Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Noob questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noob questions  (Read 207756 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #700 on: February 05, 2013, 05:41:37 PM

Once I got Elara I never looked back. She's wearing crit/surge gear. I've gotten her to a point where I turn off her actual cast time heal and put her in dps stance unless I'm doing something silly like a Heroic 4.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #701 on: February 06, 2013, 02:11:26 AM

Maybe I'lll use the ship droid, since he has no gear at all.

why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #702 on: February 06, 2013, 10:06:44 AM

Oh, but he does need gear!  ACK!

I realize you said that as a joke, but I'm going to complain about something anyway.  The worst thing they ever did with that droid (besides talking too much) was to not let him hold a weapon.  This means he'll constantly run up to enemies and attempt to punch them in between casting heals.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Over and out.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #703 on: February 06, 2013, 10:41:16 AM

Wait... you actually use him as a companion? In combat? ACK!

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #704 on: February 06, 2013, 10:43:18 AM

He used to be just as effective as all the other NPC healers at healing and some classes don't get a healer till like level 40ish.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #705 on: February 06, 2013, 11:07:54 AM

Is this the right time to mention how much Lokin sucks?  awesome, for real

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #706 on: February 06, 2013, 11:09:24 AM

It's always the right time for that.

He's terrible.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #707 on: February 06, 2013, 05:03:18 PM

Lokin totally sucks, yes.

God Save the Horn Players
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #708 on: February 08, 2013, 10:56:04 AM

Fought 3 assassins at once today on my shadow and killed one of them. Nearly killed 1 of a jug/operative duo but time ran out. I guess I figured out what I was doing wrong: I never popped this shadow defense ability (forgot the name) that increases force/tech resistance to 100% for 6 seconds. So now, unless I'm playing against others who are super twinked, I just wreck shop. I almost feel bad for being so twinked myself, but not enough to stop.  why so serious?

I am having problems with people who kite me tho. I'm not sure what's going on but one person seemed to be moving backward almost as fast as I was moving forward. I've run out of easy buttons so I have to click on force speed or slow. I need another hand to play this game effectively lol.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #709 on: February 08, 2013, 11:24:33 AM

As far as people running faster than they should be, there's been some speedhacking going on in PvP recently. I know the Reddit Empire guild on Shadowlands has had full PvP groups that have been doing it. It's why that warning about exploiting was on the launcher for a while.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:26:31 AM by koro »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #710 on: February 09, 2013, 08:38:57 AM

Heat Blast seems like utter shit.  Am I wrong ?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #711 on: February 09, 2013, 10:51:39 AM

Yes.

It's not only free (off the GCD and no resource cost), it actually generates resources for you, keeping you in the golden zone of ammo regen (or heat venting for BH).

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #712 on: February 09, 2013, 11:26:18 AM

U GAIS

I have an extra stun (spinning kick) I didn't know about via shadow tank skill tree. I thought it was from stealth only but I already took the ability that made it any time; and now I do 3% more damage to anyone I use it on.   Love Letters OH GOD what if tumult works off that? I should log on and check
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #713 on: February 09, 2013, 11:31:57 AM

Tumult doesn't work against other players.

Over and out.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #714 on: February 09, 2013, 06:30:29 PM

Tumult doesn't work against other players.

LOL yeah. I thought I was doing something wrong until someone told me that.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #715 on: February 10, 2013, 07:44:37 PM

So I need help picking my next class to pvp with. Choices are: sage (heals), gunslinger, vanguard, operative (mostly if not all dps). Operative has already been made, and I have one slot available for the other. On one hand I'd really like to see how I do as sage healer but I also think I'd prefer to do more dps. Vanguard because they seem to do more damage than my shadow (although I do tend to get stuck with guard duty a lot).
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #716 on: February 10, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Vanguard is capable of being loltastic last I heard? Maybe not any more, I really haven't kept up with it.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #717 on: February 11, 2013, 01:30:44 AM

Yes.

It's not only free (off the GCD and no resource cost), it actually generates resources for you, keeping you in the golden zone of ammo regen (or heat venting for BH).

Nah, I get all that and sure, that's great stuff, but for a top level power, I was expecting something a bit more 'wow' than my pulling out my dick at waist level and going 'pewpew' in the most comical fashion ever.

It's not a big damager and the range is shit.  I've stuck it into the rotation, but I'm a little annoyed that I have to couple it with the flamey thing in order to keep my absorption shield up.

I'll get used to it.

On a somewhat related note, I have now tried all 4 base classes on the Empire side and I have a question :

Why is it that no Star Wars game has managed to do Jedi or the Force even half as well as they do large fucking lasers ?  Both the bounty hunter and agent are far, far, far more fun than the Inquisitor or Warrior to play and it's kind of a shame.  I'm finding that running around smacking people with my glowing lolly as my Juggernaut is nowhere near as satisfying as the firepower I can bring to bear as the others, even as a sub level 10 agent.

Sad face.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #718 on: February 11, 2013, 01:50:56 AM

Because Sith/Jedi are crap.

That being said, the force power I do like is the Consular's infamous "Project" because hurling a large rock or droid body or something at a mob is always quite satisfying. And I'm enjoying playing a very Dark Side inquisitor because I keep trying to get Khem Val to eat people and that amuses me.  I've made the mistake with my Marauder of going light side though so I've already taken Vette's shock collar off. I should probably reroll...

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #719 on: February 11, 2013, 05:00:20 AM

I find the marauder (SW) and assassin (SI) a lot more fun than the juggernaut and sorcerer gameplay-wise, for what it's worth. My favorite varies on what you're asking me to do, though. The only force user I actively dislike at all times is the sorcerer/sage.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #720 on: February 11, 2013, 11:31:30 AM

Because Sith/Jedi are crap.

That being said, the force power I do like is the Consular's infamous "Project" because hurling a large rock or droid body or something at a mob is always quite satisfying. And I'm enjoying playing a very Dark Side inquisitor because I keep trying to get Khem Val to eat people and that amuses me.  I've made the mistake with my Marauder of going light side though so I've already taken Vette's shock collar off. I should probably reroll...

Nah, don't reroll.  Warrior with some LS options yields some spectacular mindfucks later in the storyline.

e:  Going pure LS gets you all sorts of great responses from everyone.  It's like they can't figure out what the hell is going on.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:44:16 AM by SnakeCharmer »
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #721 on: February 11, 2013, 12:13:07 PM

Sold - I will stick with it. Makes up for my very neutral Guardian who managed to get the DS role in the Esseles, pissing off at least two people who didn't want the Backstabber title.  awesome, for real

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #722 on: February 11, 2013, 12:52:37 PM

I find the marauder (SW) and assassin (SI) a lot more fun than the juggernaut and sorcerer gameplay-wise, for what it's worth. My favorite varies on what you're asking me to do, though. The only force user I actively dislike at all times is the sorcerer/sage.

I like my heals sorc but, like I told some other players, my shadow may very well be my first 50 I play after max level. The only thing I fear now are well played (read: those who hop around like popcorn) assassins and operatives   Heck I may even buy the expansion.  ACK!
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #723 on: February 11, 2013, 02:23:41 PM

Sold - I will stick with it. Makes up for my very neutral Guardian who managed to get the DS role in the Esseles, pissing off at least two people who didn't want the Backstabber title.  awesome, for real

Only read this if you want a little something spoiled:
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #724 on: February 11, 2013, 04:16:17 PM

I like my heals sorc but, like I told some other players, my shadow may very well be my first 50 I play after max level. The only thing I fear now are well played (read: those who hop around like popcorn) assassins and operatives   Heck I may even buy the expansion.  ACK!

Healing sorc/sage isn't a bad class, don't get me wrong. It's just I've basically played that class for many years in other MMO's and I am tired of it (I also am not much of a mage player, so the DPS version doesn't excite me either, and probably also why I am not wild about, say, gunslingers). The trooper and smuggler healers are much more interesting to me, because they are more novel. That's all!

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #725 on: February 11, 2013, 04:43:20 PM

Vanguard is capable of being loltastic last I heard? Maybe not any more, I really haven't kept up with it.

Assault Spec vanguards are the spiritual successor to zerkers and doublefrost math yes.

If this is lowbie PvP, Balance Sages are really fun and can basically command how a battle will play out.

Ironwood, pretty much all the top tier talents are like that, just things to smooth the spec out. Not going to find any real I-win buttons or anything really.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #726 on: February 11, 2013, 11:17:55 PM

assault vanguard inc then!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #727 on: February 12, 2013, 01:57:14 AM

Fair enough.  I just wish the graphic effect was better.  It really does look like my Hunter suddenly got a Premature Ejaculation problem with a strange dildo.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #728 on: February 12, 2013, 06:07:15 AM

Only read this if you want a little something spoiled:

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #729 on: February 12, 2013, 08:06:26 AM

Why is it that no Star Wars game has managed to do Jedi or the Force even half as well as they do large fucking lasers ? 

Game Designers.

Few would play anything BUT Jedi if they weren't neutered in some way.  Designers like balance and for everyone to play all classes (or else it's wasted resources, right?)  so they nerf popular shit and buff unpopular. 

C'mon, did you REALLY use any of Kyle Katarn's other weapons once you got the saber, or was it slice & dice, force-choke-a-bitch 100% of the time?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #730 on: February 12, 2013, 08:14:08 AM

C'mon, did you REALLY use any of Kyle Katarn's other weapons once you got the saber, or was it slice & dice, force-choke-a-bitch 100% of the time?

Hell yes! Sniping with that one shot disruptor rifle was awesome!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

But... I take your point. When sniping was out of the option it was force-grab, force-hold-as-a-living-shield, force-knock-the-other-fuckers-off-with-the-body

EDIT: and to be fair, the SWTOR jedi are based on the prequel jedi who run away from droids with forcefields because they can't rip it to bits with the Force through the forcefields.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:35:18 AM by DraconianOne »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #731 on: February 12, 2013, 09:00:47 AM

Not sure I buy that argument.

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #732 on: February 13, 2013, 09:14:37 AM

To do lightsabers justice you have to actually kill people or at least chop off a bit of them with every hit. In the Clone Wars cartoon it's one swing and a droid or two cut in half with the edges glowing with heat. That power (and the sound effects) is what makes lightsabers cool. Too powerful for a game, so you get to whack people with a glow stick instead.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #733 on: February 13, 2013, 11:24:16 AM

Not really.

They are less interesting than ranged guys because the animations are a bit crap and a bit slow. Also abilities are kind of dumbed down so you never get any synergies going on.

Also all the classes would be more fun if you were fighting bigger groups of weaker mobs.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #734 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:27 PM

There's one assassin that I fight periodically that spams this ability where he's twirling his saber and (apparently) doing AE damage. I have an AE ability but I don't think it's anywhere near as powerful. I have about 16k hp in sub50 and he took me down to about 60% just by spamming that thing.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Noob questions  
Jump to: