Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:13:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you don't like.  (Read 174902 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: July 08, 2012, 07:28:07 AM

The frustration level is starting to get to me. Polaris was a fantastic dungeon, but healing it was not fun whatsoever, it was tense and felt like work--I was spamming constantly, even spamming a builder between fights to load up for the next encounter. Blue mountain is what everyone bitches about, but moving on to the Savage Coast feels like getting hit with a brick and despite dying repeatedly, the one quest I was able to finish gave me a reward that was a QL higher, but had virtually the same stats as what I pulled out of Polaris.

The idea that a game should actually be challenging instead of a snooze to max level is attractive to me, but I don't think I can hack this.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: July 08, 2012, 12:56:20 PM

The difficulty didn't bother me but the group forming does.   Is there some way to inspect a player's gear/build?   Polaris should be higher too.   QL3 is too early to start doing healer/tank builds.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: July 08, 2012, 12:59:52 PM

I hate the resistant/double hp mobs in Transylvania.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #73 on: July 08, 2012, 02:31:35 PM

Is there some way to inspect a player's gear/build?
Right-click on their hp window thingie and there's inspect in context menu, iirc. Doesn't include build, but does show the gear. Builds can be saved and linked in chat though, so you could perhaps examine it that way too, if they're willing to cooperate that is.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: July 08, 2012, 05:24:10 PM

Right-click on their hp window thingie and there's inspect in context menu, iirc. Doesn't include build, but does show the gear. Builds can be saved and linked in chat though, so you could perhaps examine it that way too, if they're willing to cooperate that is.

I never ask for builds when recruiting for group. I do ask builds though from players who performed extremely well (on dps char or heals) so maybe I can learn something new
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: July 08, 2012, 05:27:46 PM

I wouldn't care but most people don't have taunt or whatever by Polaris.  The gear matters though.   Good to know I can check it.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: July 08, 2012, 05:28:26 PM

The idea that a game should actually be challenging instead of a snooze to max level is attractive to me, but I don't think I can hack this.

Well you can't have it both ways .Game is not faceroll. It gets difficult. Sometimes completing a quest is sorta a puzzle of in itself ( how to not get swarmed by adds/patrols and how to kill the damn tough end boss) .Then there are elite dungeons. Then there are nightmare ones  (I successfully facerolled everything up to nightmare dungeons, thanks to beta experience, but   they flattened me hard despite all that)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: July 08, 2012, 06:28:43 PM

QL3 is too early to start doing healer/tank builds.

It's not too early, it just means you do the entire zone twice. Well the entire second half.

More seriously, it is just something that goes back to the old school thing of keeping a DPS and tank set. I can't remember ever needing to do two sets as a healer before, but it's not that terrible. It would be trivial if the game was super popular and there were a dozen sites where you could look up exactly what gear drops from what quest.

Well you can't have it both ways

Probably not. I suppose I care whether or not I can keep going which is more than I can say for any game for the last 8 years.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:37:23 PM by Numtini »

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: July 08, 2012, 06:36:02 PM

QL3 is too early to start doing healer/tank builds.

It's not too early, it just means you do the entire zone twice. Well the entire second half.

More seriously, it is just something that goes back to the old school thing of keeping a DPS and tank set.

Yea but the end of the newbie zone is not the place to start that.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: July 08, 2012, 06:41:18 PM

Oh FFS, chat is down again.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: July 08, 2012, 07:01:20 PM

And I list  several way to get gear fast:

1) Buy blue gear QL6  for solomon ilsand sequins at Blue mountains (thats a great start for fresh characters who just finished kingsmouth)
2) Farm lair mobs for green QL10 ( need a group of 2 in ql5+)
3) Run Ankh+ dungeons (ql8,9,10 pieces)
4) Farm elite dungeons (that is probably fastest way to get geared, all you need really is some ql8 pieces and knowledge how the dungeons work)

Running elites is really easy actually . Inferno is stupidly easy for elite dungeon and can get you  gear for everything else.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #81 on: July 08, 2012, 07:39:58 PM

Where are the lair mobs in Kingsmouth?
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: July 08, 2012, 08:29:00 PM

South east in the sea

And lair wise not all lair mobs are same and their difficulty is not tied with the zone. They are all high hp, high dmg  dungeon like mobs. The one u want farm would be solos or in small groups of 1-3. I think quarry lair is probably easiest one for farming of the one  I seen. Scorched desert has some of the easiest lair mobs as well ( but not all)

p.s. Ever present bugs get annoying. The chat breaking all the time just gets on my nerves since I am trying to get some money by selling gear. The  bugs which been there since beta still there - broken gear manager, broken  windowed mode on start ,2 dozen or so bugged quest. Really damn funcom - get it fixed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:38:06 AM by Dark_MadMax »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #83 on: July 09, 2012, 06:55:44 AM

* Addressed an issue which could sometimes prevent players from using chat while the servers were under heavy load.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: July 09, 2012, 08:07:40 AM

South east in the sea
Heh.  I ran in to Lutefisk while exploring.  I didn't realize he was a rare lair boss with 80k health...  There was no way I could solo him with QL3 gear without a flawless execution, but he didn't hit so hard that I couldn't survive running away.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: July 09, 2012, 09:07:44 PM

Only thing I really don't like so far is that there's something with the sounds that don't seem to keep up with the animations of the powers. Seems like sometimes the sound works, other times not, still other times it sounds like in a tunnel. Haven't fiddled too much with settings.

The other minor annoyance is the lack of fast travel outside of Argatha for long distance and meetup for ports to a local graveyard. It actually isn't too bad though. Kingsmouth is not West Karana, so while I dred "long runs" from the airport to Police HQ, it actually goes pretty quick.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: July 09, 2012, 11:00:50 PM

South east in the sea
Heh.  I ran in to Lutefisk while exploring.  I didn't realize he was a rare lair boss with 80k health...  There was no way I could solo him with QL3 gear without a flawless execution, but he didn't hit so hard that I couldn't survive running away.
heh, I went into him full bore. failed.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: July 09, 2012, 11:16:48 PM

Only thing I really don't like so far is that there's something with the sounds that don't seem to keep up with the animations of the powers. Seems like sometimes the sound works, other times not, still other times it sounds like in a tunnel. Haven't fiddled too much with settings.

The other minor annoyance is the lack of fast travel outside of Argatha for long distance and meetup for ports to a local graveyard. It actually isn't too bad though. Kingsmouth is not West Karana, so while I dred "long runs" from the airport to Police HQ, it actually goes pretty quick.

For long distances I just /reset and respawn at the closest graveyard to where I want to go.  The repair costs are so minimal that it isn't a big deal at all.
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: July 10, 2012, 06:06:04 AM

Had hoped the patch would have solved the issue of #f13 vanishing every single time you zone but nope...  Heartbreak
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: July 10, 2012, 06:59:18 AM

Do the chat channels at least work today?  Makes it really hard to duo when you can't even emote to chat.  (/em didn't work, and Funcom chooses way too bizarre emote keywords to try and pantomime it out.)

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: July 10, 2012, 07:25:59 AM

/em doesn't work but I think /me does. Am I wrong?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #91 on: July 10, 2012, 07:41:05 AM

I bought the 100% increase to sprint and it has helped a lot, everything is less than three minutes away and you can just run past enemies.  That winds up being less travel time than most mmos since you're always questing within the same zone, not like I have to go from Stormwind to Gadgetzan or something like that.
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: July 10, 2012, 08:19:33 AM

Chat channels work just fine so far, hopefully with the patch they won't collapse as the server load increases but too early to tell for certain I suppose.

Edit: Just lost all the chat channels so guess it's still fubar'd. /Em does work still though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:45:39 AM by Seraphim »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: July 10, 2012, 10:39:48 AM

You see it but no one else does when the chat channels crap out.

Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: July 10, 2012, 10:47:07 AM

Wasn't me using it though...
And not sure what the heck happened there, Paroid didn't seem to have any issues with it and once it came back up not only has it stayed up I no longer have to re-assign the chat channels for my custom tabs like F13 every time I zone.  awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #95 on: July 10, 2012, 11:00:26 AM

Fuck you, Something Wicked.

Hell is other people.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: July 10, 2012, 11:06:22 AM

Yeah, that quest is interesting cause it

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: July 10, 2012, 11:08:06 AM

Yeah, they have few quests like that, with single "current" state that's altered by anyone present, vs i dunno, some discrete phasing with order tracked separately for each player or group. I'm guessing they wanted to avoid situation like, few people spawn their own version of quest boss at the same time... but this alternative isn't exactly a better outcome.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #98 on: July 10, 2012, 11:15:45 AM

I had that with
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:17:39 AM by Sky »
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: July 10, 2012, 11:18:47 AM

Yeah that's another one which suffers from the exact same problem. Luckily there isn't many quests like that (or i was just lucky to miss them)
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: July 10, 2012, 11:21:05 AM

Those type of quests are about the only thing so far in the game that makes me go "WTF were they thinking?". I dunno, maybe they were hoping we'd all form spontaneous groups to complete them and make new friends or something. Which might have worked 10 years ago but sadly 95% of the modern MMO playerbase are knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing fucktards who couldn't find their own arse with both hands and a fucking map.

Get off my lawn!

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: July 10, 2012, 11:47:03 AM

Yeah that's another one which suffers from the exact same problem. Luckily there isn't many quests like that (or i was just lucky to miss them)

There are a couple of those quests in the beginning (Men In Black Vans, Something Wicked, Vision) then almost none of them until Egypt when there are another 3-4. Though the two that were bugged for sure are supposedly fixed with today's patch. So there aren't many, but when there are they are mostly near each other which makes it worse when you have multiple bugged investigation quests in a row.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: July 10, 2012, 11:54:49 AM

Amazingly enough, for the one in Egypt people actually exercised restraint [!!] and huddled around in the center of the room while one person who knew what he was doing ran around and solved the puzzle. (2 puzzles actually in subsequent phases)

Of course it helps that for that quest you only need to be present in the room when someone solves the quest - don't need to solve it yourself.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: July 10, 2012, 11:58:10 AM

I'm thinking of another set of quests where you have to light the torches and then play with the crystals right after. In addition to multiple people being able to participate, the crystals part was broken where you couldn't even interact with them when it bugged out.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: July 10, 2012, 12:00:56 PM

I am pretty sure they designed them like that on purpose. They want people to figure out how to make things work, be it a dungeon, an aggro range, some mobs skills, or some stupid player behaviour. I might be wrong, but at this point it's obvious that they didn't design TSW thinking "how can we make everything as simple as possible for players?" They bet LOTS of money on the opposite thing: "The players have to adapt to our game, or we don't want them around". Like the limited number of quests for example and only to quote the widely most hated thing in beta which they totally stood for against anyone's best judgement. And SO FAR they placed a fucking unbelievable winning bet. It might change in the future, but so far they bet on the limping loser, and they are banking unexpected money on it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like.  
Jump to: