Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:01:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bungie's Destiny  (Read 393902 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #945 on: September 08, 2015, 09:16:44 AM

Grammar be hard, yo.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #946 on: September 22, 2015, 05:50:53 AM

Logged in last night for the first time since v2, and boy is my plasteel tired.  So far it's an enormous improvement.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #947 on: September 22, 2015, 10:15:28 AM

I've been playing a lot.

It's super fun. There is a ton of content now. I haven't been paying attention to the min/maxer bullshit, so maybe that is why I am enjoying it more.

I think the people who are the most upset are the ones who have been playing a lot since release and now realize what release should have been.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #948 on: September 22, 2015, 10:41:04 AM

Yea maybe.  I'll admit that I considered being upset about my Armamentarium dropping from 430(?) to 170 armor, and sort of cried a little looking at my Confluence, but just the improvements I saw while fucking around the Tower for 20 minutes looked like they would make up for it all.  I love the new iPhones.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #949 on: September 22, 2015, 08:35:46 PM

I never played min-maxer style and enjoyed it the entire time. It's now So. Much. Better though.

The cutscenes haven't completely replaced the grimoire stuff and the lore has gone into fucking overdrive. The Books of Sorrow are fucking nuts.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #950 on: September 23, 2015, 07:45:29 AM

I haven't really read word one of the lore as far as cards go I mostly just go from what the game outright tells me

at least the factions have a fucking ingame explanation for what they want now.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #951 on: September 23, 2015, 09:46:20 AM

It's all variants of "get moose and squirrel". why so serious?

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #952 on: September 24, 2015, 04:47:00 PM

So if you haven't played the game since level 20something and were mostly doing quests (and dailies, etc) as a casual rather than many instances and no raiding at all, is there any point/content to play through?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #953 on: September 24, 2015, 06:28:12 PM

If you liked the the shooting/combat mechanics of the game then yes. It's still the same game in that aspect so if not you'd probably not care that much for it. But getting to level 40 is much more like playing an MMO now except much faster then what is typical. A lot of quests on top of the story line, gear comes faster and more often. The third subclasses all seem to be pretty fun. Post 40 and leveling your light level is much better then the way is used to be handled. This really is what the game should have shipped like.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #954 on: September 25, 2015, 05:34:14 AM

Quality of life improvements seem to exist in abundance.  Not having to carry or bank things like ships, bikes, emblems, and paintjobs (unless you want to switch out while in the field) is really great.  Being able to buy the exotics you've already unlocked is nice (but I'll bank my upgraded ones, I think).  No more '3 separate armor crafting resources' is great.  I really wish I had some time to play.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #955 on: September 28, 2015, 05:11:51 PM

One more question for those with a PS4 and a digital copy - can someone who doesn't "own" TKK on their account play it on someone else's machine where it's installed? I know you can do this with most normal games, but due to the MMO-nature of Destiny, I'm wondering if it's tied to the account only and not the actual PS4 as well as other games are.

My wife and I have a PS4 each, and digital purchases and PSN are on my account, but I play on "her" machine with my account (keeping access to my PS+ and digital games), and she plays on "my" machine, which gives her access to all my digital games and PS+ access. We buy some stuff like this, but for TKK the money savings will be minimal because local retail prices for the physical copies atm are MUCH cheaper than PSN but the de-discing would be great.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #956 on: September 28, 2015, 05:27:19 PM

It would appear to me that you can, as I was playing on my buddy's PS4 over the weekend.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #957 on: September 28, 2015, 06:56:21 PM

I know it works on Xbox one.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #958 on: September 28, 2015, 07:22:39 PM

It would appear to me that you can, as I was playing on my buddy's PS4 over the weekend.

Do you have the game on your own PSN account?

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #959 on: September 28, 2015, 07:23:15 PM

Do you own the game digitally on your own PSN account? Did you have to make a Destiny account? If no and yes, that's great!

Strazos

Reply #960 on: September 29, 2015, 07:55:30 PM

I own the base game on my PS4 at home, from a physical disc.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #961 on: September 30, 2015, 06:53:01 AM

Excellent. And so just to be absolutely clear (before I spend a hundred bucks), you were able to use your existing Destiny account from the base game and log in using your own account on your mate's PS4 who has a digital copy of TKK and play and access the full expanded set of content?

Strazos

Reply #962 on: September 30, 2015, 06:23:35 PM

Yes.

I own a physical copy of base Destiny, and digitally unlocked all DLC up to TKK on my home system. My buddy was in the same situation with his own PS4 and Destiny stuff.

I was at his house, he bought and downloaded TKK using his accounts and played a bit. I later log into his PS4 with my own credentials, then log into Destiny and proceed to run a few TKK missions using my own characters and such.

Fear the Backstab!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #963 on: September 30, 2015, 07:34:13 PM

Ah, so you already had TKK on your account before you logged onto his PS4? I'm trying to see if someone who doesn't have TKK unlocked on their PS4 can log in and use it.

Strazos

Reply #964 on: September 30, 2015, 08:47:20 PM

Negative - I didn't buy it until I got home. My first TKK play was on buddy's console.

Fear the Backstab!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #965 on: October 01, 2015, 06:57:57 PM

Ah - perfect!
Thanks for helping out with that. I guess I'm gonna go buy it now.  awesome, for real

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #966 on: April 15, 2016, 05:52:30 PM

Anyone still playing this? I saw they had a new overhaul patch recently. I came back for TKK and enjoyed it for awhile but as a casual without interest in 6-hour raids or trying to make groups out of game with preset times and time allocations for higher content I eventually hit the grindwall and lost interest again.

Strazos

Reply #967 on: April 18, 2016, 10:14:59 PM

Ehhh, we finished hard mode Oryx, plus challenge mode, so I dropped it.

Fear the Backstab!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #968 on: April 18, 2016, 11:53:47 PM

Still hopping in and out occasionally. Also ran a HM Oryx. didn't do challenge because well, work and wife and sleep. Managed to trick my hunter out in a full set of Taken gear though.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #969 on: April 19, 2016, 05:59:43 PM

I believe I'm done with this.  It was a great ride.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #970 on: March 31, 2017, 07:50:58 AM

Destiny 2 was announced yesterday. Coming to the PC. If that's your thing.

Blah blah, here's a link to the official site etc etc

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #971 on: April 03, 2017, 12:09:41 PM

They're already blitzing hard on the promotions, too. Every commercial break on Adult Swim Saturnday (after the April fool's joke) and Sunday had at least one D2 commercial.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #972 on: April 06, 2017, 12:48:42 PM

Considering the amount of time I sunk into Destiny, I'm there, day one.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #973 on: April 06, 2017, 09:29:01 PM

Ya that shit got pre ordered as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny  
Jump to: