Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: June 8th beta weekend 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 8th beta weekend  (Read 69658 times)
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: June 20, 2012, 01:26:21 AM

It's a change of mind-set from "ticking off a task-list" to "what's happening here?"

Frankly I'm perfectly happy with those who run off or speed through content missing it and having to grind out the difference. It's training. Though that sort of person will probably be downloading a "optimised event sequence" walk-through from the web anyway, so don't really need in-game hints.

On a more serious note the second event should announce itself on the map and on the task bar with the current mechanics, though I'm not certain what the range is. I'd think that would be enough. The person who has wandered off will see there is an event nearby to play and quickly realise it's a continuation.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: June 20, 2012, 07:10:01 AM

Well the thing is, some events take some time to start after a previous one is finished.  People just don't like to stand around waiting and want to get back to playing.  Also, some events don't have a continued part too.  So, sometimes you wait around and are rewarded with a second part, sometimes you wait around and get nothing.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: June 20, 2012, 07:27:35 AM

It would make sense if the quest progress box stayed open on the upper right if the event was morphing into another one.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #213 on: June 20, 2012, 07:32:25 AM

I agree, but I also think it would be useful if it was more obvious that the quest would continue.
I kind of like the impatient mmogtard penalty.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: June 8th beta weekend  
Jump to: