Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:23:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Bleatbowl II 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bleatbowl II  (Read 35258 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

on: January 22, 2012, 12:26:57 AM

Bleatbowl II: this one won't end in a tie!!!

Llyse vs. Comstar
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:28:03 PM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 12:43:28 AM

Applied.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:49:26 AM

Applied

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:56:20 AM

God, I play Ruvaldt the goat master.

Bring it !  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Applying in 10 hours
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 10:17:21 AM

applied
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:32:00 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:35:05 AM

The matches have been finalized:

Group 1
Ruvaldt vs. Llyse
Comstar vs. Lamaros

Group 2
Gruntle vs. Bann
Avaia vs. Teleku

Winners of the first round play against one another and decide the champion of each group, and then the champion of each group plays in Bleatbowl II.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 03:50:28 PM

Applied.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 08:58:51 PM

One more and we'll get underway.  I don't want to name names, but...the hold-out's rhymes with frontal.

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 04:22:53 AM

One more and we'll get underway.  I don't want to name names, but...the hold-out's rhymes with frontal.

Hmm... is that me? I rarely do Full-Gruntle but alright.
Well, Ok, I've applied now.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:42:45 PM by Gruntle »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 03:38:29 PM

The playoffs are now ready to begin!  You have until the end of February 1st to play your match.  Report results in this thread.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 05:47:50 PM

Comstar are you about tonight?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 02:47:41 PM

Try me tonight.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 04:58:01 AM

I have never been more angry! Never!

The final two overtime turns were pretty epic. Some bullshit from the gods to give us both a chance, then some bullshit to take it away. With some errors thrown in for the crowd to rue as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vfDLjuzaOCI#t=135s

Dunno how to get the popup to go to the right time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:04:10 AM by lamaros »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 05:03:59 AM

Holy nuffle. I mean holllllllyyyyy nuffle. That was...nothing but nufffle.

I made more dodges than I do with my Amazons..apart from a 4 turn streak where I failed a 3+ dodge every turn with a reroll.

1st TD - Dodge, push, block - pow, ball scatters into TD zone, push - dodge - pick up, TD.

2nd TD in overtime 2nd last turn- I'm 3 players down. The ball is covered by the other team, but on the side line. I make a double GFI, push a player onto the ball, it goes into the crowd and is thrown back into the TD zone. I fail a dodge to get someone at it. Lamaros then rolls double skulls. Last turn,  I make a blitz, gfi, gfi, pick up, TD with no rerolls.

Friendship IS magic, because I can't explain the game any other way.

Match uploaded as day 8

My Little Beasties | 2 - 1 | Lovers, Fighters

Teams
My Little BeastiesLovers, Fighters
Race : ChaosChaos
TV : 13401430
Treasury : 100000410000
Rerolls : 44
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 98
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
My Little BeastiesLovers, Fighters
Score : 21
Touchdowns inflicted : 11
Touchdowns sustained : 11
Passes : 00
Catches : 00
Interceptions : 01
Knockdowns inflicted : 716
KOs inflicted : 33
Injuries inflicted : 14
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 16
Yards gained passing : 260
Yards gained running : 4260
Ball Possession (%) : 5227
Own occupation: 2475
Opponent occupation : 7524
Note of the match: 14/20
Spectators: 32000
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:12:02 AM by Comstar »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 05:06:20 AM

Aye.

More nuffle action:

Overtime begins. We both have 0 rerolls. I win one on the kickoff event! Yesss!

Comstar tries to make a pass. Failed catch, bounce, falls into the hands of another player (who doesn't have block) catch! He runs free! GFIs to get some protection in. Then one final GFI for extra support. Failed!

I then have to blitz his ball carrier. Linda is up! Block, MB, Claw, Foul Appearance v Leader! What a doddle! But wait, what's this? Double skulls? But I have a reroll! Yes! Use it! Double push...

I swear there was someone on the other end choosing what the dice would be, the game was crazy.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:08:40 AM by lamaros »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 05:18:35 AM

Also, different playstyles by the numbers:

Comstar: 20/36 attempted dodges
Lamaros: 1/2 attempted dodges

Comstar: 36/39 attempted GFIs
Lamaros: 6/8 attempted GFIs

103 D6 rolls v 29
41 2D6 rolls v 86
59 block dice v 172
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 08:05:37 AM

Odd, that sounds exactly like the game I played against him.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Maybe I should just lose my match, I'm not sure if I want to face those dice again!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:20 AM

My dodging beastmen got -1AG apoced to -1MV, rest were badly hurts. One of mine got a skill up, 2 of his.

Watch the replay - Larmous kept giving me one chance to blitz the ball carrier with some dodges and GFI's and I'd take it every time.

Hey are these teams eligible for the main league?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 09:07:03 AM

Hey are these teams eligible for the main league?

They aren't at the moment.  I'm trying to talk to Falc about it though. 

My opinion: since all of the games are played against f13 Blood Bowlers one should be able to do it as long as the team still meets the TV1300/no money/11 players standard and has never played a single game outside of f13 Blood Bowl.  Ultimately, though, the decision is Falc's and if he says "absolutely no" I wouldn't fuss about it.

And that game sounds spectacular.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 03:52:37 PM

I wasn't suggesting Comstar had great dice, though perhaps they were slightly better, I just meant that we played very differently. I tried to draw him in to bash, he tried lots of hero moves to score.

Some of the hero moves worked, and when the game was on the line I didn't adjust and play defensive enough.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 04:21:01 PM

Bann's Cosmos had 7 players with block, Los Stupicabras had 7 with Foul Appearance [correction: 6, one of my FA goats was out with a note from his nanny]. Unfortunately for me but probably to no one's great surprise, block carried the day (and it didn't hurt that one of Bann's 7 blockers was also Lord Borak the Despoiler).

The game started out very well for Los Stupicabras, they chose to kick off and as they did so, the crowd still mourning the senseless death of Scabb two games past, stormed the pitch and knocked down almost the entire Cosmos line (including Lord Borak) leaving only 3 goats in the back field still on their hooves. With an extra arm they grabbed the ball and faded back, Los Stupicabras applied pressure with a few goats while the rest stomped on the Despoiler's head, unfortunately he was only Knocked Out (this was a low injury game, only one goat the entire game got an injury and I apoth'ed that to a badly hurt so he was back in the second half). Though there were knocked out goats, some desperate ball bobbling and a few promising break-aways, neither team managed to score in the rest of the first half.

For the second half, the Despoiler got back up, unfortunately two of my three KO'd goats didn't (including the +ST +AG goat). So lining up 10 goats against the Cosmonauts' full 11 with the Despoiler holding the center of rumble line, we set up to break on the side. Somewhat successfully at first, the extra hands + dodge goat recovered the ball and zigged then zagged to a cage on the side. Bann then broke that cage (was this following my double skull turn?) So on Los Stupicabras next turn the ball carrier was surfed out of tackle zones and ran to a half-cage against the side-line. The Despoiler spoiled that, smacking the back corner goat out of the way easily and moving next to the ball carrier, and the Cosmonauts placed a goat at the other exit up in front. Well the ball carrier had dodge and horns and was just within scoring so he went for the dodge away blitz but failed to escape Lord Borak. The Despoiler recovered the ball, and slow walked it in on turn 16 with no Stupicabra being able to take him down (though Bann made it difficult enough that I'm not sure many even got a shot at him, I remember one unlikely red dice blitz attempt was thwarted by a goat with dodge again failing his first dodge roll).

(I followed Comstars lead and also added the game to our normal bbmanager league under day 8)
Congratulations to Bann, he came back from a horrible horrible first turn kick off event to trounce my goats pretty handily.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:39:03 PM by Gruntle »
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 10:41:53 PM

Ugly ugly match that had things going my way very early, then for Teleku, then very decidedly back my way again.  I didn't tie it up until turn 16, but by then he was down 7 goats.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 11:05:46 PM

Looks like Bann vs. Avaia for the ticket to Bleatbowl II.  Hopefully I'll catch Llyse soon for our game and we can get this done quickly.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 10:26:07 PM

Breaking Wind 2 - 0 Goat Variations

Good game, and Llyse finally beat me.  Really, it wasn't even close as Chocolate Jesus attempted to carry the team, but failed the important dodges, and then rolled four 1s on GFIs in a row.  Llyse beat me pretty soundly, and that finishes round 1.

However, due to some strangeness with the seeding, and the fact that, for whatever reason, Cyanide designed the leagues so that the owner can't alter match-ups after the first day has passed, the matches are different from how I planned.  Ultimately it doesn't make a big difference, but if anyone objects I can create a different league and start it with just the four participating teams.

The way Bloodbowl organized the next round is:
Bann vs. Llyse
Avaia vs. Comstar

and the winners would meet at the finale, Bleatbowl II.  I think it actually works out pretty well because none of these teams played each other in the regular season, but it isn't how I originally planned the match-ups to go.  Unless a coach objects I'm just going to let these match-ups stand because, personally, I don't think it matters all that much at this point.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 07:20:59 AM

I have no problem with this.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 07:38:00 AM

That's because you are a coward, Bann.

Works for me as well.

Actually, the original bracket would likely make for much easier scheduling, but that's not a huge deal.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 03:24:07 PM

The round is on!  Nine days to play your matches.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 06:38:49 AM

At an airport but will be back to your scheduled programming shortly. (24 hours most likely)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 12:29:34 AM

Bann vs. Llyse
Avaia vs. Comstar

Annnnnnnnd go!

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 09:35:54 AM

Comstar, I am actually home this weekend, so hopefully we can get our match in?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 01:26:34 PM

Comstar, I am actually home this weekend, so hopefully we can get our match in?

I'm online in steam, you're online in steam. Give a yell.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 12:02:19 AM

Hi Avaia!

The cold snap in Korea killed my water boiler and power but it should be good to Sunday afternoon GMT +10 so hopefully your Sunday morning is free.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 12:09:23 AM

You're playing Bann, Llyse.  Blood Bowl threw a fit and decided on different matches; I wasn't able to switch them around.

Bann vs. Llyse
Avaia vs. Comstar

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 04:00:19 AM

I bought a new PC today and have discovered that Bloodbowl is not being very nice.

Sorry, your download time expired (21 days from order day).

I have submitted a ticket, but I suspect it would be all very much easier if I pirated the game instead. I'll wait till monday but if no news I'll end up buying it, again, on steam.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Bleatbowl II  
Jump to: