Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bungie's Destiny  (Read 394004 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #595 on: October 09, 2014, 11:14:07 AM

Level 22 and still haven't found above a green Sniper Rifle. I have three Blue Fusions, which are ok, but I really prefer the sniper. Hate shotguns.

Found my first Legendary last night! "The Comedian" - a shotgun.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Guess I'll try learning to use a shotgun.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #596 on: October 09, 2014, 12:26:14 PM

I managed to get my wife to dress up as her warlock for Halloween this year.

Challenge accepted.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #597 on: October 09, 2014, 12:53:58 PM

I've run afoul of the comedian more times than I'd like lately. Generally in the face.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #598 on: October 09, 2014, 02:57:40 PM

That was my first legendary too and my same reaction. It's now my go to weapon for the little I do pvp. Shotgun is pretty good compensation for sucking.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #599 on: October 10, 2014, 10:54:37 AM

Xûr just sold me an exotic sniper rifle that creates its own ammo. Bring on any fucking juggler challenge you want, bitchez.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #600 on: October 10, 2014, 08:12:37 PM

Xûr just sold me an exotic sniper rifle that creates its own ammo. Bring on any fucking juggler challenge you want, bitchez.

Really debated about dropping some coins on the Icebreaker, but I'll just wait till next week. I want a good primary.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #601 on: October 10, 2014, 09:23:14 PM

I ended up buying the voidvang vestments for my warlock. Right before that had the red god of war shader drop from the cryptarch and it looks awesome with that chest piece. Was a good day.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #602 on: October 11, 2014, 10:22:10 AM

Really debated about dropping some coins on the Icebreaker, but I'll just wait till next week. I want a good primary.

Buy the Icebreaker. Seriously. Your sniper rifle will become your primary for a huge amount of pve content.

(Seriously, its' easily one of the top 3 weapons in the game right now for PvE. I have a maxed out The Last Word and have benched it for this. It's abilities are *ridiculous* plus it has the longest range in the game and hits like a freaking truck. buy buy buy whilst you can).
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #603 on: October 11, 2014, 12:01:44 PM

Yeah, like others have said, I would reconsider.  It's a game-changer.  I have quite a few exotic weapons now, and this is the only one that I'd say that about.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #604 on: October 11, 2014, 02:23:13 PM

I soloed the Nightfall strike with the un-upgraded Icebreaker last night. It's that powerful

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #605 on: October 11, 2014, 03:45:42 PM

I don't like Sniper Rifles very much, so I went with the exotic striker helmet which fulfills my punching needs.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #606 on: October 11, 2014, 03:46:48 PM

I don't even understand how to get faction or buy things. Game has too many fucking currencies.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #607 on: October 11, 2014, 03:52:00 PM

I don't even understand how to get faction or buy things. Game has too many fucking currencies.
Vanguard is the default PvE faction and has a full set of goodies for everyone; one of every type of weapon and a full set of armor. Strike playlists, bounties, patrols all grant rep to them. Marks are given by dailies/weeklys and the strike playlist.

Xur is a weird vendor who only shows up on the weekends and lets you buy shit with "Strange Coins" which you get from engrams and possibly strike rewards, and also sells an exotic engram for motes of light

motes of light can be used to buy character flair shit like icons and Titan Marks/Hunter Cloaks/Warlock Bonds from the Speaker

All the other vendors sell shit for crucible marks and you can buy a character flair thing to have your rep gains go to them.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #608 on: October 11, 2014, 03:52:31 PM

Ok, where and how do I get this Icebreaker thing?
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #609 on: October 11, 2014, 03:55:13 PM

Xur; his position changes every weekend but he's usually near another vendor on the tower. I think it's the same for everyone; for me he's standing near the balcony outside the Speaker's area. Like walk past  the speaker's door and you should prolly see like a half dozen players standing around him at any given time.

Terracotta Army

Reply #610 on: October 11, 2014, 04:47:54 PM

motes of light can be used to buy character flair shit like icons and Titan Marks/Hunter Cloaks/Warlock Bonds from the Speaker

Xur also will take motes of light for an exotic engram. From there, it is a crap shoot if it for you class or not

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #611 on: October 12, 2014, 07:22:44 AM

Never seen Xur. I have strange coins, but am not level 20. Is he level gated?

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Terracotta Army

Reply #612 on: October 12, 2014, 10:38:31 AM

Never seen Xur. I have strange coins, but am not level 20. Is he level gated?

Nope...

just hiding in a different spot every week.

Lounge
Terracotta Army

Reply #613 on: October 12, 2014, 03:42:02 PM

Not just hiding in a different spot, he's only in the tower on Friday and Saturday.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: October 12, 2014, 04:03:14 PM

Not just hiding in a different spot, he's only in the tower on Friday and Saturday.
Ah thanks! -- that would explain why he's not there *today*. I didn't know weekends were just Fri and Sat in Destiny-verse.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #615 on: October 12, 2014, 04:20:08 PM

It's 13 coins for a piece of class armor, 17-23 coins for a weapon and 23 I think motes of lights for a legendary engram. There is one piece of class armor, one weapon and an engram every weekend. What's specifically for sale changes every weekend.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #616 on: October 14, 2014, 03:33:27 PM

Destiny business update:

ATVI is still getting man-handled by investors along with the market drop in general. Since Destiny's release the stock has dropped 25%. The DOW in general is about 5% down.

While Destiny isn't seen as a failure by investors, the mixed reception on the game has raised questions about the cancellation of Titan, and further questions on the ability for Destiny to generate revenue in the holiday season.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #617 on: October 20, 2014, 12:45:51 PM

This game has started to kick our asses when attempting higher content.  Nightfall is code for "prepare your anus".

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #618 on: October 20, 2014, 02:03:08 PM

Funny how the stock peaked right after Destiny then took a nosedive after. 5-year history on ATVI was interesting. What happened in 2013 that brought the stock up from 10 to its peak at Destiny's launch? Destiny development?

Where are these questions being raised? I'd like to read the discussion.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #619 on: October 20, 2014, 02:15:15 PM

Funny how the stock peaked right after Destiny then took a nosedive after. 5-year history on ATVI was interesting. What happened in 2013 that brought the stock up from 10 to its peak at Destiny's launch? Destiny development?

Where are these questions being raised? I'd like to read the discussion.

Destiny and Titan were in the pipeline, and the stock was bumped up on the Vivendi buyout. The game was supposed to do no wrong, then didn't blow everything out of the water. The problem is that ATVI is leaning on some fairly outdated franchises while their newer stuff such as Destiny hasn't been received as well or with the same enthusiasm.

Part of it is the game, but a bigger part of it is the astronomical costs. Several people have said that Destiny doesn't feel like a $500M game, but that's what it cost. It's going to cost more with updates. That kind of budget is frankly absurd, and a game that nets over $375M in the first week should be profitable immediately. This one wasn't.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #620 on: October 23, 2014, 06:54:41 PM

these triple-a games are starting to perch themselves on the same cliff as hollywood movies, where it's really not about the initial box office take but perpetual returns on distribution rights for movies that are never intended to make back their value in theaters.

in this case, destiny's exorbitant cost is purely a vessel for franchise expansions, dlc, addons, and whatever else they can use to leech millions out of players in the future.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: October 23, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

If they're going the COD route with Destiny and releasing sequels that are glorified map packs, that $500m makes a lot more sense.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #622 on: October 27, 2014, 01:29:35 PM

Part of it is the game, but a bigger part of it is the astronomical costs. Several people have said that Destiny doesn't feel like a $500M game, but that's what it cost. It's going to cost more with updates. That kind of budget is frankly absurd, and a game that nets over $375M in the first week should be profitable immediately. This one wasn't.

It's a lot of arena fighting, right? w/ some open world PvE thrown in? Rather than the traditional emphasis on 'worldcrafting' in an MMO?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #623 on: October 27, 2014, 02:03:14 PM

It has arena PvP built in, with large PvE maps.  It's pretty much Halo 2014.  Worldcrafting?  Like a world lore, or like player housing?  It has one of those.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #624 on: October 27, 2014, 03:24:28 PM

If they're going the COD route with Destiny and releasing sequels that are glorified map packs, that $500m makes a lot more sense.

Yup I expect thats the route they are going to go and the core gameplay is pretty fun. Its just that the story line at the moment makes less sense than the last red faction game I played and that is a pretty amazing statement if one played the last red faction game. It is going to be pretty interesting what their price points on the DLC are and how much content gets added. If people feel like they are paying 15/20 bucks for stuff that should have been in the initial release that could kill the game off long term.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: October 27, 2014, 10:22:46 PM

Been leveling up toons in SWTOR since they have a 12x XP bump going on for subs through Dec 2.

But damn if it doesn't make me wish for the gun mechanics and world graphics of Destiny combined with the melee mechanics/animations of Shadow of Mordor -- the two games I've been playing most this fall.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #626 on: November 01, 2014, 08:48:35 PM

So finally online with this. Would be happy to have friends. If people are still playing that is.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #627 on: November 03, 2014, 12:56:08 PM

I have strep now but I will be back eventually.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #628 on: November 03, 2014, 03:21:26 PM

I'm still playing regularly. Friend me if you're on PS4

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #629 on: November 03, 2014, 04:22:16 PM

I traded my copy in. Got bored and nothing in the DLC sounded exciting.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny  
Jump to: