Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:18:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bungie's Destiny  (Read 393909 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #910 on: April 27, 2015, 08:38:39 AM

Crota hats, like VoG hats are the rarest drops. That said, I got one of those before I got a chest plate. Go figure. That said, HoW will let you upgrade even your old gear, so there's a path to the new level cap for everyone, even non-raiders.

Yeah, that sort of takes the wind out of my sails in terms of working up to 32 ASAP.  Not that I'm going to complain about an upgraded Confluence.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #911 on: April 27, 2015, 09:17:43 AM

When I played, I didn't need the helmet since I had all the yellow helms for my titan. I just grabbed the Crota gear and called it a game till HoW. Now I am not even sure I want to mess around with that... though I will because I already bought it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #912 on: April 28, 2015, 11:29:35 AM

I just started playing again after a hiatus. Hopped in on a group of friends that had just got to Crota hard mode, got some arc damage scout rifle, the shader and some dumb sparrow.

My Warlock and Hunter are both 31, need a helm or chest on my lock to hit 32, hunter needs a few pieces, Titan still holding strong at 30.

I'm just excited I get to dust off the Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence next patch and do some business.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #913 on: April 28, 2015, 05:55:17 PM

Iron Banner just started up today with 36 Light hats as one of the items for sale.  Git 'em while they hot if you like to pewpew other peeps.

most often known as Drevik
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #914 on: April 28, 2015, 06:42:10 PM

I may do that if my Crota runs tonight are not fruitful.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #915 on: April 28, 2015, 07:05:57 PM

I'm doing it for the hat. It's the only piece of 36 light IB gear I don't have.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #916 on: April 29, 2015, 12:42:55 PM

I suck at PvP but I might have to give it a try.  Not wearing the Armamentarium is like having one arm.  Or, like having one grenade, if you're into Destiny. why so serious?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #917 on: May 15, 2015, 04:27:43 PM

Unexpected update today.  I don't know what's going on but all of the sudden we seem to be 4/7ths through a week's long Queen's wrath event even though I swear I logged in yesterday and there was no such thing.  Nothing but shaders as rewards.  Seem to be some new public events linked to HoW.  I don't have room for any of the bounties because I am sitting on ten completed to turn in Tuesday.  I can't turn in any without wasting a faction level up.

Question I probably already know the answer to - if I wear a crucible faction item and turn in a bounty I won't get crucible reputation will I?  Like I would if I was wearing Dead Orbit or something.

Edit: wth was I doing?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:43:01 AM by Miasma »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #918 on: May 16, 2015, 05:25:02 PM

Haven't had much time to play with the invasions but they are not something I can solo, even with a Thunderlord.  Although an arc primary would help, and some arc special that isn't Murmur.

I'm told the chest loot is crap but I haven't see it for myself.  I'm fine doing it for QW rep and shaders.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #919 on: May 18, 2015, 06:26:51 PM

Chest loot is mostly just blue engrams but I've gotten a couple of keys for Prison of Elders, we'll see what all of those do tomorrow, I guess.

That said, here's four minutes of me wrecking shit in Iron Banner....
http://youtu.be/SRGMa7hXVCg

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #920 on: May 18, 2015, 06:43:35 PM

Supposedly there is also legendary gear that you can only get from the chests.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #921 on: May 18, 2015, 09:07:06 PM

I figure anything really cool isn't going to unlock until tomorrow.  I don't want to open any more chests since my inventory is already full of engrams that Master Ahole can't decode.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #922 on: May 20, 2015, 10:34:16 AM

Blew through the story missions last night, did the new strike on nightfall, did two Prison of Elders runs (the matchmade level 28 one, and the weekly 32 one).

The story missions were definitely better than the Crota ones, still not a huge deal.

Prison of Elders is not easy. The modifiers every wave are definitely interesting, so hopefully that will have some legs.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #923 on: May 20, 2015, 10:41:25 AM

The story was a lot better than Crota's with a lot of me going, "oh shit, they're going there? Oh shit, they went there! Bananas!" Like Agent Broyles said, "The Fallen are crafty, they will find ways to survive...they always do..."

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #924 on: June 23, 2015, 03:19:54 PM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #925 on: June 23, 2015, 04:22:18 PM

Except you don't unless you want the extra bells and whistles editions. If you just want the expansion, you can just get the expansion. If you want all the extra shit then you have to get the full-blown editions with shitloads of extra stuff.

People need to sack the fuck up.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #926 on: June 23, 2015, 08:10:50 PM

Why would you link to a poorly written article (uses the term "salty" not only in the headline but in the opening sentence as well making it read like a middle school kid's post on NeoGaf) rather than the original interview the article is talking about?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #927 on: June 23, 2015, 08:36:25 PM

An interview where the interviewer was obviously pushing an agenda and the interviewee responded with a, "fuck you". Whether he should have or not is a different story.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #928 on: June 23, 2015, 09:57:16 PM

That it's exclusive fucking dance emotes that people are worrying about in the first place makes the whole thing dumb anyway.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #929 on: June 23, 2015, 10:15:35 PM

Exactly. I haven't seen this much whining and entitlement in years.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #930 on: June 24, 2015, 07:37:43 AM

They're doing a promo with Red Bull.  Code on the can unlocks an XP boost and an 'exclusive multi-stage quest' from the new expansion.  Non-drinkers will have the quest unlock next year.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:56:56 PM by MisterNoisy »

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #931 on: June 24, 2015, 11:05:52 AM

oh my god my eyes

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #932 on: June 24, 2015, 12:20:50 PM

I don't blame them.  It's where most gaming is going anyways - advertising supported DLC.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #933 on: July 07, 2015, 08:27:52 AM

Finally made it to the end of a lv32 Prison (Floor is Lava boss) and now have the airplane helmet and have reached lv33.  Finally.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #934 on: July 07, 2015, 05:48:35 PM

I spent my entire Iron Banner shooting the shit out of Titans with that damn helmet.

Finished a 35 POE with all my characters now. Fuck Skolas in his fallen earhole(s).

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #935 on: July 08, 2015, 08:31:04 AM

I didn't actually wonder if those condor wings increased the hitbox of my noggin, but just another reason to keep my ass out of PvP in any case.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #936 on: September 02, 2015, 05:52:15 AM

I've been on hiatus since my last post and I can only imagine how my skill has deteriorated over two months.  I did pre-order Destiny 2, though, so I'm sure I'll be derping my way through it soon enough.  So, uh, you know, if you see me on....

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #937 on: September 02, 2015, 01:23:11 PM

I spent the last week doing the last pre-Taken King Iron Banner. I didn't need to as everything on offer this go around was stuff I already had. I did it more-or-less to troll all the Thorn using, shotgun sliding, recently purchased Gjallarhorn using min-maxer douchebags that the banner brings out. To that end, I used one of the shittiest, yet hardest to get guns in the game and danced every time I killed one of those shitheels with it.

I danced a lot.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #938 on: September 02, 2015, 06:12:06 PM

I went from 26 to 32 in the past few weeks trying to get ready. I'm going to try to play this time around now that there are more social features in.

Still haven't managed to get a group for the level 32 thingy that rewards an armor core item... Oh well. I'm sure the new expansion will replace all of my gear quickly.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #939 on: September 03, 2015, 07:25:54 AM

I'm sure the new expansion will replace all of my gear quickly.

I'd expect so.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #940 on: September 04, 2015, 07:07:50 PM

I went from 26 to 32 in the past few weeks trying to get ready. I'm going to try to play this time around now that there are more social features in.

Still haven't managed to get a group for the level 32 thingy that rewards an armor core item... Oh well. I'm sure the new expansion will replace all of my gear quickly.

PS4?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #941 on: September 05, 2015, 07:29:31 PM

Interesting article abouy how the music composer for all their games got fired

http://kotaku.com/how-halo-and-destinys-composer-got-fired-from-bungie-1728943410

Hic sunt dracones.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #942 on: September 06, 2015, 10:37:29 AM

PS4?

Yes, and I think I have you on my friends list. NDizzl0r (horrible I know)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #943 on: September 06, 2015, 10:21:31 PM

I'm back in NYC on Thursday, if you're on during the day, we'll get you through a 32 and maybe a 34.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #944 on: September 08, 2015, 05:06:54 AM

Interesting article abouy how the music composer for all their games got fired

http://kotaku.com/how-halo-and-destinys-composer-got-fired-from-bungie-1728943410

I don't know why Mike Fahey still can't type complete sentences.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny  
Jump to: