Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:12:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: E3 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: E3 2012  (Read 89553 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 04, 2012, 09:40:18 AM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:48:33 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:07:04 AM

Prediction: Nintendo will steal the show with Wii U.  The press and general public will rave about it.  Gamers themselves...not so much.

MS will do another "OMG IT'S KINECT!" press show.

Sony will still be apologizing for failure.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:17:24 AM

Smart glass is rather cool. It also undercuts the shit out of WII U.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:29:30 AM

I am not going to get excited about smart glass until I can see how it works with my iPad and iPhone.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 10:30:01 AM

How?

Do people really still want this gimmicky shit? How's the Wii selling?
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 10:37:19 AM

This is the saddest Microsoft E3 presentation I've seen in years.

"Hey, you wanna pull up a map of the Game of Thrones universe being live updated by some wage slave data entry grunt? GOOGLE MAPS BING MAPS THAT SHIT."
"Hey, if you pay hundreds of dollars for a fucking Windows 8 tablet you can have some useless utility for games! Hang on guys, I know this is the 200th time we've played this map, but lemme pull up a useless map of this ship and read lore!"
"Here's some shit that Netflix was doing like 3 years ago!"

Ascend looked AWFUL. Like pre-beta awful.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 10:37:32 AM

Also: IE for Xbox. lol

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:45:46 AM

Thanks for that, I'm not watching any of this shit.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 10:54:32 AM

MS will do another "OMG IT'S KINECT!" press show.

So far you've been pretty correct.   Just about every game that's had a demo instead of being just a trailer has shown how it works with X-box

I'll confess I'm intrigued by the South Park game, though.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 11:02:23 AM

Matt Stone and Trey Parker do not want to do South Park anymore and have not wanted to for something like 5-6 years now.

They looked flat out pained to be doing this game.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 11:09:49 AM

How?

Do people really still want this gimmicky shit? How's the Wii selling?

I don't know if people want it. I may, it had some neat features in the home entertainment realm. It undercuts WII-U because it looks like a direct answer to it. I wonder if Nintendo has something else about WII-U to show. I think the WII does well as far as sales go.

Two second google numbers:

Worldwide sales figures

Wii – 95.85 million as of 31 March 2012[8]
    Xbox 360 – 65.8 million as of 12 January 2012[52]
    PlayStation 3 – 63.9 million as of 31 March 2012[5

Matt Stone and Trey Parker do not want to do South Park anymore and have not wanted to for something like 5-6 years now.

The intro joke was rather brilliant. I don't know about this "They don't want to do it anymore", they could remedy that easily.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:12:48 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 11:13:54 AM

If you're making tens of millions a year reliably churning out shit and signed a really long contract I imagine it's hard to just quit.

It's pretty clear they want to do ANYTHING but South Park. The only time I've seen them look remotely happy in interviews is the whole phase where their musical, "The Book of Mormon" was doing ridiculously well.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 11:22:20 AM

I know that, but I'll cry for them when they stop signing the renewal contracts and walk away from the money.   They haven't yet and they signed a renewal agreement through 2016 just last year.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 01:23:05 PM

New Simcity looks amazing.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 01:32:45 PM

Also: IE for Xbox. lol
That actually is a big deal. Here's what I wrote back in 2006 awesome, for real

Honestly, I think we are getting closer and closer to a merge. Pretty soon it wont be console vs PC, cause they console will be your PC. Look at xbox live on the 360, this is the first step IMO to merging the two machines. How long is it going to be really until we have one box and a nice TV? Not long. Also, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME A MOUSE AND KEYBOARD FOR MY XBOX.
Not going to happen as long as Microsoft can and continues to charge monopoly prices for its OS. It would be financial suicide for MS to allow people to run general applications on the Xbox/Xbox 360. Just imagine what would happen to MS's (and Intel's) stock if you could run IE and hook up a printer to a $299 Xbox 360.

So for MS to put IE on the Xbox to me means they see the writing on wall and the Windows gravy train at the consumer level is coming to an end.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 02:01:11 PM

Yeah...but no.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 04:22:32 PM

So far you've been pretty correct.   Just about every game that's had a demo instead of being just a trailer has shown how it works with X-box

It's almost a repeat of last year's E3.  Hell, this comic was made last year, and it's still holds true today:

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 05:57:24 PM

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 08:52:53 PM

Last of Us gameplay I watched about 30 seconds, and decided I'm going into blackout mode on this game. 

The naval battle in Assassin's Creed 3 looks amazingly fun.  We'll see. 
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 10:03:51 PM

Star Wars 1313. Impressive visuals. Running on high end PC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U08QNPk0ZNE&hd=1
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 12:38:46 AM

Where did this come from? I liked the clip from the start, then from 6:30 onward my jaw dropped and hasn't closed. And I didn't see any bullet sponges. Still can't believe how good it all looked.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:54:00 AM by ffc »
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 06:26:36 AM

So is watchdogs next gen or current gen?

schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 06:27:21 AM

Awesome gen. Who knows.

(In the other thread it says current gen, that thread down in PC Gaming, that I'm about to lock).
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 06:31:13 AM

Where did this come from? I liked the clip from the start, then from 6:30 onward my jaw dropped and hasn't closed. And I didn't see any bullet sponges. Still can't believe how good it all looked.

I had much the same reaction - my jaw hit the floor once he hacked the traffic signals.  They showed it at the Ubi conference, and while what they showed was running on PC, they've listed platforms as PC/360/PS3.    I'm kind of surprised that something that clearly has a LOT of money wrapped up in it has been so far under the radar until now.  

I wonder if this is what they did with all that work on Splinter Cell: Conviction that got canned when they shuffled it off to another studio and rebooted it.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 06:57:32 AM

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 07:14:09 AM

I like how the character benevolently saved the guy who was trying to revive his girlfriend who seems to have been killed in uh, you know, the fucking traffic accident HE CAUSED.

It's super cool, but it reeks of scripting. I'll be truly impressed if you can wait for the guy to actually get there and THEN pull some shit.

edit: Also let me spoil what I can 100% guarantee is going to happen in The Last of Us - The Dad is going to die heroically at the end.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:20:54 AM by Fabricated »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 07:44:54 AM

schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 08:20:37 AM

Sony is so bad at everything. So we have Beyond (Two Souls) which will just devolve into madness. The Last of Us which will be utterly amazing. Another fucking God of War. And fuckall else. Yay.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 08:21:54 AM

The last of us looks great.

schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 08:22:08 AM

Oh and Jack Tretton has the charisma of the World's Ugliest Dog. They need to get a booth babe to just go up on stage, scream GAMES and then have a trailer. Rinse and repeat. No one fucking likes executives. E3 isn't an "industry" thing anymore. No one wants your shitty subscription service. Pack of idiots.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 08:49:49 AM

The Microsoft presentation was one of the saddest things I've seen in years. The Sony one was nearly as bad.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 08:59:55 AM

So is watchdogs next gen or current gen?
prerendered gen, perhaps.

i fear the game may turn out too much of a pre-scripted "use this ability here or else, watch 5 minutes of cutscene, repeat" sequence with some window dressing, but i guess give it a couple of years and we'll see. Maybe.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 09:02:17 AM

Stolen from elsewhere re: MS presentation -
New Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable. This is going to be the best 2008 ever.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 09:31:38 AM

Last of Us gameplay I watched about 30 seconds, and decided I'm going into blackout mode on this game. 

The naval battle in Assassin's Creed 3 looks amazingly fun.  We'll see. 
We turned on the tv in the middle of the AC3 naval battle and both of us were impressed, though I kept trying to figure out how much was actual gameplay. Just looked stunning, and I was hoping it was a new Pirates! title, honestly. Then they wrapped up the clip and said AC3 and I was all "Whu?".

Last of Us looked cool until they bleep bombed the shit out of things and I had to mute the tv before my cat clawed my face off. Dead Space 3 also got unnecessarily swear-bomby. I guess swearing is cool again?

And Watch Dogs...yeah. Please let them not screw that one up too much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: E3 2012  
Jump to: