Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:22:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Bleatbowl II 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bleatbowl II  (Read 32412 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 01:55:33 AM

God dammit.

http://shop.bloodbowl-game.com/cgv.html
In the case of an order of software that can be downloaded, you can access your product by clicking on the download link present either directly on the page of accepted payment, or subsequently on the confirmation e-mail. You will then automatically have a period of 21 days during which you can download your product at your convenience. At the end of those 21 days, the download is no longer available; you must then contact You can choose to subscribe to the download extension for one year, which entitles you to download a new copy of your software products at any time and as many times as necessary.

So I need to "subscribe" to be able to download the software I paid for, but only for a year at a time! I doubt I still have the original download, though i will check first. THIS IS WHY PIRACY WORKS.

It's currently 40 bucks through steam, and there's no information ont heir website how much a 1 year download subscription costs. I/'m hoping I can still get it off my old hard drive though.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 05:30:40 AM

Steam = the superior online internet store  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 09:07:04 AM

It is, but when the game came out those of us who had bought the previous version got a discount if we bought it through a different webstore.  Also, I don't think it was immediately available on Steam.  I foresaw this problem coming though and bought it through Steam when it was like $5 a few months ago because I had actually been through the same thing with them with the original Blood Bowl.

We'll wait, Comstar, no sweat.  If you ask me, it's not piracy if you've paid for the game though!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 02:08:33 PM

Panic over. Very nicely they have allowed me to download the game again, which I'm doing now. Assuming it all works I'll be able to play my game later today.

Edit- and I FOUND the damm download as I'm at 25% of the new download. Installed and ready to go. I expect a close match! I'll see you in...9 hours or so.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:02:43 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 04:25:10 PM

Awesome!  Now, how about Bann vs. Llyse?

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 05:58:54 PM

We tried to play yesterday, but Llyse was having some connection problems. We couldn't even make it past the inducement screen without a timeout.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 06:16:48 PM

It didn't go so far that it had to be reset.

As soon as you two can get it finished, please try.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 07:42:31 PM

Yeah, it won't be until this weekend since we've got a massive time difference sadly  Heartbreak
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 09:24:25 PM

I had a chat with Bann about it earlier.  It's no problem as long as you two are on the same page about scheduling the match.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 09:26:43 PM

Hi Bann,

I should be available in 8 hours but that's still middle of the Friday workday for you I think.

So what about GMT +8 8am Saturday which is just after work Friday for you?
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 05:57:34 AM

Llyse, that sounds great. I'm actually gonna try and duck outta work a little early today, so I'll look for you on steam when I get home.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 12:42:04 PM

I played my game vs Avaia. It was a bloodbath- 1 dead, 1 MNG, 1 -1MV, 1 -1AV, 4 KO'd...and that was by turn 3!

I cannot upload the match because I have a new system, and the site for BloodBowl manager is down. Anyone got a link to get it again? Page does not work.

After a dramatic first 3 turns of blood all over, Avaia had to make a risky 1 player run down from the middle of his side of the pitch...and it was not to be. After 4 more turns I ran in an easy TD when he only had 4 players left on the pitch.One player woke up for the first half, leaving him with 6 vs 11. Avaia conceded the match at that point, which I disagree with, but understand.

Game Replay

Avaia - 1 MNG, 1 BH, 1 dead, 1 skill up.
Me- -1MV, -1 AV, 2 skill ups.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 12:47:46 PM

Concession was a means of survival, nothing to disagree with.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #48 on: February 12, 2012, 01:22:52 PM

Comstar has a ticket to Bleatbowl II!  Now will he face Llyse or Bann?

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 12, 2012, 08:13:15 PM

Played my match with Bann after network problems and delays.

There was a sizeable TV difference giving the Cosmonauts enough to afford the terrifying Grishnak Blackhoof and some bloodweiser babes. With the bigger Bull advantage Bann chose to receive after winning the toss.

It started off solidly enough for Bann with setting up for a solid drive down the right flank with the a Cow Center formation. However with the guard advantage Breaking Wind eventually pressured the ball carrier and popped it free for a hoof tap dance routine around the elfskin ball.

Several turns passed with both teams picking up the ball but unable to hold it for longer than a turn, while the biggest bovine on the pitch contributed with breaking the bones of a hapless block goat.

Finally the Cosmonauts break free on the left flank and head to the right corner of the field. However with 0 rerolls left Bann is pressured into scoring on the 6th turn giving Breaking Wind a reasonable 3 turns to equalise.

Thankfully the pickup was made with any problems and with enough time to send receivers deep into the russian space exploration field, an accurate short pass from the Chemical quarterback results in Breaking Wind equalising in clinical fashion.

The 2nd half was a reversal of the first half with Breaking wind attempting to gradually bash their way to the redzone. However, this would be slightly with Chaos Cow star on the pitch. And Bann's Cosmonauts would regularly be within a hoof's grasp of the Breaking Wind ball carrier.

Sensing their chance the Russian astronauts would elect to rush for the ball carrier leaving them too close to the sidelines. Breaking wind would play the clock and focus on increasing their numbers advantage by crowd surfing the eager Russians.

Breaking Wind would go on to score in extratime on the 19th turn after getting a smashed hip to a key dodging guard goat.

The Cosmonauts had 2 turns to equalise but with 0 rerolls and Nuffle the Invisible hand ensured Chemistry carried the day over Astronomy.

Breaking Wind are into their successive Bleat Bowl with 2 - 1 win in Extratime.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:18:06 PM by Llyse »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, 07:05:35 AM

Nice work, to all participants.  I'll advance the day later today and we can get Bleat Bowl II underway at Comstar and Llyse's leisure.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 03:29:35 PM

The day has been moved forward.  Play away, you two.  Scheduling shouldn't be too tough.

Also, I'm glad a new team made it. 

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 02:25:21 PM

Llyse what's your steam name? I have this weekend available, so yell at me through steam!

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 03:51:18 PM

Hi Comstar!

I will be home and ready to rock Sunday about 2 hours behind Melbourne time.

My steam name is Catfud
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 04:39:32 PM

Ok, give me a yell on Steam this sunday for the BLEATBOWL FINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAL

Will Experience defeat a random new season team? We'll find out. Both coaches have defeated the other in previous competitions, it will be a close game!

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 04:57:16 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: February 19, 2012, 02:43:15 AM

Game played. A close game. What decided it was a Big Hand+Sure Hand beast-man failing to pick up the ball 3 times in the rain.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 19, 2012, 02:49:59 AM

Deaths/injuries?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 19, 2012, 07:48:28 AM

One of my beastmen MNG and apoced to MNG, I think that was about it, apart from 2-4 KO's.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #59 on: February 19, 2012, 08:50:55 AM

Game validated.  Congratulations to Llyse, champion of Bleatbowl II, and to Comstar, for bringing a new team into the league and nearly taking the gold!

Thanks, everyone, for a great season.  There was much more participation than I anticipated, and I hope folks had fun.

See you all in Elfbowl!  I anticipate it will begin very shortly.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 18, 2012, 05:54:49 AM

Do you think there will be another Bleatbowl? I'm wondering what to do with my side.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 06:00:22 AM

If your experience was anything like mine the only sensible answer was to delete it!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:22:25 AM by Ulysees »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 06:21:08 AM

Mine is pretty good. I might drop it down some TV and play it next season.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #63 on: June 18, 2012, 07:21:38 AM

It's tough to say right now simply due to the new version coming out at some point.  I don't intend for it to be the next league that I run though.  It would be neat to see one of the teams go on to a regular season.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 18, 2012, 07:33:20 AM

Well, I got bored so I sold half the side and bought a Mino.

1280 TV so if the next normal season starts before the new version comes they might get a run.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 18, 2012, 08:31:05 AM

I think I might do the same!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 12:36:20 PM

There was a post somewhere about moving the BleatBowl teams into the Feeder league since they only played games with f13 and so the likelihood of ringers was nil.

That still true?  awesome, for real
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 12:55:59 PM

I don't see why not.  Falc decided to allow them in the regular season as well as long as they passed the TV limit and never played a game outside of f13.  No one has ever done that, but I know Lamaros has his goats in the Feeder League and has mentioned playing them next season.  Which would be awesome.  Betty was a beast.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Bleatbowl II  
Jump to: