Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:36:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Are you done? Why? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are you done? Why?  (Read 109117 times)
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 26, 2012, 07:35:40 PM

I loved Sacred 2, up until the fact that it turns out I couldn't beat any bosses because I built myself for AOE and bosses had massive regen, thus making it impossible for me to even dent his health.  Since i couldn't progress in the main line cause of that I stopped playing.  I do hope Sacred 3 comes out sometime though, and I might pic up sacred 2 again after all these years.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 26, 2012, 08:11:15 PM

I loved Sacred 2, up until the fact that it turns out I couldn't beat any bosses because I built myself for AOE and bosses had massive regen, thus making it impossible for me to even dent his health.  Since i couldn't progress in the main line cause of that I stopped playing.  I do hope Sacred 3 comes out sometime though, and I might pic up sacred 2 again after all these years.

Ya builds can be kind of a hit or miss kind of thing. Just like Diablo 2. Were you a mage because the ae (firestorm?) would multiple hit bosses because of the huge hit boxes they had so if you mod the skill for high dmg it works as a boss killer nicely. The character might be saveable.

Oh btw Sacred2 gold is like 20$ at dlgamer atm.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 26, 2012, 08:15:58 PM

Ya builds can be kind of a hit or miss kind of thing. Just like Diablo 2. Were you a mage because the ae (firestorm?) would multiple hit bosses because of the huge hit boxes they had so if you mod the skill for high dmg it works as a boss killer nicely. The character might be saveable.

Oh btw Sacred2 gold is like 20$ at dlgamer atm.

I don't remember, it was quite a few years ago.  I actually think I was a melee character that juts did damage to all enemies around me.  It was a few years ago.  Amazon has it on the ps3 for $10 too, now I'm tempted to get it again.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 26, 2012, 08:27:33 PM

I was bored with it. It was sort of fun for a bit but I wasn't interested in doing it again. Co-op with my daughter wasn't fun for either of us. Ultimately just limited.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #74 on: June 26, 2012, 10:19:18 PM

Not done, but not playing constantly anymore. Pretty sure I already played more than I did D2. Never had any interest in Inferno dickpunching mode in the first place, really, so I have nothing to be disappointed by. The repair costs thing is stupid, otherwise I have no real complaints.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: June 26, 2012, 10:29:18 PM

Not done, but not playing constantly anymore. Pretty sure I already played more than I did D2. Never had any interest in Inferno dickpunching mode in the first place, really, so I have nothing to be disappointed by. The repair costs thing is stupid, otherwise I have no real complaints.

You don't miss smashing pots and looting chests? I would catch myself still doing it and have to remind myself that nothing is gonna drop. It's a shame cause one of the best legendaries I found popped out of an ashes vase.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 26, 2012, 10:32:33 PM

Yeah that's kind of a dumb change but it isn't really anywhere on my 'game ruining' radar. I kind of figure that gets at least partially fixed soon. The repair thing probably will get fixed too but that actually is an impediment to playing, so relatively speaking it is much worse.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #77 on: June 27, 2012, 04:04:23 AM

Repair bills with the new patch seem to have been tuned accordingly. Fees seem way more appropriate now. One run with 2 deaths was about 7k but one run after with no deaths was about 1200g so it seems a hell of a lot better.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #78 on: June 27, 2012, 01:13:03 PM

Not "done," but not playing it constantly. I didn't expect to once the initial hyper-focus period was over, of course. Like every other non-MMO I play. :P

God Save the Horn Players
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: July 03, 2012, 10:34:06 PM

RMAH totally slaughtered any interest I may have had in this game.  Is my continued playing the game worth the $200 my gear could sell for if I quit?  Nope.  Even using ghetto gear, anything I might find I would rather sell than use.  So that was that.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #80 on: July 05, 2012, 07:26:40 AM

I think I'm done in any real sense until they patch in the fun. I'll be following the patch releases and such, periodically trying them out.

A few days on vacation reminded me that logging into a game to grind Act 1 Inferno for no real upgrades wasn't compelling anymore. Amazing how the mountain air can do that.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: July 05, 2012, 12:18:29 PM

Been done for a few months now really.  Got bored doing same thing over and over.  Hit a wall that forced me to farm and that was the end.  Multiplayer wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, which limited it probably the most.  I even had a group of friends this time around and we never grouped up because it didn't really add anything. 

I probably would have played longer if crafting meant anything.  I kept it up just as a side project, but without any real utility became boring too.  I don't know if I'm just feeling the effects of a game based on a core real money auction house, but I bought absolutely nothing from the AH, real money or not.  I'm not into that kind of thing, so this just isn't the game for me. 

I won't be buying any expansions.  I don't feel like I got my money's worth.  I'm pretty disappointed.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: July 05, 2012, 12:19:15 PM

I know we like hyperbole here, but months?  tongue

Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: July 05, 2012, 12:58:34 PM

Yeah, Skeleton King as a final boss and a level cap of 13 were really the most dissappointing aspects of this release.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: July 05, 2012, 01:13:14 PM

I've been done for years.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: July 05, 2012, 02:59:39 PM

Something or other about pot and kettle or something. I'm not sure where I'm going with this post...

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #86 on: July 05, 2012, 04:17:04 PM

Something or other about pot and kettle or something. I'm not sure where I'm going with this post...

I've been done with your post for months.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #87 on: July 06, 2012, 04:42:49 AM

F13 (myself included) burned by overhyped game that turns out to be mediocre/shit. Shock. Horror. Close thread, ban everyone, shutter forums, delete website, salt the earth.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: July 06, 2012, 06:44:29 AM

To ask for an overhyped game that is actually not half bad isn't asking too much.  I'm still waiting though...

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #89 on: July 06, 2012, 06:46:42 AM

F13 (myself included) burned by overhyped game that turns out to be mediocre/shit. Shock. Horror. Close thread, ban everyone, shutter forums, delete website, salt the earth.

I am still of the opinion that our viewpoint on D3 will shift by year end.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: July 06, 2012, 07:57:33 AM

Heart

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: July 06, 2012, 09:52:23 AM

I am still of the opinion that our viewpoint on D3 will shift by year end.

You do realize this is a Blizzard game, right? You really think they're going to be able fix the any of the community's primary complaints before the end of the year?

-fix the itemization, not just at 60, but throughout the whole game. at-level drops, more uniques/sets, interesting mods on all gear
-address the content deficiency that they now agree exists. PvP is their only announced addition, but I'm willing to bet that even PvP isn't going to be implemented by the end of the year.
-balance Inferno in a way that the community is satisfied with and does not feel like they are grinding gold to progress
-reduce the perception that the AH is mandatory to use

I realize the tipping point for you was the non-fun changes to the game recently (barrel loot removal, higher repairs), but you are in the minority. Most of F13 thought the game was a huge disappointment before those changes were made. They may fix barrel loot before the end of the year, but I find it unlikely that they'll fix any of the primary problems with the game.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #92 on: July 06, 2012, 10:31:30 AM

You do realize this is a Blizzard game, right? You really think they're going to be able fix the any of the community's primary complaints before the end of the year?

Yes. Given six months I fully expect them to get an economic fix in place on the itemization. Right now the main problem is two-fold. One, it's not that interesting, and two, inflation is running rampant because nothing comes out of the system. Also, I think part of that will be to do more with damage types and skills. That will make items and skills have more interaction instead of just MOAR DEEPS.

I think they can balance inferno better by adjusting drop rates to exponentially increase in later acts, and reduce the repair bill cockblock by half. I also, think they need to cap the lower end of drops in Act 4 so that nothing less than 60 drops.

They can never reduce the perception that the AH is mandatory, because it will always have that perception to the naysayers by existing. That's a you problem, since there are other groups of people that actually like it (myself included)

I couldn't give two shits about pvp.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #93 on: July 06, 2012, 11:01:32 AM

I got my money's worth, made the right decisions at the beginning (so that I had the economic power to jump out the starting gate into inferno difficulty), built loots, sold loots, made my money back, moved on.

I think there is a sort of a weird entitlement issue going on with this game. That's not to bitch at people about it, it is just an odd observation. one of my friends (a conspicuous d2 addict back in the day) seemed to bitch about the game on and on while still playing it. My strategy was to play the game up to the instant that it began to feel like a chore, then stop playing it!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: July 06, 2012, 11:03:08 AM

My strategy was to play the game up to the instant that it began to feel like a chore, then stop playing it!

Are you sure you're on the right forum?  tongue

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #95 on: July 06, 2012, 11:12:07 AM

Yes. Given six months I fully expect them to get an economic fix in place on the itemization. Right now the main problem is two-fold. One, it's not that interesting, and two, inflation is running rampant because nothing comes out of the system. Also, I think part of that will be to do more with damage types and skills. That will make items and skills have more interaction instead of just MOAR DEEPS.

I think they can balance inferno better by adjusting drop rates to exponentially increase in later acts, and reduce the repair bill cockblock by half. I also, think they need to cap the lower end of drops in Act 4 so that nothing less than 60 drops.

They can never reduce the perception that the AH is mandatory, because it will always have that perception to the naysayers by existing. That's a you problem, since there are other groups of people that actually like it (myself included)

Nothing below level 60 should drop in Inferno. RNG fucks over 90% of the stats on every magic, rare, and legendary item anyway, why throw in the sub60 shit as well in a zone that you can't get to without being 60 or at least 58 with a helper who is 60? I received 8 pieces of armor and 2 weapons last night all below the lvl 58 range and even got a POS str int belt with +health globe that was ilvl 52. I'm ok with the shit stats, not so much with the lvl.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: July 06, 2012, 11:19:48 AM

They need to figure out their economy fix before they change the drops that drastically, though. That's the part that is going to be hard.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #97 on: July 06, 2012, 11:28:34 AM

They need to figure out their economy fix before they change the drops that drastically, though. That's the part that is going to be hard.

I know it's not popular, but this all goes away with BoE items.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: July 06, 2012, 11:34:10 AM

While that's true, it is still a game-ruiningly bad idea. Practically the entire point of ARPG loot systems is that you can twink your later characters with hand-me-down items.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #99 on: July 06, 2012, 11:35:02 AM

While that's true, it is still a game-ruiningly bad idea. Practically the entire point of ARPG loot systems is that you can twink your later characters with hand-me-down items.

I'm fine with a BoA system to remove that barrier.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: July 06, 2012, 11:45:50 AM

AH feels mandatory because of the low level of item drops, as well as the highly randomized loot with a very small pool of useful stats. It makes 98% of what you find totally worthless, 1.99% worth selling, and 0.01% worth using on your character. It's a perception issue which you can't just sweep away by saying "that's a you problem" when your original statement was "I am still of the opinion that our viewpoint on D3 will shift by year end" and AH bitching has been a sentiment shared by much of the board. Your viewpoint is that Diablo 3 is a good game which was only hampered by recent 'anti-fun' decisions. That's a you problem.

Neither could I. I don't think it's going to appeal to most players (PvE>PvP) and will be a total mess given skill balance and the RMAH. It's also the only additional content on the horizon. So... why do you think popular opinion about the game here or anywhere will shift before the end of the year again?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:38 AM

Anecdotally, I definitely know people who miss the PVP most from D2. I think the target audience for that may be bigger than it seems. (I definitely do NOT miss it myself, since it was pretty much just an exercise in stranger-ganking and dueling, but it takes all types.)

Now it remains to be seen whether D3's idea of PVP will satisfy them at all, but hey, more for people to bitch about on the forums at least.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #102 on: July 06, 2012, 11:56:29 AM

<stuff>

For starters, perception of the AH is tied to itemization, which I think is very fixable. The position changes when the itemization economy changes. The AH is constant. That's why I said it's a you problem if people simply hate the idea of an AH. I don't believe that most people actually hate the AH. People hate the feeling that they can't upgrade due to itemization problems without the EXCLUSIVE use of the AH. It should be a balance of gear that you get on the AH and gear you find. Right now it's not. Within 6 months, I expect that stumbling block to be removed, likely with a BoA system or something that doesn't allow gear to be passed around as much, and drop rates to be increased globally.

As for pvp. I don't think they need it in the next year. They need to get the item hunt part right. I disagree with Bashiok that it's not enough. It very much IS enough if you actually did it right on the front end and added achievements and challenges to the players for doing it right.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: July 06, 2012, 12:02:48 PM

For starters, perception of the AH is tied to itemization, which I think is very fixable.

I don't disagree, but they need to fix multiple problems with itemization in order to remove the feeling that the AH is mandatory. All problems with Diablo 3 ultimately come back to itemization (aside from always-online complaints which I don't personally care about). I simply have less faith than you that they'll be able to pull it off correctly and before the year ends.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #104 on: July 06, 2012, 12:05:55 PM

To me it's so simple they can't possibly miss it for six months.

1 - Bind items to your account
2 - Increase drops, add shit back to barrels.
3 - Add fun titles and cosmetic shit for goldsinks. Add more space to stash, etc.
4 - PROFIT

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Are you done? Why?  
Jump to: