Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:12:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Noob questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noob questions  (Read 206757 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 15, 2011, 03:17:00 PM

The first line in every Heroic Quest in your log is that the quest is repeatable.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 03:18:47 PM

Trooper/ BH and Jedi Knight I had no issues doing the starter planet once you got my companion.    Is it a problem for the squishier classes? 

My smuggler was fine on the starter planet heroic 2 stuff, but she got her ass owned by a heroic 2 on Coruscant because she is a gunslinger instead of a scoundrel, so she doesn't have any healing. And uh. It's good to have someone who can heal at least a little on those, I guess. My sage facerolled them in beta. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 03:26:34 PM

They're all repeatable AFAIK. Just sign up for them again after you turn them in.

I thought there was a timer on the Heroics before you could repeat them?  

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 04:21:08 PM

I thought it was a day.  Could be wrong though. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 04:33:52 PM

Now that could be, I may be misremembering that part.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 07:24:43 PM

They reset at midnight, or some hour in the morning.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 18, 2011, 12:29:21 AM

Does companion affection do anything besides influence crafting? I was expecting some sort of romance type quests but as of 1200 affection with Vette I've had no conversation options at all aside from the first dialogue when we left the noob planet and I took off her shock collar. Hell, do companions have any quests at all?

Also, does anyone know what kind of gifts 2V-R8 (the Empire ship droid) likes?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011, 12:40:08 AM

Some of their conversations trigger when you hit certain points in the story, I think.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 18, 2011, 01:12:41 AM

Some of their conversations trigger when you hit certain points in the story, I think.

Correct, companion quests are gated to affection levels AND class story progression. It's not uncommon to hit a point in your class story then have like 5 companion dialogues/quests in a row.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 18, 2011, 02:48:54 AM

Do we have some sort of voicecom server ? Typing in guild chat is so 2001.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 18, 2011, 08:47:32 AM

Do we have some sort of voicecom server ? Typing in guild chat is so 2001.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Agreed
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #46 on: December 18, 2011, 09:16:49 AM

I keep hearing there's a CE store where you can buy a second CE crystal, is there? And if so, where?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #47 on: December 18, 2011, 09:20:18 AM

I keep hearing there's a CE store where you can buy a second CE crystal, is there? And if so, where?

You mean the preorder crystal? On the imp fleet, somewhere next to one of the corridors that connect the outer and inner rings. South, I think.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #48 on: December 18, 2011, 09:50:47 AM

NiX's f13 teamspeak seems gone, but I think ts/vent/etc would improve things. Though with so much VO stuff, I imagine people will want to listen to the game more than Sky ramble on.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 18, 2011, 11:36:36 AM

Is there a way to buy multiples of an item? In most other games it's shift+click. I occasionally stock up on the vendor crafting ingredient before I head out and clicking twenty times is a bit of a nuisance.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #50 on: December 18, 2011, 01:59:55 PM

You buy in piles the same way you split stacks. So shiftclick and drag, then accidently spam your guild line.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 18, 2011, 03:28:21 PM

The lifts in the very middle of the Imperial Station take you to it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #52 on: December 18, 2011, 05:55:30 PM

How are male humans managing to procreate given how tight their pants are all the time? Ohhhhh, I see.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 18, 2011, 06:45:59 PM

The tight pants might reduce the rate of successful pregnancies, sure, but they also increase the number of opportunities...

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 18, 2011, 07:00:17 PM

Ha!  I think one of the first comments I made in guild chat was 'Holy cow these are tight pants!'.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #55 on: December 19, 2011, 02:27:24 AM

The tight pants might reduce the rate of successful pregnancies, sure, but they also increase the number of opportunities...

Heart

Not that I can see Ingmar's jedi's butt, he's too busy cosplaying someone from Flash Gordon.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: December 19, 2011, 02:30:54 AM

DIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: December 19, 2011, 04:03:53 AM

I don't really ever craft much in MMOs, so this is a pretty noob question:  how do I get new schems for my Artifice profession?  Do I go back to a trainer to "level up" so to speak?  These skills don't seem to level quite the way I am used to seeing it in my very limited experience.

I am starting to stockpile better crystals, but have nothing to produce with them.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 19, 2011, 04:59:50 AM

I believe that my Sith Sorc has a ranged auto attack right now - at least, graphically when I right click on a mob, instead of bashing on it with the sabre she does an animation with her off-hand and there's a shadowy graphic on the mob itself. It just doesn't seem to do any damage? Is it an auto-attack or is it something else I don't understand?

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #59 on: December 19, 2011, 05:05:25 AM

I don't really ever craft much in MMOs, so this is a pretty noob question:  how do I get new schems for my Artifice profession?  Do I go back to a trainer to "level up" so to speak?  These skills don't seem to level quite the way I am used to seeing it in my very limited experience.

I am starting to stockpile better crystals, but have nothing to produce with them.

Yeah, you have to pop by to visit the artifice trainer every once in a while.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 19, 2011, 05:15:51 AM

Yeah, you have to pop by to visit the artifice trainer every once in a while.

Ah good, was hoping it was that simple...it just doesn't "ding" quite in the same way that other MMO does.

I believe that my Sith Sorc has a ranged auto attack right now - at least, graphically when I right click on a mob, instead of bashing on it with the sabre she does an animation with her off-hand and there's a shadowy graphic on the mob itself. It just doesn't seem to do any damage? Is it an auto-attack or is it something else I don't understand?

I am pretty sure that when you do the mouse clicky thing (either close or from range), it will fire off whatever you have in toolbar slot number 1.  So moving your basic attack there can actually be pretty handy.  I end up using it frequently while I am repositioning myself in battle and am too busy moving my cursor to fire off the attack normally (normally for me is mouse clicks on the toolbar).  Is that what you are talking about? 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 19, 2011, 05:28:25 AM

ಠ_ಠ

It is, my not-shadow word: pain is on 1, and that would explain everything. So I basically have to dedicate a slot for my "auto attack" or I can't do it? After years of just right clicking to trigger it -_-

Also as far as noob questions go - can I turn that whole mechanic off? It's actually doing more harm than good like this.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 19, 2011, 05:30:16 AM

I have no idea if you can turn it off or not...can you even map what your mouse buttons do?

I actually find it a convenient function, considering the lack of auto-attack, but I can see how it would be annoying.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 19, 2011, 05:30:35 AM

ಠ_ಠ

It is, my not-shadow word: pain is on 1, and that would explain everything. So I basically have to dedicate a slot for my "auto attack" or I can't do it? After years of just right clicking to trigger it -_-

Also as far as noob questions go - can I turn that whole mechanic off? It's actually doing more harm than good like this.

At level 10, you get a passive that turns most of your non-lightsaber close-range abilities into long-range 30 yard skills.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 19, 2011, 05:39:52 AM

it's actually meters, go back to wow with your yards  why so serious?

Yeah I know that, I'm having quite a bit of mana issues in dungeons, since people are not avoiding avoidable stuff every time, so I'd rather fill globals in down time with the free not-auto attacks, rather than cast stuff.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #65 on: December 19, 2011, 06:00:19 AM

it's actually meters, go back to wow with your yards  why so serious?

Yeah I know that, I'm having quite a bit of mana issues in dungeons, since people are not avoiding avoidable stuff every time, so I'd rather fill globals in down time with the free not-auto attacks, rather than cast stuff.

Seriously... I do not get why the fuck people can't figure out that those balls that drop outta the ceiling and shoot fire need to be avoided. Or any of the other flashy shit that forms on the ground. Hey if the floor starts glowing under your character, guess what you should do next. Fuck those people - let them die.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 19, 2011, 06:09:15 AM

Are the speeders worth it? Is the speed increase worth how expensive and goofy looking they are? I have the creds but so far running's been just fine.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 19, 2011, 06:38:14 AM

You can probably get by without a speeder until Tatooine, though I found it convenient before then.  You can get knocked off of it pretty easy, but it does make travel less of a pain.  But Tatooine is huge and full of wide open spaces that would probably drive me crazy if I was having to run on foot.  Which makes sense, it's Tatooine.  I think they really captured the planet well in that regard. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #68 on: December 19, 2011, 06:43:54 AM

Except that - as was pointed out in guildchat last night - everyone with a ship has crashed into Tatooine at some point.  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #69 on: December 19, 2011, 07:56:53 AM

It's just a galactic 'pick your own part place' Got a junker? We pay credits for you to set it on a collision course to Tatooine! Need a part? Bring your own tools and pay as you leave.

Management not responsible for death by Krayt Dragon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Noob questions  
Jump to: