Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Can you get TOR in Origin (without buying thru Origin)? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can you get TOR in Origin (without buying thru Origin)?  (Read 2505 times)
Terracotta Army

on: April 20, 2012, 05:15:40 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know if you get get TOR into your Origin without having to buy it through Origin?

My EA account appears to be linked (same email address, although the passwords are different) but no TOR in Origin

I've just grabbed the weekend trial but its given me an installer to download but I'd rather have it in Origin (since I cant have it in Steam)

Thanks
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:35:09 AM

Origin should pick up on the SWTOR install (after you install it) even if you didn't get it through Origin.  It does that for a number of other recent-enough EA titles, but not 100% sure on this case.

Either way, it will never do its patching through Origin, so all you're getting is being able to launch from it and the in-game overlay.  Worst case, move the install later.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:44:09 AM

My Origin found it without me telling it to, yeah.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:46:00 AM

Hmm my Origin still hasn't picked it up :-(
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Can you get TOR in Origin (without buying thru Origin)?  
Jump to: