Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:14:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Lollipop Chainsaw - Grasshopper - PS3/Xbox 360 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lollipop Chainsaw - Grasshopper - PS3/Xbox 360  (Read 3184 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:58 AM

I picked this up last night and so far, it's a decent zombie hack and slash with REALLY vulgar language and a bunch of silly pop-culture references. In combat there's a strong focus on killing multiple enemies at the same time, so instead of just slaying zombies wantonly you're supposed to use your non-chainsaw attacks to daze them and sort of push them all together, then chainsaw them all together. Doing it this way vastly increases the amount of medals (in game currency) you earn, and that's important because you use medals to unlock both new combat abilities and more slutty outfits for Juliet.

The story's pretty silly; imagine a cross between a comedy anime and an 80s zombie movie. That's not a bad thing (if you were expecting serious from a game about a cheerleader killing zombies with a chainsaw...) although the humor varies from campy to toilet pretty quickly. Did I mention the language? Do NOT play this with the kids in the room; during one boss battle I was literally dodging the word COCKSUCKER in giant flaming letters as the boss shouted it at me. Reports online indicate that the game's pretty short; I only cleared the first two stages so I'm not certain.

Verdict: Rent it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:46:52 PM

Other sites have indicated that this title may only be 6 hours long or so.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:11:11 PM

No way is it that short, without skipping all the scenes and knowing what you're doing. I played about 3 hours last night and only cleared the tutorial and first real level, including the first boss. There should be at least 4 more bosses, so unless the game is literally just 4 more boss fights, that number is off by a good deal.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:09:12 PM

I've noticed that tons of places are hating on this game for no reason other than the main character is Titty McPanties in a cheerleader outfit instead of Beef McRoid in crappy power armor. If the game were all grimdark about the futility of fighting against the tides of zombies instead of well, a Buffy episode, people would be going apeshit over it.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:29:40 AM

The reviews I'm seeing say that the game is six levels long and each can be cleared in about an hour. I don't know how true that is without playing it though, and if that is game journalists turning down the difficulty so that they can play the whole game quickly.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Lollipop Chainsaw - Grasshopper - PS3/Xbox 360  
Jump to: