Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:31:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Riders of Rohan - this time for reals! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Riders of Rohan - this time for reals!  (Read 59089 times)
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: January 20, 2013, 06:37:09 PM

if you've got spare turbine points go and buy the wallet (not sure what its called).  It will take all your skirmish marks, khuzdul tablets, dwarven carvings and assorted crap out of your inventory.

My other annoyance regarding inventory in Moria onwards is legendary items.  You get alot; I can't imagine how many songs and stories were made about these 'legendary' items considering i either straight up junk them or crack them for their relics instantly.  I'm destroying history!!! But yeh, between that and other random junk I find myself out of space relatively quickly.  Guild Wars did inventory better.

*Should be working*
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #71 on: January 22, 2013, 12:29:31 PM

The term "legendary" isn't very apt.  However, no one would get excited about finding a First-Age Recyclable Weapon.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 22, 2013, 02:06:23 PM

Conceptually, the legendary weapon system is horseshit.  Gamewise, it was a decent addition. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #73 on: January 22, 2013, 02:19:15 PM

Ehhh, it is bloated and annoying and you can't even opt out of it to use a regular weapon because those don't exist.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: January 22, 2013, 04:44:58 PM

More or less agree with that Ing, while you can find a regular Joe weapon with better stats, the customisation available on a legendary weapon means that it beats 95% of generic weapons just by virtue of the fact that you can pick which weapon suits your playstyle, or constantly upgrade the base damage to keep up with your level (and it will outpace a regular blue weapon etc). 

But yeh, runes, relics, craftable bits and xp and reforging and junking the ones you don't want is awfully bloated; but the customisation it allows is nice if you put up with the endless breaking and recrafting bits...

Dol Guldur here I come!!

*Should be working*
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #75 on: January 22, 2013, 04:46:44 PM

Where do you find regular weapons post-50? The only ones I remember seeing after entering Moria were off-hand weapons, literally everything else was legendary.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #76 on: January 22, 2013, 07:29:57 PM

It was a neat idea that became a hacky way for them to balance classes.  Has zero lore and canon value sadly.  Everything is recyclable and it's a gear treadmill.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #77 on: January 23, 2013, 03:22:10 AM

Where do you find regular weapons post-50? The only ones I remember seeing after entering Moria were off-hand weapons, literally everything else was legendary.

Yeah, they remain in the game for offhand users, but I don't remember too many of those items being offhand only. There are a few quest rewards, crafted weapons from the AH and some items on barter vendors.

But if you go that way, you might as well grab a legendary, equip it and only rank up DPS, ignoring relics and such. I'm quite sure you will fare about as well while leveling.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #78 on: January 23, 2013, 09:44:43 AM

Leveling a legendary the "right way" is indeed the crab-meat of LotRO.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: January 23, 2013, 04:37:58 PM

I updated everything last night.  Been out of the game for 10 months according to the launcher.  It's still a gorgeous game with beautiful music.  

Edit: fuck me the LI system is even more bewildering now.  Doing your taxes has less cognitive impact.  Hates it!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:19:44 PM by Soln »
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: January 24, 2013, 04:15:21 PM

just identify/deconstruct everything you aren't going to use - i play a hunter so i get dps rank ups first and other stuff lik critical multipliers.

the relics and other "stick in ables" don't vary that much, just use the autocombiner to get them above rank 2-3 and you're golden, focus on a stat that you use for your class. 

I don't use the shards and refining relics or making them with craftings skills.  Too fiddly and you get such little benefits out of it (maybe a hundred melee resist or ranged resist rating, a small amount of incoming heal or fear resist etc).

*Should be working*
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 01:18:53 PM

That's good advice. 

I tried out the (new) Monster Play. Was fun but I can see the grind in trying to get up in rank.  Really hard being rank 0 greenie.  OTOH the Monster peeps were very inviting.  I resubbed (again again again) but I think I will skip Isengard and Rohan for awhile until I'm convinced of the fun.   Be nice to noodle a bit and avoid the token/LI grind.

One bitchy bit of sadness: really unhappy there's still no (since 2007) working LFG tool.  The Instance Finder is not being used sufficiently so everyone still just spams GLFF.  Very disappointing.  I loaded myself up to play anything as a DPS, and all I got was a single solo skirmish for my level.  Thought I was doing it wrong, since it put in the same skirmish twice alone, but GLFF reports the problem was a lack of available people.  Seems really stupid -- you have to find people to also want to do the same instances and then they use the tool?  sad panda
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 01:38:54 PM

At least some of it is that no one uses the tool.  Another is that lots of people like to solo or duo.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Riders of Rohan - this time for reals!  
Jump to: