Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you don't like.  (Read 175039 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: July 10, 2012, 12:30:47 PM

You may be right, but the quest-griefing mechanic doesn't feel like part of the dark horse bet they made. It feels more like something that was in for a smaller population and may have worked with them but not with a much larger population.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: July 10, 2012, 12:52:09 PM

I'm thinking of another set of quests where you have to light the torches and then play with the crystals right after. In addition to multiple people being able to participate, the crystals part was broken where you couldn't even interact with them when it bugged out.
If you mean the 'Terrible Secret' one, that's the one I meant... braziers then crystals then statues (so three phases of "don't screw with others"). I just did it today after the hotfix, worked surprisingly well! That said, I agree that these things need per-player state handling, phasing, or heck, even instancing.

Onto Things That I Don't Like: random chat bugs can still diaf (can't get enough of chat-related complaining because...srsly). Was in an Ankh pug just now where groupchat worked just fine until the healer DC'd on the second-to-last-boss and the tank/group leader left the instance to get someone else. When he returned, groupchat broke and I wasn't even able to send tells to the tank and the new healer (said person x is not online). Was fun trying to coordinate the last bosses that half the group hasn't done before... we still won, though.

edit: I'm actually playing solo right now and I can see the groupchat of the DC'd healer's NEW Ankh group roflcopter
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:16:25 PM by Zetor »

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: July 10, 2012, 12:57:50 PM

You may be right, but the quest-griefing mechanic doesn't feel like part of the dark horse bet they made. It feels more like something that was in for a smaller population and may have worked with them but not with a much larger population.

Exactly. I have no problem adapting to all the other things they do differently in the game. Hell, I thought the questing limitations were really bizarre in the beginning but once I got used to them I actually like the system. I actually know why I'm doing a mission in TSW as opposed to other games where I just had a laundry list of shit I didn't really care about. Even in SWTOR by the time I'd get back to some quest givers I'd have completely forgotten why the hell I was talking to them.

But the design for these particular missions doesn't seem like something you can always adapt to. Sure, you can try and talk to the people who are just running around and spam-clicking things and hoping for the best (or just doing it for shit n giggles) but you're not guaranteed success. I just feel like that particular mechanic could have been designed better whether it be through instancing or phasing or something else.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #108 on: July 10, 2012, 04:02:30 PM

Sure, you can try and talk to the people who are just running around and spam-clicking things and hoping for the best (or just doing it for shit n giggles) but you're not guaranteed success.
Best way i found in beta was really just sit back and play with my skill wheel or outfit collection until whoever happened to be around got done and moved on. why so serious?
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 10, 2012, 04:59:52 PM

I bought the 100% increase to sprint and it has helped a lot, everything is less than three minutes away and you can just run past enemies.  That winds up being less travel time than most mmos since you're always questing within the same zone, not like I have to go from Stormwind to Gadgetzan or something like that.

What's that 100% thingy and where can I buy it?
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: July 10, 2012, 06:16:06 PM

You can purchase the speed increases from your faction HQ mobility vendor, 100% is the third upgrade and you have to do them in order costing 1.6m pax or so in total and they only unlock as you reach certain faction ranks, think it's 2 & 5 for the first two, no idea about the last one.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:18:11 PM by Seraphim »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: July 10, 2012, 07:28:30 PM

Two and Four.  The first one is the biggest boost, and costs 100k, which is doable if you don't buy a lot of clothes.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Paroid
Terracotta Army

More Grief Titles Than Posts

Reply #112 on: July 10, 2012, 11:09:05 PM

The third rank of sprint speedup is at faction rank 8.  Note that if you happen to be trying to buy 2 ranks at once for a silly reason, like you had hoped you could skip the previous rank, you need to close and reopen the vendor after purchasing each rank for the next rank to show up as purchasable.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: July 11, 2012, 03:12:05 AM

Realy hating nightmare drop nerf. Nightmare are "nightmare" to run with PUGs, I dont know how these people managed to get gatekepeer down but most dps are god awful. I switched from tanking to DPS just so I can have at least one person in the group doing 800+ dps, and because of 16 hour lock down its rather hard to get people you friended before to run with you.

Now even if you manage put together a decent group now all you get is  same loot as elites .
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #114 on: July 11, 2012, 07:20:12 AM

The next patch's notes Falc just posted say they epic items will be going back onto nightmare bosses.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #115 on: July 12, 2012, 11:05:28 AM

Fucking bugged quests from important quest givers. Both the Black House and Taking the Purple bugged on me at lunch (Purple bugged on me yesterday as well). I petitioned in-game, but don't know if that's going to help at all.

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: July 12, 2012, 11:57:43 AM

Taking the Purple was working on Huldra yesterday. Seraphim used the "meet up" feature with me to come over and get it completed so we could try that if you're online later?
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: July 12, 2012, 12:12:46 PM

Petitioning has a strange effect. I was stuck on 'Taking the Purple' yesterday, so switched quest and carried on after petitioning.

Logged on this morning to find myself in front of the house, back on 'Taking the purple' and automatically on the next stage past the bug.

Very good customer service, if slightly mystifying when I first logged on!
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: July 12, 2012, 12:17:27 PM

Same thing happened to me with "Life Imitating Art" (tier 3 was bugged before 1.01). It's probably less stressful this way for the GMs, too!

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: July 12, 2012, 04:09:29 PM

You can purchase the speed increases from your faction HQ mobility vendor, 100% is the third upgrade and you have to do them in order costing 1.6m pax or so in total and they only unlock as you reach certain faction ranks, think it's 2 & 5 for the first two, no idea about the last one.

Ah nice. Tbh, I didn't even realize until late last night that I could hit the main cities for clothing. I'm rolling in cash because I haven't bought basically anything, so 100k for the first set is doable.

Very good customer service, if slightly mystifying when I first logged on!
Fits the theme of the game  Ohhhhh, I see.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: July 14, 2012, 08:38:52 PM

Came up in the Things you Like thread:

Sound-only puzzles. I'm not hearing impaired, but I can't play with my headphones very loud or my wife will think I'm only pretending to listen to her  awesome, for real

Colors. I am partlally color deficient and following blood trails is a pita unless I monkey with the graphics settings. I can appreciate why they wouldn't want to fix it, but it's not like color deficiency isn't rare among males.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #121 on: July 14, 2012, 08:44:17 PM

THE FUCKING BOG.  Worst mob density/aggro range combo ever.  It's like Karnor's Castle set in a swamp.

-Rasix
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #122 on: July 14, 2012, 09:18:27 PM

Colors. I am partlally color deficient and following blood trails is a pita unless I monkey with the graphics settings. I can appreciate why they wouldn't want to fix it, but it's not like color deficiency isn't rare among males.
I don't really get why they wouldn't want to fix it when at least one quest actually colours the trails of stains you're supposed to follow bright yellow (the colour used throughout the game for outlines to mark interactive objects) So any arguments they might want to use against appear to apply selectively, at best.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: July 15, 2012, 07:17:56 AM

How the fuck is anyone supposed to complete the raven pentagram, there's always a retard around who just starts putting down feathers in random spots.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #124 on: July 15, 2012, 08:25:30 AM

Talk to them. Try to make them reason. Try to have them understand. Dealing with idiots is a quest in itself. Eventually you can cheat, which is: wait for them to leave.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: July 15, 2012, 08:44:11 AM

Talk to them. Try to make them reason. Try to have them understand. Dealing with idiots is a quest in itself. Eventually you can cheat, which is: wait for them to leave.

I ended up cheating because words did nothing. NOTHING.

I hope nothing challenging uses this mechanic.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: July 15, 2012, 01:00:12 PM

When morons are ruining my questing experience like that, I hope into fusang and complete a few objectives.  Hopefully by the time I'm done, they are gone.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: July 15, 2012, 06:23:58 PM

I don't really get why they wouldn't want to fix it when at least one quest actually colours the trails of stains you're supposed to follow bright yellow (the colour used throughout the game for outlines to mark interactive objects) So any arguments they might want to use against appear to apply selectively, at best.

They already made some concessions for the color blind. The original highlight color was red but was switched to yellow in the second open beta weekend.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: July 15, 2012, 06:25:28 PM

I ended up cheating because words did nothing. NOTHING.

I hope nothing challenging uses this mechanic.

I really wish there were chat bubbles because it's pretty easy to miss anyone talking in /say in the chat window. As well the separate /tell window is kind of terrible with no notification except a flashing tab.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: July 15, 2012, 07:58:16 PM

No sound when you get a tell. 

No way to know if a friend logs off or on.  Have to always spam shift+F.

No way to know if a friend is in the same instanced world.

Porting 10 times from Agartha to get back to a zone.

High mob density with high aggro radius. 

Little to no correlation between the rating of a quest and its actual difficulty.

BUGGY FUCKING QUESTS!

The game is a bit too griefer friendly.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: July 16, 2012, 02:58:38 AM

No way to know if a friend logs off or on.  Have to always spam shift+F.

Actually there is a message but it's simple white text and blends in with general/lfg/faction chat or whatever you have going on in your chat tab, so you probably won't notice it. An easy way of changing chat colours would be really useful.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #131 on: July 16, 2012, 04:13:45 AM

You also get a sound if you get a tell. There's a toggle for it in settings.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: July 16, 2012, 09:16:26 AM

Jesus, this game really should not have been an MMO. There are literally no circumstances when I want to see other players. They can only either harm my progress or destroy the atmosphere.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: July 17, 2012, 12:35:37 PM

All I'll say is... "The Cost of Magic" in Transylvania, Tier 4 in particular. I hope you like jumping puzzles...  why so serious?

(I did manage to complete that phase in 15 mins or so, but there was a non-trivial amount of RAEG involved)

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: July 17, 2012, 01:00:35 PM

I loved that quest, then obtaining the lore on those platforms as well.....cruel cruel bastards at funcom with some of their lore placement Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: July 18, 2012, 08:06:11 AM

The fanboys. It's great that the devs are so active on the official boards and people are coming up with really creative workarounds like the scripts to autojoin channels, but you can't comment on something that doesn't work or suggest something could be done better without a swarm of rabid idiots explaining that everything is perfect and you should be burned at the stake as a heretic for suggesting otherwise.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #136 on: July 18, 2012, 09:09:21 AM

Not having the f13 channel functional = 0% chance of me grouping.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #137 on: July 18, 2012, 09:18:14 AM

The chat channel not working is really a big huge downer. Anyone who is scouting the forums has any info about it? Is it just us or did the patch officially killed all custom chat channels? And is there any word on fixes?

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: July 18, 2012, 09:33:19 AM

I found one thread on it and no official response, but it seems to be widespread if not universal. (It was actually what spurred my prior fanboy post as there were many helpful people explaining it was not a problem.)

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: July 18, 2012, 10:10:22 AM

What I've found is that the last thing from Ragnar was stating that they know a problem exists and that 1.0.2 was fixing some of the problems (this was one week ago). Then the robot-like customer service person (not Ragnar, the one in public support) on the forums is just stating how he apologizes and is sorry it isn't working for whomever creates a thread on the topic, and that 1.0.2 fixed some of the issues, never truly acknowledging that 1.0.2 fucked up more than it fixed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like.  
Jump to: