Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:51:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Things to do when you're lv. 50 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things to do when you're lv. 50  (Read 5584 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: January 04, 2012, 03:43:30 AM

While we currently only have 3 lv. 50's in Bat Country, a number of others are quickly approaching the mark, and like me will likely be wondering what they're supposed to do now.  So to start off with, I found this list of Imperial side Daily and Weekly quests:

SWTOR Daily Guide Lvl 50 Imperial

Hello, Ok so now that you've hit 50 what to do your thinking. Well swtor has a system of dailies that are available to do just for 50s! The daily quests reset at 7am EST each day. Weeklys reset on Tuesdays.

The coms can be used to buy barrels/hilts that are 126 rating for 8 coms per. Armor pieces for 8 coms per. Ear pieces for 130? coms. 2 mounts for 200 coms per.

TIP: Summon the companion you want rep with before you pick up the quest and return the quest for rep!

PvP (All picked up on the space station)

[Daily] March them Down -- Win 3 Warzone Matches
Rewards: creds and an epic PvP bag (the kind you buy for 200com/200merc)

[Weekly] Win 9 Warzone Matches
Rewards: creds 2 epic PvP bags and the choice between lower epic bag and the valor rank 60 bag

[Daily] Cutting the Cord -- Help the war effort on Ilum 5 times (Ilum warzone points captured)
Rewards: credits and epic PvP bag

[Weekly] Blacken the Ice -- Help the war effort on Ilum 15 times (Ilum warzone points captured)
Rewards: creds 2 epic PvP bags and the choice between lower epic bag and the valor rank 60 bag

Belsavis Dailies (16xDaily Coms)
This series requires the completion of a Bonus series that starts on the space station, the quests are granted as you complete this series, take a few hours to do.

Credits earned from vendor items and quests after all Balmora dailys: 125k
Boss mobs each drop an epic item on 2 and 4 person quests.

{South} (8xDaily coms)
Balmora Daily South.jpg

[Daily] Invisible Threat -- Kill 10 stealth troopers and 2 commanders
Rewards: 1xDaily com, creds

[Daily] Unintended Consequences -- Recover 3 wraith box components then use at terminal near end of bunker
Rewards: 1xDaily com, creds, and companion rep

[Daily] Heroic +4 -- Kill Lord Raxxus
Rewards: 3xDaily com, creds, rep, pick between 2 armor enhance or a blue box

[Daily] Heroic +4 -- Destroy generators
Rewards: 3xDaily com, credits, rep, pick one item 4 lvl50 orange companion weps blue staff or blue lock box

{North} (8xDaily Coms)
Balmora Daily North.jpg

[Daily] Found in Translation -- Recover 24 weapons
Rewards: 1xDaily com, creds, rep

[Daily] Ancient Transmissions -- Recover console key and use console
Rewards: 1xDaily com, creds

[Daily] Reluctant Volunteers -- Capture savants 3

[Daily] Deadly Mutation -- Kill 5 creatures and destroy 5 equipment

[Daily] The Carriers of Xenovirus Prime -- Scan 4 cells in bunker

[Daily] Heroic +2 -- Jill jedi master
Rewards: 3xDaily com, creds, rep, 1 choice of 2 purple mods or 1 blue lock box

Ilum Dailys (8xDaily Coms)
No companion rep is granted from this series.
Credits made: 95k

Ilum Dailys.jpg

[Daily] A Tightned Grip -- Kill 8 rep forces, obtain battle plans
Rewards: 1xDaily com, credits

[Daily] Defend the Shipment -- Kill waves of mobs after clicking box

[Daily] Operation Shatterstorm -- Click panels on com towers x5

[Daily] Rightful Owner -- Collect equipment boxes x5

[Daily] Sabotage -- Plant bomb on equip then defend

[Daily] +2 Poisonous Strategy -- Click control panel and kill jedi x2
Rewards: 3xDaily coms, credits, 1 choice between 4 epic enhancements or a blue box
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 03:54:57 AM

On Empire side, there is a channel called Lfg50 that is used by a decent amount of the 50s on Shien if you need help trying to put together a group. It's 120 commendations for the ear pieces, and there are also implants for 120 that they neglected to mention. They are pretty high quality (equivalent to hard mode raids I think) so I think it's worth skipping over the mods and saving for the accessories, since you can get level 50 mods from the daily quests which are just a shade below the ones available from commendations.

The group content I did was forgettable (only did the first boss in Eternity Vault but it's been cleared on Shien I'm pretty sure - the normal mode is pretty forgiving.. when I went in there half the raid had hit 50 within the past day) and getting the groups together is a pain, so I've been doing dailies on Ilyasviel, then just leveling my Jedi Sentinel instead. They need to come up with an endgame that is not raid-centric if they want to be successful, in my opinion, unless they make the raids Black Talon/Esseles style. Actually they should just improve all flashpoints and raids to be more like BT and Esseles.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:12:01 AM

I've been in the Lfg50 channel since yesterday, but I can't say I've really seen much activity in it yet.  Flipped a few control points in Illum after the server came back up tonight, although not enough to complete the daily quest.  With no republic people flipping them back I didn't have much to do there after that.  Also checked out Outlaw's Den in Tatooine earlier, and it looks like the things I'd heard about the resource nodes and supply cases being removed was accurate, leaving no real reason for anyone to go there.  That makes Warzone dailies and weeklys, and trading out WZ coms for Merc Coms to be the only real way to get the purple pvp bags.

Haven't tried any of the Hard Mode flashpoints yet, but apparently that's where you get the crafting mat for various lv. 50 purple recipes (bracers and belts I think).  There are also a couple of Flashpoints on Illum that open up at 49 or 50 I think (False Emperor and Battle for Illum).  Hopefully we can get some good hard mode Flashpoint Bat Country groups going before too long, but until then, when I'm not leveling alts I'll probably mostly be sticking to Warzones and maybe some dailies.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:42:29 AM

Looks like every server has their own level 50 lfg channel -- it is "Level50" on Lord Adraas, republic side. I've run the normal-mode level 50 instances once and they seem straightforward enough (if a bit long) with some interesting mechanics like the BH-dude-with-the-pewpewing-ship. Getting groups together can be a bother though, so I've been playing alts instead. Also tried a hardmode Esseles run, but the first boss completely obliterated us -- apparently every single hardmode boss has a tightly-tuned enrage timer. Hope your group's DPSers are good and geared!

Doing the weekly pvp quests (both warzone and Ilum) is very much worth it for the 3 champion bags, and the Ilum daily is good as well -- my server (as I suspect many/most other servers) is Imp-heavy, so I can just go to Ilum whenever I want and flip 5 objectives for an easy completion. I have yet to see any pvp combat taking place in there (aside from an agent trying to gank me and him dying).

My stance on 'standard' daily quests is still the same -- fuck 'em. They were an annoying chore in WOW and they are not any more engaging here. I still recommend doing them once each - that's enough commendations to get a good barrel/hilt and a good armor mod. I can't see myself doing 360 of these things to get the epic earpieces/implants, sorry.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 06:54:57 AM

Dailies? shit tons of fucking dailies? reading this shit makes me want to unsub.

I am the .00000001428%
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:39:47 AM

I like the space missions, are the ones at 50 as easy as the 20-30 ones?  Because I also like easy space missions.  It's like a stress reliever, after being frustrated with how much health and damage the quest lieutenants do it's nice to go back to my ship and annihilate an armada as though it is nothing.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 08:00:14 AM

Dailies? shit tons of fucking dailies? reading this shit makes me want to unsub.
What other diku mmo has an endgame that's not dailies/raid/pvp? You could always go cyber at the fleet cantina. What else do you expect?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 08:02:31 AM

I think the correct answer to this thread is: Level an alt and enjoy a new story. 

It's a far better option than the endgame, particularly with buggy heroics and broken pvp mechanics.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 08:41:59 AM

What other diku mmo has an endgame that's not dailies/raid/pvp? You could always go cyber at the fleet cantina. What else do you expect?
Rift has rifts/invasions, LOTRO has the legendary item thing, EQ2 has house decoration and (now) a dungeon creator. Every game incl. SWTOR has small-group instances (not raids) and pvp that you can just log in and do.

I think the main issue with diku daily quests in *all games* is that they make the repetitive diku grind glaringly obvious -- they're all simple kill-x and gather-y quests that don't present any challenge and have zero story. You do them just to 'have something to do', and get the shiny epic items so you can get into raids easier or pwn a bit more in pvp. You may also need to do them to get $ for repairs / consumables / crafted raid-level gear. WOW did the daily quest crap better than most by mixing them up with minigames (like in the darkmoon faire) which at least makes them a bit different... of course they are still repetitive and chore-like.

Daily dungeon quests and pvp quests are fine. You get a random group (insert random LFD comment here) for them quickly and do them, at least it's a different experience every time. Normal dailies? Fuck that shit.

edit: the correct answer IS 'level an alt'. It'd be easier if you could level without doing the same planet quests all over again or pvping against level 50s as a level 11, though.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 08:58:23 AM

I think the correct answer to this thread is: Level an alt and enjoy a new story. 

It's a far better option than the endgame, particularly with buggy heroics and broken pvp mechanics.

Yep. For now that's what I'm going to do. Level alts until they figure out the heroic stuff and up all my tradeskills. I really like the tradeskills in this game.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 10:46:06 AM

Flashpoints and Ops seem fun, I just want to do them with the guild instead of standing around looking for pugs. So I've been alting up a huge storm. I'm sorely tempted to reroll my vanguard because I think his face looks inappropriate for the shit he says. :P

I will chime in that PVP would be fun (I enjoy it in theory!), but the more people getting pvp epics, the more broken the system is getting. It went from woo pvp match to "god damnit, it is actually completely impossible for us to even sort of win this match"
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 10:51:06 AM

Why can you see your Vanguards face?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 01:13:06 PM

Why can you see your Vanguards face?

He keeps talking the helmet off for random conversations! :(
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 01:21:19 PM

Axe Cop helmet FOR LIFE.

God Save the Horn Players
zardoz
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 02:05:45 PM

[...]
I will chime in that PVP would be fun (I enjoy it in theory!), but the more people getting pvp epics, the more broken the system is getting. It went from woo pvp match to "god damnit, it is actually completely impossible for us to even sort of win this match"

As a 50 yes I would agree the system is broken atm. 50s need their own bracket and Ilum needs a full redesign, atm we trade only the obejekts there for the daily/weekly quest without any bloodshed.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 02:22:07 PM

Win trading will be common whenever you have a small enough population that you can coordinate it effectively unless defending is worth a lot more than attacking.  It will sort itself out over time unless you're on a really small server.

As for what I'm doing at 50?  Alts.  Mostly because my 50 is broken in a variety of interesting ways, from not being able to talk in Party/Guild/Ops/Officer to not being able to run crew skill missions.  And a few random bugged quests just for good measure.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Things to do when you're lv. 50  
Jump to: