Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard  (Read 51161 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #105 on: June 04, 2012, 03:44:41 PM

Seems like there are always a couple dungeons and some events in that first little section of the siege engines quest before you go across the first bridge, that might be worth trying.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: June 05, 2012, 08:29:24 AM

Into Act III with my HC Demon Hunter...had one scary Act II thing while getting Zoltan Kulle's blood, my wife distracted me exactly when there was a lag spike and when I looked back I was dealing with an arcane + jailer pack *and* an aggroed fire-throwing pack of goobers in the other direction. Started vaulting away and ended up in the middle of yet another pack of baddies. Just started running and gunning then and of course kept running into new groups--had half the map chasing me and I was terrified that the jailers would get close enough. Managed to gun down enough to stay alive though and eventually thinned it all out.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: June 05, 2012, 08:54:28 AM

That's a heartwarming tale of how you managed to triumph and overcome despite your wife wanting to talk to you.

why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #108 on: June 05, 2012, 09:27:07 AM

Diablo down again, this time as WD. On to nightmare, and this time I'm not gonna be an idiot.

Also, I have two buddies with 60's in HC. Both their first guys. That's pretty badass.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: June 05, 2012, 09:31:57 AM

Hit me up, Slayerik, let's roll. I've also got mule after mule full of stuff I can gift down to you.

I just decided not to farm it up, (largely because those Blood guys with every hit knockbacks are really annoying, and a little bit dangerous) and go straight on to Azmodan. Boom.

That said, I'm now being very wary of doing stuff when Wrath is on cooldown: I'm starting to get packs of mobs which are pretty much inescapable.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: June 05, 2012, 01:17:16 PM

That's a heartwarming tale of how you managed to triumph and overcome despite your wife wanting to talk to you.

why so serious?

Believe me, she became all too aware of what was almost her fault.  Shaking fist
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: June 09, 2012, 02:08:31 PM

We started a friendly Hardcore competition at work.

Fucking Fallen Maniacs. I knew they were in this part of the game, but it only takes one corner turn...

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: June 10, 2012, 10:29:47 AM

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 10, 2012, 01:14:36 PM

And here we go!

Hit 60 about midway through Act IV. Would have been a 5-stack NV Diablo kill, but in the last 15 seconds I accidentally dragged one of my skills off the bar.  awesome, for real

And I guess I'm done for a bit!
lesion

Reply #114 on: June 10, 2012, 05:07:03 PM

Heh! 'twas hubris that killed the beast.

I was super careful, lost a 55 DH to a disconnect. I'm done for a bit.

Supergrats, stats. Way to do it!

steam|a grue \[T]/
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: June 10, 2012, 11:06:22 PM

Just took down Diablo solo in nightmare HC. Now up to 51. Vision Quest WD is fun. Dire Bats HOOOO

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: June 11, 2012, 03:31:44 AM

51 on hardcore ?

Fucking hell.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 11, 2012, 04:44:37 AM

My HC monk has clearly decided that the safest way to progress is to massively outlevel all the content. +92.4 xp per kill and 15% flat bonus is pretty funny -- level 30 at the end of Act III Normal, but presumably once I get to actual difficulty levels, I will need to replace these stats with proper gear.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 11, 2012, 11:39:06 AM

My HC monk has clearly decided that the safest way to progress is to massively outlevel all the content. +92.4 xp per kill and 15% flat bonus is pretty funny -- level 30 at the end of Act III Normal, but presumably once I get to actual difficulty levels, I will need to replace these stats with proper gear.

That's good advice, and exactly how I plowed through normal mode (minus the helm piece, took life gem instead). In NM, I slowly started switching into non-exp gear. Exp gear is cheap.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: June 11, 2012, 12:18:17 PM

I think you've either got to out-level, or out-gear. But you don't need both.

And by outgear, this just means being diligent about your upgrades, and making sure you have tons of Vit.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: June 12, 2012, 06:56:31 AM

This is why I don't understand the appeal of HC. It's not just dependent upon you as a player.

If this happened to me, I'd lose the will to ever play again.

I don't like dying in softcore; it's not the repair costs (although that will add to my annoyance once they go up), it's the feeling of failure.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #121 on: June 12, 2012, 07:03:16 AM

This is why I don't understand the appeal of HC. It's not just dependent upon you as a player.

This is really all that needs to be said. I lost my HC barb to the belial fight because of a misguided mouse cursor catching one of the boss's oversized appendages - I am fine with that. Mistake made. Disconnected and dying through no fault of my own... no.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: June 12, 2012, 08:22:18 AM

Pansies. ;)

Had a couple lag spikes last night that woulda killed me had I been fighting an elite pack or a boss. HC is like russian roulette baby!!! So far hell isn't so bad. Might build a vacation home here...

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: June 12, 2012, 08:25:54 AM

99% of the time, it is. Unfortunately, that 1% can wipe your ass out. I call it the price you pay. The game just feels more pure, like a real dungeon crawl. The AH and economy is not a horrible fucking joke like SC is.

lesion

Reply #124 on: June 12, 2012, 09:13:36 AM

I wonder if it's possible to stack enough thorns to explode things by just standing still. HM.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: June 12, 2012, 09:21:24 AM

I wonder if it's possible to stack enough thorns to explode things by just standing still. HM.

Depending on level and which difficulty setting you are playing... then yes. I did this last night running my buddy through Bastion's on NORMAL with my 60 Barbie. Loaded up my GF/MF gear which has some thorns on it and shit was running up to me, taking a swing, and outright dying on the connection.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: June 12, 2012, 09:39:54 AM

Too bad thorns damage does not appear to scale at all based on anything (like, say, a modifier of your main damage stat, that would make sense?) I am sure those Inferno mobs are really bothered by taking 827 damage, when they have 30k hp.

But yeah, trolling lower difficulty levels is one way to get a bit of that old d2-nutso-build feel.
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: June 12, 2012, 09:43:46 AM

Too bad thorns damage does not appear to scale at all based on anything (like, say, a modifier of your main damage stat, that would make sense?) I am sure those Inferno mobs are really bothered by taking 827 damage, when they have 30k hp.

But yeah, trolling lower difficulty levels is one way to get a bit of that old d2-nutso-build feel.

I called it hanging out with my buddy in chicago online.   why so serious?

But yeah... thorns does fuck all in Inferno (and in Hell for that matter), even with the passive up on my Barbie.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: June 12, 2012, 09:48:36 AM

Oh I didn't mean 'trolling' negatively, just seemed an apt description of what it must feel like for those poor mobs. I ended up in Normal with my level 60 Barb the other day, it was hilarious watching my Enchantress one-shot Azmodan (achievements! must have them!)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: June 12, 2012, 11:10:02 AM

If this happened to me, I'd lose the will to ever play again.

I don't like dying in softcore; it's not the repair costs (although that will add to my annoyance once they go up), it's the feeling of failure.

It's the same itch that playing roguelikes scratches - when you're dead in Nethack, you're dead (and I've lost my share of characters to crashes playing roguelikes over the years for sure.) It is definitely not for everyone, and there's certainly nothing wrong with NOT enjoying hardcore, I imagine it is a relatively small minority of people who enjoy that sort of thing.

Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: June 12, 2012, 11:14:59 AM

Oh I didn't mean 'trolling' negatively, just seemed an apt description of what it must feel like for those poor mobs. I ended up in Normal with my level 60 Barb the other day, it was hilarious watching my Enchantress one-shot Azmodan (achievements! must have them!)

No offense taken. I got my Maniac achievement last night whirlwinding a room full of them. Achievements are horrible things in general, but god damn I like reading some of them and thinking, why is that even a recognition.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: June 12, 2012, 11:19:25 AM

So I hated achievements in Wow but I think they are well done in D3. Not sure why.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: June 12, 2012, 11:20:36 AM

So I hated achievements in Wow but I think they are well done in D3. Not sure why.

I think it helps a lot that they're in from the start, so you don't have to 'waste' time going back and doing content you already did to have achievement credit for them.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: June 12, 2012, 11:31:35 AM

Well not to mention that you are already endlessly repeating the content -- you can get an achievement the first time you kill Belial or the thirty-second, but you were gonna kill him all those times for other reasons anyhow.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: June 12, 2012, 09:40:03 PM

Getting achievements makes farming not feel like farming.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: June 13, 2012, 05:43:04 AM

And here we go!

Hit 60 about midway through Act IV. Would have been a 5-stack NV Diablo kill, but in the last 15 seconds I accidentally dragged one of my skills off the bar.  awesome, for real

And I guess I'm done for a bit!

Christ Tasty you lapped me, I'm still in act 1 hell on my 55 WD!  mind if i call on you when/if i get to act 4 for a diablo kill run?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: June 13, 2012, 08:03:13 AM

Amiable, I got butcher down and just hit 54. Hit me up if you aren't scared to duo :)

Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: June 13, 2012, 02:43:48 PM

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: June 13, 2012, 06:12:38 PM

Oh god, the clicking.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: June 13, 2012, 06:46:18 PM

Y'all are a bunch of masochists, you know that?

He was remarkably calm, considering that he didn't even burst into tears.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard  
Jump to: