Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:52:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Crusader Kings II 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crusader Kings II  (Read 134771 times)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: January 28, 2014, 07:21:33 AM

More on Rajas of India from rock, paper, shotgun  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Also expect war elephants.Love Letters

as long as the dlc doesn't jump the shark á la sunset invasion
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: January 28, 2014, 09:20:57 AM

Just noticed that the rivers in India looks navigable.. I am so gonna raid, plunder and conquer India as a viking!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #387 on: January 28, 2014, 09:31:12 AM

I wonder if we'll get a "Suez Portage" to connect the major bodies of water in some way or if the indian ocean and the atlantic/mediterranean seas will remain completely separate beasts. (Problem with the latter is that they used to say that the AI can't work out separate sea areas, which is why the east coast of Africa has no boats at all)
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: January 28, 2014, 11:37:10 AM

It looks like their are seazones, so I assumed that the reason must be that boats will work there. But who knows.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #389 on: February 04, 2014, 08:14:15 PM

If you hold the Aztec Empire title in ck2, will you gain control of their land in the Americas in eu4 if you use the converter? Screenshots I've seen suggest that they're the same country, but thought I'd ask here first before I tried it myself.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: March 20, 2014, 03:20:26 AM

The new dlc should be coming out next week.  awesome, for real
Unfortunately I'll be too busy to really get into it for a while  Ohhhhh, I see.

edit:link to the date announcement
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:24:21 AM by satael »
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #391 on: March 20, 2014, 04:21:59 AM

not really interested in playing india, but the free changes and map expansion would make a revisit worthwhile.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: March 28, 2014, 02:25:42 PM

Anyone else pick this up? I feel like it is more of the same, just in India. The Indian portraits freak me out. Maybe I haven't found the differences yet.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: March 31, 2014, 02:19:00 AM

Buggy piece of shit.
Didn't buy this, but still got shafted.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: March 31, 2014, 07:07:47 AM

Yeah was not in a rush to get this. Maybe when it's 2$ on a steam sale.

I have played too much CK2 anyway, not much fun anymore. Getting from count to king is fun, but once you get that it's way too easy.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: March 31, 2014, 10:32:47 PM

They release so much of RoI anyway in their usual patches that I'd just skip it and technically play it anyway, the biggest draw for me is the map expansion and that's already bundled in.

For people who play CK2 on and off this patch breaks save compatibility, although who needs an excuse to start again? Time to carve out a nice little Persian empire without having to resort to european expansion.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #396 on: April 01, 2014, 09:23:56 AM

For people who play CK2 on and off this patch breaks save compatibility, although who needs an excuse to start again? Time to carve out a nice little Persian empire without having to resort to european expansion.

Seriously? That means my last save from a month or so ago is borken?

cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: April 01, 2014, 10:04:30 AM

Seriously? That means my last save from a month or so ago is borken?

Yeah, the expanded map means the save just couldn't be mapped meaningfully to the new world. Because of this the 2.0.4 version will be available indefinitely through the beta tab on Steam.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: April 08, 2014, 07:14:54 PM

Amazingly this fucking DLC & Patch broke a lot of shit, so you actually get a worse game after this DLC is released.
Reverting the game to Pre-DLC state gets you better performance, less bugs and no curry eaters to bother with (HAHAHA WHO CARES ABOUT THAT ANYWAY)

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:59 PM

And I've discovered that if you have a stand-alone client, ha-ha, fuck you.

I bought it from Gamersgate, where I'd purchased the original game and all the expansions and DLC to date. All you get is a Steam code. Better go buy it all again on Steam, loser! Ohhhhh, I see.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: April 09, 2014, 04:35:32 AM

There's no way you can register the stand alone parts with Steam?
cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: April 09, 2014, 08:12:30 AM

From what I heard, you were supposed to get a steam key for each piece of DLC too. If you didn't you should contact Gamersgate support about that.
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: April 09, 2014, 10:06:53 AM

And I've discovered that if you have a stand-alone client, ha-ha, fuck you.

I bought it from Gamersgate, where I'd purchased the original game and all the expansions and DLC to date. All you get is a Steam code. Better go buy it all again on Steam, loser! Ohhhhh, I see.

Had the base game and it's DLC's through Gamersgate as well and they added a separate "DLC collection" item in my games section with a steam code after the move to Steam, easy to miss if you're not looking for it.
Do believe there were a few of the DLC's I still had to add seperately after it but everything I owned was moved over just fine. Or take Cironians advice if it's not there, either way no need to re-purchase any that you had.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #403 on: April 09, 2014, 11:35:18 AM

Amazingly this fucking DLC & Patch broke a lot of shit, so you actually get a worse game after this DLC is released.
Reverting the game to Pre-DLC state gets you better performance, less bugs and no curry eaters to bother with (HAHAHA WHO CARES ABOUT THAT ANYWAY)

So basically I should just stay the fuck away from this until they've patched up some shit?

cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: April 09, 2014, 11:50:19 AM

If you switch to the new beta patch on Steam, it's mostly fine. Muslims are a bit OP once more due to new mechanics, but otherwise no big problems.

Under no circumstances play the non-beta patch version though, that one's one of the most buggy releases they put out in a long while.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: April 09, 2014, 10:20:07 PM

So basically I should just stay the fuck away from this until they've patched up some shit?

Absolutely.

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: April 10, 2014, 06:23:30 AM

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: April 10, 2014, 06:56:16 PM

No longer possible for AI to plot to assassinate self (unless they are a lunatic)

rofl

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: April 12, 2014, 05:44:01 PM

Gamersgate's customer support got me Steam codes, and I should be happy and grateful, but at the moment I'm annoyed by the fact that I had to get them all by scrolling through their dodgy game library UI, selecting each one infividually, clicking "show serial key," and then cut and pasting each into Steam's series of "activate product code" popups.

I did this 22 times, for the game and every piece of DLC. -_-

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #409 on: June 03, 2014, 12:43:34 PM

Rajas of India and all the other DLC for Crusader Kings II is on sale on Steam until Thursday, 66% off, as well as the main game if you haven't already gotten this.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #410 on: June 03, 2014, 02:29:41 PM

Thanks, I hadn't gotten around to buying the Rajas one yet!

God Save the Horn Players
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: June 04, 2014, 07:27:35 PM

Yeah, that got me.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: August 14, 2014, 12:31:16 PM

New DLC (Charlemagne) just announced at the Paradox fancon.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: August 14, 2014, 07:36:44 PM

Wow this game must be still hella popular for them to still be miliking it. It's inferior AI to even EU IV becomes apparent once you reach a rank of (stable) kingdom unfortunately. From count to king it can be fun but after that easy mode. Pdox needs to work on an engine upgrade.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: September 19, 2014, 05:52:44 AM

Crusader Kings II: Over 1 Million Copies Sold

The average Crusader Kings II player has a playtime of just over 99 hours.
ACK! DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: September 19, 2014, 06:02:32 AM

I have significantly more than that.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #416 on: September 19, 2014, 08:11:08 AM

I've only got 46 hours but I lost my last save games when my hard drive crashed last month, so I'll have to start over at some point. Did they ever fix the wonkiness that the Rajas DLC added?

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: September 19, 2014, 08:14:43 AM

I have significantly more than that.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Same here. I've skipped the Raja dlc so far (maybe next sale) but I'm really looking forward to spending too many hours in the game again once the Charlemagne dlc is released.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: September 19, 2014, 08:19:08 AM

Just looked and I have 519 hours.

I tried Raja's out, thought it added nothing to the game and haven't been back. Still having fun with the Old Gods expansion. Recently became Emperor of Scandinavia that encompassed all of Scandinavia, a good chunk of northern Russia, all the British Isles, and Holland. The only Christian kingdom left with any power is France. Playing with Gavelkind really sucks early on.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:25 AM

I have 362  Ohhhhh, I see., I think the whales are inflating this one.

What wonkiness did RoI add? The new dlc looks like a huge waste of time, Old Gods and Legacy of Rome still the only DLC's worth buying.

We so need to do a succession radicalthon  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Crusader Kings II  
Jump to: