Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 64-bit Client 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 64-bit Client  (Read 3817 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: February 18, 2012, 05:30:33 PM

Decided to cash in on the free 7-day email I got and give the new 64-bit client a whirl.

Ho-ly shit  ACK!  Why could we not get nice things like this sooner?  I could crank everything up before and it was alright, but now?  Everything's on Ultra, V-sync is locked in 60, AA at 8x, and everything runs smooth like butter with no lag at all.

Anyone else try this out yet?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:46:31 PM

I only noticed an improvement when I did LFR a few weeks back. 25-man raids ran much smoother on my PC after switching to the 64-bit client.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 01:14:14 AM

do you have to make a completely fresh install or can you "upgrade" the regular installation in some way?

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 02:29:42 AM

do you have to make a completely fresh install or can you "upgrade" the regular installation in some way?

You have to be patched up to the latest version.  Once done, follow the link in my OP to their forum post about it, which has a .zip file containing the 64-bit .exe along with a couple other files.  Just dump those in your root WoW directory, run the .exe and off you go.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 03:12:52 AM

You dont even have to run the .exe, if you fire up the launcher it will automatically prefer to launch the 64 bit version unless you tell it not to.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 04:15:20 AM

I think my loading times went down a bit, but haven't noticed anything dramatic.  But I've just been porting between Org and Dragon Soul so probably not the best case for seeing major differences.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 64-bit Client  
Jump to: