set of specific talismans by the time you are in savage Coast provided you didn't leave Kingsmouth too soon.

EDIT: As Sky found out at some point, an area of Kingsmouth that kind of gives out free green items of all sorts is the golem area. Easily farmable, easy XP, and one green item out of three or something like that.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: July 25, 2012, 12:56:29 PM

I did literally every quest in Kingsmouth myself. You saved all your QL1/2 stuff once you had upgraded to QL3?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: July 25, 2012, 01:10:14 PM

Pharm the golems. They're also decent for deck building practice imo.

Falc, between this and the power set thread, I get what you're saying. Problem is the buggy gear manager thing. I'm constantly tweaking my build but don't stray too far from the core of what works as much as I would if the gear presets were saving properly (because I'll forget what I had originally :)

I'll be looking at swapping out my two aoe actives for single targets, the aoe hinder is decent but really anything can replace the generic aoe I've been using, I have a couple good options (though I'm about 12 AP from Big Forty-Five which would be ideal).

edit: the dudes down on the beach in SC by the Overlook seem to drop talismans pretty good, too. Respawn is pretty brisk, though.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: July 25, 2012, 01:20:16 PM

I haven't done any dungeons yet; there's no working chat to organize it with f13 people, and the couple people I've seen on in the Illuminati guild are working on other things and I don't want to drag them back to run me through a dungeon for a game I probably won't subscribe to, it seems like a waste of their time. Is there a group finder tool? I didn't see one but I didn't look too hard.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #237 on: July 25, 2012, 01:25:15 PM

Any one of us would likely run Polaris again.  No dungeon finder.  I've done nothing but pugs.  4 good v. 1 shit group so far.  You'll likely see higher QL players in any run, which ups the chance for success. 

-Rasix
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: July 25, 2012, 01:26:14 PM

For Dungeons, get Sjofn into Bee Country and work from there (unless you have a Templar guy too). We run dungeons all the time and it's kind of a staple to make a welcome group for anybody who hasn't been in a dungeon yet.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: July 25, 2012, 02:08:12 PM

While the custom chat is screwed, what's worked for me in forming groups is just asking someone in one of the other guilds if they would ask in their /cabal channel if anyone wants to run X, Y, or Z dungeons to msg me. I know, :work:, but it gets the groups going.

Also - do not feel bad about asking people to go backwards for dungeon running, the higher QL get xp all the same and the quest gives a fixed amount of ap/sp, so even though the higher QL don't receive loot - they do receive coin and ap/sp
Edit: think of mentoring systems that are beneficial to the one doing the mentoring - it's like that where as long as you're doing something then your character is improving
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:09:58 PM by Segoris »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: July 25, 2012, 02:08:37 PM

Dungeons teleport everyone to them.  All you need is one individual there.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: July 25, 2012, 02:19:08 PM

Yeah, seriously, ditto on the higher ql in dungeons thing.  I'll go any time.  The money/ap/sp payout is still fabulous at higher qls.  You still get rewarded really well for helping.  I've said that a few times now, and I'll keep saying it (although I should probably say it more in the like thread than the dislike thread).
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: July 25, 2012, 02:19:18 PM

I haven't done any dungeons yet; there's no working chat to organize it with f13 people, and the couple people I've seen on in the Illuminati guild are working on other things and I don't want to drag them back to run me through a dungeon for a game I probably won't subscribe to, it seems like a waste of their time. Is there a group finder tool? I didn't see one but I didn't look too hard.

As said, while there is no Dungeon Finder and the F13 chat is fubar'd just add the F13 people to your friends list and drop us a /tell, quite a few of us are more than happy to help you through the dungeons even if we've outgrown them.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: July 25, 2012, 08:12:11 PM

For Dungeons, get Sjofn into Bee Country and work from there (unless you have a Templar guy too). We run dungeons all the time and it's kind of a staple to make a welcome group for anybody who hasn't been in a dungeon yet.

Yeah, I enjoyed the run through in Polaris, everyone was nice enough to let me sit through cutscenes and lead me to the lore items for my first run.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #244 on: July 25, 2012, 08:51:26 PM

Buggy main quests are not making me feel better about the whole "only one main quest at a time" thing.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like.  
Jump to: