Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch Notes  (Read 177881 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

on: December 16, 2011, 01:33:12 AM

(notes only, no comments!!!, anyone can contribute to this topic; maybe stick it?)

Patch Notes 12/16/2011

General

- Corrected a server-side issue that caused some game systems (such as Companion Missions) to behave incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused some pre-assigned guild name to appear as misspelled or incorrect when players log on to their designated server.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 06:38:42 AM

Patch 1.0.1 (Test Server) Notes

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 06:57:50 AM

Nice to see CC added back to the Boarding Party in MR. 

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 07:34:34 AM

No mention of fixing tumult, damnit i need my bad ass darth maul back kick.

I am the .00000001428%
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 07:41:01 AM

BTW, did anti-clown make it into release?

"Me am play gods"
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 07:47:33 AM

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 07:54:51 AM

I keep expecting them to nerf slicing. It's so obviously broken and inflationary.

I dunno, maybe it's a negligible amount of money at endgame.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 08:00:35 AM

What's wrong with tumult?

Over and out.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 08:43:11 AM

You have to look like a idiot for a while longer because our player base is dumb as a bag of rocks.

"Me am play gods"
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 08:45:00 AM

You have to look like a idiot for a while longer because our player base is dumb as a bag of rocks.
Essentially, yes.  The same can also be said for whoever designed and implemented the UI.  why so serious?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 09:00:52 AM

Told you color matters.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 09:05:56 AM

What's really amusing is they talk about all the jedi knight armor being brown, then say this limits item variety for other classes. This is absolutely correct-- every single piece of JK armor I've seen looks absolutely identical. Brown robes, with a frickin' hood that I can't turn off to see my cutie-pie short-haired freckled redhead jedi's face.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 09:39:15 AM

By the way, newly opened Public Test Server forum has the patch notes for their next patch.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 09:40:36 AM

By the way, newly opened Public Test Server forum has the patch notes for their next patch.

I swear, it's like some people here don't click on the "New" button and read the posts down from there...  swamp poop

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 09:44:37 AM

Oops, sorry.

Use longer sentences please, it was too short; didn't read.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 09:54:24 AM

As far as i can tell it never lights up so i can never use it.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 10:00:11 AM

I keep expecting them to nerf slicing. It's so obviously broken and inflationary.

I dunno, maybe it's a negligible amount of money at endgame.

At higher skill levels its like a 30 minute mission for about 2-3k profit, hardly unbalancing.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 10:05:04 AM

Once you hit 50, money just starts piling up. All your quest XP is directly converted into Credits and you don't really have shit to spend it on anymore outside of vanity items.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 10:17:27 AM

I use it with Overload, and it works just fine.  Can be a pain to get within range before they get up.  Haven't tried it with Jolt, Whirlwind, or Electrocute.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 10:23:02 AM

Apparently it works fine in pve, i was doing pvp all morning and it didn't work on players with either electrocute or overload.

I am the .00000001428%
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 10:33:04 AM

Yeah, it is a pve only ability.  Same deal with Whirlwind. 

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 10:41:15 AM

Once you hit 50, money just starts piling up. All your quest XP is directly converted into Credits and you don't really have shit to spend it on anymore outside of vanity items.
So the economy is broken anyway, then. Shrug.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 01:21:36 PM

XP=creds is crazy.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 03:00:57 PM

XP=creds is crazy.

Err? WoW already does this. The question is how much content is there to do this with, and is there a viable money sink anywhere. Or are we looking at 15mil for PVP twink gear again (side note: totally going to hijack the market on this, sage/sorc lowbie epics go!)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 09:39:26 PM

I only had a chance to use it once before I left for the holidays.  You do realize you can only use it on incapacitated targets, right?  So I stealthed in, Space Sapped the LT guy and I was able to Tumult him since Sap (Mind Maze I think it's called?) is an incapacitate.  Don't know if the stun also counts and I don't have the knockdown yet.  But as far as I can tell from my one try it's working as it should.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 09:44:19 PM

Is that one of those 'strong or lower' only ones? Those seem kind of useless for anything but PVP really.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 07:19:52 AM

Is that one of those 'strong or lower' only ones? Those seem kind of useless for anything but PVP really.
I find the exact opposite to be true. My Jugg has several stuns that work on trash mobs, but none that work on tough mobs or players except Force Choke.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 08:04:45 AM

The PVP exp nerf is going to suck. been using a lot to level keeping the warzone queue running
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 24, 2011, 09:13:28 AM

I only had a chance to use it once before I left for the holidays.  You do realize you can only use it on incapacitated targets, right?  So I stealthed in, Space Sapped the LT guy and I was able to Tumult him since Sap (Mind Maze I think it's called?) is an incapacitate.  Don't know if the stun also counts and I don't have the knockdown yet.  But as far as I can tell from my one try it's working as it should.

Yes, i knew that.  The problem was that i had only been trying to use it in pvp and it didn't seem to work at all there.  Which is probably intended since it does a fuck ton of damage, although it sucks because it looks awesome and the kicking is very Darth Maulish.

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 09:36:13 AM

That's good to know.  I've only tried pvp twice so far and it's hard to tell what works against other players and what doesn't.

Over and out.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 03:45:30 AM

1.0.1 notes are going live today.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 03:47:15 AM

Does "scheduled maintenance" get scheduled anywhere?

I'm thinking particularly of "scheduled maintenance" that, for instance, wipes out an entire public holiday.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 05:28:42 AM

Silly non-Americans. Today's not a public holiday!

If you lost sound last patch like I did, here's how to fix it.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13697

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 05:28:57 AM

Does "scheduled maintenance" get scheduled anywhere?

I'm thinking particularly of "scheduled maintenance" that, for instance, wipes out an entire public holiday.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I wasn't aware that the US observed odd Canadian traditions! ;)

Side note: Working combat log, Bioware? Sometime soon? PLEASE? Because I'm 100% certain your scrolling combat text is not only wrong, but crazy wrong.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 05:32:28 AM

If you lost sound last patch like I did, here's how to fix it.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13697

Heh, look at you posting a link in downtime *which apparently requires the entire SWTOR web prescence to go down because idk they are running it from game servers or whatever*.

Almost anywhere in the world that takes a civilised approach to public holidays (ie. doesn't lose them to weekends) has today off for boxing day. Have fun working Americans!

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch Notes  
Jump to: