Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:18:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Quick Questions Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 44110 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #70 on: May 16, 2012, 12:32:54 PM

They come through the story stuff directly - first one is the templar dude just before you get to the skeleton king.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 16, 2012, 12:33:30 PM

When do you get followers?  I had some dude ask me if he could follow in Book 1- I told him to pack sand for fear he would steal my shiny drops and XP.

You get them when you stop being such a dick to followers!

(you can go back and hire them in town once you've met them)
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 16, 2012, 12:42:03 PM

Has anyone had any blacksmithing/jewelcrafting recipes drop for them? Or any item above rare?

Yellow hats are on the first set of the second tier at the blacksmith.  (Maybe one earlier.)

No patterns though.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 16, 2012, 12:46:05 PM

As far as I can tell, everyone joins into someone else's game at whatever point the originator is at. You can also choose which quest to work on from the menu before joining, but that will be more for specialized runs after everyone has seen the story first.
It was odd. I joined a buddy last night. He was level 9, I was a fresh level 1. I was a DH so I could just hang back and shoot the stuff he was fighting, and I was catching up fairly quickly. Due to joining his game in progress, I skipped the first few quests of Act 1.
I don't mind, I played them in the beta, but I'm wondering about later on when I'm skipping quests that I haven't played in order to MP....

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #74 on: May 16, 2012, 12:47:47 PM

I got a record of killing 40 monsters with one spell last night without realising, so yes - they definitely put a lot more on screen that other games, and having some sort of room clearing ability is handy for those situations.

Jar of Souls got me a 69 record (though I only got a 29 in one blow) and there were many more when the timer hit 0 and they all blew apart... so yeah.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #75 on: May 16, 2012, 12:56:31 PM

As far as I can tell, everyone joins into someone else's game at whatever point the originator is at. You can also choose which quest to work on from the menu before joining, but that will be more for specialized runs after everyone has seen the story first.
It was odd. I joined a buddy last night. He was level 9, I was a fresh level 1. I was a DH so I could just hang back and shoot the stuff he was fighting, and I was catching up fairly quickly. Due to joining his game in progress, I skipped the first few quests of Act 1.
I don't mind, I played them in the beta, but I'm wondering about later on when I'm skipping quests that I haven't played in order to MP....

Your character is saved at the last quest you completed.  If you start another quest at an earlier point in time you can jump back there to complete it. (I did this already this morning.  I'd missed one of the key events in Act1 when I jumped in to Ragnoros' game)   

So, yes, a fresh level 1 could jump in to the end of Act2 with me and move forward.  They'd have to go back and complete the previous act's quests if they wanted to jump into any other public games prior to that point, though.  (i.e. they'd have to start at Act1, quest 1 and run forward from there.)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 16, 2012, 03:36:08 PM

Regarding the SK and yellows, the first time you kill him (or most boss monsters) you have a very high (100%?) chance to get a pair of yellows. Killing him again only gives you a standard named mob's loot roll.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
WayAbvPar

Reply #77 on: May 16, 2012, 03:38:48 PM

There is always the chance that the yellows that may have dropped were misidentified by the new owner and dropped into the gaping maw of the blacksmith salvage beast, but I don't think so. Also a chance they are equipped on my character and I am just a mental deficient. I will check when I get home  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 16, 2012, 04:10:32 PM

Has anyone had any blacksmithing/jewelcrafting recipes drop for them? Or any item above rare?

Yellow hats are on the first set of the second tier at the blacksmith.  (Maybe one earlier.)

No patterns though.

I have several rare patterns which you get through levelling up. I'm stuck on the levelling because I now need pages of training to progress. I guess I'll start seeing those once I finish Act IV.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #79 on: May 16, 2012, 04:47:40 PM

There is always the chance that the yellows that may have dropped were misidentified by the new owner and dropped into the gaping maw of the blacksmith salvage beast, but I don't think so. Also a chance they are equipped on my character and I am just a mental deficient. I will check when I get home  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
It would be pretty hard to mistake a yellow for a blue since you need to identify a yellow (with a right click) to see its attributes.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: May 16, 2012, 05:14:07 PM

Constantly grouped with my partner. We got to level 10, killed the Skeleton King, only got one yellow out of him and that was it. I am not complaining about the game in general, but I have these fond feelings about a much more colourful looting experience. Maybe it's really just H:L that spoiled me and overwrote the D2 memories.

Try adding another. It was raining yellows for me today in a 3 man. Later acts seem better.

Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 16, 2012, 05:14:55 PM

You guys dumping your money into crafting?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 16, 2012, 05:27:03 PM

I have been; JC is mandatory if you plan to use socketed items, and BS helps to fill slots that you're otherwise unlucky with.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #83 on: May 16, 2012, 06:10:39 PM

You guys dumping your money into crafting?

I've been dumping money into stash slots because I'm an altaholic and a hoarder.

10k is too cheap for another row, friends with better blacksmiths can craft stuff for you.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: May 16, 2012, 06:31:49 PM

Is blacksmithing completely random? i.e, what you make ends up with 2 or whatever random attributes?
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 16, 2012, 06:32:22 PM

Seems so...

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #86 on: May 16, 2012, 06:33:11 PM

Yep, seems like it. I've mostly been lucky and have made some nice stuff on the first or second try, but I've definitely made some shitty random-ass gear with weird stats.

God Save the Horn Players
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #87 on: May 16, 2012, 06:35:37 PM

What is other people's latency at?  I hover betweein 30-40ms in WoW but in diablo I'm at 200ms.  It's fine, I just don't get the discrepancy.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #88 on: May 16, 2012, 07:04:18 PM

Are Rune affects cumulative?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #89 on: May 16, 2012, 07:08:40 PM

What is other people's latency at?  I hover betweein 30-40ms in WoW but in diablo I'm at 200ms.  It's fine, I just don't get the discrepancy.

40 - 100ms. No noticeable lag, except 'teleporting' once or twice tonight. (that's playing from Austria on European servers)

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 16, 2012, 07:10:55 PM

Are Rune affects cumulative?
You can only slot one rune per skill, so no.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 16, 2012, 08:40:56 PM

Quick Question:

Covetous Shen, great NPC or greatest NPC?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: May 16, 2012, 10:31:31 PM

It came up a few times today, so thought I'd just inform others

Bank slots: first page is 10k per upgrade. To open the second tab costs 100k, but the next upgrade within that tab is only 10k again. I'm only two upgrades into the second tab, so don't know how much 3rd tab costs yet  but it is good that it isn't 100k for each upgrade in 2nd tab.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #93 on: May 17, 2012, 04:56:46 AM

Thanks Segoris.  I was worried that after saving up 100k I'd be hit by even more insane per-upgrade costs too.

I need to stop hoarding so much junk!
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: May 17, 2012, 05:43:50 AM

Turns out a level one hero has the same inventory space as a fully-upgraded stash page so.... hello bank alts.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: May 17, 2012, 07:52:00 AM

With my new WD I've gotten 2 yellows per boss up through the end of Act I.  Mmm.  First time I killed the SK with my Monk, I got zip.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: May 17, 2012, 09:07:56 AM

Anyone know why I can equip a sword, but not swing it as a DH?

Also, Stash is not shared across toons?  ACK!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 17, 2012, 09:10:40 AM

Stash is shared across characters.  As is your gold.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #98 on: May 17, 2012, 09:34:11 AM

Also, Stash is not shared across toons?  ACK!

Have you tried unselecting any powers? (so that you are just using the default attack). Seems most of the actual attack powers for DH require a bow. Making a viable dual sword wielding DH seems unlikely.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 17, 2012, 09:54:45 AM

Stash is shared across characters.  As is your gold.

Which cuts both ways. I dumped a crap load of gold into upping my crafting skill on my WD without realizing this is not just his gold.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 17, 2012, 10:06:49 AM

Well, since the artisans are shared across all characters, it's not so bad.

Has anyone figured out what the "recieve a blessing" dude in the town does? He seems to do bugger all for me.

Achievements seem to be bugged too. I have my achievements for hitting levels 20 and 30, but none for level 10, ho hum....

Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 17, 2012, 10:09:15 AM

Achievements being buggy is a known issue.  

Aside from the tremendous number of players simultaneously logging in to the game, one of the launch-day service issues was linked to the achievement system. Some players began to notice early on that achievements were either not being earned properly, or not being saved between multiple logins. We’re investigating this issue and will provide a specific update as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:10:55 AM by Quinton »
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: May 17, 2012, 10:21:42 AM

Has anyone figured out what the "recieve a blessing" dude in the town does? He seems to do bugger all for me.

Achievements seem to be bugged too. I have my achievements for hitting levels 20 and 30, but none for level 10, ho hum....

Pretty sure he is just a stationary healbot. Lightwell, if you will.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: May 17, 2012, 04:09:43 PM

Achievements being buggy is a known issue.  

Aside from the tremendous number of players simultaneously logging in to the game, one of the launch-day service issues was linked to the achievement system. Some players began to notice early on that achievements were either not being earned properly, or not being saved between multiple logins. We’re investigating this issue and will provide a specific update as soon as possible.

Cheers

Pretty sure he is just a stationary healbot. Lightwell, if you will.

Fair enough, I just assumed he had done something more awesome in beta, and they hadn't actually got around to taking him out, or he does something awesome, but it's invisible to me.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #104 on: May 17, 2012, 04:29:02 PM

Because you can't shoot arrows with a sword. There are SOME non-bow things a DH can do and if you desperately want to be the very specialest snowflake around, you can probably build a DH that uses swords, but ... man, why would you want to.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Quick Questions Thread  
Jump to: