Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:53:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch Notes  (Read 177364 times)
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 05:35:35 AM

If you lost sound last patch like I did, here's how to fix it.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13697

Heh, look at you posting a link in downtime *which apparently requires the entire SWTOR web prescence to go down because idk they are running it from game servers or whatever*.

Almost anywhere in the world that takes a civilised approach to public holidays (ie. doesn't lose them to weekends) has today off for boxing day. Have fun working Americans!

? We didn't lose christmas to the weekend, we took monday off. What stupidity we DO have is that retail employees don't really get time off at all over this holiest of retail holidays. We simply don't observe boxing day, because seriously: What kind of culture worships a box?!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 27, 2011, 05:37:30 AM

Mostly the kind that likes getting two days off for christmas.

You don't want two days off for christmas? I'm cool with that, carry on.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 06:00:18 AM

My UI wish list actually starts with "a pop-up that when I hold the mouse over any Aurebesh text in the game it gets translated to English" cause I don't feel like learning a whole new fake alphabet.  It would take them quite a bit of effort to implement, though.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 07:12:03 AM

I just want to know why the scrolling combat text either reports damage 5 seconds after combat ends with no debuffs displayed (or completely randomly, like -113 when opening a cage a minute after combat), or explains how two text spams of 1000 and 2000 = 7000 damage.

At least on some of the later planets there are a few mobs that have got to be displaying something wrong with the SCT, since you'll just suddenly land at half health with nothing on screen to explain it. Heck, I have one quest unfinished because two mobs spawn in on you, and every time I've triggered it I've been at 5% health before they've even landed from their spawn sequence. And I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing differently.

A combat log should not be hard to implement. You're simply echoing out debug information into a text file. This is like, an hour worth of work including QA time.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 07:22:45 AM

Americans don't celebrate boxing day.  Every place I've worked that isn't a 24x7 operation takes the Monday after or Friday before off when a holiday falls on a weekend.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #40 on: December 27, 2011, 05:47:00 PM

Well, that patch note about skipping the queue if you crash and reconnect is bullshit.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 27, 2011, 07:29:06 PM

Americans don't celebrate boxing day.  Every place I've worked that isn't a 24x7 operation takes the Monday after or Friday before off when a holiday falls on a weekend.

Alot of places give you Christmas Eve and Christmas, but generally not Boxing Day.  Bigger places may give you the week between Christmas and New Years, and a fair amount of manufacturing just winds down for a week or ten days as it would be tough to run the place with so many employees gone, there is probably a glut of inventory, and you need to slow down at some point to do some kinds of maintenance.

My old place gave us 2-3 days for Christmas and another 2-3 days for New Years....  but of course then from January through April it was six days a week, and you wouldn't think about calling in sick unless you were calling in dead.  And sometimes I think they had a necromancer on call so that wouldn't slow down the billable hours.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 06:38:49 AM

I am thankful for the node fix. That was bugging the shit out of me. Now if they can just fix the map icon toggles, for me it seems nothing but venders seem to work.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 28, 2011, 07:04:15 AM

I am thankful for the node fix. That was bugging the shit out of me. Now if they can just fix the map icon toggles, for me it seems nothing but venders seem to work.
I haven't figured out why I have to chose what I see on the map.

Toggle A for Roads
Toggle B for Rivers
Toggle C for Bridges

I'm of the opinion that a map is best when you see all of those things at the same time.

If it is a question of crowding, then check-boxes rather than toggles seem the obvious solution.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 28, 2011, 07:09:28 AM

It does seem odd you cant toggle on more than one. That's true too.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #45 on: December 28, 2011, 08:42:05 AM

It's especially weird given you do have selection of checkboxes rather than toggles for the minimap icons.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 03:26:47 PM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 04:08:40 PM

Sith Inquisitor

General
The Darth title is now properly granted to Sith Inquisitors.

The Guild interface now properly displays the guild member list when it is sorted.
The "Show Sith Corruption" option no longer toggles off when transitioning between areas.

Stuff that was bothering me. Good round of fixes, hopefully they'll stamp all of these out quickly so they can get to improving the game where it's lacking.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 05:22:56 PM

Patch 1.0.2 Notes

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=958025#edit958025

Corrected an issue that caused poor performance on some machines in indoor areas with shadows enabled.

About time, I can turn my shadows back up.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 07:17:07 PM

Conspicuously missing: Corso will now no longer retoggle Harpoon back on every time you turn your back on him.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 08:49:33 PM

It's his way of flirting.

God Save the Horn Players
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #51 on: December 30, 2011, 10:38:02 PM

Conspicuously missing: Corso will now no longer retoggle Harpoon back on every time you turn your back on him.
That shit seems to be affecting the abilities they get as you level them up. Qyzen is similarly enamoured with his emp blast, yet remembers to keep the regular grenade in his pants when i tell him to.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 04, 2012, 06:25:14 AM

No patch today?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 04, 2012, 06:27:36 AM

It patched.  Was done by 6 CST.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 06:48:46 AM

is there an mmo-champ type site for tor? I spent about 5 minutes looking for the notes from today on their site and gave up.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 06:54:20 AM

is there an mmo-champ type site for tor? I spent about 5 minutes looking for the notes from today on their site and gave up.

ಠ_ಠ

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 06:58:35 AM

you could have said darthhater. Stickies happen to other people. anywho - notes.

eidt: no fix on the dance thing  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:04:26 AM by Wolf »

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 07:04:22 AM

you could have said darthhater. Stickies happen to other people. anywho - notes.

No, you really do have a reading problem.

why so serious?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 07:07:23 AM

That was the 30th.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 07:07:41 AM

That was the 30th.

IT'S THE SAME NOTES >_<

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 04, 2012, 07:08:32 AM

I was asking about today's downtime, I had assumed there was a patch. Seems like no.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: January 04, 2012, 07:09:05 AM

I was asking about today's downtime, I had assumed there was a patch. Seems like no.

There was a patch today.  The 1.0.2 notes I posted on the 30th were the PTR notes, which went live today.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:11:24 AM by luckton »

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 07:14:27 AM

So it's the correct patch notes. Shut up luckton I'm pretending to work, I can't figure all that stuff out, you could've just said you posted them above instead of making me work for it. Also you made me open reddit in another tab and I really have to get stuff done. I hate you.

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 07:16:24 AM

Might want to see an optician  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #64 on: January 04, 2012, 07:16:54 AM

So it's the correct patch notes. Shut up luckton I'm pretending to work, I can't figure all that stuff out, you could've just said you posted them above instead of making me work for it. Also you made me open reddit in another tab and I really have to get stuff done. I hate you.

why so serious?

Poor Luckton and his flings.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 07:19:35 AM

The people whose computers I remove the spyware off of on a daily basis could have found the information faster than you, and they don't even know what a fucking address bar is.  

They Yahoo EVERYTHING, and those that work IT know exactly the type of person I speak of   swamp poop ACK! why so serious?

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 07:26:14 AM

I'll just stop posting for today.

Plus how do you know I don't have spyware removed on a daily basis? I have an IT drone, I might make him remove stuff out of spite and tell him it's luckton's fault.  Ohhhhh, I see.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 07:29:40 AM

I'll just stop posting for today.

Plus how do you know I don't have spyware removed on a daily basis? I have an IT drone, I might make him remove stuff out of spite and tell him it's luckton's fault.  Ohhhhh, I see.

why so serious?

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 11:54:42 AM

Stop doucheing up the thread.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #69 on: January 06, 2012, 12:09:42 AM

1.0.2b Patch Notes 1/5/2012

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.0.2b/152012

General
  • Fixed an issue that could cause in-game chat channels to stop functioning for some players.

Classes and Combat
  • Social emotes (like /getdown) can no longer interfere with combat.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch Notes  
Jump to: