Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:00:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Kickstarter - The Thread. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kickstarter - The Thread.  (Read 422255 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #490 on: May 03, 2013, 02:37:14 PM

CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN LAU^ SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: May 06, 2013, 01:49:57 AM

Even Schild should like this one. C-Wars. A chinese CyberPunk tower defence. Already funded but looks interesting and there is a Demo too.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1054244612/c-wars-roguelike-pixel-art-pc-game?ref=search

Truely and international youtube video liked.

Game demo download page. http://www.onipunks.com/download.html

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:52:00 AM by Phred »
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #492 on: May 07, 2013, 04:55:42 AM

The Silicon Knights guys are literally too cheap to give Kickstarter a cut of the proceeds so they're actually doing their own hosted crowdfunding that just so happens to look exactly like kickstarter.

http://www.precursorgames.com/shadowoftheeternals/

Oy.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #493 on: May 07, 2013, 08:10:35 AM

Q. What happens if you do not reach your goal *UPDATED*?
A. Our financial goal is a flexible one.  All contributions will go directly towards the development of this game and making it a reality.  We are committed to making this game, however, if it becomes apparent that we cannot raise enough to develop this project then we will refund all pledges.

So, the one guarantee that Kickstarter gives backers -- the project only gets your money if they meet their fundraising goal -- doesn't actually exist here. ^^

These guys claim they can't use Kickstarter because they're not in the US or UK... but I'm pretty sure I saw Canadian Kickstarter projects before (Castle Story comes to mind).. unless they laundered it through a US entity or something.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #494 on: May 07, 2013, 08:16:33 AM

Q. What happens if you do not reach your goal *UPDATED*?
A. Our financial goal is a flexible one.  All contributions will go directly towards the development of this game and making it a reality.  We are committed to making this game, however, if it becomes apparent that we cannot raise enough to develop this project then we will refund all pledges.

So, the one guarantee that Kickstarter gives backers -- the project only gets your money if they meet their fundraising goal -- doesn't actually exist here. ^^

These guys claim they can't use Kickstarter because they're not in the US or UK... but I'm pretty sure I saw Canadian Kickstarter projects before (Castle Story comes to mind).. unless they laundered it through a US entity or something.

Is it really so? Because Larian, that recently ended a successful campaign for "Divinity: Original Sin" is a belgian company (although, in the KS profile of the game, you can notice "Sacramento, CA", but AFAIK they don't have an actual office there or in the UK). http://www.larian.com/company.php

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #495 on: May 07, 2013, 08:34:28 AM

Indiegogo has flexible funding, that's what they're copying. I would never back a flexible funding, and mostly stay away from IGG (they charge your card instantly, no backing out unless the project creator does it on their own).

And IGG is also where a lot of foreign places go, so it does invalidate the issues setting up a KS (which is a valid issue, just that there are options besides KS and direct funding). Raging Heroes is having a hell of a time setting up banking to launch their KS, apparently (French company). So yeah, Euros either set up a shell or partner or go with IGG.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: May 08, 2013, 06:58:38 AM

I would have killed for this one back in college.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm

That was back when we were playing battletech like crazy and loved robotech. I still will likely pick it up because my inner  robotech junkie demands it.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: May 08, 2013, 07:16:44 AM

I want some of those minis.  Hopefully they're obtainable individually later.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: May 08, 2013, 08:02:27 AM

I've never been into the mech thing, so easy will save there. GW just released a slew of new Tau Empire mechs if you're into that kind of thing.

Raging Heroes is (still) getting ready to launch the Toughest Girls in the Galazy KS, the latest blog post makes it sound like it's getting close (again).

There's a pretty decent iconic D&D demons KS going up soon. Sculpts look better than the CSM attempt (and hopefully with much less newb mistakes like CSM made).
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: May 08, 2013, 08:09:48 AM

I want some of those minis.  Hopefully they're obtainable individually later.

They will be the kickstarter is basically to cover the initial production runs for retail and given they have so totally blasted past what they were shooting for funding wise should see the minis available at a game store sometime december ish from what they are saying.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #500 on: May 08, 2013, 10:20:48 AM

I've never been into the mech thing, so easy will save there.

What kind of freak are you....  Ohhhhh, I see.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: May 08, 2013, 11:50:55 AM

I blame Warner Brothers, Mel Blanc, Chuck Jones, Tex Avery, Friz Freleng, etc. Grew up loving the beautiful animation, music and voice work, not to mention the humor, of the Merrie Melodies. When Saturday morning started to get polluted with horribly animated and voiced cheap drama/action stuff from Japan, I stopped watching cartoons and moved on to other things. (Not that there wasn't an increasing glut of american garbage on, too!)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #502 on: May 08, 2013, 12:09:47 PM

Yeah.  I hear you.  The pre-70's looney tunes were the best.  They really went down the drain, both writing and art quality, once the late 70s and early 80s hit.  Still, how can you not relish the idea of driving around in this fucking shit up? 

awesome, for real
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: May 08, 2013, 12:29:14 PM

I want to see a pic of a nicely painted up MAC2 it is amusing how huge that thing is in scale compared to all the other miniatures. Those are images of the pieces full size.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: May 08, 2013, 01:19:34 PM

There's a pretty decent iconic D&D demons KS going up soon. Sculpts look better than the CSM attempt (and hopefully with much less newb mistakes like CSM made).
Fuck you, Sky.  You just cost me another $100.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: May 08, 2013, 02:12:54 PM

I thought this was interesting:

Here's a quote we ripped from the internet that was written by Tom from Evolve-PR, our fabulous PR agency who helped us a lot during the Kickstarter campaign:

it's sometimes much easier to build word of mouth without involving the press; with Divinity: Original Sin, we spent a TON of time (and too much money) trying to get press to play the game... the coverage at many "top-tier" sites didn't actually yield much in terms of a return for their Kickstarter. It was only when we really dug in with the YouTube crowd that the KS campaign took off.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: May 09, 2013, 12:05:08 AM

Penny Arcade Kickstarter for a podcast. Goal $10.

Kind of genius. With a $10 goal there is no way to miss and they can pocket the money no matter what.

Also sleazy as hell. Wonder how many Kickstarter projects in the future will have a $1 goal and make the first stretch goal the real goal?

The golden goose is going to die fast at this rate. KS is quickly becoming just a website where people can beg for money based on fake or non-projects.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: May 15, 2013, 09:56:41 PM

So the Grim Dawn alpha shipped today, and is getting pretty positive reactions from people. I haven't seen any comments on it here so I guess people were too hesitant to back this one or something.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549560
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: May 15, 2013, 10:38:25 PM

I gave Grim Dawn $1.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #509 on: May 16, 2013, 12:03:40 AM

So the Grim Dawn alpha shipped today, and is getting pretty positive reactions from people. I haven't seen any comments on it here so I guess people were too hesitant to back this one or something.

I only had a little time to install and look at it this evening.  Too soon to form a strong opinion.  The art is not as muddy as Path of Exile.  I need to find the release notes or something and figure out what's supposed to be done / not-done at this point in the alpha.

schild
Administrator

Reply #510 on: May 16, 2013, 09:02:58 AM

Beh. Shame I don't have $85 to throw at them.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: May 16, 2013, 12:17:29 PM

Unless you've moved to some foreign country with worse exchange rates than Australia the cost to get in on alpha is 50$ unless you just have to have the digital map and the glow in the dark mini pet http://www.grimdawn.com/contribute_buynow01.php
schild
Administrator

Reply #512 on: May 16, 2013, 12:38:36 PM

oh hay $50

shame

heh. I can't really just spend money on things not life (as I've repeated, Hex is being supported by Magic atm)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: May 16, 2013, 01:40:31 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #514 on: May 16, 2013, 01:53:40 PM

He needs a pledge level whereby the those pledgers are allowed to punch him in the dick.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #515 on: May 16, 2013, 02:01:20 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #516 on: May 16, 2013, 02:06:00 PM

You guys are broken. That's an awesome poster. I'm going to get two -- one for me and one for my friend who was our DM in college *and* had a poster of A Bold Bluff.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: May 16, 2013, 02:51:41 PM

I like the concept but it's a lazy implementation.

Disclaimer: we had a massive tapestry of the dogs in our band room.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #518 on: May 16, 2013, 02:57:39 PM

If I can't get it on black velvet, no sale.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #519 on: May 16, 2013, 03:05:17 PM

I mean, in theory it's funny but the art kind blows.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #520 on: May 16, 2013, 03:18:27 PM

They've been trickling out information and screenshots for just over 3 years now. I wanted to be excited about it since I liked Titan Quest, but this hasn't exactly been a speedy development process.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: May 16, 2013, 06:22:05 PM

Hey, I have been out drinking with that guy!

He does/did stuff for living forgotten realms and now Living Divine (A 4E based game)
I wonder if he would deliver it at GenCon...
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: May 16, 2013, 08:32:55 PM

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/clintgc/space-monkey-taking-the-cloud-out-of-the-datacente

Ran into this today. Peer-to-Peer Distributed storage device. (No data center for "cloud" storage). Hmm. Only 23 hours left if you want one.

- Viin
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #523 on: May 16, 2013, 08:43:29 PM

I love the name.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #524 on: May 17, 2013, 02:32:15 AM

Unless you've moved to some foreign country with worse exchange rates than Australia the cost to get in on alpha is 50$ unless you just have to have the digital map and the glow in the dark mini pet http://www.grimdawn.com/contribute_buynow01.php

At this point our mighty dollar is worth more than yours.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Kickstarter - The Thread.  
Jump to: