Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Predictions: 1m+ players 3 days out; how about in January 2013? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Predictions: 1m+ players 3 days out; how about in January 2013?  (Read 273373 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #595 on: February 03, 2012, 09:06:31 AM

swtor is not in the same league as skyrim

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #596 on: February 03, 2012, 09:59:15 AM

swtor is not in the same league as skyrim
Your post is not in the same league as capitalization nor punctuation.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #597 on: February 03, 2012, 10:10:29 AM

Personally. I think I am just burned out with this type of game all together. Its not you, SWTOR, its me. I like conversations, I like the setting, I think the art and world are excellent ( Jogging shoes not withstanding ). But I have been playing this type of game for like 10 years now.

Levels are keeping me from playing with my friends, part of that, is because we have lives. When a friend gets on, one of us normally has to play the catch up game, and by the time we do that, our evening time frame is over.

Something we did not suffer in SWG, I may add.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:14:08 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #598 on: February 03, 2012, 10:24:27 AM

Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #599 on: February 03, 2012, 10:39:46 AM

This thread has gone over to the ridiculous side.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #600 on: February 03, 2012, 10:42:18 AM

I wasn't making a prediction.

I already made mine some pages back.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Rasix

Reply #601 on: February 03, 2012, 10:44:48 AM

Your comprehension is low today even for you.  Good grief, man.  No DIKU related level issues in SWG? YA DON'T SAY. 

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #602 on: February 03, 2012, 10:45:13 AM

to have everyone shriek at them "NO WAY STAR WARS 4EVER I LOVE WOW IN SPACE".

This never actually happened.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #603 on: February 03, 2012, 10:46:19 AM

Your comprehension is low today even for you.  Good grief, man.  No DIKU related level issues in SWG? YA DON'T SAY.  

I was not commenting on a design, just how it was more fitting for my group. I find myself playing more and more games that simply do not have levels, or gating mechanisms. SWTOR is now falling to the wayside because of it. For me.

You can spin it any way you feel like to make snark comments.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:48:48 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #604 on: February 03, 2012, 10:48:30 AM

Is there any chance at all the the people who are miserable will finally quit the game and go away?
Rasix

Reply #605 on: February 03, 2012, 10:51:18 AM

Your comprehension is low today even for you.  Good grief, man.  No DIKU related level issues in SWG? YA DON'T SAY.  

I was not commenting on a design, just how it was more fitting for my group. I find myself playing more and more games that simply do not have levels, or gating mechanisms. SWTOR is now falling to the wayside because of it. For me.

You can spin it any way you feel like to make snark comments.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #606 on: February 03, 2012, 10:51:37 AM

No, we all did. I think you were in the loo at the time.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #607 on: February 03, 2012, 10:53:39 AM

Where in my post did I indicate this was the case for all users? That this was anything other than a personal comment?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #608 on: February 03, 2012, 11:16:59 AM

Is there any chance at all the the people who are miserable will finally quit the game and go away?

We probably get to hear the every popular, "I'm only here until my sub runs out, then I'm off to <XYZ>"

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #609 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:59 AM

I say we start a thread where everyone who quits can write a three page hyperbolic diatribe on how SWTOR has failed them because they did not incorporate more mechanics found in UO/EvE/SWG/WoW/LOTRO/GW2.  We will require that said diatribe be read aloud on youtube with accompanying footage of them dying in PvP repeatedly.  This is important.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #610 on: February 03, 2012, 11:41:59 AM

Sounds like a plan, one thread for people who want to discuss issues with the game and one thread for the people convinced that if anyone brings up any faults with SWTOR they are just trolling because obviously no faults exist. (IT HAS VOICE ACTING!)

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #611 on: February 03, 2012, 11:43:49 AM

I'll be sure to go shit up the Eve forum while we're at it, since I've played that more than some of the people in this thread have played SWTOR.  Ohhhhh, I see.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #612 on: February 03, 2012, 11:47:47 AM

I think the EVE forum is in need of posts, any posts.

As far as ragequitting, let's just link to official board posts, if you guys feel the need for that.  Make sure to post your ragequit there, for a wider audience, and link from here to it, shrug.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #613 on: February 03, 2012, 11:49:11 AM

Don't forget to visit the LOTRO sub-forum too. The people in there just LOVE hearing constructive criticism.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: February 03, 2012, 11:52:18 AM

We still talk about SWG.  The chatter may fade, but they'll never go away.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rasix

Reply #615 on: February 03, 2012, 11:58:45 AM

We generally frown upon trolling game subforums, and the same shit is being brought up repeatedly in almost everyone one of these threads.  While the intent may not be to troll, the sheer volume of the gripes and the incessant repetition is getting overwhelming.  We've heard all of the complaints, we have much of the same.   Just because you haven't said it today, doesn't make it a new and special post-worthy gripe.  

In other words, tone it down.  Give it a rest for a second. And for fuck's sake, play something you enjoy playing.  You're no longer obliged to play the shit out of every MMO just so you can gripe about it.  It's like Triforcer trolling politics while screaming "I VOTED FOR OBAMA" at the top of his lungs.  Good for you; now shut up.

-Rasix
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #616 on: February 03, 2012, 12:03:55 PM

Levels are keeping me from playing with my friends, part of that, is because we have lives. When a friend gets on, one of us normally has to play the catch up game, and by the time we do that, our evening time frame is over.

Me and my leveling partner can only commit 2-3 nights a week for 2 hours or so each night, but it's definitely the most enjoyable way to play the game. Turning the leveling experience into real co-op experience is fresh enough to make the game interesting. When I play my solo alt, a Republic character, I get bored quickly and wonder why I'm playing. It's going to take us forever to get to the level cap but as long as I'm looking forward to playing the game I don't mind staying subbed for however long that takes.

If you're finding the game boring you might want to try starting a new character with a friend or two and seeing whether that keeps you interested. Of course, it all falls to shit as soon as people start logging in and leveling by themselves causing a constant 'catch up' cycle of boring solo play, but maybe you and your friends have more self discipline than I'm giving you credit for.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #617 on: February 03, 2012, 12:16:16 PM

Me and my leveling partner can only commit 2-3 nights a week for 2 hours or so each night, but it's definitely the most enjoyable way to play the game. Turning the leveling experience into real co-op experience is fresh enough to make the game interesting. When I play my solo alt, a Republic character, I get bored quickly and wonder why I'm playing. It's going to take us forever to get to the level cap but as long as I'm looking forward to playing the game I don't mind staying subbed for however long that takes.

If you're finding the game boring you might want to try starting a new character with a friend or two and seeing whether that keeps you interested. Of course, it all falls to shit as soon as people start logging in and leveling by themselves causing a constant 'catch up' cycle of boring solo play, but maybe you and your friends have more self discipline than I'm giving you credit for.

Yeah, I duo with my girl a lot. Its smooth, its fun, its progress. That's the best way, and where I have had the most fun. Its trying to match up with others in my circle that poses issues. Your second paragraph is everything I have done and or come across. Again though, I do not think this is an issue with the game, but more of me and my current place. Its not like I didn't know what I was getting into, what I didn't know was my current level of tolerance for it.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #618 on: February 03, 2012, 12:19:47 PM

No, we all did. I think you were in the loo at the time.

I did.  I used nearly that exact quote; "If it were WoW in space I'd be thrilled."

As I outlined.. it's not.  Same mechanics, poor execution.  I don't hate it, but I see the flaws already.  I'm not as obsessed with the game as I was WoW because of them and that's not a totally bad thing, either.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #619 on: February 03, 2012, 12:20:59 PM

Yes, but did you shriek and clutch your action figures?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #620 on: February 03, 2012, 12:22:11 PM

Hm...

Not that I recall, but I'm such the hysterical drama queen I might have.

awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: February 03, 2012, 12:35:01 PM

Just because you haven't said it today, doesn't make it a new and special post-worthy gripe.

Look, I'm going to leave it at this and then fuck right off about this. The topic at hand was how the goalposts have moved, how the bloom is off the rose, and what it may signal for the larger MMO industry. It was a little subtopic that cropped up, I chimed in, I hadn't chimed in for awhile other than stating what a bummer it was that the tech issues were what they were a few weeks ago.

I've been here for sixish years and I've never seen people clutch their pearls when criticism comes up with a game like they do with this one. Constructive, threadshitting, release, prerelease... doesn't matter. Christ, I can't recall Bloodworth saying much of anything before this and dudes are jumping in his shit because... what? One post?

I don't recall the hooting and hollering when we were all causing Mark Jacobs to have a nervous breakdown or when we were savaging AoC. You can have the double standard if you want, that's not my business. But let's stop pretending like there isn't one, because this game is and has been treated very differently than others. And if we're going to crack down on repetition, these forums aren't going to have a lot of content moving forward, since half the threads are repeated dumping on the shitty game du jour.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:39:19 PM by Modern Angel »
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #622 on: February 03, 2012, 12:44:01 PM

I still like TOR but I cant help but shit on it too.  I feel dirty, I have this deep loathing for the game but I still play it and enjoy certain aspects.  Its like beating my wife then trying to have sex with her. 
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #623 on: February 03, 2012, 12:48:28 PM

In his defense, I do have very attractive shit to jump on!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #624 on: February 03, 2012, 12:52:32 PM

Also you mentioned SWG, that's pretty much a free pass for a pile-on.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: February 03, 2012, 12:53:53 PM

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:59:14 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #626 on: February 03, 2012, 12:56:46 PM

I'm not willing to defend SWTOR from a technical standpoint, I just think a lot of the criticism is really tied to the "WoW did it" or "the game should be better in 20xx with this tech".

PvP is a joke, and anybody who bases their gameplay on that has plenty of room to bitch. Then again, I think all MMO pvp is a joke so I don't really care.

As far as the endgame goes, or the bugs people see, I simply haven't seen them on my end. I've seen the error 9000s like two weeks ago. I've had one bug where I had to restart a convo on my ship holo because it hung. Also, I get stuck on rocks.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #627 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:09 PM

Your comprehension is low today even for you.  Good grief, man.  No DIKU related level issues in SWG? YA DON'T SAY. 

Why didn't TOR use the level smoothing (whatever the fuck they do for PvP) in Flashpoints? Oh yeah, because they're morans.  swamp poop

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: February 03, 2012, 03:32:11 PM

Bringing this point back because of how extreme TOR is.

I found the same thing while playing with friends, you have a three level max generally from 1-30 before your in a completely different area or planet from a friend. Not only levels are dramatic in story progression but by coming back and helping a friend your overpowering the mobs in an area to a very high degree. It's the same with advancing a level or two and coming back to finish out heroic quests (at-least on the low-mid levels, never made it to max).

It's almost impossible to play with friends unless you all dedicate an alt to social leveling. It's just something we never really had to do in any other DIKU.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #629 on: February 03, 2012, 03:43:34 PM

I also said WoW in space was fine with me! It isn't quite WoW in space, though. In some ways, that is good (no Thrall fanfics!). In other ways, not so good (QQ wtb LFD).

Still, I am not going to be quitting any time soon. It's like I knew exactly what I wanted from this game, GOT what I wanted from this game, and am content to see if some of the other shit I'd like but didn't need from this game come into being.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Predictions: 1m+ players 3 days out; how about in January 2013?  
Jump to: